Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Welcome To The New USSA

divemaster5734

My two cents, for what it's worth (probably about .5 cents):

I knew this case was on very shaky ground as soon as I heard what the plaintiff's main argument was.

More or less from the beginning in the U.S. and for centuries in other countries, the term "The State" has been used as sort of an all encompassing name for the central government of that nation.

Hasn't anyone else ever heard of the leader of a nation, U.S. or others, referred to as "Head of State"? You could consider the cabinet position "Secretary of State" in the U.S. as well.

The notion that the term "The State" may refer to the central government of the United States is not something new recently invented by the current Supreme Court of the U.S.

Having said that, am I a supporter of the ACA, and happy for this decision? No.

Do I think this decision is correct because counsel for the plaintiffs pinned their case on an astonishingly weak argument?

ABSOLUTELY!!!!

Yes, each nation is refereed to as a state when used in reference to global agreements.

But that was not the intent of the framers of this nation.

DC is not even on American soil, and while the feds were given authority to represent the usa as a singular state in regards to the rest of the world, that does NOT make them a state of equal standing to the other recognized states of America.

That was a bastardization of the most heinous variety.

It is nothing short of an adversarial assault on each member state, directly challenging states any remaining sovereignty. 

What I don't understand is why the states are allowing themselves to be controlled through the feds giving away their worthless  FRN's.

They print it at will, give away massive amounts to hostile governments, and force the continued servitude of Americans.

Claiming the feds are a separate state member of the usa is beyond absurd.

Do you even know what each state had to do to become a member of the USA?

• Upvote 3

I just started reading the book of Jehovah with a Jehovah witness neighbor it only took him 4 yrs . just love it

Jehovah sees far into our future and deep into our hearts, he knows when best to draw ones to him, I know the love you feel…good for you!

Proverb 27:11  

: )  

Yes, each nation is refereed to as a state when used in reference to global agreements.

But that was not the intent of the framers of this nation.

DC is not even on American soil, and while the feds were given authority to represent the usa as a singular state in regards to the rest of the world, that does NOT make them a state of equal standing to the other recognized states of America.

That was a bastardization of the most heinous variety.

It is nothing short of an adversarial assault on each member state, directly challenging states any remaining sovereignty. 

What I don't understand is why the states are allowing themselves to be controlled through the feds giving away their worthless  FRN's.

They print it at will, give away massive amounts to hostile governments, and force the continued servitude of Americans.

Claiming the feds are a separate state member of the usa is beyond absurd.

Do you even know what each state had to do to become a member of the USA?

////

:tiphat:  ....believe it !  DM is telling you the Truth here.

• Upvote 2

Thant said, I very much appreciated the restraints post.

I'm just not sure which meaning is relevant in this issue.

Is it the restraints forced on us by an unGodly government that we must endure, or overthrow?

I’m glad you found appreciation for the post, by the wording of your question, a spiritual application of it is yet understandably, unclear. I’ll answer best I can although; taking in true bible knowledge and acquiring an accurate understanding of scripture, for acting in faith, is a personal responsibility.

If you keep seeking for it as for silver, And you keep searching for it as for hidden treasures; Then you will understand the fear of Jehovah, And you will find the knowledge of God. For Jehovah himself gives wisdom; From his mouth come knowledge and discernment. He treasures up practical wisdom for the upright; He is a shield for those walking in integrity.” (Pro 2:4-7)

Not wishing disrespect to anyone; my post was with no clear relevance’s to the topic– but to offer correction to the misunderstanding of ‘restraint’ as referenced to 2Thessalonians 2:6, as this needs to be brought into clear view, exposing misconceptions, lending understanding to mankind’s’ spiritually starved dead condition.      

DM– “I'm just not sure which meaning is relevant in this issue.” An observation from the physical eyes view to this system of things, none! Just one of many issue to be lost out there added to a spiritually starving world, one of endless distractions (issues), created by the system, involving it’s power of suggestion, completely irrelevant for achieving real meaningful life.     

DM– “Un-godly government” good point about man’s government, “a nation under god” what god would that be?

DM– “That we must endure or overthrow” for now anyway we must live with man’s government, obey its laws as long as they don’t require acting contrary to God’s laws, found in the bible.

Rom 13:1―Let every person be in subjection to the superior authorities, for there is no authority except by God; the existing authorities stand placed in their relative positions by God.

