Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Duck Dynasty Star makes anti-*** statement! It's an interview!

DiveDeepSix

Pea Pod.... LMAO

Maggie my friend......I respectfully ask you to refrain from using the name I gave DD6.  That is a long running funny between him and I......now I feel like I can't use it, without it coming off as derogatory.  It sort of inadvertently places me in the middle.....not a place I like to be.  Thanks.   :peace: 

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 1

Yea... Yea,,, That dude got away with not murder but blasting innocent people.

No DeepDiveSix,,,, Huaghty name as it is...

Pea Pod.... LMAO

Sorry Big Guy.

Nobody Gets To Bash Gays... Not You... Not Me.

Not You Either

no one bashed anyone! you have a right to be ***, he has a right to not like it. a and e, knew they were christians, he quoted the bible, which hasnt changed in a billion years, its well known what the bible says.

so because he answered a relgiious question, he is banned for his religion.

so he doesnt have freedom of religion nor freedom of speech?

the percentage of lgtb is under 5%. so he offended what 1% of the shows viewers.

what about an athlete who says he doesnt like the other team? he offended all the other team and al there fans. should he be fired.

a/e needs to be sued. they knew phils religious background was the main point of the show. a/e knew he was christian, yet engaged in a contract. now they want to ban him because of all those religious beliefs. ahh an attorneys dream

• Upvote 1

I understand... I will not use that name.

Thank You.   :) 

no one bashed anyone! you have a right to be ***, he has a right to not like it. a and e, knew they were christians, he quoted the bible, which hasnt changed in a billion years, its well known what the bible says.

so because he answered a relgiious question, he is banned for his religion.

so he doesnt have freedom of religion nor freedom of speech?

the percentage of lgtb is under 5%. so he offended what 1% of the shows viewers.

what about an athlete who says he doesnt like the other team? he offended all the other team and al there fans. should he be fired.

a/e needs to be sued. they knew phils religious background was the main point of the show. a/e knew he was christian, yet engaged in a contract. now they want to ban him because of all those religious beliefs. ahh an attorneys dream

:huh:

GO RV, then BV

my view, you want to be ***, joy for you. you want to bring it in my zone, you can be ***, but dont think i will give away my right, to tell you how i feel. then you have the right to walk away and do it elsewhere.

how qbout the lgtb whining about rights, as they try to take your rights away.

you have a right to do so, i have a right to not like it.

there should be civil unions and equal rights. but marriage is between a man, woman, and god. dont tell me i have to change my church or my religion, so you can feel normailzed about your oreintation.

like i said equal rights under the gov and laws, telling religious people they have to change there religion is not your right.

you have the right, until you start trampling on someone elses right

• Upvote 4

Maggie, I defy you to show how I bashed gays.  Doesn't happen.  I'm a Christian.  I have gays in my immediate family.  They are loved and accepted just like every other family member.  That doesn't mean I (or anyone else) is required to believe their choices are correct OR incorrect, just like they are not required to believe MY choices are correct OR incorrect. 

My only issue about this matter (and that I shared in my post above) is that a large contingency of Americans feel they solely hold the right to determine WHICH speech is Free speech and which isn't.  It's all right for them to publicly decry someone's personal choices but it's not OK for anyone else to decry any person's personal choices.  It's OK for the PC to express their opinions about anything/everything, but it's wrong for anyone else to do the same thing.

After all, in the GQ Magazine interview, Phil was asked to express his religious opinions.  He did.  Would it have been more acceptable for him to lie about how he feels?  (The the PC-ers would have cried foul that he lied.....)

• Upvote 3

what people do in their bedrooms and homes is their business. i have a few friends who are ***, but they dont bring it in my face. just as i dont bring my bedroom drama in there face either. we coexist as friends and will until the day, they bring that persona in my zone. i dont get the pesona, it has nothing to do with where you put your thingy.

id care less if you put your thingy in a mouse trap telling me, i need to change, i need to accept it, or i need to yield my rights of speech and religion, is over the top

• Upvote 1

Hey......"Dang it" the POS network caved......or......."Dang it" Shabs was right?    :shrug:   I will continue to watch the show.....I think they're funny as hell.   :peace: 

GO RV, then BV

Network.  Not to worry about the name Mr. Bourne LOL, it was given to me by you when I said Obama and Hitler were like two peas in a pod!! :peace: PeaPod ROFL :twothumbs: 

Here's the irony in all this:  It is OK in America for some people to demean anyone who expresses an opinion in opposition to theirs.  That's perfectly acceptable.  However, if the exact opposite happens -- someone bashes them for their opinion -- that person is either racist or homophobic, even if the opinion has nothing to do with race or sex!  We now live in the United States of Political Correctness.  And unfortunately, if you are a Bible reading, Scripture quoting, professing Christian, the PC-ers have determined your character and personality automatically have defaulted to Racist-Homophobe.  This is the ultimate illustration of "Perception is Reality."  That phrase formerly applied to advertising and marketing, but has evolved into being the mantra of the Politically Correct.  However, THEY own the sole right to determine when, to whom, and to what extent being PC applies.  Only they can determine what is and/or what is NOT right, acceptable, truthful, and wrong.

