Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

FBI chief is wild card for Clinton

divemaster5734

Kinda scary for one guy in DC to have so much power over our future....JMHO...DM

FBI chief is wild card for Clinton

By Bob Cusack and Ian Swanson

FBI Director James Comey is the pivotal figure in the 2016 presidential race that no one is talking about.

Comey, a Republican appointed by President Obama who enjoys a stellar reputation on both sides of the aisle, is investigating Hillarious Clinton’s use of a private email server as secretary of State.

Clinton is the overwhelming favorite to win the Democratic presidential nomination next year and is expected to be a tough candidate for any Republican to face in 2016.

Yet the controversy surrounding her private email account remains an Achilles’ heel.

The GOP-created House Benghazi Committee flopped in October when Clinton testified for 11 hours. That hearing failed to produce anything newsworthy about her use of a private server and attracted criticism from liberals and conservatives alike.

Its failure makes it clear that the FBI will have the final say on whether Clinton did anything wrong or illegal. And whatever the verdict is, both parties will have to accept it because Comey is, in many ways, untouchable.

The 54-year-old FBI chief, confirmed by the Senate to a 10-year term in a 93-1 vote this summer, is known for his independence and aggressive prosecutions.

The grandson of a police officer in Yonkers, N.Y., he has repeatedly stressed his nonpartisan approach.

When he served in former President George W. Bush’s Justice Department, Comey made headlines by rushing to a Washington hospital to prevent White House counsel Alberto Gonzales from getting a bedridden Attorney General John Ashcroft to sign off on reauthorizing a domestic surveillance program.

It’s the moment that made Comey’s reputation and underlines why Republicans and Democrats expect he’ll call the Clinton email investigation as he sees it, no matter the political stakes.

“My folks don’t give a rip about politics,” the 6-foot-8-inch Comey said earlier this year. “We’re competent, we’re independent and we’re honest.”

Comey donated to Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) in his 2008 run for the White House and former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney in his 2012 bid for the GOP nomination, but Obama still reportedly considered asking him to serve on the Supreme Court before tapping him for the FBI instead.

Since then, Comey has broken with Obama on a host of issues.

While Obama mocked Republicans for being scared of “widows and orphans” in the debate over accepting Syrian refugees, for example, Comey told Congress that national security officials can not effectively vet all of the refugees for terrorism ties. 

Comey and Obama have also disagreed on the “Ferguson effect” — the theory that police are now reluctant to enforce the law because of racial tensions over the killings of young black men.

In an October speech, Comey said he favored legislation to change encryption law, which would compel the private sector to provide access to data and devices for law enforcement when it has a warrant. But the Obama White House has not pushed lawmakers to pass legislation on the matter, which is now back in the headlines following the November terrorist attacks in Paris. 

Throughout his career, Comey has taken on some of the most powerful figures in the country. And he has been especially tough when dealing with national security cases.

Comey reportedly pushed for more stringent charges to be brought against David Petraeus for giving classified information to his mistress when he was director of the CIA. Petraeus reached a plea deal to avoid prison time.

Morgan Wright, a cybersecurity expert who has testified before Congress, noted that Comey in May 2014 said Army psychiatrist Nidal Hasan’s killing of 13 people at the Fort Hood Army base in 2009 was inspired by al Qaeda, while others in the administration were more circumspect. 

“That statement alone tells me everything I need to know about the current investigations,” Wright told The Hill. “The investigations will be done, and they will be done right. Comey is not afraid to stake out his position, regardless of which way the political winds blow or who is being investigated. This should provide comfort to the taxpayers and voters and fuel sleepless nights for the targets of the investigation.”

In 2004, Comey was a major player in investigating the mishandling of classified information by former President Bill Clinton’s national security adviser, Sandy Berger.

“We take issues of classified information very, very seriously,” Comey told reporters at the time. “It’s our lifeblood, those secrets.”

It’s unclear what exactly the FBI is reviewing regarding Hillarious Clinton’s emails or when the agency will release its findings. Comey has only said he is briefed regularly and following the case closely.

The FBI and Clinton campaign declined to comment for this column.

There have been a number of leaks to the press on the FBI’s probe, such as in September when the agency reportedly uncovered emails from Clinton’s private server that were thought to have been deleted.

After Obama said this fall that he didn’t think Clinton’s email system posed a national security problem, The New York Times reported that FBI agents were “angered” that the commander in chief would comment on an ongoing investigation. The White House walked back Obama’s comments.

Some political observers believe that should the FBI find something incriminating against Clinton, the Democratic Party would seek out another standard-bearer such as Vice President Biden, former Vice President Al Gore or Secretary of State John Kerry. Many establishment Democrats don’t believe Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) would be a viable nominee in the general election.

