Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Tuesday Late Night Opinions - 11:55 PM CDT - 1/30/2024

ronscarpa

REMEMBER, no one really  knows what will happen, or when. They're simply stating their opinions based on what they perceive to be happening in Iraq... So, take everything with a grain of salt ... :twothumbs: RON 

Clare  Article: "The US Treasury includes an Iraqi bank on the sanctions listQuote: “On Monday, the US Treasury Department included the Iraqi Al-Huda Bank on the sanctions list, as a source of major concern regarding money laundering because it “acts as a channel for financing terrorism by Iran.

MarkZ  Article: Burhan Nassir Mohammed Al Namral sworn in as Iraq’s new Parliament speaker” This one is important. It has been rumored in some circles for a few months that he was a stickler for moving forward with the white papers and rate change. I’m taking this as a good sign.:twothumbs:

Samson  Article: "Senior US Treasury official travels to Iraq to counter illicit finance"

Fnu Lnu  They do not have a massive amount of Dinar with which to deal. Small incremental increases of value over time will guarantee failure and all the many billions of dollars spent, and man-hours wasted will for naught. It is more likely they will come out high on the exchange rate and let it fall until it finds equilibrium instead of creeping upwards in 2% measures every 90 days over decades.  Meanwhile everyone loses faith in the GOI, riots, and starves to death. Small increments over time makes absolutely no sense and is illogical.

Frank26   [Georgia Bank Story] BANK VISITOR: Today I went to a bank called Truist in Georgia...I asked [the financial advisor] you mind if I get a minute...I'd like to ask you a few questions?  She said Yeah...I said I've been banking with this bank a long time...Have you heard of the Iraqi dinar?  She got quiet...She said, well I know there are things happening in Iraq...yes...I can't really tell you anything but if you want to ask me some question I'll be more than happy to answer... FRANK: Bingo! BANK VISITOR: ...Are you guys going to be exchanging the Iraq dinarShe said, well we will not be exchanging the Iraqi dinar but we will take it and send it off for you to have it exchanged. [Post 1 of 2]

Frank26  [Georgia Bank Story cont.] BANK VISITOR: I said, I don't know I want that to happen without knowing who that might be and she said, I can't tell you, but I can answer your questions. I said, well is Chase Bank part of thatShe said, yes. I said, What about Bank of America...? She said yes... FRANK: The answers she's given you IMO are spot on. Did you ask her if they're going to have a fee to exchangeBANK VISITOR:Yeah...I said, if I was to exchange here what is the fee you would charge me...? She said...from my understanding there will not be a fee for people especially of a certain caliber. FRANK: Bingo! BANK VISITOR: She said, but we can discuss that more at an appropriate time...probably not too far in the future. [Post 2 of 2]

Pimpy  Guru Nader question:People are going to lose money if they change the 25000 for 25…If…I get 25 dinars that means I’m gonna go to the bank, if it go 3 to 1 that mean I’m gonna have only $75?”  I told everybody that is  a possibility.  Doesn’t mean it’s gonna happen but I’m saying this is what people should at least be prepared for…There’s a possibility they delete the zeros and then change the exchange rate.

:tiphat:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, ronscarpa said:

Pimpy  Guru Nader question:People are going to lose money if they change the 25000 for 25…If…I get 25 dinars that means I’m gonna go to the bank, if it go 3 to 1 that mean I’m gonna have only $75?” 

For example, If that's the case, I better take from 5 cents to a dime and run and never look back forever.

Pimpy  Guru Nader question: People are going to lose money if they change the 25000 for 25…If…I get 25 dinars that means I’m gonna go to the bank, if it go 3 to 1 that mean I’m gonna have only $75?”  I told everybody that is  a possibility.  Doesn’t mean it’s gonna happen but I’m saying this is what people should at least be prepared for…There’s a possibility they delete the zeros and then change the exchange rate.

No Pimpy, no.

There will not be a LOP.

'The 'Project To Delete The Zeros' means the zeros will be lifted off of the ER & not the currency.

• Upvote 1
  • Pow! 1

There is no benefit to them or us if they were to lop the currency. If they would play ball they could be a nation on par with Abu Dhabi  and Saudi Arabia.  But they get in there own way... play with Iran and corruption will always be a problem..  Corruption is a normal part of life to these goons. They do the bidding of Iran more than anything. As trump said..... " biggest bunch of crooks he has never met". 

• Upvote 3

Pimpy  Guru Nader question: People are going to lose money if they change the 25000 for 25…If…I get 25 dinars that means I’m gonna go to the bank, if it go 3 to 1 that mean I’m gonna have only $75?”  I told everybody that is  a possibility.  Doesn’t mean it’s gonna happen but I’m saying this is what people should at least be prepared for…There’s a possibility they delete the zeros and then change the exchange rate.

This Lop Talk is really getting tiring.   If Iraq really wants to do this, they could have done it a long time ago.  They have had the lower denom's done for years.  I think they are holding the lower denom's waiting for the rate change, so the people can exchange whatever currency they have saved, and then use the lower notes.   That makes more sense to me.  :shrug:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, BETTYBOOP said:

@NWGUY... Agreed. The fils have also been done for years. There no point to the lower notes and fils until they change the rate. This would mean the release of these notes and coins would need to come pretty much at the same time for it to work

It is great when great minds think alike!   Well at least your great mind...mine is struggling!  :drunk:

• Haha 3