John 19:10,11―“So Pilate said to him: “Are you refusing to speak to me? Do you not know that I have authority to release you and I have authority to execute you?” Jesus answered him: “You would have no authority over me at all unless it had been granted to you from above.”

John 18:36―Jesus answered: “My Kingdom is no part of this world. If my Kingdom were part of this world, my attendants would have fought that I should not be handed over to the Jews. But as it is, my Kingdom is not from this source.”     

Adam forfeited his spiritual relationship with his loving creator and heavenly father Jehovah God, separating himself from Jehovah, passing his dead spiritual state on to us, Adam’s offspring.

We live as Adam did in a physical world, so it is easy to assume or believe we are involved in the world’s battles, this is a choice, which is far from the truth.

Mankind is being played; the reality of life on this world is our battle is not physical, but a spiritual one we are involved in,―Re 12:7-9,12 “And war broke out in heaven: Mi’cha·el (Jesus’ heavenly name) and his angels battled with the dragon, and the dragon and its angels battled but they did not prevail, nor was a place found for them any longer in heaven.  So down the great dragon was hurled, the original serpent, the one called Devil and Satan, who is misleading the entire inhabited earth; he was hurled down to the earth, and his angels (demons) were hurled down with him. On this account be glad, you heavens and you who reside in them! Woe for the earth and for the sea, because the Devil has come down to you, having great anger, knowing that he has a short period of time.”

It is by free will choice that we choose our battle, to which battle do you think this system of things is designed to lure man into?

1Peter 5:6-8―Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God, so that he may exalt you in due time, while you throw all your anxiety on him, because he cares for you. Keep your senses, be watchful! Your adversary, the Devil, walks about like a roaring lion, seeking to devour someone.

Why battle with the world? It is designed as a distraction to draw your attention away from the true God, to waste time, distracting the world from ever learning about and coming to know the true God. For starters this man’s/ Satan’s system of things is soon to be completely destroyed, so how could one ever hope to win worldly battles when everyone involved is designed to lose?

“In the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be destroyed. And this kingdom will not be passed on to any other people. It will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, and it alone will stand forever,” (Dan 2:44)

Trying to battle spirit creatures you can’t see and do not, or, did not know they were even there, and if you did know they are there, why battle with them as it is not your battle, but Gods?

because we have a struggle, not against blood and flesh, but against the governments, against the authorities, against the world rulers of this darkness, against the wicked spirit forces in the heavenly places.” (Eph 6:12)

“Put on the complete suit of armor from God so that you may be able to stand firm against the crafty acts of the Devil; (Eph 6:11)  

You may think the governments are oppressive which they are, very oppressive, but not near as oppressive as Satan’s world religious system, manipulating the world leaders and governments.

Matt 9:36―On seeing the crowds, he felt pity for them, because they were skinned and thrown about like sheep without a shepherd.

Wolves had torn the people apart and left them spiritually dead, the world’s religious system along with its members has been spiritually dead for many thousand years, do you think in our time, the situation has become better?

Identifying the Lawless One

7 Was Paul speaking of a single individual? No, for he states that this “man” was evident in Paul’s day and would continue in existence until Jehovah destroyed him at this system’s end. Thus, he has existed for many centuries. Obviously, no literal man has lived that long. So the expression “man of lawlessness” must stand for a body, or class, of people.

8 Who are they? The evidence shows that they are the body of proud, ambitious clergymen of Christendom, who over the centuries have set themselves up as a law unto themselves. This can be seen by the fact that there are thousands of different religions and sects in Christendom, each with its clergy, yet each conflicting with the others in some aspect of doctrine or practice. This divided state is a clear evidence that they do not follow God’s law. They cannot be from God. (Compare Micah 2:12; Mark 3:24; Romans 16:17; 1 Corinthians 1:10.) What all these religions have in common is that they do not hold fast to the Bible’s teachings, having violated the rule: “Do not go beyond the things that are written.”—1 Corinthians 4:6; see also Matthew 15:3, 9, 14.

9 Thus, this lawless one is a composite person: the religious clergy of Christendom. All of them, whether popes, priests, patriarchs, or Protestant preachers, share responsibility for the religious sins of Christendom. They have exchanged the truths of God for pagan lies, teaching such unscriptural doctrines as immortality of the human soul, hellfire, purgatory, and Trinity. They are like the religious leaders to whom Jesus said: “You are from your father the Devil, and you wish to do the desires of your father. . . . He is a liar and the father of the lie.” (John 8:44) Their practices also expose them as lawless, for they participate in activities that violate God’s laws. To such ones Jesus says: “Get away from me, you workers of lawlessness.”—Matthew 7:21-23.

