Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

21 hours ago, nstoolman1 said:

Most husbands have developed that technique.  :D

Sorry, I had too. 

:lmao:   :lmao:   :lmao:

Genesis 3:17 New International Version (NIV)

17 To Adam he said, “Because you listened to your wife and ate fruit from the tree about which I commanded you, ‘You must not eat from it,’

Sorry, I had to.

:lmao:   :lmao:   :lmao:

Edited by Synopsis

2 hours ago, Synopsis said:

Depends.

Early identification and appropriate action is essential to avoiding unnecessary outcomes. Accurate labels are good so right actions can be taken.

Unfortunately, the destructive sociological and psychological philosophies were put into hyperdrive in the 1950's and beyond and focused on youth development. Amazing the devastating impact that has had on people that shows up in various forms today. I, as anyone, is not totally immune whereas there is a whole spectrum to total embracing.

Labels are now a sin. So, I enjoy being a sinner in this respect. Health and integrity depends on labels. Lack of confrontation promotes compromise and ultimate dismantlement of wherewithal where no future hope of well being individually and socially can be realized.

Previous history and noting the premise for actions and events is valuable knowledge for key understanding with tractable principles as a foundation for wisdom.

I've seen the left over time gain traction due to lack of addressing the key roots of their behaviors. I've seen this since the 1970's.

I'm not going say go view this or even agree with it's content whereas I am floored at how relevant this 1964 message is that is contemporary at that time and even today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXBswFfh6AY

The Left really should fear Ronald Reagan and those that believe in what he said in the above video.

Once an individual knows the game plan of the opponent and what the opponent is after then it is, "my way or the highway" since the highway I am on is the one already laid out in the four (4) Textual Cornerstones.

I would encourage anyone to challenge one (1) or all four (4) of the Textual Cornerstones.

Good Luck.

So no we see more clearly why I really don't care what people think.

Or, I would so hope.

I can appreciate that.

For me, seeing history and the repeat thereof, I am more alarmed and confrontational.

No amount of open mindedness can dismiss the four (4) Textual Cornerstones so the four (4) Textual Cornerstones are an overwhelming arsenal for, well, I'll avoid necessary labels here.

Yes, the other side needs a kick in their hide. Wake them up. Let them know they will not prevail.

Ecological stewardship was given to mankind as a primary responsibility.

Genesis 2:15 New International Version (NIV)

15 The Lord God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it.

Genesis 3:17-18 New International Version (NIV)

17 To Adam he said, “Because you listened to your wife and ate fruit from the tree about which I commanded you, ‘You must not eat from it,’

“Cursed is the ground because of you;
    through painful toil you will eat food from it
    all the days of your life.
18 It will produce thorns and thistles for you,
    and you will eat the plants of the field.

Isaiah 45:18 New International Version (NIV)

18 For this is what the Lord says—
he who created the heavens,
    he is God;
he who fashioned and made the earth,
    he founded it;
he did not create it to be empty,
    but formed it to be inhabited—
he says:
“I am the Lord,
    and there is no other.

No Mother Earth, cf course.

So, stewardship is essential.

The quicker waste is put across a flame, the better the environmental impact.

Due to my profession, I have to present options and so realized the above statement as the cheapest and most beneficial.

Waste to energy is the way to go.

Plastics, waste paper, you name it, put it a across a flame and make energy. Sure maybe syngas for turbines with with heat recovery steam generators on the back side for steam production for steam turbines.

Recycle of metals is also a very necessary industrial application. Melt it down and reuse it. Electric arc furnaces are great and can use the electricity generated from the stationary waste fuel plants noted above.

The CO2 hoax is just that, a hoax.

The environment absorbs the CO2 at a basic level. I heard 70% of the CO2 is absorbed by the sea and fosters O2 generation. For what? Microscopic organisms at the bottom of the sea food chain. Not the physical bottom but the biological bottom of the food chain.

So, yes, I am a fan of waste to energy across a flame. The stationary plants can apply the appropriate pollution scrubbing devices for clean emissions.

See above.

Easier than anyone can imagine.

Plastic, paper waste for energy.

LET"S GO!!!

Clean up the ocean floating masses of waste and burn all the stuff now dumped at sea to end up at the bottom of the ocean.

Good for the environment.

Good for the economy.

Just need to get rid of the the environmentalists and have an ecologically symbiotic relationship of industry with the environment.

Common sense and capital can achieve this. No need for government to get involved.

Nah, you are self declared.

Forget the labels.

Let me ask you this.

If you were on the battlefield and compromised, would I risk my life for you?

Do you even need to ask that question?

I don't care about the bad guys. The bad guys need to care about me.

Would happen then.

Happens now.

I am not going to compromise on the four (4) textual cornerstones now to compromise my ability to support system" rel="">support you or any True The United States Of America Patriot later.

Shoot me in the head.

I don't care.

I would enjoy trenching the bad guys as viewed in the scope.

This must have taken you hours to research and put together the text and quotes....

You are probably much smarter than you give yourself credit for being.....yet not nearly as smart as you want us all to believe you are.....

