Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Donald Trump South Carolina FULL Speech, Trump Gives Out Lindsey Graham's Phone Number

Senator Graham’s phone flooded with calls as GOP frustration over Trump’s campaign rises after a series of incendiary comments made by the frontrunner

Staff and agencies

Wednesday 22 July 2015 10.00 BST

Donald Trump has hit back at fellow Republicans fed up with his behaviour in a fiery speech on Tuesday in which he revealed a rival presidential candidate’s cell phone number.

Floods of Trump supporters jammed the phone line of 2016 Republican presidential hopeful senator Lindsey Graham, who recently called Trump a “jackass” in an ongoing feud between the two rivals.

Trump is now at odds with much of the Republican establishment after a series of incendiary comments, topped by his recent mocking of senator John McCain’s experience as a tortured prisoner of war in Vietnam.

The real estate developer and reality TV host has since intensified his criticism of McCain and his record on veterans issues in the US Senate, even as politicians from both parties and veterans groups have rushed to his defence.

Trump, despite performing well in recent polls, is still considered a long shot among the crowded field of candidates for the Republican presidential nomination. But in this early stage of the campaign, the attention on Trump has drawn the spotlight away from favourites such as former Florida governor Jeb Bush.

Trump continued his offensive in a speech to hundreds of supporters in South Carolina on Tuesday, accusing McCain of being soft on illegal immigration.

“He’s totally about open borders and all this stuff,” Trump said.

McCain sparked Trump’s temper last week when he said his inflammatory remarks about Mexican immigrants had brought out the “crazies”. On Tuesday, McCain said he would no longer respond to Trump’s comments.

Republican leaders and other 2016 candidates have been frustrated by Trump’s brash campaign, which has often overshadowed their own in recent weeks. But many Trump backers in early-voting states argue the exchange is being overblown by the media and his opponents, who fear his sudden rise in early polls.

Even many non-Trump supporters doubted the latest controversy would hurt his appeal among a slice of the electorate that is deeply frustrated with the Washington establishment and finds his unvarnished persona refreshing.

Graham, a friend of McCain and one of the 16 notable Republicans running for the presidential nomination, betrayed the growing exasperation and anger of many in the party when he appeared on CBS This Morning.

“Don’t be a jackass,” Graham said. “Run for president. But don’t be the world’s biggest jackass.”

He said Trump had “crossed the line with the American people” and predicted this would be “the beginning of the end with Donald Trump”.

Trump responded during his speech by calling Graham an “idiot” and a “lightweight”. He then held up a piece of paper and read out the senator’s cell phone number to a crowd of 540 people and a TV audience.

“Give it a shot,” Trump encouraged. “He won’t fix anything, but I think he’ll talk to you.”

The Guardian made several attempts to reach Graham on the number Trump revealed. The voicemail message identified the senator as the phone’s owner.

Graham’s campaign manager Christian Ferry released a statement saying Trump had shown he was “ill-prepared” to be president.

“The two people most excited about Donald Trump’s candidacy are Barack
Obama and Hillarious Clinton.

“Because of Trump’s bombastic and ridiculous campaign, we aren’t talking about Obama’s horrible deal with Iran or Hillarious Clinton’s plans to continue Obama’s failed national security agenda,” he said.

Graham’s voice mailbox was full Tuesday afternoon. Graham later tweeted: “Probably getting a new phone. iPhone or Android?”

1000.jpg?w=700&q=85&auto=format&sharp=10

Donald Trump holds up a sheet of paper bearing Lindsey Graham’s mobile phone number at a South Carolina rally.
Photograph: Stephen B. Morton/AP

He's also putting his money where his mouth is by announcing the establishment of a Hot Line for veterans to call and leave information on problems they have run into at VA. Problems he says he will take care of the first day he is in office. That would certainly be a change from what is going on now with the huge backlog of veterans waiting for health care.

:cowboy2:

• Upvote 3

Trump is expressing the frustration of the country and they like it.  Is the man presidential material?  Don't know yet.   But if you want to get something done, want someone to standup against the thugs of political rhetoric, someone who will cut the billion miles of red tap to get something done, someone who speaks his own mind and not the "party line," then he's your man.  