Elevating Themselves

10 History shows that those in this man of lawlessness class have displayed such pride and arrogance that they have actually dictated to rulers of the world. Under the pretext of the doctrine of ‘the divine right of kings,’ the clergy have claimed to be the essential intermediary between the rulers and God. They have crowned and dethroned kings and emperors and have been able to turn the masses for or against rulers. In effect, they have said, as did the Jewish chief priests who rejected Jesus: “We have no king but Caesar.” (John 19:15) Yet, Jesus clearly taught: “My kingdom is no part of this world.”—John 18:36.

11 To elevate themselves even more above the common people, this lawless class has adopted different garb, usually black. Further, they have adorned themselves with all kinds of imposing regalia, together with crowns, crosses, and miters. (Compare Matthew 23:5, 6.) But Jesus and his followers had no such garb; they dressed as did the common people. The clergy have also taken to themselves titles such as “Father,” “Holy Father,” “Reverend,” “Most Reverend,” “His Excellency,” and “His Eminence,” which add to their ‘lifting themselves over everyone.’ Yet, Jesus taught regarding religious titles: “Do not call anyone your father on earth.” (Matthew 23:9) Similarly, Elihu, in rebutting Job’s hypocritical comforters, said: “Let me not, please, show partiality to a man; and on an earthling man I shall not bestow a title.”—Job 32:21.

12 When Paul back in his day stated that the man of lawlessness had already begun his activity, he also said concerning those who reflect that one’s lawless attitude: “For such men are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into apostles of Christ. And no wonder, for Satan himself keeps transforming himself into an angel of light. It is therefore nothing great if his ministers also keep transforming themselves into ministers of righteousness. But their end shall be according to their works.”—2 Corinthians 11:13-15.

Rebellion Against True Worship - 13,14

Unscriptural Clergy Class Develops - 15-17

post #10  of this topic.

Pagan Teachings

18 The developing man of lawlessness also borrowed pagan teachings. For example, a mysterious, incomprehensible Trinitarian god was substituted for the One who says: “I am Jehovah. That is my name; and to no one else shall I give my own glory.” “I am Jehovah, and there is no one else. With the exception of me there is no God.” (Isaiah 42:8; 45:5) This substituting of human, even pagan, concepts for God’s truths was expanded to include a further blasphemy: the veneration of the Bible’s humble Mary as Christendom’s “Mother of God.” Thus, the promoters of such false teachings, the clergy class, became the rankest of “the weeds” sown by Satan to try to choke out the fine seed sown by Christ.—Matthew 13:36-39.

19 As schisms and rifts took place, Christendom fragmented into hundreds of religions and sects. But each new religion or sect, with few exceptions, retained its clergy-laity division. Thus, the man of lawlessness class has been perpetuated down to this day. And it still continues to set itself up above the common people with its distinctive garb and high-sounding titles. Clearly, Paul did not exaggerate when he said that the man of lawlessness class would glorify itself and elevate itself to a godlike position.

(Matt 7:15, 16)―Be on the watch for the false prophets who come to you in sheep’s covering, but inside they are ravenous wolves. By their fruits you will recognize them. Never do people gather grapes from thorns or figs from thistles, do they?

At 2 Thessalonians 2:6, Paul wrote, regarding his day, about “the thing that acts as a restraint” on the lawless one. That was the restraining force of the apostles, but when the apostles had all died, by about the end of the first century the restraining ceased to exist– the Unscriptural Clergy Class develops and exists to this day, “the Great Revolt” apostasy against true worship.

