Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

There Seems to be Confusion on what "Lifting the Zeros" Means

ewingm

Dontlop, you said a post ago that iraq has not had to touch their reserves.  Maybe you'd better read the IMF report they just issued.  The CBI reserves have dropped from 77 billion down to 68 billion.  I'd call that "touching their reserves".  Negatively, I might add.

YA I did read that one article but I didn't check the cbi web site to verify it.

If they did buy a bunch of military equipment they may of ended up with a trade imbalance

We will need to monitor that ewingm since you need to protect your cartoons

Wow!  Read the current posting "upstairs" on Dinar Related News.  I have a feeling I'm about to have company in the tank!

People do flip out from time to time

Then they come to the tank and go ballistic calling out the mods and eventually get banned

The trick is to obey the rules

You can talk about lops in the tank , but don't push it on other forums

They don't even want it discussed outside the tank , it leads to arguements , tested and proven , it leads to arguements , just look at the tank , do YA think they want the whole site like the tank?

The rules are in place for good reason

Easy rules to follow I'd say

• Downvote 1

Some people get tired of the daily grind about a rv or a lop so they hang around the other topics which can be quite interesting

Talking about politics or stocks or medicine and natural cures

But if YA don't follow the rules YA end up locked up in the tank its your fault , not the websites or mods or anyone else's

YA got to know when to let it go

Follow the rules

And this is one of the best web sites out there for casual every day living

Don't get excited

No one is going to eat your food

The current account is the balance of trade between a country and its trading partners, reflecting all payments between countries for goods, services, interest and dividends. A deficit in the current account shows the country is spending more on foreign trade than it is earning, and that it is borrowing capital from foreign sources to make up the deficit. In other words, the country requires more foreign currency than it receives through sales of exports, and it supplies more of its own currency than foreigners demand for its products. The excess demand for foreign currency lowers the country's exchange rate until domestic goods and services are cheap enough for foreigners, and foreign assets are too expensive to generate sales for domestic interests. (For more, see Understanding The Current Account In The Balance Of Payments.)

4. Public Debt

Countries will engage in large-scale deficit financing to pay for public sector projects and governmental funding. While such activity stimulates the domestic economy, nations with large public deficits and debts are less attractive to foreign investors. The reason? A large debt encourages inflation, and if inflation is high, the debt will be serviced and ultimately paid off with cheaper real dollars in the future.

In the worst case scenario, a government may print money to pay part of a large debt, but increasing the money supply inevitably causes inflation. Moreover, if a government is not able to service its deficit through domestic means (selling domestic bonds, increasing the money supply), then it must increase the supply of securities for sale to foreigners, thereby lowering their prices. Finally, a large debt may prove worrisome to foreigners if they believe the country risks defaulting on its obligations. Foreigners will be less willing to own securities denominated in that currency if the risk of default is great. For this reason, the country's debt rating (as determined by Moody's or Standard & Poor's, for example) is a crucial determinant of its exchange rate.

5. Terms of Trade

A ratio comparing export prices to import prices, the terms of trade is related to current accounts and the balance of payments. If the price of a country's exports rises by a greater rate than that of its imports, its terms of trade have favorably improved. Increasing terms of trade shows greater demand for the country's exports. This, in turn, results in rising revenues from exports, which provides increased demand for the country's currency (and an increase in the currency's value). If the price of exports rises by a smaller rate than that of its imports, the currency's value will decrease in relation to its trading partners.

Edited by dontlop
  • Upvote 1

DinarBeliever,  I don't think there is a single thing that I could say that would ever change your mind.  When you took the bait, you swallowed hook line and sinker.  So I'll just reiterate what the CBI has said, repeatedly.  They are going to drop the zeros from the currency. That's called a redenomination or LOP.  It is value neutral, which is what the CBI has also said repeatedly.  Yes, it does increase the value of the dinar from .00086 to .86, BUT it also reduces the NUMBER of dinar by a factor of 1000x.  So it still remains value neutral.  That's how its done in the real world, DB.  I'm sorry if that interfers with your dream of riches, but that's how its done.

• Upvote 1

It was started as another lousy speculation that gullible people would buy.  Just my opinion of course.  My family owns that viet crap also.  They'd buy anything that someone told them would make them money.