You are all over the map.....and may seriously need some help.....!

Wish you well.....pretty busy week ahead for me.....so my exchanges with you are over for now....

CL

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, coorslite21 said:

This must have taken you hours to research and put together the text and quotes....

You are probably much smarter than you give yourself credit for being.....yet not nearly as smart as you want us all to believe you are.....

You are all over the map.....and may seriously need some help.....!

Wish you well.....pretty busy week ahead for me.....so my exchanges with you are over for now....

CL

Honesty?

Less than half an hour with a few other minor things going on.

Smart is not a value for me.

I already self declared as the Village Idiot.

What I care about is what is truthful and right, peaceable and enduring, tractable and supportable.

Maybe not as all over the map as initially experienced.

Futuristic and outcome oriented.

Trust Your week is productive.

• Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...

No need for any of the "haters" to comment negatively.....if you don't care for her politics.....don't read it.....

IMO a good summary on how the entire system is broken...

CL

Peace and Pandemic: a new game brought to US by Tulsi Gabbard & COVID-19

M L D
Apr 12 · 19 min read

Just before the world went into COVID-19 lockdown, my teenage son and I went to see Sam Mendes’ first world war drama 1917. After two hours in the hell of war, we exited the theater in silence. Driving home, we continued to process our time in the trenches with the two young British soldiers.

“War is fucked up, Mom,” said my son, breaking the silence.

I nodded.

“But how would you feel if I enlisted to go to war in Iran- you know, so I could have an adventure and test my manhood?” He grinned.

“I’d feel I failed,” I said, smiling and serious.

Recently I read the U.S. has been at peace for less than 20 years since 1776. I want this to be wrong, but it sounds about right. Americans say we don’t want war, yet we ask for it even when unprovoked. Americans accept war when clearly, it’s not in our best interest. Those who argue they don’t accept war also tend not to notice when our conflicts begin and end. If they end.

Earlier in the Democratic primary, there was refreshing focus on U.S. war habits thanks to Hawaii Rep. Tulsi Gabbard, the first female combat war veteran to run for president. In the first half of 2019, Gabbard brought U.S. foreign policy and how it impacts our domestic policy to the national conversation. Voters across the country were offered insight about the cost of war from an Army veteran who served in Iraq and Afghanistan, who also served on the committees for Homeland Security, Armed Services, Foreign Affairs and Financial Services and on sub-committees for Border and Maritime Security, Readiness, Emerging Threats and Capabilities, Asia and the Pacific, Middle East and North Africa, and National Security during her eight years in congress.

Gabbard’s voice against regime change wars and corruption was notable in the June, July, October and November 2019 debates. Her message was lost when the arbitrary qualifying rules and erratic rule changes of the DNC resulted in Gabbard’s exclusion from several debates, including the final two debates for which she qualified. Gabbard’s participation in debates ensured a range of issues were addressed. Her absence brought a noticeable departure from discussion of U.S. foreign policy in the primary.

One month after the last debate, not only is Gabbard gone, but the primary election itself has vanished.

Today all attention is turned to war with a new enemy: the novel corona-virus. At this writing, the United States has over 500,000 infected individuals- over three times the number of cases in Spain, nearly one third of all reported cases in the world. Like many others, our country is experiencing loss of lives and economic catastrophe. April 1, 2020, in a COVID-19 press conference, Trump announced U.S. military actions against Venezuela. The U.S. Navy was sent to Venezuela to confront what we’re told is a drug cartel threat. In Venezuela, Trump’s offer of a $15 million reward for the arrest of their elected president is considered more about U.S. designs on Venezuela’s vast oil reserves and less about drug cartel concerns. Venezuelans point out most South American drug exports leave from Colombia, not Venezuela. Colombia is a staunch U.S. ally, which suggests our Navy might be better utilized in Colombia if the objective is to thwart a drug cartel problem. With all eyes on the COVID-19 crisis, our actions in South America are left unquestioned, though it’s unclear why this mission is a priority in the middle of a global pandemic.

Acts of aggression are touted while those who call for peace are portrayed as villains, kooks or anti-American (Russian assets.) Flawed association is at play. The American identity is steeped in war- we confuse an acceptance of aggression as patriotism. The person who stands against war is considered anti-military and anti-American, but to be anti-war doesn’t make a person unpatriotic, in the same way that hatred for the military doesn’t make a person an advocate of peace.

The pro-peace, pro-diplomacy candidacy of Army Major Gabbard called for cooperation over conflict, refuting the idea that unconditional support of all military action is required to be a patriot. Gabbard’s demand that our service men and women be deployed for honorable, clearly defined objectives is a revival of the patriotism of the Greatest Generation, a patriotism that connects love of country to love for humanity.

Americans like to see ourselves as a nation disembarking on the beaches of Normandy to save Europe from the clutches of fascism. Conditioned to believe we’re a force for good in the world, we don’t dwell on our actions since WWII.