Christ’s “presence” since 1914 has gone unnoticed by most of earth’s inhabitants. (2 Pet. 3:3, 4) Soon, however, he will make his presence manifest by executing Jehovah’s judgments on the various elements of Satan’s system of things. The destruction of “the man of lawlessness,” the clergy of Christendom, will be an unmistakable “manifestation of his presence.” (Read 2 Thessalonians 2:3, 8.) It will furnish concrete proof that Christ has moved into action as Jehovah’s appointed Judge. (Read 2 Timothy 4:1.) The annihilation of the most reprehensible part of Babylon the Great will serve as a prelude to the total destruction of that wicked world empire of false religion. Jehovah will put it into the hearts of political leaders to devastate this spiritual harlot. (Rev. 17:15-18) That will be the first part (beginning) of the “great tribulation.”—Matt. 24:21.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If you keep seeking for it as for silver, And you keep searching for it as for hidden treasures; Then you will understand the fear of Jehovah, And you will find the knowledge of God. For Jehovah himself gives wisdom; From his mouth come knowledge and discernment. He treasures up practical wisdom for the upright; He is a shield for those walking in integrity.” (Pro 2:4-7)

Rom 13:1―Let every person be in subjection to the superior authorities, for there is no authority except by God; the existing authorities stand placed in their relative positions by God.

It is by free will choice that we choose our battle

1Peter 5:6-8―Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God, so that he may exalt you in due time

“In the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be destroyed. And this kingdom will not be passed on to any other people. It will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, and it alone will stand forever,” (Dan 2:44)

“Put on the complete suit of armor from God so that you may be able to stand firm against the crafty acts of the Devil; (Eph 6:11)  

(Matt 7:15, 16)―Be on the watch for the false prophets who come to you in sheep’s covering, but inside they are ravenous wolves. By their fruits you will recognize them. Never do people gather grapes from thorns or figs from thistles, do they?

At 2 Thessalonians 2:6, Paul wrote, regarding his day, about “the thing that acts as a restraint” on the lawless one. That was the restraining force of the apostles, but when the apostles had all died, by about the end of the first century the restraining ceased to exist– the Unscriptural Clergy Class develops and exists to this day, “the Great Revolt” apostasy against true worship.

Christ’s “presence” since 1914 has gone unnoticed by most of earth’s inhabitants. (2 Pet. 3:3, 4) Soon, however, he will make his presence manifest by executing Jehovah’s judgments on the various elements of Satan’s system of things. The destruction of “the man of lawlessness,” the clergy of Christendom, will be an unmistakable “manifestation of his presence.” (Read 2 Thessalonians 2:3, 8.) It will furnish concrete proof that Christ has moved into action as Jehovah’s appointed Judge. (Read 2 Timothy 4:1.) The annihilation of the most reprehensible part of Babylon the Great will serve as a prelude to the total destruction of that wicked world empire of false religion. Jehovah will put it into the hearts of political leaders to devastate this spiritual harlot. (Rev. 17:15-18) That will be the first part (beginning) of the “great tribulation.”—Matt. 24:21.

In addition to your Proverbs quote, this is one I pursue daily.

Matthew 7.7 - 7.12

“Ask and it will be given to you;q seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds;r and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.

“Which of you, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone? 10 Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? 11 If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good giftss to those who ask him! 12 So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you,t for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

The colonists that settled America did so to escape persecution. No intelligent person would have left their home and come to this land without a great deal of thought and prayer.

After suffering tyranny and oppression at the hands of the British Empire, they rebelled.

Against all odds, fighting the single largest military on earth at the time, under funded, and poorly supplied, they prevailed.

While my family was still in eastern Europe, America was born.

Following the strict, popular interpretation of the verses you quoted, the American Revolution would have been considered unGodly, a willful sin by challenging the "authority" of their time.

Instead, they recognized it for exactly what it was, a test of their faith and conviction.

And they were proven right, God blessed the Americans, and made them victorious.

Individual freedom is the assumed birthright of every American, paid for by the blood of patriots, ever since then.

Millions of men and women have made the ultimate sacrifice over the last 250 years to protect that birthright.

So, are you now saying that even though God blessed America, delivered His believers to a promised land to live free and worship Him, that since some dirty rotten satanic bastards have managed to usurp His promised land, that we are just supposed to pay homage to the evil doers by submitting to their desires, and ignore the blessing that we are about to allow to be destroyed?

How are you so sure God isn't setting up America as the kingdom for His promise?

What if this is supposed to be a refuge for His people in the end times?

We use our free will to chose every battle, how are you so sure God would not delight in our standing up for Him by destroying His enemies?

Where does it say that God will destroy evil only with a magical wave, are we not the body of Christ, doesn't that also mean if we are following God's will by removing the evil, that God has done the work through our hands?

I don't get the double standards.

