Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

why has the CBI kept the exchange rate at 1166 to 1

dontlop

Thanks keep your the one with the real sources I forgot

Too much coffee for ya today keep.

You ever gonna reveal your sources that you based all your claims

Or just admit there were no sources , you just made that crap up for attention

Thanks keep your the one with the real sources I forgot

Too much coffee for ya today keep.

You ever gonna reveal your sources that you based all your claims

Or just admit there were no sources , you just made that crap up for attention

Your not important enough to be on the inside scoop...Also the way you babble, your too much of a risk to know the secret stuff, and at a minimum you have to be able to understand the difference between a revaluation and a redenomination. That alone counts you out buddy....sorry

• Downvote 2

LEMMING EFFECT - the uncontrollable urge to follow others over the cliff while reciting a very unusual mantra described as "GOOOOOOORVVVVVVVVV!!!!!!".  This dementia has no documented history before 2007.  It has left experts puzzled as to why seemingly "normal" people would allow themselves to be swindled in such an obvious manner.  Patients suffering from this rare disorder are frequently observed using verbage such as, " let's pull the trigger",

"I heard it from a bank employee", the GOI is seated!", we're out of Chapter 7", they are reducing the large bills", "they are printing the small denoms", "just frigging do it!", and a very unusual term which analysts can't understand, "there's only 83 TRILLION dinar in the M2, so what's the problem?"  The lobster therapy team understands the underlying cause of this loss of rational thought, and is here to help any lemming who seeks passage out of this serious delusion.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

So today I prepared a nice balanced dinner with a nice salad , I set the table with my best dinner ware and then I got out a can of regular dog food and put it in a bowl like a normal dinner for me and my dog.

Then I put my dog on the table and I are his dog food out of his bowl on the floor

It was crazy

My dog ate that food so fast he was like choking on it but that didn't slow him down

I could hardly eat that dog food

So when he got done he jumped off the table and ran over to his bowl that I was using and started growling at me really visiously showing his teeth , and finally he bit me so I was stunned so I backed off then he gobbled down the dog food , now he's like buddy buddy hangin around like nothing happened

So I'm thinking about feeding him some meatballs later , raw of course he likes them like that

But I'm gonna put a Alka seltzer in each meat ball then give hi some beer

He likes beer

But I'll show him

I'm gonna laugh at him when he's foaming at the mouth

I'm thinking of making a video for him foaming to watch while I'm at work

• Upvote 1

To the koolaide krew.  If the CBI redenominates requiring in-house exchange, and all you lemmings lose ALL your money, will you apologise to everyone who you convinced to "stay the course", "don't sell yet, we're almost there", "if you sell now, you will always regret it, when the big RV comes", and other such pressuring baloney?  Nobody knows whats going to happen.  But when you put all the facts and figures on the pan balance, its quite obvious that there will never be a big instantaneous RV making you rich.  It is far more likely to do nothing at all for quite a long time with a zero dropping RD at the end.  BAd news for the dream team.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Man my dog just ate all those meatballs

It went terribly wrong

Once he started drinking the beer it was a terrible mess

Raw foamy hamburger and foamy beer every where

He was running around with beer , foam , and raw hamburger shooting out every where

All over the furniture and carpet

I couldn't catch him he was running to fast like some sort of wild dog with rabbies

I'm never doing that again

Yuk it stinks In here

Edited by dontlop

Why don't you do your nonsense writing somewhere else for a change?  Like take it upstairs.  I'm sure you'll get all kinds of "emeralds" from your fellow dinarian buddies with all your crap about dogs.  Take it up there.  You belong up there.  The lobster pot is for serious debate.  Your rantings should get you banned from the pot.  But they fit right in upstairs in the koolaide korner.  We lobsters are tired of you delusional rantings.  

• Upvote 1

I'm tired of your nonsensical ramblings Ewing you don't make any sense being here or anywhere your relatives are not here ewingm so quit lying about being here to help your relatives

Now show me where there are stairs around here

We lopsters ah ha ha ha

Your the only one here ewingm

Unless you go change your name again

Now show me the stairs your referring to

Talking about my dog is way more intellectual than talking to you and your unsubstantiated bs

Up stairs huh

What stairs ?

To the koolaide krew.  If the CBI redenominates requiring in-house exchange, and all you lemmings lose ALL your money, will you apologise to everyone who you convinced to "stay the course", "don't sell yet, we're almost there", "if you sell now, you will always regret it, when the big RV comes", and other such pressuring baloney?  Nobody knows whats going to happen.  But when you put all the facts and figures on the pan balance, its quite obvious that there will never be a big instantaneous RV making you rich.  It is far more likely to do nothing at all for quite a long time with a zero dropping RD at the end.  BAd news for the dream team.

So if the Rv happens and your lopster theroy never comes true will you and your band of merry stoned men compensate those you duped. Ewingm tell me about Rob  Saunders aka Sam I am. Who is he? what does he do for a living? ect ect

• Downvote 1

The lopsters are hanging around for nothing

They been preaching a lop for the last 5 years and it never happens

Never happens

Ewingm will be here for the next 50 years reaching about his fantasy lop that never happens he's most likely a lemming

He's chugging the lop kool aide right now

• Upvote 1

The lopsters are hanging around for nothing

They been preaching a lop for the last 5 years and it never happens

Never happens

Ewingm will be here for the next 50 years reaching about his fantasy lop that never happens he's most likely a lemming

He's chugging the lop kool aide right now

Apparently you drank a little glass of it yourself there pookie....