Trump dropped the pretense. He doesn’t ask us to pretend that right action is what makes us great. He tells us our greatness is measured by our profit margin. He’s a lie who sometimes tells the truth.

“Mom, did you hear Trump said our troops are staying in Syria to guard the oil? Trump was like ‘We’re taking the oil!’” my son said, referring to Trump’s interview with FOX’s Laura Ingraham last January.

“Yeah, I saw that. I guess we gave up on spreading our democracy,” I replied.

“I think we gave away all our democracy,” said my son. “We’ll probably have to go to war to get it back.”

While Americans like to believe other nations need our military presence, Gabbard reminds us that to be a force for good, we must actually do good.

COVID-19 demonstrates the urgent need today for a highly developed capacity to work with others to resolve serious world issues. The ever-increasing global challenges leave no space for destructive war games. We put faith in the promises of politicians who tell us they’ll make our lives better. Both Obama and Trump were elected on promises to change our endless war pattern and to bring our troops home. They each vowed to focus attention on issues in America.

By the end of Obama’s second term, the US was bombing seven countries with no declaration of war. Americans barely blinked at the bombing, but Obamacare opened eyes. We notice things that impact us personally. Though the lives of many low-income families improved with the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) the burden of the program fell disproportionately on middle class families. Disappointed and angry at Obama, many Americans switched their allegiance to Donald Trump when he promised to end wars, bring our military home and dismantle Obamacare.

After four years of Trump, we aren’t closer to peace with the world or each other and prosperity eludes many Americans. Prior to the pandemic, Trump boasted the economy was booming, despite the fact that real wages are lower today than in 1973, 80% of Americans live paycheck to paycheck, 140 million Americans are either poor or low-income and half of older Americans have no retirement savings.

One month into COVID-19, we understand most Americans can’t survive even one month of missed wages. The myth of a booming American economy is busted, but the pandemic takes the blame for the pre-existing conditions of our economy.

It’s breathtaking to watch where this leads us. Heroes and charlatans are blurred in the crisis.

Last week, the Trump administration announced that doctors and hospitals can use federal aid to cover costs of treatment for uninsured people who suffer from COVID-19. This policy suggests that rather than dismantling the subsidized ACA program, Trump may be transforming Obamacare to Medicare For All- at least for the victims of the virus. This is a Bernie Sanders dream and a GOP nightmare, but it’s hard to hold party lines when battling an invisible enemy. The novel corona-virus is exposing and exasperating urgent problems of the American society in an election year. Temporary action is taken to help people make it to the November polls.

Meanwhile, we continue air raids, enforce sanctions, assassinate military commanders, place bounties on elected leaders and send U.S. Navy ships to provoke countries as people everywhere suffer in this time of pandemic.

In the cafeteria of the high school where I teach, military recruiters move table to table, talking to kids about the benefits of a career in the Armed Services. Under the No Child Left Behind Act of 2001, public high schools that accept federal funds must give recruiters the same access to students as employers and colleges, so recruiters at lunch speak to our kids about tapping into opportunities for education, healthcare, travel, the respect that comes with honorable service and yes- the adventure.

Most of my students were born in the early stages of the war in Iraq. Now they are eligible to fight. With the arrival of the novel corona-virus, my classes have moved online. Military recruitment continues online as well. Whether in person or online, one hopes the recruiters tell the truth- that service is noble, the military offers opportunities for personal development, and going to war is a real possibility when you enlist.

According to the Cost of War project at Brown University, American taxpayers are spending 32 million every hour to pay for the total cost of war since 9/11. Instead of ending it, Trump joins the lucrative war game- sending our Navy to Venezuela, offering a reward for an elected leader’s arrest, ramping up tensions with harsh sanctions and air strikes during a global pandemic. The role assigned to the rest of us is to stay home and stay divided. The media and president encourage us to war with each other over here as we position ourselves to plunder over there. At the end of a day of struggle to stay alive, worry for our children and hate for the other half of the country, there’s not much left of us to notice how the profits of war aren’t helping our lives.

The US maintains 800 military bases in 70 or more countries. Our troops loom on the coasts and at the borders of other nations instead of our country participating in economic, institutional and cultural engagement- also known as diplomacy. A revival of our commitment to diplomacy would be infinitely less costly to taxpayers and save the lives of our service members and civilians worldwide. In one term, Trump decimated seven decades of US diplomatic power. This is a problem. The soft power of diplomacy is more in alignment with the trending need for cooperation.

And what are Democrats doing? In the past year, the Democratic establishment spent its energy killing its good-but-hard-to-control candidates and orchestrating an elaborate illusion of an election primary, its remaining energy devoted to hatred of Trump. Just as in 2016, Democrats fail to explain what they are offering Americans, refuse to examine the party’s own flaws and ignore why Trump appeals to many Americans. Not being Trump is not a winning strategy. To ignore Trump’s strengths is a mistake.

The value of Trump is not that he changed our course as he promised. He didn’t. The value of Trump is unlike others, he doesn’t bother to hide the American agenda. Trump’s Tweets, FOX interviews, rallies and now COVID-19 press conferences give us painful transparency and force us to look at ourselves in ways we’d rather not. Half the country applauds the bombastic showman because from time to time he accidentally manages to be more honest than the Washington D.C. establishment.