How can we be in America, a land taken away from an evil ruler, only to give it back to another evil ruler?

What if God HAS witnessed to hearts that this IS a battle He will bless?

I don't know.

I do know that the only people telling me to just obey are from some organized religion.

If you knew how much paganism was in the roman catholic church you would be amazed.

Maybe I'll post some links in a new topic.

My brother asked me to tune into a radio sermon by his church in Southern California.

I was shocked at what that pastor was saying.

It was nothing but lies and carefully picked offering plate enhancing statements.

If I obey those verses as presented, I am supposed to meekly accept every bit of what that guy was saying, because he couldn't possibly be in that position of power without Gods blessing.

We both know that is just not true.

A king and the Vatican conspired to write the KJV Bible.

It is so full of propaganda I'm sure those folks got eternal flames up their butts right now.

There are other words from ancient Hebrew that have been proven to be mistaken translations, perpetrated by self serving governments and greedy corporations.

If God wants me to meekly accept evils domination over me, OK, but so far I don't think that the message He is sending.

If we are just supposed to roll over and spread 'em, why bother fighting for anything at all?

Doesn't that mean the crooked cop, the corrupted politician, the sub-standard products, are all supposed to be there destroying your life because God wants them to do it by virtue of they have power over you?

Of coarse not.

That's why He gave us His Spirit.

That's why He gave us a full array of armor.

That's why we have eyes, to see the truth, no matter what it may cost to seek it.

• Upvote 2

Ok your reply was with a hand full of texts, from my comments and you shared this one as well, “Keep on asking, and it will be given you; keep on seeking, and you will find; keep on knocking, and it will be opened to you; for everyone asking receives, and everyone seeking finds, and to everyone knocking, it will be opened.” (Matt 7:7,8)

You made mentioned of an “Un-godly government” so I asked if an “Un-godly government” clamming to be “a nation under god” then, what god would that be? Could we expect to find a true answer to this, using the bible?

Edited by Fly

Ok your reply was with a hand full of texts, from my comments and you shared this one as well, “Keep on asking, and it will be given you; keep on seeking, and you will find; keep on knocking, and it will be opened to you; for everyone asking receives, and everyone seeking finds, and to everyone knocking, it will be opened.” (Matt 7:7,8)

You made mentioned of an “Un-godly government” so I asked if an “Un-godly government” clamming to be “a nation under god” then, what god would that be? Could we expect to find a true answer to this, using the bible?

I answered the quoted verse, or, the focus on my reply was within the context of quoted verse.I then deleted the rest of your quote in order to keep from making page long single replies.

You repeated a rhetorical question, so you must need an answer.

While the framers of America did in fact take precautions to avoid another England or Holland, both of which had a national "religion", which compelled every resident to attend church, follow whatever rituals, and give whatever money or goods were demanded by the church, as well as pay their excessive taxation, while living with the understanding that all wealth and authority was a birthright, anyone not sired to a privileged family would forever be condemned to a life of servitude.

That said, the framers acknowledged all their understanding of "standing" came from "Providence". A deity, and openly crafted the individual Bill of Rights,( 1st 10 amendments to the constitution), based on Christian biblical references. As a matter of fact, every single state's constitution has either in the body or preamble, an acknowledgement to either "The Creator", or Providence.

The intent of the constitution has been thrown out, instead we have a government consumed with self-preservation, oppressive and tyrannical in almost every action they take. Today's government is not a God fearing entity, and is no longer following the principals determined for its governance, or operating within the confines of the scope for it's existence.

As for The Bible, and God's word.

Here are just a few relevant verses;

He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? Micah 6:8

“Is not this the fast that I choose jto loose the bonds of wickedness, to undo the straps kof the yoke, to let the oppressed2 go free, and to break every yoke?  Isaiah 58:6

The Lord looked and was displeased that there was no justice.

16 He saw that there was no one, he was appalled that there was no one to intervene; so his own arm achieved salvation for him,  and his own righteousness sustained him.

17 He put on righteousness as his breastplate, and the helmet of salvation on his head, he put on the garments of vengeance  and wrapped himself in zeal as in a cloak.

18 According to what they have done, so will he repay wrath to his enemies

and retribution to his foes;  he will repay the islands their due.

