Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

EXPLOSIVE CHARGES ON BALTIMORE BRIDGE? 57 seconds

bigwave

I just wanted to post this before it vanishes. These types of vessels are controlled via satellite.

Second, and most importantly,  look at the top of the bridge on the left. You can CLEARLY see some type of explosion. If you watch several times all across the top of the bridge are some type of small explosions. 

Sadly the Sheeple will only believe what their told. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

That ship may have been navigating by satellite, but it had at least one if not two Baltimore harbor pilots steering it. Every deep water harbor in the country are required to have harbor pilots to bring large ship into port. The ship's Captain does not do that.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Pow! 3

And somehow the ship hit the bridge at the exact time the explosives went off.

The ship and cargo weigh a 100 tons minimum. Probably more. The ship hitting the column would be enough to destroy the bridge.

Why use explosives?

Why wait until the bridge is mostly void of traffic to detonate explosives that would result in minimal casualties? 

Alot of effort to go through for some supply chain disruption. 

It was just an accident. Nothing more.

• Upvote 4

Back in the mid 80's, I worked on a small navy research ship, out of Kaneohe, HI MCAS, that had turbine engines and hydraulics for propulsion and diesel generators for electricity and hydraulics to manage the rudders, flaps and kinards.  I worked on there as an electrician, and when out at sea, I would stand watch on the bridge monitoring the turbines and the generators.

One evening, I was standing watch and we were pulling into Honolulu Harbor, almost to the entrance, when all of a sudden we lost power to the ship.  We lost hydraulics and our rudders locked to port which was causing us to head to port towards the rocky entrance.  Fortunately, it wasn't very far to the engine room from the bridge, and on my way back to the engine room, another crew member (There was 5-6 crew members) was walking calmly from the engine room towards the bridge.  This guy was supposed to periodically check the generators and the turbines as part of his watch station.  

SSP Kaimolino

ssp kaimalino.jpg

When I arrived in the engine room, I went to the switchboard that controlled the generators, and someone had turned the diesel generator that was running off!  Which caused the loss of power.  Thankfully, the diesels start up on a dime, so I was able to restore power quickly and every thing started working and we made it into the harbor safely.

Kinda hard to tell, what actually happened in Baltimore.  When they lost power the first time, their emergency generators probably started automatically.  The second loss of power, could have been procedural error operating the generators, perhaps the primary generators restarted and they screwed up the synchronizing of the generators???  It will be interesting to find out what happened.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Pow! 3

4 hours ago, md11fr8dawg said:

Those flashes that you guys think are explosions, couldn't possibly be the flash of the electrical wires that provided power to the flashing red lights on the bridge sparking as they snapped from the bridge collapse could it???

That's a very good possibility which makes sense. 

However,  it's reported that the state police were notified of the issue with the ship 5 minutes before it hit the bridge. As a 31 year veteran of the hywy I can assure you that you have a better chance of winning a billion dollar jackpot in the lottery than getting the state police on scene blocking  BOTH sides of the bridge in less than 10 minutes. 

And let's just ask ourselves about the proverbial elephant 🐘 in the room. Who the heck made the video? Around 1:30am and some lonely old guy just said, "gee let's go and video the bridge in 30 degree weather". 

Yeah, sorry but I'm not buying that crap ever. 

1 hour ago, Markinsa said:

Back in the mid 80's, I worked on a small navy research ship, out of Kaneohe, HI MCAS,

I was stationed at KMCAS 1st Battalion 3rd Marines from 1983 to 1987. What do you think, is it possible we were there at the same time?

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Something else to think about 

CLAIM: A video taken on Baltimore’s Francis Scott Key Bridge shows a large explosion that occurred before the structure fell into the water below.

AP’S ASSESSMENT: False. The video circulated online in 2022, identified as showing security footage of an explosion that caused the partial collapse of the Kerch Bridge, which links the Crimean Peninsula with Russia. It was shared at the time on Russian Telegram channels and by major media outlets.

THE FACTS: After a container ship lost power and rammed into the Key Bridge causing it to collapse early Tuesday, social media users shared the old video, falsely representing it as footage from the bridge before it fell into the Patapsco River.

The 15-second clip shows vehicles driving over an arching bridge lit up at night. An enormous fireball then suddenly engulfs the structure.

“Alternate angle on Francis Scott Key bridge shows a large explosion,” reads one tweet that had received approximately 7,500 likes and 3,800 shares as of Tuesday afternoon.

