Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Terror Attack In Orlando

Police say 'around 20' killed in shooting at Orlando nightclub, more than 40 taken to local hospitals

BREAKING NEWS –  Authorities in Florida said at a news conference Sunday morning that “as many as 20 people died” in a shooting at an Orlando nightclub. The gunman was killed.

Orlando Police Chief John Mina said at least 42 people have been transported to area hospitals.

The Florida Department of Law Enforcement said officials are investigating the shooting as an “act of terrorism,” but it was unclear whether it was domestic or international terrorism, or if the shooter was a lone wolf.

Mina said officers were called to Pulse Orlando, a popular *** nightclub, at around 2 a.m. after reports of a shooting. He said officers were engaged in a gun battle outside the club before the suspect went back into the building where more shots were fired. He said the gunman then took several hostages.

About three hours later, Mina said officials made the decision to rescue the hostages in the club. He said SWAT officers exchanged fire with the gunman and killed him.

Mina said the suspect was found with some kind of assault rifle on the suspect along with a handgun and some kind of device on him. Officials stopped short of saying it was a bomb and were still investigating whether it was something real or a hoax device.

Orlando Mayor Buddy Dyer credited law enforcement with saving more lives by their heroic efforts.

“Many were saved by the heroic efforts of the Orlando Police Department and Orange County Sheriff’s Office,” he said.

Orlando Police said a controlled explosion did take place, Mina said they used the sound as a diversion.

Officials said the next update will take place at 9 a.m. Police said local, state and federal agencies were investigating.

Witnesses in the club reported mass chaos after hearing several shots ring out inside the nightclub.

Pulse Orlando posted on its own Facebook page around 2 a.m.: "Everyone get out of pulse and keep running." Just before 6 a.m., the club posted an update: "As soon as we have any information we will update everyone. Please keep everyone in your prayers as we work through this tragic event. Thank you for your thoughts and love."

Mina Justice was outside the club early Sunday trying to contact her 30-year-old son Eddie, who texted her when the shooting happened and asked her to call police. He told her he ran into a bathroom with other club patrons to hide. He then texted her: "He's coming."

"The next text said: 'He has us, and he's in here with us,'" she said. "That was the last conversation."

Jon Alamo said he was at the back of one of the club's rooms when a man holding a weapon came into the front of the room.

"I heard 20, 40, 50 shots," Alamo said. "The music stopped."

Club-goer Rob Rick said it happened around, 2 a.m., just before closing time.

"Everybody was drinking their last sip," he said.

He estimated more than 100 people were still inside when he heard shots, got on the ground and crawled toward a DJ booth. A bouncer knocked down a partition between the club area and an area in the back where only workers are allowed. People inside were able to then escape through the back of the club.

Christopher Hansen said he was in the VIP lounge when he started hearing gunshots. He continued to hear shooting even after he emerged, where police were telling people to back away from the club. He saw injured people being tended to across the street.

"I was thinking, are you kidding me? So I just dropped down. I just said please, please, please, I want to make it out," he said. "And when I did, I saw people shot. I saw blood. You hope and pray you don't get shot."

The incident follows the fatal shooting late Friday of 22-year-old singer Christina Grimmie, who was killed after her concert in Orlando by a 27-year-old Florida man who later killed himself. Grimmie was a YouTube sensation and former contestant on "The Voice."

Police said there was no more threat to the area.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/06/12/police-say-around-20-killed-in-shooting-at-orlando-nightclub-more-than-40-taken-to-local-hospitals.html?intcmp=hpbt1

• Upvote 2

Firstly condolences to all effected!

Typical media fueling the fire, 

I actually heard a news person say this morning that gays should be terrified !!  WTH!! 

If you live in fear from these crazies and actually call it terrorism  THEY WIN!!

If this guy was not Islamic they would be calling this a hate crime.

Don't live in fear!! Don't give up your rights for a bit of so -called security

• Upvote 4

As much as I hate to say it - America has made itself a PRIME target.

We fool ourselves into thinking we are safe. All the plans, and actions we have are AFTER the attack takes place. Nothing is being done to prevent this type of attack!

Too many places do NOT have armed security to give immediate response/protection.

Funny how the Federal buildings almost always have armed security, but the private owned businesses think it will scare away customers. I am more scared without adequate protection being provided. I hope that someone sues this business for not providing adequate protection!

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, SocalDinar said:

Firstly condolences to all effected!

If you live in fear from these crazies and actually call it terrorism  THEY WIN!!

Don't live in fear!! Don't give up your rights for a bit of so -called security

I could not disagree more, refusing to acknowledge terrorism just causes us to lose.  I believe it to be the exact opposite and the prime example would be Obummers outright refusal to use the words (Perverted) Islamic Terrorism.  Pretty hard to defeat an enemy when you refuse to acknowledge said enemy.

I wholeheartedly agree that if we give up our rights due to terrorism they win, and win big.  And you can be sure the gun grabbers will soon be out in force practicing their Alinsky principle of never letting a tragedy go to waste.  And as per always, their solution will do nothing to alleviate the problem, which is terrorism, not guns.

