Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Rumored...Iraq has not met obligations for entry into WTO.

Luigi1

from other newhound sources...

1-10-14-Guru Kaperoni and Iraq News.

It is unlikely Iraq will get into the WTO any time soon. It could be a year or more...it is clearly documented by the WTO...that Iraq has not met conditions set forth for accession.

In addition, Maliki may call off elections by calling for martial law to be put in place due to the upsurge in terrorism. Maliki has also gone back on his word to move the economy forward after appointing his own finance committee.

Will this have any impact on the timing of the RV or will it be shelved till next year? Your thoughts.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

I saw today that Iraq HAS NOT been accepted as full member to WTO. They are slated for full membership

in 2016.

Good find. I also read in Iraq Business News the other day that merchants are worried Iraq will be placed back in C7 due to Maliki policies of stopping economic progress through Iran influences.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I tend to think of WTO like a fitness center that I want to join and Iraq as my house... so I have to follow the rules to join the fitness center  but what I want to do with my house in a way is my business.  I can raise the heat in my house to 80 degrees and the fitness center doesn't have anything to say about that unless  they are paying my bills :)  just my thought 

• Upvote 1

.... and Iraq doesn't HAVE to join either.

They can do what they please WHEN they please.

Basel III compliance doesn't complete til 2019, and Iraq is #7 in oil production.

Iraq holds the cards and they know it, and they can drift along like this and blame it all on instability and lack of infrastructure.

Everyone can kiss their ass, they don't have to kiss anyone else's for a long while.