Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Where and when did you serve?

Qman

I did not serve, however, I had 7 family members that served.

1 uncle who died in WWII (South Pacific Theatre) Battaan (in camp, after death march from contracting malaria).

1 uncle who died in WWII (South Pacific Theatre), after death march in Battaan, on a ship called Arisan Maru destined to Japan for slave labor (torpedoed by US Forces - not realizing POWS on board).

1 uncle who died in WWII (South Pacific Theatre), In Tariwa (died on the beach).

1 uncle who lived and joined the Army Rangers (first induction of Rangers!) in WWII to help search for his 2 brothers (who had already, by that time, had passed away).

Another uncle WWII (European Theatre) - escaped from German camp and lived to tell about it and go on to have a wonderfully dysfunctional family. LOL!

My Father, who fought in Korea and lived to have me and the rest of my siblings! He passed away in 98', God rest his soul!

Another uncle in Korea who lived and had a wonderful family! He died in 93'.

So 6 out of 8 of my father's brothers lived and died to fight for our freedoms.

CAN'T SAY ENOUGH, ON THIS SUBJECT! THANK YOU FOR YOUR COURAGE AND TENACITY TO CONTINUE TO KEEP OUR COUNTRY STRONG AND FREE!!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

1965-1975 USN SS563 diesel submarine, Harbor clearance Unit 2, deep sea diver, Washington DC instructor. Participated in many special OPS. Went on missions that didn't happen,

with people that don't exist, to places we weren't suppose to be. I would do it again.

USS Ashtabula AO-51 65-67

My dad served WWII , One Uncle Korea, Brother Army, Brother in Law Army (1st Gulf War) 2 close Hometown friends Army. I served the following: 84-86 2/33 Ar 1st Bde 3AD FRG, 86-89 3/32 Ar 1st Bde 1CD, 89-91 4/34 Ar 1st Bde ,Jan-May 91 att. to 1st Bde 3 AD for Gulf War. Jul-Dec 91 Instructor Fort Knox . ETS dec 91 19K30

First I want to thank all of our service men and woman for our freedom. And to this my love to remember my Grandfather who was a soldier in WWI, My father who was on a ship in Pacific (in Russia) in WWII, may they rest in peace. My husband who was in WWII in Moracco, building air strips with the CB'S and in Korea running supplies to the front. And I ask prayers for him as he readdies to leave us. As he was placed on Hospice 6 wks ago. Also with much love to my 2 sons , One was an reconnence scout with the Army in Korea on the DMZ and my other son who served as an MP in the Army. We have a rich history of military that we are very proud of. There also were uncles, on Omaha beach and Korea, Aunt in Germany . May God Bless them and America. amen

Edited by almondeyesblue1
  • Upvote 1

My dad served on an aircraft carrier in the south Pacific in WWII. I have always had the highest respect and gratitude for our military. They're the finest on the planet, and I want to thank all of them for their service and the stories from all of you DV folks with you and your family's military service too! You are what makes this country great. God Bless you!!

USAF 83-06, got to be a boy scout again when desert shield kicked off and learned to appreciate our good old USA even more after living with no aminities for a short time in the desert. retired in 06.

USAF 83-06, got to be a boy scout again when desert shield kicked off and learned to appreciate our good old USA even more after living with no aminities for a short time in the desert. retired in 06.

Mupital carriers VN 64 to 68,loved every minute of it,would do it all over agian