• Upvote 3

Thanks RVME.

Don't get me wrong it is without a doubt a Jihad.  This is a religious war.  But their goal is to KILL those with different beliefs.  People being scared and living in fear is truly not their goal. We must Die to fulfill their beliefs, Being " Terrorized " is just a byproduct. If we are scared and change the way we live  because of these Religious fanatics they win IMHO.

All murders are hate crimes, All murders cause terror. Its how we react that shows the world who we truly are.

During WWII we imprisoned over 120,000 US citizens because they were of Japanese descent. We can not ever let that ever happen again because we are scared.

Edited by SocalDinar
  • Upvote 2

57 minutes ago, SocalDinar said:

Thanks RVME.

Don't get me wrong it is without a doubt a Jihad.  This is a religious war.  But their goal is to KILL those with different beliefs.  People being scared and living in fear is truly not their goal. We must Die to fulfill their beliefs, Being " Terrorized " is just a byproduct. If we are scared and change the way we live  because of these Religious fanatics they win IMHO.

All murders are hate crimes, All murders cause terror. Its how we react that shows the world who we truly are.

During WWII we imprisoned over 120,000 US citizens because they were of Japanese descent. We can not ever let that ever happen again because we are scared.

Sounds like you and I agree mostly, just differ a little on the terrorism part though.  There are two ways the Perverted Islamic Terrorists win.  Their double pronged victory is not limited to the death to non-believers, they also win if non-believers convert.  Terrorism is the PITs tool to get those inclined to capitulate to do so little by little, foolishly believing peace can be achieved by trading their rights for a false sense of security.

• Upvote 2

America should not stand for such a horrific massacre...senseless violence on innocent lives, we can not condone this.  Political Correctness has no place in this.   

We definitely need to pray for the lost of life, and their families at this time. 

We have a dark looming cloud over America, a crisis is coming our way.   This will not be the only violence that will occur on our soil, more will happen, its a matter of when and where.  Evil does not discriminates. Evil is prejudice toward all. 

Our government has let the people down, they have complied with evil.  God will rectify those who have been unjust.

Remember it wasn't the weapon who killed these innocent lives, it was the individual.  

RV ME, you are so correct in saying...let's not let a crisis go to waste.  Watch what happens in the next few days, where this will lead.  The media is going to have a lying, dishonest blast on this. 

• Upvote 1

ISIS claims responsibility AGAIN and the politicians answer is go after the guns?

Really?

ISIS is serious about killing Americans - We should be serious as well. Not just the token effort that Obama has put towards ending ISIS.  

America should deploy our troops to end ISIS as a world threat. Dropping a few bombs and targeting their leaders is not & will not work.

Stop selling assault rifles is an excuse to take away law-abiding citizens guns! Last time I looked it was crazy folks & terrorist who were killing Americans. The government cut funding on mental treatment facilities across America. The government can not come up with a plan to take away guns from mentally sick people. The government can not figure out how to shutdown terrorist propaganda from the internet.  The government will not rein in the health care community on cost so that people who need mental health care can afford it. Look at any major city, our mental health issues are walking the streets homeless & untreated. Only AFTER they commit a violent act do they get treatment. Hillarious said she will stop lone wolf attacks - get serious and stop lying! Stop allowing potential terrorist into America. The government is taking people from every war torn part of the world and putting them into our country!

• Upvote 1

Just Sharing 

This a comment posted today on a conversation regarding Orlando night club, thought I'd share. I do not know this person and was not given permission to share therefore no name... I live in Orlando and not only were victims telling nurses that there was more than one shooter, the shooter himself told cops on the 911 call that he "wasn't the only one" (according to FOX news and CNN). Another shooter could be mistaken as a dead or injured victim - how would they know with that many casualties? Also, two makes more sense with the crazy number of bullets that were shot. Think about over 100 were shot and that's the bullets that actually hit their target. There had to be many more that hit walls and furniture since he wasn't a sharpshooter. I don't think if the government finds out there was more than one they would ever tell the truth. They are way invested in pushing the ludicrous "lone wolf" meme.

• Upvote 1

This event is becoming the new battle cry for gun control.

So sick and tired of them comparing the USA to Australia and how they solved their problem.

1st of all - it was a Terrorist Attack. Where are the cries to go get ISIS?

2nd of all - This guy was mentally ill.  Where are the cries for everyone (including the state of Florida) who did nothing?

3rd of all - Why was the event not adequate protected? America is no longer safe!

• Upvote 1

Agreed Nstoolman1. Makes you wonder if they vetted him for his skill as a terrorist so he could maximum impact to further the war on guns. 

The *ay thing and islamophobia is just s smoke screen for the guys pulling the strings so they can de-arm the people of USA...don't fall for it. 

The account of a second shooter is very telling of a false flag as the media already has an agenda to focus on the guns.