Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

New Report Finds 95% of Police Shootings JUSTIFIED

New report finds 95 percent of police shootings JUSTIFIED

By Casey Harper

A new Washington Post analysis shows that in almost all fatal police shootings, police are totally justified. The report analyzed 800 fatal police shootings.

“But only a small number of the shootings — roughly 5 percent — occurred under the kind of circumstances that raise doubt and draw public outcry, according to an analysis by The Washington Post. The vast majority of individuals shot and killed by police officers were… armed with guns and killed after attacking police officers or civilians or making other direct threats.”

Only 5 percent raise doubt and concern, which does not mean the officers did anything wrong. Of those that raise doubt, police are almost never found guilty of any wrongdoing. Critics will say it’s because the system gives them special treatment, but it is still a telling data point.

In 74 percent of fatal police shootings, police pulled the trigger only after the other person fired, brandished their gun, or attacked someone, the Post analysis points out.

An additional 16 percent occurred when a person was acting in a dangerous and threatening manner, such as refusing to put down a knife.

As for the 5 percent of cases that cause doubt, police reported that the person refused to follow orders and did something like make a sudden movement. In some cases, police said they accidentally shot the person.

“My supposition is that the Post set out to prove how trigger happy police were and now they’re stuck with this result that by and large police are responding to an imminent threat and are taking appropriate action,” Ron Hosko, former assistant director of the FBI and president of the Law Enforcement Legal Defense Fund, told The Daily Caller News Foundation.

Four percent of the cases did not have enough details for the Post to report an analysis. Half of those killed by police were white, a fourth black and one sixth Hispanic.

These numbers appear to contradict the growing belief that unprovoked violence, particularly against minorities, is the norm for police departments across the country.

While there have been some officers who made grave mistakes, Hosko told TheDCNF these numbers prove the claims of widespread brutality are exaggerated. He said since Michael Brown’s death in Ferguson the media is quick to run misleading headlines that are critical of cops while giving the full picture which explains the cop’s reasoning much further down in the story.

“I think the Post, if you were to weigh it by the word their articles, they have been predominantly anti-cop for months post Ferguson,” Hosko told TheDCNF. “You’ll see multiple articles in any given paper that are anti-cop. I think the Post relishes their anti-cop themes.”

Here's the Post Story...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sf/investigative/2015/10/24/on-duty-under-fire/

• Upvote 5

5% or 40 killings seems like a lot to me......But, I'm not a cop, and have only some idea of the stress and strain they must be under when confrontations can escalate so quickly.  

GO RV, then BV 

Yes but how many of those 40 killings were hyped up out of proportion by the news media . Like the mike brown incident.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

5% or 40 killings seems like a lot to me......But, I'm not a cop, and have only some idea of the stress and strain they must be under when confrontations can escalate so quickly.  

GO RV, then BV 

I don't know Shabs... only 40 questionable shootings nationally, out of how many (hundreds of thousands, maybe millions?) of police encounters in one year... it seems extremely low to me. Especially when the biased media and social justice half-wits constantly portray cops as murderous, racist unprofessionals. 95% were Totally Justified. I could argue that the other 5% were totally avoidable simply by being respectful and compliant.

Stupidity should be painful and sometimes, fatal. :cowboy2:

• Upvote 3

I don't know Shabs... only 40 questionable shootings nationally, out of how many (hundreds of thousands, maybe millions?) of police encounters in one year... it seems extremely low to me. Especially when the biased media and social justice half-wits constantly portray cops as murderous, racist unprofessionals. 95% were Totally Justified. I could argue that the other 5% were totally avoidable simply by being respectful and compliant.

Stupidity should be painful and sometimes, fatal. :cowboy2:

After that last comment.....be careful out there.   :huh: 

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

Nah...I'm not insinuating anything.  Smart people say stupid things all the time....just like the rest of us.   :D 

GO RV, then BV

Oh, I get it... like your low opinion of Ted Cruz due to your irrational fear that he would turn into a dictator by protecting and defending the Constitution as president. Got it!

WHACK! Ya know... because it should be painful! :lmao:

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Oh, I get it... like your low opinion of Ted Cruz due to your irrational fear that he would turn into a dictator by protecting and defending the Constitution as president. Got it!

