Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Former VP Mike Pence explains refusal to endorse Trump's re-election bid

2024-03-17 15:31
Font

Shafaq News / Former Vice President Mike Pence justified his decision not to support former President Donald Trump's re-election campaign on Sunday, citing Trump's actions during the January 6, 2021, Capitol riot and his departure from conservative principles.

Pence, who served as Trump's vice president before Trump's defeat in the 2020 elections to Joe Biden, announced two days ago that he would not endorse Trump for a second presidential term, stating in an interview with Fox News: "It should not come as a surprise that I will not support Donald Trump this year."

On Sunday, Pence said in an interview on the "Face the Nation" program on CBS News, "The reason I can not support Donald Trump's reelection bid this year also relates to his abandonment not only of upholding faith in the Constitution on that day (Capitol riot) but also committing to fiscal responsibility, sanctity of life, and American leadership in the world."

The former Republican vice president added that Trump's stance on banning TikTok was "the reason that, after much thought, I have just concluded that I cannot support the agenda he is pushing."

Former President Trump had announced his rejection of efforts to ban the Chinese app in the United States, despite his administration's efforts in that direction.

A rift developed between the two men after Trump pressured Pence to assist him following his defeat in the 2020 elections to Biden, repeatedly attacking him on social media when he refused.

Pence's statements come days after Trump secured enough delegate votes to ****** the Republican Party's nomination card for the presidential elections, where he will face President Biden in November.

https://shafaq.com/en/World/Former-VP-Mike-Pence-explains-refusal-to-endorse-Trump-s-re-election-bid

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

@steveh12

Maybe explain your disdain with the appropriate posts above?

I, for one, am puzzled by your response.

Perhaps you selected the wrong vote on your cell phone?

I can do that while the voting allows for changing the vote to the appropriate vote.

(hint)

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Longtimelurker said:

He received a coin directly afterwards.

Judas in the Bible received coins after his betrayal 

Biblical!

And then hung himself from guilt as his innards exploded.  No such remorse for this thing

• Upvote 1
  • Pow! 2