Leading is not making everyone happy, pacified, and comforted.  Leading is taking one through the dangers, apathy, stagnation, and swill of a pig sty to get us to the green pastures of self reliance, productivity, and respect of others for a job well do.  Hard work, drive, aggressiveness, and hurting for awhile?  Yes!  Political correctness and status quo?  NO!  

Stir away Mr. Trump!  Blow your trumpet and blast away; clear the air for a better day!   

• Upvote 3

He's also putting his money where his mouth is by announcing the establishment of a Hot Line for veterans to call and leave information on problems they have run into at VA. Problems he says he will take care of the first day he is in office. That would certainly be a change from what is going on now with the huge backlog of veterans waiting for health care.

I'm confused about this man. Don't get me wrong, I love EVERYTHING he's saying.

It's just that after doing some research I have found that he's not been known for 

​his Conservative bent. I know that people can change, God knows I have, but I wonder.

Do you truly think that he's for real, Granny? I would love to know what your take on 

​his sincerity is. 

• Upvote 2

Do you truly think that he's for real, Granny? I would love to know what your take on 

​his sincerity is. 

I have no idea LGD but I do love the way he is stirring all the others into a dither. We are getting a much better picture of each of them with Donald stirring the pot. Only a small number have stayed out of the fray and refuse to jump on the bash Trump wagon. Ben Carson, Carly Fiorina, and Ted Cruz have all stayed out of it. It certainly puts them in a much better light. They are sticking to the issues and have not attacked him or any of the other candidates. Ted Cruz has gone out of his way to welcome each and every one of them to the race. 

I do like Donald actually putting into action his claim to help veterans. I hope he is flooded with calls and messages from those that are fighting the VA system. Tomorrow he is coming to Texas to see the border first hand (Obama never bothered). The Border Patrol called him and asked him to come down - they want to give him an award or honor of some kind in thanks for bringing the immigration issues out in the open. At least he is making big waves instead or rolling along with the flow.   :backflip:

• Upvote 4

I have no idea LGD but I do love the way he is stirring all the others into a dither. We are getting a much better picture of each of them with Donald stirring the pot. Only a small number have stayed out of the fray and refuse to jump on the bash Trump wagon. Ben Carson, Carly Fiorina, and Ted Cruz have all stayed out of it. It certainly puts them in a much better light. They are sticking to the issues and have not attacked him or any of the other candidates. Ted Cruz has gone out of his way to welcome each and every one of them to the race. 

I do like Donald actually putting into action his claim to help veterans. I hope he is flooded with calls and messages from those that are fighting the VA system. Tomorrow he is coming to Texas to see the border first hand (Obama never bothered). The Border Patrol called him and asked him to come down - they want to give him an award or honor of some kind in thanks for bringing the immigration issues out in the open. At least he is making big waves instead or rolling along with the flow.   :backflip:

He most certainly is doing that. But I so love Ted Cruz. 

If Donald can keep it up then I'll have to trust that he's for real and 

give him my vote. Lord knows America could sure use a fireball like him .

• Upvote 2

Wouldn't a Trump/Cruz ticket put fear in our adversaries?  Bet it would be just like when Reagan took over, and the hostages were immediately released (praying that they get released before then, of course!).

• Upvote 1

I'm confused about this man. Don't get me wrong, I love EVERYTHING he's saying.

It's just that after doing some research I have found that he's not been known for 

​his Conservative bent. I know that people can change, God knows I have, but I wonder.

​his sincerity is. 

I really do think he is for real and trust him. Of course he is going to use everything to his advantage when he is making deals and doing business. Its not against the law. He is smart, a negotiator, and see's our country going down the s(&$# hole. He loves this country, I can tell and like he says, the American dream is dead, and he wants to revive it and make our country great again. JOBS JOBS JOBS JOBS JOBS JOBS. Real jobs not just union or mc donalds jobs. 

• Upvote 2