But such a move wouldn’t be easy.

In a recent white paper published by the Brookings Institution, Elaine Kamarck and Ashley Gabriele point out that in order to secure the Democratic nomination, the winning candidate must be on ballots.

They wrote, “A candidate who is not on a primary ballot can’t win delegates from that state — pure and simple. ... The candidate who has missed filing deadlines through the end of January has potentially forfeited 2,232 delegates, the number to win the Democratic nomination!”

These bylaws mean that Democrats will likely go into the general election with Clinton as their nominee. But what the FBI concludes will have a major impact on her chances to become the nation’s 45th president.

Asked on “60 Minutes” last year what motivated him to rush to Ashcroft’s bedside and tell the Bush White House it couldn’t have what it wanted, Comey responded, “The rule of law. Simple as that.”

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Do you suppose she would prosecute?  

GO RV, then BV

Shabs... I think the "process" to come to a "decision" to prosecute will be delayed until after the election, sadly.  If she wins... well, she wins.  If she loses... it'll take every ounce of cronyism and corruption she could muster and "afford" to get her off.  

• Upvote 4

Shabs... I think the "process" to come to a "decision" to prosecute will be delayed until after the election, sadly.  If she wins... well, she wins.  If she loses... it'll take every ounce of cronyism and corruption she could muster and "afford" to get her off.  

Hypothetically speaking, what if Comey finds nothing.....then what?  Acceptance....or conspiracy?   :shrug: 

GO RV, then BV 

Hypothetically speaking, what if Comey finds nothing.....then what?  Acceptance....or conspiracy?   :shrug: 

GO RV, then BV 

"Finding nothing" would BE the conspiracy.  You know me Shabs... I don't believe in "acceptance" in certain serious, effective matters.  Vigilance is what matters. There are consequences for everything.... that's the clarity of Realville I live in.  That's how I sleep well at night!

• Upvote 2

Comey could have hundreds of hours of real film (not photoshopable video) of Hillarious committing every felony know to man and laughing and bragging about it, and Lynch and her crew in the department of political injustice wouldn't do a thing.  But if Hillarious quietly withdraws at the "right" time in favor of Lizzie Warren, the communist in the Senate, Obummer will give Hillarious a pardon rather than the sharia law "trial" he would prefer.  The "right" time will come after Hillarious has the Democrap nomination firmly in the bag from the earlier primaries, maybe even during or shortly after the convention.  The idea is to stampede the Democrap nominating group and transfer Hillarious' organizational infrastructure to the party and to Warren. 

What I wonder about is (a) whether Obummer will also pardon the thousands of his minion beauracrats for their gross negligence, corruption and and treason before he flies away; and, (B) whether Obummer will resign an hour early so Biden can pardon him before the newly elected Republican can be sworn in.

I hope for the best, but my realistic expectations for the political machinations likely to occur in the next 13 monts make House of Cards look like a Julie Andrews musical. 

• Upvote 2

Well thought out XTG... I failed to consider the pardon perspective.  You could be spot on with that!

Then it might be a hard pill to swallow... might need a "Spoonful of Sugar...."   :surgeon:  :lol:

• Upvote 1

"Finding nothing" would BE the conspiracy.  You know me Shabs... I don't believe in "acceptance" in certain serious, effective matters.  Vigilance is what matters. There are consequences for everything.... that's the clarity of Realville I live in.  That's how I sleep well at night!

I keep forgetting how specific I must be when conversing with you.  Okay, let me try this again.  If Comey does not find anything that would warrant an arrest....will that be acceptable?  

GO RV, then BV

I keep forgetting how specific I must be when conversing with you.  Okay, let me try this again.  If Comey does not find anything that would warrant an arrest....will that be acceptable?  

GO RV, then BV

Then Comey should be arrested.  The evidence is overwhelming... AS RV ME stated, it's Lynch that will be culpable.  I'll put it this way Shabs... I don't trust the gov't. in most issues, much less in the arena of teflon-elite lifelong politicians...

I will not accept a ruling of "water under the bridge"... as the damage has already been done.  There must be consequences, not simple complacency... or as you say, acceptance.   I will never accept things that I know are wrong... whether the government says so, or not.  Forgiveness is one thing... acceptance is another.   The truth is what matters... and that's when forgiveness may set in.  Until then....

• Upvote 3

Do you suppose she would prosecute?  

GO RV, then BV

Unfortunately I do not.  After seeing no one even fired, let alone prosecuted for the shenanigans known as Fast & Furious, IRS, or VA I have no expectation of justice in the Hildabeast email fiasco.  Granted the others were all under Holder, but what reason do I have to believe that Lynch will be any different.