Like him or loath him, Trump’s election indicates the old game and the old narratives aren’t the only option. Trump bullied his way to the table in 2016. The status quo didn’t want him to play, but he forced his hand. Supporters believed Trump was a game-changer- that he’d drain the government swamp and bring great changes to benefit Americans. He changed the players, but not the game, Trump simply added an expansion pack to the old one.

Trump is a charismatic opportunist who watched key government players for years and figured out that the rules aren’t followed by either side. Because an overwhelming number of political players cheat, Trump goes unchecked. Trump gambled no one would risk personal exposure to get in his way. So far, he’s been right. He’s winning because the establishment always wins- he wove his way into it. Trump mastered the rotten game and it angers Democrats.

1*lRZPqavMbIGQdceX5Yscyw.jpeg?q=20
Impeach him! But not for anything we also do…

Last December, Gabbard understood the senate wouldn’t vote to impeach the president. She warned Democrats a failed impeachment would increase support for Trump and deepen the national divide. Gabbard voted “present” on impeachment and called for censure (H. Res 771) of Trump, a strategy that would have actually held Trump accountable for wrongdoing. She was attacked and mocked for her position, but she was right. The impeachment fell apart and Trumps’s approval rating soared. The impeachment is now used as an excuse for Trump’s failure to address COVID-19 more quickly. The censure legislation remains ignored.

Throughout the primary, Gabbard has been a legitimate voice calling out Trump, but the fact-based criticisms were not recognized amid cries of Russian collusion and fixation on the cherry-picked impeachment.

March 1, 2020, Gabbard asks Trump to focus on the threat of COVID-19.

Democrats don’t appear interested in resolving systemic problems any more than Republicans do. Simultaneous with impeachment hearings last December, Democrats and Republicans unified to pass a 738-billion-dollar defense budget, funding Trump’s wall and giving him renewed surveillance power. Gabbard voted no on the increased defense budget. Gabbard has the distinction of being the only candidate who voted against all of Trump’s defense authorization bills and military budgets. She also voted no on Obama’s last defense spending budget in 2016.

Gabbard held a giant mirror to America and we didn’t like it. This made her an easy target for the corrupt forces she threatened. People love to hate the bearer of hard truth. When the truth-teller brings a message of peace and love, the record shows we crucify him and spend history lamenting our loss rather than support the messenger and follow the example we’re given.

Now COVID-19 holds the mirror. Americans can turn away from what’s reflected, but our future depends on our ability to see ourselves. The United States isn’t the force for good we want to believe we are. We aren’t the sole cause of the world’s problems, but our consumption and warmongering contribute to the very issues that threaten our existence. From California to Australia, from China to Italy, from South America to the Middle East, events show us our illusions about ourselves are no longer sustainable. The world is on fire. Whole populations are displaced because of war and climate catastrophe. People are afloat on a rising ocean with no home in front of them or behind. Families are separated. Children are caged. We’re infected and confined.

We’re a nation of good people conditioned for war and convinced our well-being is reflected by a healthy stock market and economy. We leave out of the wellness equation our increased problems of addiction, homelessness, mass shootings, mental illness, poverty and suicide. The president told us the economy was booming and that America is great again. We weren’t convinced, but we didn’t ask too many questions. We wanted to believe. We were distracted.

With COVID-19, there’s an opportunity to focus, to understand ourselves differently. The pandemic is giving us the chance to awaken to the discrepancies between who we think we are and what we do.

In 2016, Trump forced his way to the ballot by calling out the hypocrisy and corruption of both parties. He was belligerent and belittling. Those who supported him pointed to his “refreshing honesty.” Trump tells us plainly he’s sanctioning, assassinating and bombing for oil and many prefer to elect this rather than someone who claims to do good things while bombing and drone-striking the world.

A number of Americans held their nose in the voting booth in 2016- if they bothered to vote at all. Some who voted for Clinton understood her record was pro-war but held their noses to vote for her because Trump’s total lack of experience or service to others of any kind and his history of wrong action towards women and minorities meant he wasn’t an option. Others voted for Clinton because it was “her time” or because they wanted a woman- any woman- in the White House. Some voted eagerly for Clinton, aware of the good actions of her long career, but unaware of Clinton’s record of corruption and her consistent support of regime change wars.

A great number of people felt Bernie Sanders was the better candidate in 2016. Sanders might have won the general election against Trump if given the chance. The economy appeared stable under the Democrats, Sanders’ record was reliably anti-war and pro-worker, the balance of powers and the judicial system could reassure conservative Americans that Sanders’ “wild ideas” would be kept in check and many felt Trump was too much of a wild card to consider.