19 From the west, people will fear the name of the Lord,  and from the rising of the sun, they will revere his glory.For he will come like a pent-up flood

that the breath of the Lord drives along. Isaiah 59:16-19

Blessed are they who maintain justice . . . . Psalm 106:3This is what the LORD says: Maintain justice and do what is right. Isiah 56:1

This is what the LORD says: Do what is just and right. Jeremiah 22:3,13-17

19“You shall not distort justice; you shall not be partial, and you shall not take a bribe, for a bribe blinds the eyes of the wise and perverts the words of the righteous. 20“Justice, and only justice, you shall pursue, that you may live and possess the land which the LORD your God is giving you.. Deuteronomy 16:19-20

17Learn to do good; Seek justice, Reprove the ruthless, Defend the orphan, Plead for the widow. Isaiah 1:17

33 who through faith conquered kingdoms, administered justice, and gained what was promised; who shut the mouths of lions, 34 quenched the fury of the flames, and escaped the edge of the sword; whose weakness was turned to strength; and who became powerful in battle and routed foreign armies. Hebrews 11:33-34

So, I say again, if this country was in fact given to His people by God, whom are we serving by willfully failing to protect that which is a gift from God?

I am not openly advocating any violent rebellion.

I don't think that is even necessary.

All it would take is for Americans to stop working for a day for them to notice.

If that's not enough, then a few hundred million Americans in DC could just walk in and throw them out.

Happy 4TH 

• Upvote 2

You repeated a rhetorical question, so you must need an answer.

So, I say again, if this country was in fact given to His people by God, whom are we serving by willfully failing to protect that which is a gift from God?

I am not openly advocating any violent rebellion.

I don't think that is even necessary.

All it would take is for Americans to stop working for a day for them to notice.

If that's not enough, then a few hundred million Americans in DC could just walk in and throw them out.

It was not meant as a rhetorical question or I would not have asked what your thoughts are the second time, but as it was, a leading question, for you to draw out of your own question the answer, for yourself.

I said; “you made mentioned of an “Un-godly government” so I asked if an “Un-godly government” clamming to be “a nation under god” then, what god would that be?”

Even though you know the country in question is an “Un-godly government” which proclaims itself as a nation under God, you wish to rally the nationalistic support of a hundred million others to defend your beliefs… perhaps there’s as well.

quote: (So, I say again, if this country was in fact given to His people by God, whom are we serving by willfully failing to protect that which is a gift from God?)

If– and, in fact– And how about the why, why would this country be His peopleYou don’t have any clear answer here, do you...

And your question…again, whom are we serving by willfully failing to protect that which is a gift from God?... I say again, because you state it as a country being a gift from God, but this would not be the God who is the author of the bible you think it to be, neither would the God in "a nation under God".

I don’t need your answer; not my quest– you’re avoiding answering the question as you’re searching answer in support of your belief system, and not truth.

“Then Jesus went on to say to the Jews who had believed him: “If you remain in my word, you are really my disciples, and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” (John 8:31,32)…Spiritual truth, freedom from spiritually oppressed– spiritually free…

They hated Jesus and denied him as God’s son, and designate king of his kingdom, do you understand why? It was because they had preconceived expectations of God’s Kingdom and its King, only seeing how it should conform with mans beliefs and traditions, would this be a spiritual blindness from this world, and would this not be, by choice…         

“Twenty-five years ago this June,” observes the Catholic Jesuit magazine “America, Americans piously inserted the phrase ‘under God’ into the Pledge of Allegiance to the flag.” In reflecting on the reason for this move, “America” says that “most who supported the change in wording (and there were few who did not) frankly admitted that the inclusion of God was a political, not a religious, act.” In those days of fervent anti-Communism, notes the article, “the Catholic War Veterans of Wayne County, Mich., resolved that letting God into the Pledge would give ‘additional meaning to the spiritual defense of our nation.’ God . . . was being recalled to active duty.”

The significance of this was expressed by one religious writer of the time who said that, by putting God into the pledge, America was “adopting a God of war who appears as a nationalistic deity directing bombs and bullets into the hearts of our enemies.” Observes “America”: “Quite simply, the nation was afraid of the future, and it tried to meet this fear by having its children parrot in singsong fashion just how good it actually was. The Pledge was to be a spiritual boot [military training] camp for babes.”