WHACK! Ya know... because it should be painful! :lmao:

I don't have a low opinion of Ted Cruz.  It's just an ordinary opinion.....nothing special.  I'm still entitled to one, right?   :huh: 

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I don't have a low opinion of Ted Cruz.  It's just an ordinary opinion.....nothing special.  I'm still entitled to one, right?   :huh: 

GO RV, then BV

Of course you have a right to your opinion… the Thought Police don’t enjoy a 95% success rate!  ;)

Just trying to understand – “Crazy Cruz” is a term of endearment ridicule indifference?

Thanks Snow… my big red welt to his ego was sufficient!   :lol:

• Upvote 1

Of course you have a right to your opinion… the Thought Police don’t enjoy a 95% success rate!  ;)

Just trying to understand – “Crazy Cruz” is a term of endearment ridicule indifference?

Thanks Snow… my big red welt to his ego was sufficient!   :lol:

I haven't filed it under any certain term, but it is catchy, much like.......Obummer, Hildabeast, The Donald, Democraps or Republicants.   :)   Also, you're going to have to work much harder if you think you can chip away at my ego.  You need to pay attention to Divemaster's tactics, turn purple and get downright mid-evil.   ;) 

GO RV, then BV 

I just hate rubies...I fix them all day and am usually out by now. 

Here's a couple emeralds for ya, Snow.....and thanks.   :D 

GO RV, then BV

I haven't filed it under any certain term, but it is catchy, much like.......Obummer, Hildabeast, The Donald, Democraps or Republicants.   :)   Also, you're going to have to work much harder if you think you can chip away at my ego.  You need to pay attention to Divemaster's tactics, turn purple and get downright mid-evil.   ;) 

GO RV, then BV 

Here's a couple emeralds for ya, Snow.....and thanks.   :D 

GO RV, then BV

I prefer ReThugliKKKans but my favorite is DingleBarry OBlahBlah!  <---  (not a term of endearment!)

Have a great weekend Shabs  :)

• Upvote 3

I see I'm late to the party again......

xapqj12B_460sa.gif

but my favorite is DingleBarry OBlahBlah!  <---  (not a term of endearment!)  :)

Hey Wutzhernumbre,

Glad I could contribute my DingleBarry O'Blah Blah  comment from recent thoughts, it seemed appropriate.

Shabs commented "Hildabeast"? on another thread I recently posted, not sure who came up with that name, but it's a Perfect fit.

Clearly Liberals don't like the Truth, how dare you argue a valid point......That's why we adore yooooooo!!

Maybe Shabs is just pizzed off that his little bro Bubbilicious gets more attention........I certainly don't blame him.

If everyone wanted to put my brother in their mouth, I guess I'd be jealous toooooo.

Liberals sounds kind of like Gerbils.................and you know where they end up..

Gerbil-KY.jpg#gay%20people%20gerbils

• Upvote 1

I see I'm late to the party again......

xapqj12B_460sa.gif

Hey Wutzhernumbre,

Glad I could contribute my DingleBarry O'Blah Blah  comment from recent thoughts, it seemed appropriate.

Shabs commented "Hildabeast"? on another thread I recently posted, not sure who came up with that name, but it's a Perfect fit.

Clearly Liberals don't like the Truth, how dare you argue a valid point......That's why we adore yooooooo!!

Maybe Shabs is just pizzed off that his little bro Bubbilicious gets more attention........I certainly don't blame him.

If everyone wanted to put my brother in their mouth, I guess I'd be jealous toooooo.

Liberals sounds kind of like Gerbils.................and you know where they end up..

Gerbil-KY.jpg#gay%20people%20gerbils

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

OMG… BK… I… I…

You’ve rendered me speechless!   :wub:   CONGRATULATIONS!  I bow to the King!

smartass.gif

You’re 95% JUSTIFIED in posting this hilarity (5% wrong… just so wrong)!!!   LMAO  Thank you.  I needed that.  :lol:

• Upvote 2

CONGRATULATIONS!  I bow to the King!

smartass.gif

JaEcm6SJErRx.gif

Why "Thank You"........."Thank You" ........"Thank You"  Very Much.

I accept this award on behalf of all smartazzes everywhere, this would not be possible without your unique posts to comment on....

I'll gladly accept this one time Grand Gesture, as we all bow down to the Creator of This Thread!!

bow_down1.gif

• Upvote 2