We’ll never know if Sanders would have won in 2016. The voters didn’t have a choice. Tulsi Gabbard stepped down from her position as Vice Chair of the DNC to support Sanders because she saw the party was manipulating the primary in favor of Clinton. Leaked emails confirmed the Democrats cheated in the primary elections of 2016. The Chair of the DNC, Debbie Wasserman Schultz was forced to step down from her position. Also revealed in the leaked emails were DNC communications to Gabbard stating her career was over because she refused to play the game according to DNC rules. The DNC‘s efforts to exclude and eliminated Gabbard from the 2020 primary shows they followed through on their threat.

Hillarious wisely disappeared after the 2016 primary election scandal was exposed. A skilled career politician like Hillarious understands the attention span of a hyper-busy nation, so she quietly worked on a book and a come-back strategy from behind the scenes. Clinton waited for scandal to blow over. As predicted, the outrage for the DNC election manipulation subsided. Even Bernie Sanders stopped calling attention to the wrongdoing of the party and he supported Clinton’s strategy of promoting Russian interference as the reason Trump was elected. Sanders subscribed to the DNC Unity Fund and turned his back to Gabbard as she fought for party reform. As in 2016, Sanders played the primary election game by the DNC’s arbitrary rules. It’s unclear why he expected a different outcome than the last election. What is clear is Sanders didn’t show up to fight.

“We must put people over profits and progress over special interests.” Tulsi asks for help to reform the DNC.

Having worked within the party at a high level, Gabbard was clear-eyed about the DNC and refused to play their way. She remained committed to fight corruption and advocate for change. Rather than work as a team against corruption, Sanders’ decision to work with the DNC resulted in the eventual suspension of Gabbard’s campaign and his own.

Looking back on the past year of primary is frustrating but important for understanding how the DNC operates, the damage it does to our democracy and why Gabbard worked hard to raise awareness. It doesn’t take leaked emails to reveal Biden isn’t the best of the 29 candidates who ran in 2020.The fact that all roads brought us to Joe Biden makes sense when we understand the DNC chooses the Democratic nominee, not the voters.

In 2019, Hillarious emerged from the shadows of the 2016 scandal to accuse Gabbard of being a Russian asset. She implied Gabbard is being groomed to run as a third-party candidate. Gabbard publicly stated on numerous occasions she would not run as a third-party candidate. Hillarious offered no proof of her accusations and no apology for the slander. The accusations deepened distrust and sabotaged Gabbard’s election efforts.

Army Major and Congresswoman Gabbard defends herself after Hillarious Clinton hints she is a Russian asset.

“I feel sorry for Hillarious,” I once said.

“What- why?” my son asked, pulling out one earbud.

“She’s a victim of bad timing and bad judgement. Mostly bad judgment, but still…”

“A victim? ‘We came, we saw, he died…’ seems like more than bad judgment,” my son interrupted.

“Okay, but Hillarious did some good things. She just never got the war stuff right- she moved up the political ladder pushing man-policies.”

“I resent that, Mom.”

“I’m sorry,” I said. “You’re right. Not all men support war.”

“I don’t,” he said.

Clinton laughs about the killing of Moammar Gaddafi in 2011.

Despite Gabbard’s repeated confirmation she wouldn’t run third-party, her record of honesty and her service to the country as well as the Democratic party, people took the theories of the former Secretary of State as credible. Some defended Clinton’s bizarre podcast interview as an effort to defend the Democratic party, implying Clinton and her supporters define the party and anyone in the party who disagrees with them is an enemy. Gabbard’s criticism of the corruption within both parties and urging the country towards peace was considered a threat to the Clinton camp and the donors to whom they answer.

Clinton’s insinuations were proven wrong March 19, 2020. With the arrival of COVID-19, Gabbard directed her focus to helping people cope with the crisis. She suspended her campaign and kept her word- she isn’t running as a third-party spoiler and she gave her support to the DNC’s chosen nominee. The media took no notice. There has been no apology or retraction from Clinton.

Away from the rabid spotlight of the primary campaign, Gabbard continues to serve the country. On March 12, 2020, Gabbard presented H. Res 897, emergency monthly, tax-free UBI relief to all Americans. Gabbard’s calls for increased coronavirus education, testing, travel bans, quarantine policies and contact tracing have made a difference. With invited medical experts, Gabbard has conducted weekly telephone town halls to inform the public and answer questions about COVID-19. Gabbard’s experience in Iraq serving in a field medical unit as a specialist with a 29th support Battalion medical company shows as she actively assesses and addresses the current crisis. Gabbard’s experiences in war make her uniquely capable of effective response to the pandemic battle.

At the end of 1917, young Lance Corporal Schofield sits at the base of a large tree, momentarily sheltered from the battlefield, trenches and whirl of wounded. He reaches in his pocket and takes out a photograph. We see an image of his loved ones; he turns it over. On the back of the photo, his mother’s handwriting pleads for his safe return. At the base of a lonely tree somewhere in France, the boy’s family and home are a distant dream he knows may never see again.

Even if he survives, the boy they knew is never coming home.