And if you disagree with any of their determinations....you're a racist homophobe!

P.S.  i know the Robertson family members personally.  What America sees on their show is literally the way they live their lives and have for 40 years.  The primary reason Americans embrace them is their obvious sincerity and family devotion.  It's pretty safe for one to say they're not very much like the Kardashians!

That's because liberals have no facts to back them up, when someone proves them wrong they automatically go into name calling LOL  knuckledraggers, biblethumpers, gunlovers, cavepeople, racists, homophobes, etc.  Actually those are all pretty good names, except knuckledragger if I were one of those I would have played basketball instead of football!  :eyebrows: 

• Upvote 1

what people do in their bedrooms and homes is their business. i have a few friends who are ***, but they dont bring it in my face. just as i dont bring my bedroom drama in there face either. we coexist as friends and will until the day, they bring that persona in my zone. i dont get the pesona, it has nothing to do with where you put your thingy.

id care less if you put your thingy in a mouse trap telling me, i need to change, i need to accept it, or i need to yield my rights of speech and religion, is over the top

Well said Sand, I'm in the same position, I have a *** friend, I didn't know he was *** when we became friends, so I'd be a real POS if we weren't friends after I found out.  I told him I'm fine with what he does in the PRIVACY of his own home, don't ever hit on me, and don't ever make out with your (friend) in front of me.  Same reason I don't make out with my wife in public, there is a time and place for it.  However you don't see straight pride marches, or straights making a big deal of it, we are not trying to ram our beliefs down everyone elses throats (again, no pun intended).  At the same time we are getting sick of them trying to convince us that what they are doing is acceptable to all, because it isn't!  It wouldn't even be an issue if they didn't make it one.

• Upvote 3

BOYCOTT A&E, BOYCOTT A&E, BOYCOTT A&E

... AT LEAST UNTIL THEY UNDO THEIR HIATUS ( BAN) OF MR. PHIL ROBERTSON FROM THE SHOW.

OUR FREEDOM OF SPEECH RIGHTS AS CHRISTIANS ARE AT RISK IF WE SIT BACK AND DO NOTHING.

The family should sue the pants off of A&E for A&E's violation of their Civil Rights and Freedom of Speech Rights. Move the show to JTV, CBN, GOD TV,  RFD TV, The CMT Channel, or even The Hunting Channel and change the name of the show to Duck Commander Dynasty if need be. As for me and mine I will block the A&E channel at my house until Mr. Phil comes back, free to speak as he will. A&E can throw up a disclaimer about the opinions of the Robertsons does not reflect the views of A&E, blah, blah, blah at the end of the show.

Voice your opinion, either way, to A&E at  feedbacktv@aenetworks.com  . Hopefully this will hit them in their pocket book and then they will find a way.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The Pussification Of America Continues .. :twocents:

No doubt!

Update MSN now has a running poll on the DUCK DYNASTY issue we are discussing, as of now it's:

Should A&E have suspended Phil Robertson from 'Duck Dynasty'?
  1. Yes; his comments were inappropriate.

16 %
    Yes; his comments were inappropriate.

45,408 votes

2. No; he is entitled to have an opinion.
    82 %
    No; he is entitled to have an opinion.

237,233 votes

3. I'm not sure.

2 %
    I'm not sure.

5,811 votes

Pretty much a landslide of people agreeing with the majority of us here on DV, it's not the norm, and he has his rights to free speech regardless what the POS network thinks, you'd think they would change their stance in a hurry when the majority watching disagrees big time with their decision.

Sorry gang so many great posts I'm out of pluses!  :twothumbs:   Hopefully Stud and the Prof will be along soon and I can use up some negs!  :eyebrows:

Voice your opinion, either way, to A&E at  feedbacktv@aenetworks.com  . Hopefully this will hit them in their pocket book and then they will find a way.

Agreed, thanks for the link kevin, I will do just that!  :twothumbs:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Shame a person is no longer allowed a opinion without repercussions in this country .

It's freedom of speech, not freedom from repercussions.

he quoted the bible, which hasnt changed in a billion years,

How can the bible be a billion years old when the earth is only 6000 years old?

Edited by flatdawg
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

This is what I sent to A&E this morning. Remember the link to A&E  feedbacktv@aenetworks.com  . You can send The Robertson's a shout of support and prayer by going on their Duck Commander site and clicking on their "Fan Feedback" link. Sorry I don't have that here and now.   NYK

BOYCOTT A&E, BOYCOTT A&E,
BOYCOTT A&E.

Yep, its official. I am blocking the A&E channel on my t.v. until you release & bring back Mr. Phil Robertson to The Duck Dynasty Show. Free to speak as he will.

