Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Could the next big fight drag on for months?

pdx4me

... "angry Sunnis pledging to dig in for a fight"

... "after the struggle for prime minister is finallly settled, then comes the next big fight that could also drag on for months - the competition for key government posts."

... "It's a very complicated political scene right now. There are pressures and rivalries that could keep this going for a long time."

If indeed the fight for key government posts drags on and on for months as stated in this article, will you continue to hope and/or believe that SOMEDAY the RV will revalue? We've been invested for over a year and find it hard to be convinced that the various factions in Iraq will actually come together and form a real government when they have such strong religious values and principles that are in total conflict with each other.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39495619/ns/world_news-mideastn_africa/

If indeed the fight for key government posts drags on and on for months as stated in this article, will you continue to hope and/or believe that SOMEDAY the RV will revalue? We've been invested for over a year and find it hard to be convinced that the various factions in Iraq will actually come together and form a real government when they have such strong religious values and principles that are in total conflict with each other.

This is why I think it was a bit naive for Bush to think that a democracy as the west might invision can exist in a middle eastern country. The very essence of Islam, regardless of which sect of Islam, runs counter to anything that resembles democratic government.

Read more:

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

There are many of us that have been in this from the beginning and through it all we have learned to be patient and just let it happen. It will happen the when is what none of us know for sure. If you want it to happen today and you are not patient you will never last in the chess game. I am in it for the long haul however long that is I will be here when it RVs not it it RVs.... Best of luck to everyone involved in the crazy roller coaster of a ride...

• Upvote 1

This is why I think it was a bit naive for Bush to think that a democracy as the west might invision can exist in a middle eastern country. The very essence of Islam, regardless of which sect of Islam, runs counter to anything that resembles democratic government.

so very true

• Upvote 2

... "after the struggle for prime minister is finallly settled, then comes the next big fight that could also drag on for months - the competition for key government posts."

... "It's a very complicated political scene right now. There are pressures and rivalries that could keep this going for a long time."

5"]A YEAR ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? YOU ARE TRYING TO GET RICH OVER NITE, TRY 7 YEARS THEN YOU CAN SAY YOU BEEN IN THIS CRAZY RAT RACE FOR A WHILE.. IMO WE ARE STILL A LONG WAYS OFF FROM A RV, BUT I AM NOT GIVING UP. IT IS GOING TO HAPPEN AND MY PREDICTION FOR WHAT IT IS WORTH, EARLY NEXT YEAR...OF COURSE I COULD BE WRONG. :lol::blink: [/b]

• Upvote 1

LMG - So true. There are those who have been under despotic rule for so long, and have so little education, that to consider them capable of a democratic form of government is too idealistic. I'm just hoping they can get it together long enough for the RV to happen and our groups of investors to be rewarded for their confidence. ;)

I have to agree with MRREF that one year in this. LOL. I have been on this ride since 2004. I have been in the background watching, waiting

and waiting. Oh and praying. I've seen a lot of newbies lately with a lot of well lets say Fortitude. I have long lost that. I am about to start lighting my barbecue with the stuff. However my other half says wait. It does sound like they might get it together. However I must say that I don't think these people are capable to accomplish such.

Their history is proof of that.

I've seen indecision before but they take the cake.

Lets see, They have been fighting for like 2000 years or so. I could be wrong on the time period but it still says democracy may or may not work. I really don't know.

They are sitting on one of the largest oil reserves in the world and their still bickering. At least when me and my lady have a spat I know that in the end she's right, I'm wrong. I pay for her new hair due. I get a 18 pack and do what has to be done the the right way. she's happy. I'm happy. it all goes round.

You think that these people can get together in a short period of time on anything. HA. I think we have a long road ahead of us. I pray I am wrong but I have been at this along time. I have studied their politics for 7 years now. Even though it seams like the end is near somehow they seam to drag it on and on.

I hope I'm wrong.

Best to everybody on this site. You all have kept me laughing and have taught me the meaning of patients and prayer. GO RV. MY BBQ IS STILL WAITING.

• Upvote 1

Do us all a favor. Please sell your dinar "if" you own any! I get sick and tired of listening to this kind of attitude from someone that says they own. Now please sell.....

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Read more:

Agreed. To them the concepts of Religion and State do match.

Edited by umbertino

Do us all a favor. Please sell your dinar "if" you own any! I get sick and tired of listening to this kind of attitude from someone that says they own. Now please sell.....

Principles? Iraq politicians? That must be a grammatical error. ;)

Inspite of what we read in the news I believe Iraq will form a government very soon. Iraq has a destiny and a purpose that some of us are keenly aware of based on biblical principles. IMO Iraq is the key to a global bailout. The entire world is waiting to benefit from Iraq's resources and you know what happens when you have the world waiting:

1. She won't wait forever.

2. She will not give up on Iraq until Iraq gives up the goods!

Be encouraged we're almost there!

1. She won't wait forever.

2. She will not give up on Iraq until Iraq gives up the goods!

Read more:

So, if Iraq doesn't give up the goods, and she won't give up until Iraq does, then we've got ourselves a paradox here... <_< Not being critical, just pointing out an observation about the seemingly contradictory statements :D

Not sure what you mean and I think U misquoted me so......Let me simplify ......The world won't give up on Iraq until Iraq shares her resources with the rest of the world. My point is the situation is bigger than just whats going on with the Iraqi government. There are other sources in the background pulling string for Iraq's success that we are not aware of. IMO

So, if Iraq doesn't give up the goods, and she won't give up until Iraq does, then we've got ourselves a paradox here... <_< Not being critical, just pointing out an observation about the seemingly contradictory statements :D

sigh, look at who wrote it. associated press for heavens sake! when i think back to the bs the put out during the 2008 election and since i put them into the msnbc category and that is no compliment. so disregard. you have to learn

how to read with a critical mind. heck, i am amazed that ya'll let an arfticle throw you.

IMO this "Government struggle" could go on indefinitely. When you have Muslim factions at the heart of the struggle, I think the leaders stand a better chance of being assasinated than being seated as PM. I don't think anyone because of that ideology is willing to give an inch. We are talking about people who love death more than life and feel they are mandated by God to take as much power as possible, because they think their particular brand of belief in God, (Sunni, or Shia) is the right one. I could easily see this situation devolving into civil war... not a particularly good climate for economic growth and stability.

This situation is far closer to the struggle between Catholic's and Protestants in Ireland than anything resembling Democrat's and Republican's here in the US. They don't think with a 21'st century Western mind. They think with a 7th century tribal mind. It's only through that world view can any sense be made of the situation.

I fully expected that not only would this not come off as people expect, but the situation will escalate rather than resolve. Of course I would love to proven wrong... .but I'm not holding my breath.