A century after the war to end all wars, the US is still in Iraq and Afghanistan and showing aggression to other nations. For the past year, Tulsi Gabbard warned us of the saber-rattling actions of the Trump administration. Trump’s decision to assassinate top Iranian general Soleimani was an act of war. Our justification for this was hollow: we were defending ourselves and democracy, Soleimani was a bad man, the threat was imminent. More recently, we placed a bounty on the head of the Venezuelan elected president and sent U.S. Navy ships to their shore.

Because she’s been to war, Gabbard verifies facts and insists the mission of our service members be clear and honorable. Gabbard asks strong questions. “What is our goal?” “What is the mission?” “Is it in the interest of Americans?” and if so, “How do we plan to win?”

A hundred years ago, the bloodied, battered world looked around at the millions of corpses- military and civilian- and asked itself if The Great War was worth it. We limped back to our respective corners to try to forget. We resumed our lives, but not as before. All the world was altered.

Since WWI, the United States involvement in war is so ingrained in our national identity we hardly notice our military actions. We don’t want to see ourselves this way, so we don’t look. Americans across party lines are united in not wanting war, but neither the Republican party nor the Democratic party reflect this. The motivation for war is profit for a few. The justification for our aggression often appears nothing more than “America good, Other Country bad. Democracy for all!”

COVID-19 has taken the world by its shoulders and given it a strong shake. This crisis has people across borders working to help each other. It’s forcing even the most careless consumers to consider priorities and change habits. Just as in times of war, we are reminded of the value of cooperation over of conflict. The pandemic asks us to consider peace. To achieve peace will require a break from our previous conditioning. It will require us to notice what we’re doing in the world. Once we do, we’ll need strong leadership to help us change the rules, the players and the game itself.

With Tulsi Gabbard, Americans missed an opportunity to take notice of wrongdoing and bring the country together to address it. Gabbard demonstrated clear understanding of our systemic problems and a fierce willingness to tackle them. Unlike any other candidate, Gabbard listened to and spoke respectfully with Americans of all backgrounds and ideologies throughout her campaign. Unlike other candidates, Gabbard took no money from corporate interests. Her grassroots campaign enabled her to remain in the primary when others were pressured to drop out. The media ran stories asking “Why Is Gabbard Still Running” when the better question is why did Buttigieg and Warren quit?

Gabbard was the only candidate talking about the cost of war. She remained in the race to give voice to this message until the urgent need to address COVID-19 took priority.

Despite the media-cultivated distrust and dislike for her within her party, Gabbard was the candidate best positioned to defeat Trump in a general election. An honest female combat war veteran with a strong record of voting and service and an anti-war message would’ve been hard for Trump to belittle- his usual offensive strategy. Trump’s chaotic efforts to help the country cope with the pandemic wouldn’t hold up well in contrast to Gabbard’s numerous calls for early preparation and competent response to COVID-19.

Gabbard was the candidate capable of bringing Americans to the table for a new game- one of cooperation instead of conflict, a game where all could win. With peace as her mission, Gabbard continued the primary fight and made it to the final three- the last female candidate standing. Then her mission changed- her course altered by the novel corona-virus.

Though Gabbard suspended her campaign three weeks ago, her message and leadership remain essential. Gabbard believes Americans are capable of pushing past the powerful corrupt to create a new game to match the challenges of the world today. There’s no space at the table for cheaters. The objective is no longer to arrive at just one winner. In this high stakes game, players work together to achieve a common goal, the result being either winning or losing as a country, as a world.

It’s Easter Sunday and we’re sheltered in. There are face masks in our baskets. I think of Gabbard’s message. I see the effects of COVID-19.

I think of my students. I see my son.

I understand the old game will destroy us. It’s time to come to the table to create something new. Peace is the new game. We must work together to win.

To begin to build the new game (U.S. edition) we can use the questions Gabbard applies to our foreign policy:

“What is the mission?” Peace.

“Is it in the interest of Americans?” Yes.

“How do we plan to win?” Cooperation.

1*WVsShrx6ivUx6dlx2NmMIA.jpeg?q=20
Peace is the new game. Together, we can do this!

Epilogue. Today is Tulsi Gabbard’s 39th birthday. At the end of her two-term presidency, Gabbard will be 52 years old. After her service as POTUS, she will continue to work for decades to maintain the peace and prosperity she helped cultivate in her eight years as Commander in Chief.

1*pGXOzC2fLChCJWO6jUWoag.jpeg?q=20
TULSI 2024

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

What is interesting in the Tulsi Gabbard article is missing statements about holding the Chinese accountable (and other actors) - and The True The United States Of America Patriot President Donald J Trump's lack of holding the Chinese accountable (and other actors) - for the controlled or uncontrolled release of the man genetically modified COVID-19.

That is the base issue for a necessary preventative measure in the future. Those are the best and most effective measures. Recovery measures only mitigate the magnitude of the outcome of the event - at best.

An additional preventative measure, that flighted The United States Of America accelerated in the 1990's, is to return and retain all manufacturing capabilities on The United States Of America soil to reduce the likelihood of Psychological Economic Warfare with the associated devastation on The United States Of America Economy due to trade interruptions. Also reduces the likelihood and magnitude of the associated Hysteria Pandemic Disease(s).