• Downvote 1

Iran has steadily worked to bring down the Iraqi Government in favor of a Shiite Islamic republic fashioned on its own model, particularly in the oil-producing south around Basra.

Saudi Arabia, which does not want to see an Iranian-style government on its borders, is working on assembling and organizing exiled Iraqi dissidents who are former officers and officials of the ruling Baath party.

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/92667-iqd-backing/page-12#ixzz3CFryKBTF

Why is tapping into foreign reserves a solution? When the market expects devaluation, downward pressure placed on the currency can really only be offset by an increase in the interest rate. In order to increase the rate, the central bank has to shrink the money supply, which in turn increases demand for the currency. (>>>>The bank can do this by selling off foreign reserves to create a capital outflow. When the bank sells a portion of its foreign reserves, it receives payment in the form of the domestic currency, which it holds out of circulation as an asset.<<<<)<<<<<currency auctions?

http://www.oilgasdaily.com/m/reports/US_not_an_open_market_for_Kurdish_oil_Baghdad_says_999.html

Example 1: Latin American Crisis of 1994 On December 20, 1994, the Mexican peso was devalued. The Mexican economy had improved greatly since 1982, when it last experienced upheaval, and interest rates on Mexican securities were at positive levels.

Several factors contributed to the subsequent crisis:

Economic reforms from the late 1980s, which were designed to limit the country\'s oft-rampant inflation, began to crack as the economy weakened.

The assassination of a Mexican presidential candidate in March of 1994 sparked fears of a currency sell off.

The central bank was sitting on an estimated $28 billion in foreign reserves, which were expected to keep the peso stable. In less than a year, the reserves were gone.

The central bank began converting short-term debt, denominated in pesos, into dollar-denominated bonds. The conversion resulted in a decrease in foreign reserves and an increase in debt.

A self-fulfilling crisis resulted when investors feared a default on debt by the government.

When the government finally decided to devalue the currency in December of 1994, it made major mistakes. It did not devalue the currency by a large enough amount, which showed that while still following the pegging policy, it was unwilling to take the necessary painful steps. This led foreign investors to push the peso exchange rate drastically lower, which ultimately forced the government to increase domestic interest rates to nearly 80%. This took a major toll on the country\'s GDP, which also fell. The crisis was finally alleviated by an emergency loan from the United States.

Example 2: Asian Crisis of 1997

Southeast Asia was home to the "tiger" economies, and the Southeast Asian crisis. Foreign investment had poured in for years. Underdeveloped economies experience rapid rates of growth and high levels of exports. The rapid growth was attributed to capital investment projects, but the overall productivity did not meet expectations. While the exact cause of the crisis is disputed, Thailand was the first to run into trouble. Much like Mexico, Thailand relied heavily on foreign debt, causing it to teeter on the brink of illiquidity. Primarily, real estate dominated investment was inefficiently managed. Huge current account deficits were maintained by the private sector, which increasingly relied on foreign investment to stay afloat. This exposed the country to a significant amount of foreign exchange risk. This risk came to a head when the United States increased domestic interest rates, which ultimately lowered the amount of foreign investment going into Southeast Asian economies. Suddenly, the current account deficits became a huge problem, and a financial contagion quickly developed. The Southeast Asian crisis stemmed from several key points:

As fixed exchange rates became exceedingly difficult to maintain, many Southeast Asian currencies dropped in value.

Southeast Asian economies saw a rapid increase in privately-held debt, which was bolstered in several countries by overinflated asset values. Defaults increased as foreign capital inflows dropped off.

Foreign investment may have been at least partially speculative, and investors may not have been paying close enough attention to the risks involved.

Lessons Learned

There several key lessons from these crises:

An economy can be initially solvent and still succumb to a crisis. Having a low amount of debt is not enough to keep policies functioning.

Trade surpluses and low inflation rates can diminish the extent at which a crisis impacts an economy, but in case of financial contagion, speculation limits options in the short run.

Governments will often be forced to provide liquidity to private banks, which can invest in short-term debt that will require near-term payments. If the government also invests in short-term debt, it can run through foreign reserves very quickly.

Maintaining the fixed exchange rate does not make a central bank's policy work simply on face value. While announcing intentions to retain the peg can help, investors will ultimately look at the central bank's ability to maintain the policy. The central bank will have to devalue in a sufficient manner in order to be credible.

The Bottom Line

Growth in developing countries is generally positive for the global economy, but growth rates that are too rapid can create instability, and a higher chance of capital flight and runs on the domestic currency. Efficient central bank management can help, but predicting the route an economy will ultimately take is a tough journey to map out.

All of that C/P is lovely, secret lobsterman, but it has nothing to do with this forum..  People bought dinars for ONLY one reason.  It wasn't for long term investment, it wasn't to throw your money away for seven years to see if you might break even, it wasn't for no piddly one cent rv.  It was for a massive millionaire making RV of HISTORIC PROPORTIONS!!  To make you millionaires required the 100,000% revalue that I keep touting.  We ALL realize now, that that was a fantacy.  A SCAM.  But to save face, dinarians,(the reasonable ones, ie, NOT my relatives), are now changing their investment perspectives to say that they knew it might take generations to occur, or a one cent, or ten cent RV is just fine.  But that's NOT why every dinarian bougjt into this scheme.  They bought in to get RICH!  I just wish you people would be honest about it, instead of making up excuses.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2