Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Ann Coulter Is Worried the 'Trump-Haters Were Right'

Ann Coulter Is Worried the 'Trump-Haters Were Right'

AP Photo/Cliff Owen, File
AP_17116651197346.jpg?itok=kVS5piT7
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  

May 15, 2017 // 1:02pm

Ann Coulter was one of President Donald Trump's most outspoken supporters during the 2016 election, but so far she's been underwhelmed by his presidency.

In an interview with The Daily Caller on Sunday, Coulter said she still has hope in Trump, but she is ready to jump ship if things don't change.

"I’m not very happy with what has happened so far," Coulter said. "I guess we have to try to push him to keep his promises. But this isn’t North Korea, and if he doesn’t keep his promises, I’m out. This is why we voted for him. I think everyone who voted for him knew his personality was grotesque, it was the issues."

She explained that Trump ran as a master negotiator who would drain the Washington, D.C., swamp, but she hasn't seen him follow through on enough of his campaign promises.

"My fingers are still crossed. It’s not like I’m out yet, but boy, things don’t look good," Coulter said.

She added that she won't apologize for supporting Trump during the election, because he said all the right things on the campaign trail and because there was no better option.

She said she is afraid now that "the Trump-haters were right," which she said would be a "nightmare."

"I got to tell you when I wrote 'Adios America,' I thought there was a ten percent chance of saving the country," Coulter said. "On the evening of November 8, I thought, 'Wow, we have a 90 percent chance now. This is a chance that comes a long once every thousand years. We can save America now.'"

"And now, I don’t know, I’m someplace between ten percent and 90 percent."

And the tide rushes in, washing your dreams away....

B/A

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Sage449 said:

Gee not even 6 months and ready to jump ship. The rest of us gave O eight years.

The rest of who? Plenty of people jumped at the four year mark. Otherwise he would have had numbers like he did the first time he was elected. He didn't and before 8 years was up I know of at 50 to 60 people personally say they couldnt wait until he was gone. Before eight does not equate to waiting 8 years considering he could no longer run. Here is another item at reelection time for bummer they were talking 3rd term. By the 6th year, no more talk of four more.

Edited by Theseus
  • Upvote 2

At this point I have to agree with Coulter, there have been several major campaign promises not kept.  There were 3 reasons I voted for Trump (besides the obvious never Hildabeast).  First and most important was SCOTUS, and in this area Trump has not disappointed.  However, when it comes to items 2 & 3, I have major disappointment with the fact that Trump has allowed Congress to derail his agenda.

By agreeing to support Ryancare, Trump has conceded the point to the progressives that government provided healthcare can work if done by the “right” people.  It can’t, Obummercare should have been fully repealed and by not doing so it will limp along forever and be a bigger drag on the economy than all other social programs combined.  Trump ran on repeal, instead of repeal he settled for endorsement.  Huge loser in my book.

The third and perhaps biggest disappointment to me is not so much one specific instance, but rather the all-encompassing promise to “drain the swamp”.  Again Trump put his reputation in Ryan’s hands regarding the spending bill and as with anything Ryan touches, Trump comes out swamp soiled.   Building the wall and cutting taxes must wait because there is polytick business as usual so the American people will have to wait.

I guess my biggest disappointment with Trump is what he hasn’t done.  Immediately after the election he could have used the bully pulpit and enticed his supporters to contact their members of Congress and pressure the polyticks into doing the right thing for once.  Instead of swamp draining, Trump seems to be playing go along to get along with the polyticks and I am afraid that instead of draining the swamp, the swamp is going to swallow him up.

Edited by RV ME
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Shabibilicious said:

I agree wholeheartedly with your conclusions, RV ME, though I'm not upset with the outcomes as you can imagine.  I do believe a somewhat rudimentary draining of said swamp will happen due to Trump's actions..

.that being during the 2018 midterms.

GO RV, then BV

The problem with our federal government is the professional politicks in Congress and their even more insidious offspring infecting every facet of American life, the bureaucraticks .  Do you honestly consider a second go round for Speaker Pelosi to be draining the swamp in any way shape matter or form? Just changing the faces of the Creatures From the Washington Lagoon can in no way be considered draining the swamp.

