Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Did Something Happen to the DV site

They were gone to just a white screen on lots of people's then I saw Adams and yotas go last

I changed my password and cleared my history and cookies then rebooted

At first I just cleared my history and cookies then rebooted

Didn't work

So I also included changing my pass word and then rebooted and when I logged back in it was back to normal

I don't know if the staff fixed it in the mean time or what that's why I asked if they got there's back too

Yotas turned into a xbox ad

Adams was some kind of add too

Now everything is back to normal

I haven't been able to cut and paste anything here for a long time... and as of a few days ago I can only access DV via a link in my email. When I try to do it straight from a search on internet it always says page can't be found... STRANGENESS!

Also wanted to add that I am unable to click on the "quote" option to reply to others posts so that is why I always just make a whole new post to reply or give a response to someone. That too has been for a long time. I just never really complained about it but it is weird though.

Edited by Djorgie
  • Upvote 1

To resolve this problem, use the following steps.

Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.

Double-click Add/Remove Programs.

In the Add/Remove Programs dialog box, click Microsoft Internet Explorer, and then click Change/Remove.

In the Internet Explorer and Internet Tools dialog box, click Repair Internet Explorer, and then click OK.

My Computer and Windows Explorer may now function as expected.

I noticed my browser was changed also from google to yahoo

Sometimes your internet explorer gets damaged and ya got to do a repair on it to allow it to function correctly

That includes copy past , and posting sending all kinds of stuff

Just run a two minute internet explorer fix and see if that clears it up

I saw buutifldrm picture was changed also last night

Someone was in her stuff same with yours yota and Adams your avatars were different

You had an x box comercial fit your avatar yota

Just sayin

Someone or something was here last night

Nothing came back for me until I changed my picture , password , and deleted history Cookies , and rebooted my phone

It wasn't easy to figure it out but once I changed my password then it all came back

Edited by dontlop

Just curious - could the ones that had problems, let me know if they were on their phone or pc when they started having problems. If on your pc - were you using IE as your browser.

I use FireFox and experienced none of the above issues. I was also on my laptop and not on my phone. It always helps to know how you are accessing the site when trying to solve a problem. :surgeon:

:cowboy2:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I was on my phone granny

But people who couldn't copy and paste I read they could have internet explorer problems

That are repairable

Granny if you look at caz avatar in the lop section

His avatar is what everyone else's looked like last night just a white box in a white box

Including mine

At the end there was a few still remaining with their avatars in tact

But yotas and Adams avatars were also changed just for awhile till I got my phone all cleared out then everything was back to normal for me

I just asked caz in the tank about his avatar which has been like that for about a week

TG, I was on my laptop computer using IE explorer. I haven't been able to copy & paste for months, so that part wasn't new. But the posting and emoticons and the avatars - that all changed late yesterday evening right after my computer did an automatic update on software. I'm not sure, but I'm thinking it was Windows updates, but it could have been IE. I rebooted right after then and no change. Hmmmmm.......and everything is still messed up this morning.

• Downvote 1

TG, I was on my laptop computer using IE explorer. I haven't been able to copy & paste for months, so that part wasn't new. But the posting and emoticons and the avatars - that all changed late yesterday evening right after my computer did an automatic update on software. I'm not sure, but I'm thinking it was Windows updates, but it could have been IE. I rebooted right after then and no change. Hmmmmm.......and everything is still messed up this morning.

TG, looks like no problem for me. I just cut and pasted this.  I don't use IE. I use firefox on this computer. Never saw any problems. 

People should switch to firefox or chrome and reboot.  Don't know anyone using IE anymore.
  • Upvote 2

I haven't been able to copy and paste here for a few months and quit trying.  I use my pc to access this site and I've used IE and foxfire both to log in... I'm not computer smart so I don't know what the problem is or what to do to correct it so I just look at everyone else's pictures and go about my business.

To resolve this problem, use the following steps.

Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.

Double-click Add/Remove Programs.

In the Add/Remove Programs dialog box, click Microsoft Internet Explorer, and then click Change/Remove.

In the Internet Explorer and Internet Tools dialog box, click Repair Internet Explorer, and then click OK.

My Computer and Windows Explorer may now function as expected.

There is no Add/Remove Programs in the Windows 7 Pro Control Panel. And in the list of programs there is no Microsoft Internet Explorer to click uninstall or repair on. What a pain in the arse...

I access from my laptop with Windows 7 and still use IE so, maybe that's the problem. I can cut and paste anywhere else though so odd that I just can't do it here... and it would make it more convenient to be able to use the "quote" option. Anyway, I'll try to do a fix as someone suggested.

Thanks you!

Djorgie - you are using IE and Windows 7? That's exactly what I'm using. And your avatar is showing (at least to me) and mine isn't. So could it still be an IE problem if you're not having the same problems that I am? I have a weird avatar, I have no options when I try to post, like the emoticons, color, font size, etc. That entire panel is completely gone. And when I try to post, I have to use "More Reply Options" and then there's about 3 more steps I must take in order to get my posts to show up. So with me, it's not just a copy and paste problem. That's the least of my worries right now. :( (I'm inputting that emoticon manually and I think it'll actually show up as a frown face.)

And I can't edit anything at all. I just tried and no go. There's only one more step after I click on the "More Reply Options" rather than three. Sorry about that.

• Upvote 1

Okay, I can see everyone's avatars, and my emoticons are back.  Still can't copy and paste, or respond to someone's quote.  I went to my "Tools" section on the above bar, sorry guys I have no clue of computer knowledge, much less the lingo. I deleted the browsing history and it has brought me to where I'm at. 

I have IE, windows 8. I think???  I was on my laptop last night.  On my IPhone, all the Iraqi news sections I do not see at all. 

I'm like Barb, :wave: been like this for months, kind of giving up, I think I'm past the frustration, I just want to fade off into the horizon and wait for this thing to RV.