Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

IRAQI KURDISTAN COULD EXPORT GAS TO EU BY 2019: ENVOY

Wiljor

IRAQI KURDISTAN COULD EXPORT GAS TO EU BY 2019: ENVOY
Iraq, August 3, 2016 

BRUSSELS,— Iraq’s Kurdistan Region could export enough gas to Europe to cover a significant amount of its energy needs by 2019, the Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG) representative to the European Union said to Asharq Al-Awsat in an interview published Tuesday.

Rep. Delavar Ajgeiy said the Kurdistan Region could provide “the bulk” of EU needs in terms of gas before the end of the decade as the region continues to develop its oil and gas sector despite a slump in global energy prices and exploration inside Kurdistan.

“The KRG may not be able to secure all of Europe’s needs, but it can, according to the Europeans’ opinion, secure the bulk of their needs in the future,” Ajgeiy said in the interview. 

Gas exports would transferred through Turkey before arriving in Europe, which he added would be beneficial for Ankara and could be used as a “political card” in the future.

Kurdish officials have been in talks with their neighbors to the east – Iran – to develop energy relations and gas exports.

Iranian officials announced earlier this year that Tehran had offered the Iraqi Kurdistan access to the Persian Gulf for export of its crude oil, after a series of disruptions halted the shipment of Kurdistan’s oil through the Turkish Ceyhan port on the Mediterranean coast.

A KRG delegation was in the Iranian capital, Tehran, earlier this year for talks on a deal to export the region’s oil and gas.

“A new amity was assigned after a meeting between the KRG delegation and Iran’s Ministry of Oil,” Erbil’s representative to Tehran, Nazim Dabagh, told NRT in April.

The KRG Ministry of Natural Resources’ most recent exports report (June 2016) stated that net gas production for the month averaged 311.9 mmscfd per day and 9,356 mmscf for the month.

http://iraqdailyjournal.com/story-z13652003

• Upvote 2

Good morning SocalDinar, I do believe that they are referring to the original article posted by K98 back in March. Natural gas or equivalent of is a by product of drilling oil and is a very sellable product. Now I'm not sure if they are selling it in its raw form or if they are refining it and then re selling it. 

• Upvote 2

I am sure Russia has a play in this, in one form or another.  I know that the EU has imported much of their natural gas from Russia and that always presents a problem, ala the Ukraine. They either shut it off or slow it down. When they pay the increase BANG gas runs at full speed.  

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, 10 YEARS LATER said:

Should I apologize for being such a cheeky, sarcastic PUNK lately; NAW [ it's all in fun after all ], after 13 + years, what the F*^k, RIGHT ! 

No apologize need. I have not been in that long, but if you do not have a sense of humor regarding this investment and board it is going to be a long hard ride.  :lmao:

• Upvote 2