The known facts regarding Hildabeast’s server already show that she is in violation of the law, just ask Petraeus, but this administration has shown numerous times that justice is meted out differently depending on who you are and your standing in the eyes of the emperor.

• Upvote 2

Dang it, y'all are making it tough to get out the door, got projects to inspect.

It is correct that Comey is the wildcard, but unfortunately Loretta Lynch is the trump card.  Doesn’t matter what the FBI finds if the (IN)Justice Dept does not prosecute. 

Excellent point.

If this came out last year, I would have said no way, but the climate is definitely changing, even the most loyal of obama supporters have begun to question, and he has throw too many loyalists under the buss, destroying careers in some cases.

I think  with enough pressure, she would have to start thinking about saving her own butt.

I don't doubt they already have enough to convict any republican 50 times over.

Comey is not stupid, he understands what is at stake.

I have no doubt he has been "spoken" too by every opposing interest.

I have no doubt that handled wrong, his own life may be at stake.

Can't imagine the pressures he is facing.

maybe we should say a prayer he is able to deal with it.

Comey could have hundreds of hours of real film (not photoshopable video) of Hillarious committing every felony know to man and laughing and bragging about it, and Lynch and her crew in the department of political injustice wouldn't do a thing.  But if Hillarious quietly withdraws at the "right" time in favor of Lizzie Warren, the communist in the Senate, Obummer will give Hillarious a pardon rather than the sharia law "trial" he would prefer.  The "right" time will come after Hillarious has the Democrap nomination firmly in the bag from the earlier primaries, maybe even during or shortly after the convention.  The idea is to stampede the Democrap nominating group and transfer Hillarious' organizational infrastructure to the party and to Warren. 

What I wonder about is (a) whether Obummer will also pardon the thousands of his minion beauracrats for their gross negligence, corruption and and treason before he flies away; and, ( B) whether Obummer will resign an hour early so Biden can pardon him before the newly elected Republican can be sworn in.

Superb analysis, and most definitely one potential scenario.

End of term POTUS pardon have been an issue, and I have posted before I am worried any establishment tool elected will offer the traditional full pardon to the outgoing POTUS, but thats for another discussion.

I'll comment later tonight when I have time.

Unfortunately I do not.  After seeing no one even fired, let alone prosecuted for the shenanigans known as Fast & Furious, IRS, or VA I have no expectation of justice in the Hildabeast email fiasco.  Granted the others were all under Holder, but what reason do I have to believe that Lynch will be any different.

The known facts regarding Hildabeast’s server already show that she is in violation of the law, just ask Petraeus, but this administration has shown numerous times that justice is meted out differently depending on who you are and your standing in the eyes of the emperor.

Not only was Petreus fired for doing a fraction of what hildebeast has done, the jackboot mentality of most government departments is very disturbing.

Excellent posts all, great comments.

Well if it's such a slam dunk.....why continue the charade, put the thing to bed and arrest her already.  Politics at play perhaps.....timing, timing, money, timing....and lots more money.  

GO RV, then BV

Can you say total anarchy, riots, and claims of conspiracy by the black leaders?

Would be billions in damage, and lives lost before control.

Even the threat must be accounted for.

• Upvote 3

Well if it's such a slam dunk.....why continue the charade, put the thing to bed and arrest her already.  Politics at play perhaps.....timing, timing, money, timing....and lots more money.  

GO RV, then BV

Finally you say something that not only sounds intelligent but that is intelligent. Timing, money, and much more money ,plus power of the Democratic machine is the reason she hasn't been charged yet.

Obummer believes in only two things:  islam and himself, and his only concern is that his "legacy" (i.e., his psychoticly distorted view of his impact on the world) is honored and preserved.  He knows damn well that the hildabeast has nothiing but contempt for him and is still in the game only for her ego and some more money, and that she will throw his "legacy" under the bus in a NY nanosecond for anything of even slight value to her.  Obummer needs the evil, mindless, equally psychotic Lizzie (the Axe) Warren to continue on the course he has charted; an ideological [how can idiots be logical??] romp down to the inner circles of hell.  Lynch knows she'll be out of a job 1/20/17, and that there is no "up" for her after then, unless, of course, she gets a new job before then.  Several of the Supremes are overdue for retirement, and they may not all hold out until 2017, particularly if they are under pressure.  So all the players are in place and highly motivated:

Comey does his job; FBI builds a file good for a 1,000 count indictment of the Hildabeast; file is delivered to Lynch, but neither FBI nor DoJ [quite properly] makes any significant public comment.

Hildabeast has a huge vote margin for the Democrap convention, when, shortly before it or during it, Lynch announces multiple indictments and shows some compelling supporting evidence.  Several tons of additional evidence are hinted at, and eventually "leaked."