Why are you so worried about this currency? If you think it's a wash then stop posting. From what I can see, you continue to dig yourself a hole with your mouth. So what they drop the 0's off the currency! I'm in the camp when they do they will simultaneously up the rate around where the Kuwaiti currency runs.

SXSESS,  I agree with you!  They're going to lop the zeros off their currency!  It's called a redenomination.  Guess what, sxsess?  You will have to exchange all your currency if they do what you think they will do.  That's a BAD thing for you.  Now once a redenomination has occurred and all the currency has been exchanged, they will probably slowly over years, revalue their currency upward.  But you speculators will LOSE your 1000x profit making zeros!  What about this don't you get? You don't make money.  You LOSE money.

• Upvote 1

SXSESS,  I agree with you!  They're going to lop the zeros off their currency!  It's called a redenomination.  Guess what, sxsess?  You will have to exchange all your currency if they do what you think they will do.  That's a BAD thing for you.  Now once a redenomination has occurred and all the currency has been exchanged, they will probably slowly over years, revalue their currency upward.  But you speculators will LOSE your 1000x profit making zeros!  What about this don't you get? You don't make money.  You LOSE money.

Don't forget your IHMUO. :lol: You can't forget your just a "dumb ole deluded non-believer" that has a tendancy to say things, believing their fact, when its just an opinion...

-

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Yes, lopping the zeros of their currency IMO is a redenomination.  Even though I can't think of another way you can lop three zeros off currency without undergoing a redenomination, it is still my opinion.  And a redenomination exchanges ALL the currency within a time period and then demonitizes what didn't make the exchange.  A redenomination is IN MY OPINION what the CBI has been calling for for years.  It's value neutral which is what every country wants when they do this. IMO  But now with the non-positive IMF report IMO, the currency reform of any kind is very unli,ely for quite a while to come. 

• Upvote 1

The current account is the balance of trade between a country and its trading partners, reflecting all payments between countries for goods, services, interest and dividends. A deficit in the current account shows the country is spending more on foreign trade than it is earning, and that it is borrowing capital from foreign sources to make up the deficit. In other words, the country requires more foreign currency than it receives through sales of exports, and it supplies more of its own currency than foreigners demand for its products. The excess demand for foreign currency lowers the country's exchange rate until domestic goods and services are cheap enough for foreigners, and foreign assets are too expensive to generate sales for domestic interests. (For more, see Understanding The Current Account In The Balance Of Payments.)

4. Public Debt

Countries will engage in large-scale deficit financing to pay for public sector projects and governmental funding. While such activity stimulates the domestic economy, nations with large public deficits and debts are less attractive to foreign investors. The reason? A large debt encourages inflation, and if inflation is high, the debt will be serviced and ultimately paid off with cheaper real dollars in the future.

In the worst case scenario, a government may print money to pay part of a large debt, but increasing the money supply inevitably causes inflation. Moreover, if a government is not able to service its deficit through domestic means (selling domestic bonds, increasing the money supply), then it must increase the supply of securities for sale to foreigners, thereby lowering their prices. Finally, a large debt may prove worrisome to foreigners if they believe the country risks defaulting on its obligations. Foreigners will be less willing to own securities denominated in that currency if the risk of default is great. For this reason, the country's debt rating (as determined by Moody's or Standard & Poor's, for example) is a crucial determinant of its exchange rate.

5. Terms of Trade

A ratio comparing export prices to import prices, the terms of trade is related to current accounts and the balance of payments. If the price of a country's exports rises by a greater rate than that of its imports, its terms of trade have favorably improved. Increasing terms of trade shows greater demand for the country's exports. This, in turn, results in rising revenues from exports, which provides increased demand for the country's currency (and an increase in the currency's value). If the price of exports rises by a smaller rate than that of its imports, the currency's value will decrease in relation to its trading partners.

Iraqs ranks number 50 in the world out of 170 nations on balance of payments

That's pretty good

Here's the link

http://www.indexmundi.com/facts/indicators/BX.GSR.GNFS.CD/rankings

And this explains further

Description: The map below shows how Exports of goods and services (BoP, current US$) varies by country. The shade of the country corresponds to the magnitude of the indicator. The darker the shade, the higher the value. The country with the highest value in the world is United States, with a value of 2,104,900,000,000.00. The country with the lowest value in the world is São Tomé and Principe, with a value of 29,342,880.00.