7 hours ago, coorslite21 said:

Meanwhile, we continue air raids, enforce sanctions, assassinate military commanders, place bounties on elected leaders and send U.S. Navy ships to provoke countries as people everywhere suffer in this time of pandemic.

In the cafeteria of the high school where I teach, military recruiters move table to table, talking to kids about the benefits of a career in the Armed Services.

The article is dated April 12. I wonder how recruiters are talking to students if the school is not in regular session with the students on campus.

The COVID-19 so called "pandemic" is hyped way out of proportion used by many to advance an agenda on the welcoming and subsequent masses. I wonder what the message(s) with agenda(s) are related to the inflated COVID-19 actual impacts?

FEAR works?

Not my style. NO fear here. I have been and am exposed to environments likely containing COVID-19. I have no consequences to report and will do so if the occasion arises - without fear, of course.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, coorslite21 said:

Appreciate the good concise opinion.....not your cup of tea.....don't be surprised to see her Involved with the Trump administration during the next term.......she was one of the few from the left he Interviewed the first time around..... CL

one thing that surprised me about her is her hatred for the second amendment.....

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, markb57 said:

one thing that surprised me about her is her hatred for the second amendment.....

I've heard that.....Gabbard is in favor of background checks at gun shows.....and reducing the 30 round clips....if you have more than that I'd appreciate the info......there has been quite a large effort made by the DNC and MSM to discredit her on most everything.....

I'll add firearms as we know them will be obsolete in the next 10 years.....the rail gun technology is moving pretty fast......and I doubt it will ever be made available to the average citizen......or even affordable......    CL

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coorslite21 said:

I've heard that.....Gabbard is in favor of background checks at gun shows.....and reducing the 30 round clips....if you have more than that I'd appreciate the info......there has been quite a large effort made by the DNC and MSM to discredit her on most everything.....

I'll add firearms as we know them will be obsolete in the next 10 years.....the rail gun technology is moving pretty fast......and I doubt it will ever be made available to the average citizen......or even affordable......    CL

They already do background checks at gun shows. You purchase the firearm, then the BGC, then, you pick up firearm at the dealers brick and mortar shop. Firearm sales in the parking lot are going to happen and in some states are illegal and must go through an FFL.

Universal BGC are another way to gather info on gun ownership. 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, nstoolman1 said:

They already do background checks at gun shows. You purchase the firearm, then the BGC, then, you pick up firearm at the dealers brick and mortar shop. Firearm sales in the parking lot are going to happen and in some states are illegal and must go through an FFL.

Universal BGC are another way to gather info on gun ownership. 

Yep.....seems the honest ones have to jump through hoops....the crooks just get away with the crap.....   CL

there is nothing illegal or unconstitutional about citizens selling their guns to other citizens. Tulsi is also against private ownership of assault weapons. That is rather odd for her to use those words being ex-military. No normal citizen can or does own an assault weapon without jumping through hoops and paying allot of money. A true assault weapon is a switchable semi to full auto weapon and she knows that but falls for the liberal definition of a military look-alike semi auto.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

• 5 months later...

This isn't so much about Congresswoman Gabbard rather a lesson on how campaign finance works.....for those interested.....

Tulsi Gabbard’s New Leadership PAC

Political experts say the Hawaii congresswoman’s new PAC signals she’s not done with politics even after she leaves office at the end of her term.

By Daniel Newhauser September 14, 2020
 Reading time: 6 minutes.

WASHINGTON — With her failed presidential bid in the rearview mirror, U.S. Rep. Tulsi Gabbard spun off her presidential fundraising committee into a new political action committee last week, a sign that she’s not done with politics, yet.

In short, Tulsi Now is no more; meet Tulsi Aloha.

Gabbard’s team filed paperwork with the Federal Election Commission on Sept. 4 to change her presidential campaign committee, Tulsi Now, into Tulsi Aloha, a leadership political action committee. The change means Gabbard can donate money left over from her presidential primary campaign to other candidates for local or national office.

That doesn’t mean Gabbard will be running for office again anytime soon, though. On the contrary, a leadership PAC is designated as a “nonconnected committee,” meaning it is legally unaffiliated from any Gabbard campaign. But it does signal that Gabbard plans to keep raising money and remain a player on the political stage, according to Brett Kappel, a D.C.-based campaign finance expert.

Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard press conference sharing some background on a whistleblower that came forth and shared that the DOH did not have the staff to do contact tracing. August 14, 2020

Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard has transformed her presidential campaign committee into a leadership PAC, indicating she plans to remain in politics, experts say.

Cory Lum/Civil Beat

“It indicates that she plans to be politically active going forward,” he said. “If she just wanted to give away the remaining money in her campaign account she could have done that without converting it into a nonconnected committee.”

This kind of move is common for former candidates, and here’s why: A leadership PAC doesn’t have the same fundraising and donation restrictions as a campaign committee. Tulsi Now could only raise $2,800 from individuals for each election in which Gabbard was a candidate, including primary and general elections. Tulsi Aloha will be able to raise $5,000 per year from individuals, other PACs or political party committees regardless of whether or not Gabbard is running for office.

