Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Joint forces launch offensive on ISIS sites in southern Mosul

WISKY291

alalam_635251627034686476_25f_4x3.jpg

Representational file photo.

Nineveh (IraqiNews.com) On Wednesday, a local source in Nineveh province said, that joint forces from the local police and the Peshmerga forces backed with volunteers have launched an offensive on ISIS sites in southern Mosul.

The source informed IraqiNews, “Today, joint forces consisting of Nineveh police and Kurdish Peshmerga forces backed by Arab tribal fighters have carried out an offensive operation on ISIS sites in Qayara area, located southern Mosul,” noting that, “The operation has resulted in liberating some expanses of territory in the area.”

“The international coalition warplanes have offered intensive air bombing on ISIS targets during the operation,”

“The militants withdrew to the eastern side of the area after suffered big losses in the battle,” the source added.

http://www.iraqinews.com/iraq-war/joint-forces-launch-offensive-isis-sites-southern-mosul/

• Upvote 2

The New York Times: The first Iraqi combat regiment within the US training program will be ready early February

sdfsfdsfdfs.jpg

BAGHDAD - Iraq Press - January 1: Military officials said the newspaper "New York Times" that the first batch of recruits recipients of US training, will be ready to join the fight against al-Daash by the middle of next month,   noting that the program aims to train 5 Thousands of new recruits every 6 weeks in order to achieve progress in the preparation of forces to confront Daash.

The US military commander, supervisor of the training program, Gen. Paul Funk, said that "We have registered already undergone training grounds and are ready now to receive some advanced training," pointing out that "after more than 6 months after the rapid progress of the organization Daash in northern Iraq, forcing US President Barack Obama AC to issue orders to the implementation of a new US military mission, the start of a US program to train Iraqi security forces to take shape. "

The newspaper added that "the last few days have seen the reception the first recruits, totaling about 1,600 people were divided into four battalions, at Camp Taji, north of Baghdad, while others began arriving in Ein al-Asad Air Base in Anbar province and joined about 200 Marines and soldiers forces US Special ". Admiral ended 

I wonder what the sentiment is about our troops in Iraq is now that we are training them to fight. I'm hoping that they realize we want them to succeed in destroying a common enemy and perpetuate a democratic style government. We have stirred the pot over there for so long maybe the natives will see this as us trying to right the ship.

Seems strange to me that these countries that have been war torn since before Christ: Do not know, nor study modern warfare!

You might think that they would realize at some point that if you are going to be in a fight you might want to train & be prepared!

After spending 20 years in the Army and retiring in 1996: I still maintain my weapons & practice just in case the stuff hits the fan. I pray I do not have to take any more lives in my lifetime, but should the circumstances arise - I pity the fool who pushes me past the point of no return! :)

• Upvote 1