I hope the entire family sues you collectively, and individually for your violation of their Civil Rights and Freedom of Speech. I have read the excerpts of that interview Mr. Phil had with GQ, its all over the internet, no where does he bash gays. He simply answered a question that was asked of him honestly, and he shared scripture in support of his position. His answers were far more diplomatic and appropriate than many could ever articulate.

The Bible, from the first page to the last page, has been defining what a Christian is and is not for well over 2000 years. This definition has never changed, and will never change. What many seem to have forgotten is that the Bible, the word of God, is meant to change people. People should never change the bible to suit their life choices. That would be a false belief, collectively a false church, if they did so; have done so.

I hope they move the Duck Dynasty Show to JTV, TBN, CBN, GOD TV, CMT, RFD TV, or even THE HUNTING CHANNEL. They can change the name to The Duck Commander Dynasty Show (I officially copy right that name on this day 12/13/2013. I further give the Robertson Family full license to use that name as they choose to, if they choose to.)

Instead of banishing Mr. Phil Robertson from the show you should have placed a disclaimer of some sort at the end of the show. Something to the effect of " The opinions expressed in this show are the opinions of others and do not necessarily  express the opinions, viewpoint, beliefs of A&E , blah, blah, blah.

I hope you now start worrying about how your choices will effect your ad revenue  for the offences you have promoted to the Christian community. 62% of the American population claim to be Christian, only 3-5% of Americans claim to be GLTG.

No I don't hate you, I am just deeply and sincerely hurt by your thoughtless actions.

Sincerely;

Kevin Foohey Sr.
  • Upvote 2

How can the bible be a billion years old when the earth is only 6000 years old?

<_<  :rolleyes:  :lol:  :lmao:

New update, looks like he's going to get more folks standing with him!  :twothumbs:

Louisiana governor defends 'Duck Dynasty' star
By Carrie Dann, NBC News

Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal jumped to the defense of Phil Robertson, the star of the A&E megahit “Duck Dynasty” who was indefinitely suspended from the program Wednesday after making graphic statements about homosexuality.

In a statement, Jindal praised Robertson and his family as “great citizens” of his home state, where the lucrative show is filmed, and he slammed the “politically correct crowd” for criticizing his comments.

“I don’t agree with quite a bit of stuff I read in magazine interviews or see on TV.  In fact, come to think of it, I find a good bit of it offensive,” Jindal said. “But I also acknowledge that this is a free country and everyone is entitled to express their views.  In fact, I remember when TV networks believed in the First Amendment. It is a messed up situation when Miley Cyrus gets a laugh, and Phil Robertson gets suspended.”

At first glance, the Indian-American convert to Roman Catholicism with a national political profile and the crossbow-wielding, bearded patriarch of a television show about a duck-hunting call business wouldn’t seem to be completely natural allies.

But some conservative Christians are arguing that Robertson, a self-described “Bible-thumper,” was singled out for expressing a religious belief that homosexuality is wrong.

Asked in an interview with GQ what he believes in sinful, Robertson replied “Start with homosexual behavior and just morph out from there. Bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men.”

Robertson also described the mechanics of homosexuality in explicit terms, saying that a woman’s anatomy is “more desirable” than a man’s.

“I'm just thinking: There's more there!” the reality star said. “She's got more to offer. I mean, come on, dudes! You know what I'm saying? But hey, sin: It's not logical, my man. It's just not logical."

A&E Networks said in a statement that Robertson’s “personal views in no way reflect those of A&E Networks, who have always been strong supporters and champions of the LGBT community.”

GLAAD, a top advocacy organization for the LGBT community, called the comments “vile and extreme” and said Robertson’s statements are “ littered with outdated stereotypes and blatant misinformation.”

Jindal was not the only prominent GOP political figure to weigh in on the controversy.

Former vice-presidential candidate Sarah Palin expressed her support for Robertson in a Facebook post.

“Free speech is an endangered species. Those “intolerants” hatin’ and taking on the Duck Dynasty patriarch for voicing his personal opinion are taking on all of us,” she said.

And Texas Sen. Ted Cruz posted on his Facebook page that Americans should be "deeply dismayed" about Robertson's treatment.

"Phil expressed his personal views and his own religious faith; for that, he was suspended from his job," he said. "In a free society, anyone is free to disagree with him--but the mainstream media should not behave as the thought police censoring the views with which they disagree."

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Wow, so we cant express our views any longer.  Damn America where art thou? I guess we really are turning into a police state first take God out of the school because it offends athiests, now the homosexuals? did you know they censor God in christmas songs in public and on the radio now?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Where'd you get that information?..........A&E.   :eyebrows: 

GO RV, then BV

It's more then 6,000 years old like Flat was claiming.  Heck, my mother in law has been around longer then that!  <_<  :P 

Wow, so we cant express our views any longer.  Damn America where art thou? I guess we really are turning into a police state first take God out of the school because it offends athiests, now the homosexuals? did you know they censor God in christmas songs in public and on the radio now?

I've heard that buddy, pathetic!  Our public school here still has God, Jesus, Christmas, and the Pledge in it, so I'm still hoping for the best that it remains as such. :peace:

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1