Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

So you're thinking about investing in bitcoin? Don't

umbertino

59 minutes ago, bostonangler said:

Great post and if folks do some profit taking they will be happy... If you have a profit, do what the pros do, take some and don't be a bag-holder. Greed is what got me in the past and I learned the hard way... Profit, any profit is never a bad thing. Wishing you took some profit when it's too late is a bad thing. JMHO

B/A

amen on that

greed has taken almost everything from me

till i learned

a profit is a profit

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, md11fr8dawg said:

Right you are BA. I have been down the same road as you and I am sure many others here with not taking some profit. Just had a weed stock triple and so I sold all. (Maybe not a good idea) It gained another $7-8 a few days later. I could have been upset I missed that rise but then it settled back to below what I sold it for. Will sit on my profits and wait for a pull back (if it occurs) and buy some again or if no pull back move on to the next investment.

Way to go!!! Profit is never bad, and with the big swings you can do it again... CBIS bought me my Road King several years ago!!!

B/A

• Upvote 1

UBS chairman warns against bitcoin investment as cryptocurrency falls 12%

Axel Weber says cryptocurrency ‘not an investment we would advise’ while South Korea bans anonymous trading

Samuel Gibbs

Tue 23 Jan 2018 13.22 GMT First published on Tue 23 Jan 2018 12.38 GMT

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2018/jan/23/bitcoin-ubs-chairman-warns-against-cryptocurrency-investment-currency-falls

16 hours ago, umbertino said:

UBS chairman warns against bitcoin investment as cryptocurrency falls 12%

Axel Weber says cryptocurrency ‘not an investment we would advise’ while South Korea bans anonymous trading

Samuel Gibbs

Tue 23 Jan 2018 13.22 GMT First published on Tue 23 Jan 2018 12.38 GMT

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2018/jan/23/bitcoin-ubs-chairman-warns-against-cryptocurrency-investment-currency-falls

Tell that to the NYSE. Put $1000 into bitcoin, or any other coin, and watch it double in one day

New-York-Stock-Exchange-enters-the-crypt

The Intercontinental Exchange (ICE) is the operating company of the New York Stock Exchange.

The ICE intends to deliver the prices of more than 15 leading crypto currencies to its customers worldwide in cooperation with the start-up blockstream.

This is another step from Bitcoin & Co. towards mainstream.

As reported by the Wall Street Journal last Thursday, the new partners want to distribute the price data to countless private investors and employees of financial companies, hedge funds, investment and trading companies. The IT service provider Blockstream from Atlanta delivers the data and evaluates it, ICE, as the operator of the New York Stock Exchange, traditionally creates the link to the recipients of the desired information.

This is another sign that the US largest stock market is finally ready to take this new market seriously.

The data should be available from March of this year. For crypto-currencies, clients should be able to see the prices of Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Dash, Ripple, Bitcoin Cash and other coins in real time. In addition, the new feed will deliver six digital currencies at exchange rates with the Fiat currencies US and Canadian dollars, euros, yen, yuan and British pounds. The new dataset should include the Bitcoin price history of the last two years. In addition, customers will be informed in future about parallels in the development of the observed cryptocurrencies. The information should be sourced from more than 600 different sources in order to provide the paying subscribers with maximum information.

Positive signals from the financial world, which come at just the right time. The example of New York should soon be followed by other trading centers around the world. As a result, the subject of cryptocurrencies will soon be indispensable to the regular daily

business of brokers.

• Upvote 1

From bust to boom: how 50 Cent became an accidental bitcoin millionaire

The rapper let fans pay for a 2014 album in the cryptocurrency. Now, its value has soared – and the once bankrupt musician has made almost $8m

Wed 24 Jan 2018 17.46 GMT

7977.jpg?w=700&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&s=d2f7c52ab57570c8e62028d51d94cbf8
Bitcoin millionaire 50 Cent
Photograph: Maarten de Boer/Getty Images

https://www.theguardian.com/music/shortcuts/2018/jan/24/from-bust-to-boom-how-50-cent-became-an-accidental-bitcoin-millionaire

• Upvote 1

The currency of the far-right: why neo-Nazis love bitcoin

For extremists, deregulated cryptocurrencies are a potent political statement as much as a means to fund their activities

Wed 24 Jan 2018 15.26 GMT

By   Julia Ebner

6181.jpg?w=700&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&s=efbe12594a35927e23ea64280fd5c318
A far-right march in Charlottesville last August. ‘Many extremists had their accounts removed from mainstream crowdsourcing platforms.’
Photograph: The Washington Post/Getty Images

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/jan/24/bitcoin-currency-far-right-neo-nazis-cryptocurrencies

• Upvote 1