That’s important because Gabbard was recently warned by the FEC she was violating election rules by continuing to take in money after dropping out of the race in March, following a series of poor showings in primaries and caucuses around the country.

In April and May, the campaign emailed Gabbard supporters asking them to buy excess merchandise, such as shirts, stickers and hoodies, to help raise money for coronavirus relief efforts.

In June, FEC records show Gabbard donated about $4,400 to Direct Relief and the Semper Fi & America’s Fund, two nonprofits the campaign previously named as recipients of the donation drive proceeds. That same month, the FEC sent Gabbard’s campaign a letter notifying it that those fundraising efforts were not permitted because she had suspended her presidential campaign on March 19 and endorsed former Vice President Joe Biden.

“Primary election contributions made after the date of the announcement must be refunded,” the letter noted. “Please inform the Commission of your corrective action immediately in writing and provide photocopies of any refund checks.”

The new leadership PAC gives Gabbard a venue to solicit donations again with no fear of being dinged by the FEC.

Erika Tsuji, Gabbard’s spokeswoman and treasurer of the new PAC, said her campaign is hard at work doing just that.

“All contributions collected after Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard suspended her presidential campaign have either been returned to contributors or are being processed for return, in compliance with the FEC rules,” she said.

Gabbard was also asked to return hundreds of donations made to her presidential campaign that were apparently earmarked for the general election, because she would not be a candidate in the general election. Tulsi Aloha has already started giving back hundreds of those donations, according to FEC records.

Still, as of the end of July, Gabbard has about $165,000 left in campaign money.

The new leadership PAC gives Gabbard a venue to solicit donations again with no fear of being dinged by the FEC. Since she also recently created a legal expense trust fund to pay off debt from a lawsuit against Hillarious Clinton, Gabbard will have all the more money to donate to COVID-19 relief efforts or other political campaigns.

The leadership PAC structure also raises the limits on how much she can donate. Tulsi Now could only donate up to $2,000 per election to other campaigns or PACs. Now, she can donate up to $2,800, and that could float up to $5,000 per election if Tulsi Aloha meets the criteria for being a multicandidate PAC. It could qualify as a multicandidate PAC after it’s registered with the FEC for at least six months, donates to at least five federal candidates, and takes in at least 51 donations (including ones given during the presidential campaign). And if Gabbard ever does run for office again, the PAC could donate to her campaign, too.

This isn’t Gabbard’s first leadership PAC. The Time to Unite Lead and Serve With Integrity PAC — or TULSI PAC — operated between 2013 and 2018. During that time, TULSI PAC received tens of thousands of dollars, including from PACs affiliated with the defense contractors Raytheon and Lockheed Martin, the New York Life Insurance Company and the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers.

In turn, the PAC made more than 100 donations to a range of Democrats, mostly running for the House of Representatives, but also to Reps. Beto O’Rourke and Kyrsten Sinema’s 2018 runs for Senate in Texas and Arizona, John Wisniewski’s 2017 gubernatorial bid in New Jersey and PACs and nonprofits associated with pro-choice causes.

Gabbard’s team has also operated the Aloha Committee, a joint fundraising effort between TULSI PAC and Gabbard’s congressional campaign committee.

Gabbard is hardly the first former presidential candidate to spin her candidate committee into a leadership PAC. For example, former Texas Gov. Rick Perry did the same thing after he dropped out of the 2012 GOP presidential primary.

A leadership PAC is also basically a prerequisite to becoming a national political leader. Speaker Nancy Pelosi, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell and just about every other political leader operate leadership PACs and use them to donate to their colleagues.

Hawaii Sens. Brian Schatz and Mazie Hirono also have leadership PACs that have donated more than $400,000 to Democratic campaign committees across the country since Jan. 1, 2019.

Civil Beat reporter Nick Grube contributed to this report.

• 2 months later...

Some common ground for both party's......CL

========

Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard

Donald J. Trump I fully support you on this. Please don’t back down. The freedom and future of our country is at stake.

=============

Trumps tweet:

Section 230, which is a liability shielding gift from the U.S. to “Big Tech” (the only companies in America that have it - corporate welfare!), is a serious threat to our National Security & Election Integrity. Our Country can never be safe & secure if we allow it to stand. Therefore, if the very dangerous & unfair Section 230 is not completely terminated as part of the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA), I will be forced to unequivocally VETO the Bill when sent to the very beautiful Resolute desk. Take back America NOW. Thank you!

https://www.facebook.com/174866249236469/posts/3731844050205320/

• Upvote 3

• 9 months later...
  • 4 months later...
11 hours ago, nstoolman1 said:

If she only would get more 2d A friendly. I could see here as an alternate choice. 

We all have our opinions....mine is that several of her 2nd Amendment limitations don't out weigh the rest of the platform.  

I doubt we will ever have a candidate that checks every box....JMO.   CL

• Upvote 3