Democrap convention panics, NY Times, Washington Post, the Daily Worker, and Pravda all call for Lizzie Warren's nomination.  Obummer appears at Democrap convention to give nominating speach for Warren, who gets the nomination by acclimation.  For comic relief, either Bernie Sanders or Al Gore get nod for Veep.

Several weeks later a Supreme either retires or dies.  Obummer immediately nominates Warren.  Reid informs Senate that absolutely NOTHING will be passed by the Senate until Warren is confirmed.  McConnell, true to form, immediately caves in.  Lynch goes to sing back up with the Supremes.

Obummer tells Hildabeast to announce her support for Warren and work hard to transfer her organizational and fund raising infrastructure to the Warren campaign, or face a very rigorous prosecution, and further indictments against her, Bill, and their kid for corruption in connection with the Clinton Crime Family Foundation.  Hildabeast caves, endorses Warren, and gets pardons from Obummer for herself, family, close staff, friends, and the usual suspects and coconspirators.  The pardons remain under seal until after the election.

If a Republican wins the election, Obummer resigns on 1/19/17, Biden is sworn in, Bidens presents his pardon of Obummer, his beastie, and all her friends and thieving cohorts (all of which were, of course, signed by Biden before Obummer signed his resignation).  That night Biden loans Air Force One to Obama to take him and a few bales of cash to Kenya, Cuba, Venezuela, Iran, whereever.  The next day, Biden rides an Air Force bus back to Maryland during the inaugeration.  Every Servepro employee nationwide is hired to quickly clean out the White House.  Order is restored, the world is safe!  [Hey, this is my dream, you can have your own reality]

If Warren wins the election the inaugeration is cancelled due to the fall of Washington, D.C. at the start of a very uncivil Second Civil War.  War ends in less than 24 hours because one side has NO guns, and wouldn't know how to use them if they did.  Due to the victor's experience and discipline there are zero casualties.  Order is restored, the world is safe!  [Hey, this is my dream, you can have your own reality]

Now isn't that a great plot outline for Netflix.  The ultimate in political corruption and chicannery (god, I wish this site had spell check), skulldugery, lust, perversion, aliens, war, and no matter what, a happy ending.  Could it be any better??

Sorry...when the outlook gets really desperate and depressing, I always turn to "whistling past the graveyard" type humor.  Maybe mix in a little laugh at the Devil and give him the bird, too.

One can only pray........ Do they even listen to the phone calls, emails and petitions of the electorate?!?!

They can't.  Those are routed directly to the D.C. sanitary land fill.

• Upvote 2

Finally you say something that not only sounds intelligent but that is intelligent. Timing, money, and much more money ,plus power of the Democratic machine is the reason she hasn't been charged yet.

Hey, how about that.......a compliment delivered by swift backhand.   <_<  You seem relatively smart also.  The possibility that the Repubs are waiting until the 11th hour to make a move, so the Dems don't have time to properly reboot, probably just slipped your mind.....it happens.   B)  

GO RV, then BV 

Edited by Shabibilicious

***///

... and now her own e-mails have brought to light collusion betwixt her and her son-in-law....

The whole damned Klinton Kabal is corrupt as hell. 

But, just like HO'bummer and her own husband,  

whenever she's caught and her illegal transgressions brought to light,

the "what difference does it make" mantra comes out and they get a pass from a weary Nation who's inept,

indifferent hired help on The Hill fail miserably at bringing forth Justice for The American People.

There once was a time in This Republic when these CRIMINALS would have been jailed ... or worse.

Yes, folks.... Treason used  to be a CRIME...

• Upvote 1

If a Republican wins the election, Obummer resigns on 1/19/17, Biden is sworn in, Bidens presents his pardon

one side has NO guns, 

They can't.  Those are routed directly to the D.C. sanitary land fill.

All depends on whom is sworn in, and what their first day action are.

Even then, a strong senate and congress, supported by a vocal constituency, can move mountains, whether they be mountains of corruption, armies of evil, or decades of decadence.

An inspired peoples, active at both local and national levels, have been known to overturn even the most entrenched elitists within a matter of days.

***///

.... Treason used  to be a CRIME...

True that, but even in the beginning, treason was a matter of perspective.

Had the colonists lost, they would be remembered today as the treasonous ones.

While American Patriotism has been the recognized acceptable perspective, today we are witness to stark crossroads.

If the New World Order globalists win, they will be the "patriots", if the socialist democrats win, they will become the "patriots".

Unfortunately, we few American Patriots are only one of four factions, and still divided.

There are those that call themselves patriots, who follow the Hamilton school of thought, while the majority follow the Jefferson path.

With all the external influence, intentional deceptions, and excessive foreign funding, each individual human must perform their own research, to not only learn to define themselves, but more importantly, learn to recognize their enemy. 

• Upvote 1