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

37 minutes ago, MyLadiesDaddy said:

I was stationed at KMCAS 1st Battalion 3rd Marines from 1983 to 1987. What do you think, is it possible we were there at the same time?

I was on the USS Goldsbourogh (DDG-20), homeported at Pearl from 83-84, then spent the rest of my time at Sub Base until I was discharged in '85.  Came back home to San Antonio, in May '85, and December 31, 1985, I took a MAC Flight back to Hickam, and stayed in Honolulu (Hotel St Mainly) until '89.  If you ever went to Hotel Street, you probably ran into me. :lol: I had several Jar Head friends that would hit the bars, where I hung out.

37 minutes ago, MyLadiesDaddy said:

However,  it's reported that the state police were notified of the issue with the ship 5 minutes before it hit the bridge. As a 31 year veteran of the hywy I can assure you that you have a better chance of winning a billion dollar jackpot in the lottery than getting the state police on scene blocking  BOTH sides of the bridge in less than 10 minutes. 

And let's just ask ourselves about the proverbial elephant 🐘 in the room. Who the heck made the video? Around 1:30am and some lonely old guy just said, "gee let's go and video the bridge in 30 degree weather". 

Yeah, sorry but I'm not buying that crap ever.

Big ships like this one, always have a Harbor Pilot on board the ship, that is in charge of Piloting the ship out of the Harbor.  The Harbor Pilot work for the Harbor, and are familiar with the water, currents, harbor bottom, so they navigate the ship for the Captain.   I found an article, that speaks of the Harbor Pilot sounding the warning.  I believe they carry hand held radios which may have been how the warning was transmitted to shore personnel.  

That article also stated the Black Smoke was from the Emergency Generators.

Pilot on board the Dali tried to slow ship before it struck Key Bridge

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, MyLadiesDaddy said:

Who the heck made the video?

That my friend is the burr in my saddle. The first thing I thought when they showed the video on TV, was who the hell was videoing the bridge that long before the ship hit it and at 1:30 AM??? And why?? Coincidence? Maybe, BUUUUTTT!!!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Pow! 3

7 hours ago, nstoolman1 said:

social media users shared the old video, falsely representing it as footage from the bridge before it fell into the Patapsco River.

First rule of a false flag, drown the social media sewer with bogus and false information. 

And why did the Whitehouse say less than 12 hours later that it would pay for the bridge. 

But my BIGGEST problem is what will be the fallout from this event. 

The 695 interstate is not only a MAJOR thoroughfare north and south but the collapse of that bridge effectively blocks off one of our most busiest ports indefinitely. 

The logistics nightmare is an invading commanders wet dream. 

So when you consider that it's clear to practically everyone the current administration is doing everything it can to Destroy America with its invading army. It only seems prudent to keep an open mind. 

But the real tragedy is, I remember decades ago when an oil tanker struck the Skyway bridge in Tampa Florida. It NEVER occurred to anyone that the Government could do something like that on purpose. 

Why is that a tragedy? Think of what brought us here. 

7 hours ago, Markinsa said:

I was on the USS Goldsbourogh (DDG-20), homeported at Pearl from 83-84, then spent the rest of my time at Sub Base until I was discharged in '85.  Came back home to San Antonio, in May '85, and December 31, 1985, I took a MAC Flight back to Hickam, and stayed in Honolulu (Hotel St Mainly) until '89.  If you ever went to Hotel Street, you probably ran into me. :lol: I had several Jar Head friends that would hit the bars, where I hung out.

Big ships like this one, always have a Harbor Pilot on board the ship, that is in charge of Piloting the ship out of the Harbor.  The Harbor Pilot work for the Harbor, and are familiar with the water, currents, harbor bottom, so they navigate the ship for the Captain.   I found an article, that speaks of the Harbor Pilot sounding the warning.  I believe they carry hand held radios which may have been how the warning was transmitted to shore personnel.  

That article also stated the Black Smoke was from the Emergency Generators.

Pilot on board the Dali tried to slow ship before it struck Key Bridge

Exact same time. COOL 😎 

And highly possible that we ran into each other. Especially on the weekends. I lived for Waikiki Beach. 