Sadly, I believe the swamp is no longer confined to the Beltway.  Swamp fever has taken over the majority of the populous, proof being that they will continue to elect and re-elect the Creature who promises them the most goodies (taken from someone else of course).  I am more convinced that Trump was our last hope for change and it is proving out that enough of the citizens are OK with the status quo as long as they are getting theirs.  I fear the ash heap of history is not too far off, and America will limp across that finish line before we know it.

• Upvote 2

BA - maybe something to be proud of, not as good a liar?

Theseus - my point simply was that over 50% licked his boots and he managed to get 4 more years. My question to those that voted for O the 2nd set was what did you like so much about his first 4 and his "change" that ya wanted him for 4 more...............O was never my president yet I still called him President O and not Mr. Obama like so many of the sad media are wont to do with Trump - if I hear that one heifer on CBS call him Mr. Trump one more time I'm going to write her a nasty gram. She's a witch and kick starts her broom when she gets to reporting from WADC.

• Upvote 3

On ‎5‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 11:14 AM, RV ME said:

The problem with our federal government is the professional politicks in Congress and their even more insidious offspring infecting every facet of American life, the bureaucraticks .  Do you honestly consider a second go round for Speaker Pelosi to be draining the swamp in any way shape matter or form? Just changing the faces of the Creatures From the Washington Lagoon can in no way be considered draining the swamp.

Sadly, I believe the swamp is no longer confined to the Beltway.  Swamp fever has taken over the majority of the populous, proof being that they will continue to elect and re-elect the Creature who promises them the most goodies (taken from someone else of course).  I am more convinced that Trump was our last hope for change and it is proving out that enough of the citizens are OK with the status quo as long as they are getting theirs.  I fear the ash heap of history is not too far off, and America will limp across that finish line before we know it.

I don't think it is the citizens. I think those in power are not  ready to give it up because Donald or anyone else says it is the right thing to do. Values and morals are gone from those in power... The citizens have no voice. No power. The Electoral College proved that. You know I'm no Clinton person, but she won the citizen's vote. Yet, those in power decided Trump was the choice. And now that Trump has tried to rock the boat, he will be taken down. He may have wanted to change the system, but the system isn't ready to change...

B/A

BA, I'm not high on them either and why I'd never vote Hillarious. I am hoping our POTUS will get on track and the media will suck it up and stop their whining. But I know better when comes to the media. They are pot stirrers and I know they won't stop.

On 5/16/2017 at 6:12 PM, Sage449 said:

BA - maybe something to be proud of, not as good a liar?

Theseus - my point simply was that over 50% licked his boots and he managed to get 4 more years. My question to those that voted for O the 2nd set was what did you like so much about his first 4 and his "change" that ya wanted him for 4 more...............O was never my president yet I still called him President O and not Mr. Obama like so many of the sad media are wont to do with Trump - if I hear that one heifer on CBS call him Mr. Trump one more time I'm going to write her a nasty gram. She's a witch and kick starts her broom when she gets to reporting from WADC.

First, I considered 0bummer as the POSOTUS. Still president. Second, didn't you hear you can't critique the "stellar" anchors and reporters (because the lady spins head and vomits pea soup when you do).

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Theseus said:

First, I considered 0bummer as the POSOTUS. Still president. Second, didn't you hear you can't critique the "stellar" anchors and reporters (because the lady spins head and vomits pea soup when you do).

These freaks are so lucky that I'm only a trucker and not in their world. I would make Coulter look like a nun, and the media would really vomit pea soup. 

On 5/17/2017 at 2:55 PM, bostonangler said:

The citizens have no voice. No power. The Electoral College proved that

The system been in place for 227 years and because your vote and the outcome didn't go the way you want it. And now you want to complain, and say the citizens have no voice, is just absurd. You speak as your the only one that voted, and still lost!!!..It time to move on..

• Upvote 4