Iraq is number 50 out of 170 which is better than some nations in Europe

http://www.indexmundi.com/facts/indicators/BX.GSR.GNFS.CD

Iraqs credit rating is based on its balance of payments

And it's currency exchange rate is calculated by its credit rating or at least it plays a big part in it

And this comes from the imf ewingm your heros

A positive number means a surplus and a negative number means deficit

Iraqs current account according to the cbi web site is around 30 trillion dinar

And that's not a negative 30 trillion its a positive 30 trillion

Your doom and gloom is all in your gullibility to believe anything bad about iraq ewingm

Your gullible ewingm

Plain gullible

Debate that point to point ewingm

You say you want honest debate

Prove any of that wrong

Edited by dontlop

So ewingm

Can you see why someone may speculate that the exchange rate of the iraqi dinar may change and go up after the 2003 invasion ?

If so why would you call people you don't know stupid for buying the iraqi dinar ?

And you were doing this before isis teamed up with the Baathists in iraq last June

Your new rants about how unstable they are because of isis were just added in June

So what's your reasoning for calling people stupid for buying dinar in 2004 and 2005 before there was any gurus or web sites pumping bs about the dinar ?

Are you mad at your reletives so you chose to come to a web site that you say they don't come to and get on people's cases that you don't even know anyone here ?

In other words what's your problem ewingm ?

It's none of your business what anyone else does with their own money

DinarBeliever,  I don't think there is a single thing that I could say that would ever change your mind.  When you took the bait, you swallowed hook line and sinker.  So I'll just reiterate what the CBI has said, repeatedly.  They are going to drop the zeros from the currency. That's called a redenomination or LOP.  It is value neutral, which is what the CBI has also said repeatedly.  Yes, it does increase the value of the dinar from .00086 to .86, BUT it also reduces the NUMBER of dinar by a factor of 1000x.  So it still remains value neutral.  That's how its done in the real world, DB.  I'm sorry if that interfers with your dream of riches, but that's how its done.

i know what a lop is. Iraq will be a remarkable market ewingm, Iraq is way too rich to even consider a lop. The IQD is severely undervalued and they want to increase purchasing power. I have no doubts ewingm about an RV that's why I frequent this site. You on the other hand thinks it's impossible and frequent this site for what?

Ewingm after storm (RV/RI/RD/LOP) what are you going to do next ? If by chance nothing happens, some of us will sell back our dinars at a loss due to the spreads/money fees etc, and that may be a 20% loss. But there is no way that we're going to loose it all. No body that's in my shoes is going to have file bankruptcy over this and that's worse case scenario. Don't ever get tired of people who don't want to hear what you're saying and if you think that it's bad now, I got news for you brother, you want even be able to buy a drunk a drink cause he doesn't want to hear how the Almighty Ewingm knows it all. On the other hand let's say it does RV, you are going to be crying in your beer, like a sad country song. And don't tell me that you don't drink because if there ever was a reason I'm afraid that you will have about a million or so. Don't despair I think that we can collect enough tips to prop you up.

Tips?  If it RV's and I'm left out you'll collect tips for me from the now rich DV people?  That's really nice of you Tex.  Everything is bigger in Texas, including your imaginations.  Which in my opinion is the only thing your dinar speculation is....imagination.  Its never been done before in history at a 100,000%.  When something has never been done before in history, there is usually something that is preventing it.  In this case its called WORLD FISCAL PROCEDURE!  Hey, things are so bad economically right now in iraq, they are missing reparation payments to Kuwait.  Because iraq is an oil economy, this drop in oil prices is killing them.  No currency changes (rv,ri,rd) for quite a while. IMO.

• Upvote 1

And YOU speak of redundancy?  Maybe you should read through your last 500 posts, Caz.  You are a broken record of ridicule and sarcasm, NEVER contributing to the debate.  But as a paid shill for dinar pumpers, that's your job isn't it? Just my opinion of course.  I can't say "fact", because basically there is nothing about the dinar speculation that is based on "fact", just unsubstantiated guru hype, just my opinion of course!