But my favorite hotel was the Hyatt Regency. Spent many hours dancing like a fool in their disco club called Spats. GOOD MEMORIES. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Pow! 1

Captain and Crew of DALI Cargo Ship Were Taken to Walmart Before Ship Crashed into Key Bridge

The Baltimore Sun reported the captain and the crew of the DALI cargo ship that crashed into the Francis Scott Key bridge were taken to a local Walmart to shop before their departure on early Tuesday morning.

The Apostleship of the Sea Director, Andrew Middleton, told the press he took the DALI captain and crew members to shop at a local Walmart over the weekend.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2024/03/captain-crew-dali-cargo-ship-were-taken-walmart/

• Upvote 1

On 3/26/2024 at 7:17 PM, Markinsa said:

Back in the mid 80's, I worked on a small navy research ship, out of Kaneohe, HI MCAS, that had turbine engines and hydraulics for propulsion and diesel generators for electricity and hydraulics to manage the rudders, flaps and kinards.  I worked on there as an electrician, and when out at sea, I would stand watch on the bridge monitoring the turbines and the generators.

One evening, I was standing watch and we were pulling into Honolulu Harbor, almost to the entrance, when all of a sudden we lost power to the ship.  We lost hydraulics and our rudders locked to port which was causing us to head to port towards the rocky entrance.  Fortunately, it wasn't very far to the engine room from the bridge, and on my way back to the engine room, another crew member (There was 5-6 crew members) was walking calmly from the engine room towards the bridge.  This guy was supposed to periodically check the generators and the turbines as part of his watch station.  

SSP Kaimolino

ssp kaimalino.jpg

When I arrived in the engine room, I went to the switchboard that controlled the generators, and someone had turned the diesel generator that was running off!  Which caused the loss of power.  Thankfully, the diesels start up on a dime, so I was able to restore power quickly and every thing started working and we made it into the harbor safely.

Kinda hard to tell, what actually happened in Baltimore.  When they lost power the first time, their emergency generators probably started automatically.  The second loss of power, could have been procedural error operating the generators, perhaps the primary generators restarted and they screwed up the synchronizing of the generators???  It will be interesting to find out what happened.

I agree with the generator start and potential phasing issues.

Initial thoughts on the multiple flashes..it is possible they have power supplied from both shores, which would account for two flashes.

The problem with the others is once there is a dead short condition the power supply overcurrent device will trip, eliminating the power.

You know they had shunt breakers before the 70's, although most were not correctly coordinated, that wouldn't have any bearing on this event.

Ground fault protection came out in first code in 1976, I'm sure the system was updated a couple times since built.

Giving the benefit of doubt to circuits supplied by multiple feeds, with one mile plus of structure you'll have at least 20 circuits between 24 volts to 480 volts, for general lighting, sign lighting, street lighting, data signal, aircraft lights/strobes, walkway lights, and a multitude of sensors and fire fighting appliances.

Once the conductors are pulled apart at the junctions I don't believe the capacitive inductance would be great enough to create the successive flashes.

It is very possible that several fixtures were emergency rated with battery or capacitor stored energy, but you wouldn't get that backfed into the supply lines.

Static discharge in this application would not be present due to the existing bonding of the structure.

This is all total conjecture, as I obviously have no inside info on the wiring system.

There may be a perfectly plausible explanation for five or six large arc flash discharges due to redundant systems, but I would need to see the schematics to erase the doubts that video creates.

I didn't know you were a Sparky.. me too. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

9 hours ago, divemaster5734 said:

I agree with the generator start and potential phasing issues.

Initial thoughts on the multiple flashes..it is possible they have power supplied from both shores, which would account for two flashes.

The problem with the others is once there is a dead short condition the power supply overcurrent device will trip, eliminating the power.

You know they had shunt breakers before the 70's, although most were not correctly coordinated, that wouldn't have any bearing on this event.

Ground fault protection came out in first code in 1976, I'm sure the system was updated a couple times since built.

Giving the benefit of doubt to circuits supplied by multiple feeds, with one mile plus of structure you'll have at least 20 circuits between 24 volts to 480 volts, for general lighting, sign lighting, street lighting, data signal, aircraft lights/strobes, walkway lights, and a multitude of sensors and fire fighting appliances.

Once the conductors are pulled apart at the junctions I don't believe the capacitive inductance would be great enough to create the successive flashes.

It is very possible that several fixtures were emergency rated with battery or capacitor stored energy, but you wouldn't get that backfed into the supply lines.

Static discharge in this application would not be present due to the existing bonding of the structure.