Do you want your children to learn about a nationalistic “God of war” or, rather, about the “God of peace” as revealed in the Bible? (Phil. 4:9) “America” draws this conclusion: “The phrase ‘under God’ is the concrete symbol of what was, 25 years ago, and may still be, the established American religion: worship of the state. We ought to drop it.”—June 9, 1979, pp. 469, 470.

The well-known English historian Arnold Toynbee warned of the development in our time of the “grim shape of a pagan worship of sovereign national states,” describing this also as “a sour ferment of the new wine of democracy in the old bottles of tribalism.” Those who claim that their own nation is superior to all others, even to the point of worshiping the State, have been manipulated by rulers and regimented in order to carry out their policies, whether good or bad.

As was the case in Nazi Germany, today there are searching questions for the conscientious Christian to answer: Should I believe that the nation I live in is favored by God more than any other? Especially now, in this most dangerous period of human history, is it logical and sensible to view one small portion of the earth as superior to all other portions? Or to view one segment of the human family as superior to all other segments?

Let us consider the viewpoint of the greatest Historian of all—God, Author of the Bible. The apostle Peter tells us: “For a certainty I perceive that God is not partial, but in every nation the man that fears him and works righteousness is acceptable to him.” And should we not always act in harmony with the apostle Paul’s inspired statement that God “made out of one man every nation of men, to dwell upon the entire surface of the earth”? Why should one nation of men think and act as though it were superior to every other nation? Speaking of all men, Paul said: “We are the progeny of God.”—Acts 10:34, 35; 17:26, 29.

In Jehovah’s new system, lovers of righteousness will no longer be challenged by the totalitarian political systems, for partisan pride and hatred will be things of the past. (Psalm 11:5-7) Wherever they live on earth, God’s people have already put such nationalism behind them, in obedience to Jesus’ command to ‘love one another just as he loved them.’ (John 13:34, 35; Isaiah 2:4)

No need, all praise be to God…just seeking attention of the humble…

Matt 11:25―Jesus said in response: “I publicly praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and intellectual ones and have revealed them to young children.

The Bible alludes to Gentiles as “dogs”  ; )

Leaving there, Jesus now went into the region of Tyre and Si’don. And look! a Phoe·ni’cian woman from that region came and cried out: “Have mercy on me, Lord, Son of David. My daughter is cruelly demon possessed.” But he did not say a word in answer to her. So his disciples came and began to urge him: “Send her away, because she keeps crying out after us.” He answered: “I was not sent to anyone except to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.” But the woman came and did obeisance to him, saying: “Lord, help me!” In answer he said: “It is not right to take the bread of the children and throw it to the little dogs.” She said: “Yes, Lord, but really the little dogs do eat of the crumbs falling from the table of their masters.” Then Jesus replied to her: “O woman, great is your faith; let it happen to you as you wish.” And her daughter was healed from that hour on. (Matt 15:21-28) Compare Mark’s wording of the same account at Mark 7:24-30

Extending the Invitation: “Come!”

How loving is the service rendered by those ministers of the new covenant! For instance, in Revelation 22:17 we read: “The spirit and the bride keep on saying: ‘Come!’ And let anyone hearing say: ‘Come!’ And let anyone thirsting come; let anyone that wishes take life’s water free.” The “bride” class, along with Jehovah’s active force, or spirit, is extending that invitation to those who are outside the new covenant. The invitation is extended, not to those now dead in the memorial tombs who are to be blessed with a resurrection from the dead, but to people now living, who are in danger of destruction at Armageddon but who have hearing ears.

Not in vain has this loving invitation been extended worldwide especially since 1935. Nearly eight million in 235 lands around the earth have already responded to the gracious invitation to come and drink. As those who have appreciatively heard, they are obediently saying to still many other millions athirst for endless life on a paradise earth, “Come!” But the time for extending this gracious invitation to the “other sheep” is limited. After more than a half century of being extended, the time remaining for it should now be very short, as God’s war at Armageddon looms ominously over “this generation” of mankind.—Matthew 24:34.

In the final part of the days,

The mountain of the house of Jehovah

Will become firmly established above the top of the mountains,

And it will be raised up above the hills,

And to it all the nations will stream.

And many peoples will go and say:

“Come, let us go up to the mountain of Jehovah,

To the house of the God of Jacob.

He will instruct us about his ways,

And we will walk in his paths.

For law will go out of Zion,

And the word of Jehovah out of Jerusalem. (Isaiah 2:2,3)

Edited by Fly