This is all total conjecture, as I obviously have no inside info on the wiring system.

There may be a perfectly plausible explanation for five or six large arc flash discharges due to redundant systems, but I would need to see the schematics to erase the doubts that video creates.

I found the below on Wikepdia

Dali is propelled by a single low-speed two-stroke crosshead diesel engine coupled to a fixed-pitch propeller. Her main engine, a 9-cylinder MAN-B&W 9S90ME-C9.2[11] unit manufactured by Hyundai Heavy Industries under license, is rated 41,480 kW (55,630 hp) at 82.5 rpm.[2] Her service speed is 22 knots (41 km/h; 25 mph).[5] For maneuvering in ports, Dali has a single 3,000 kW (4,000 hp) bow thruster. Electricity is generated onboard by two 3,840 kW (5,150 hp) and two 4,400 kW (5,900 hp) auxiliary diesel generators.[4]

The ship has a diesel engine for propulsion, and 4 diesel generators and they couldn't keep any of them running? 

My experience is limited to steam powered turbines and diesel generators.  I don't know how the above is all interconnected, unless it was some sort of fuel issue.  In the previous incident this ship had, they mentioned a Fuel Gauge issue.

The Dali was previously involved in a separate mishap. In 2016, it scraped its hull against a quay in Antwerp, an incident that was attributed to a pilot error.

On Wednesday, Singapore's maritime officials said the Dali had passed previous port inspections and that the June incident was "a faulty monitor gauge for fuel pressure," which was fixed before the ship left port.

https://www.businessinsider.com/dali-problem-propulsion-months-crashing-baltimore-bridge-francis-scott-2024-3?op=1

9 hours ago, divemaster5734 said:

I didn't know you were a Sparky.. me too. 

Yep, EM2, was in '80-'85.  I was on the USS Lockwood (FF-1064), Home Port Yokosuka, Japan and the USS Goldsborough (DDG-20), I mentioned in an earlier post.  My last electrical job was in '89. I'm an accountant now, believe it or not. :)

My bbf I joined the Navy with, was an EM too, he became a Navy Diver, after we got separated for duty.  Still has his helmet, actually, he was down in FL a few months ago and had another friend, that got him suited up in the dive suit and back in the water one last time. :lol:  I don't know if we have ever discussed this before.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, md11fr8dawg said:

Is Walmart to blame for the catastrophe?  

I find it interesting the captain and his crew were off the ship for a time prior to departure

And,

the captain of the ship was from Ukraine...

image.thumb.png.ad4b1279445e393ac6e13da49d957c08.png

• Upvote 1
  • Pow! 1

10 hours ago, Markinsa said:

I found the below on Wikepdia

The ship has a diesel engine for propulsion, and 4 diesel generators and they couldn't keep any of them running? 

My experience is limited to steam powered turbines and diesel generators.  I don't know how the above is all interconnected, unless it was some sort of fuel issue.  In the previous incident this ship had, they mentioned a Fuel Gauge issue.

Yep, EM2, was in '80-'85.  I was on the USS Lockwood (FF-1064), Home Port Yokosuka, Japan and the USS Goldsborough (DDG-20), I mentioned in an earlier post.  My last electrical job was in '89. I'm an accountant now, believe it or not. :)

My bbf I joined the Navy with, was an EM too, he became a Navy Diver, after we got separated for duty.  Still has his helmet, actually, he was down in FL a few months ago and had another friend, that got him suited up in the dive suit and back in the water one last time. :lol:  I don't know if we have ever discussed this before.

The only real difference today is the generators feed some massive full wave bridge rectifiers that supply DC to motors that drive the screws.

It's similar for cargo cranes, (that I worked on), and trains.

The above system had redundant power supplies, possibly double redundant critical systems, like aircraft hydraulics.

The obvious pinch points are the ATS.

From this "armchair" it's looking more like a software communication issue.

I can't imagine the ship would attempt to self power out of port without at least one backup generator already running, only leaving a single switch to activate a transfer switch.

It's mindbogglingly stupid and reckless to attempt those maneuvers any other way.

I'm guessing they didn't use tugs due to the relatively narrow passage, which only amplifies the requirement for alternative power to be at the immediate ready. 

Hmm, that nifty shopping trip to Walmart could have left the ship nearly empty, plenty of time for someone to insert a thumb drive with a virus.

Things are starting to stack up to a conclusion my mind is refusing to accept.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1