Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Obama’s Hunger Games Is a Prelude to Martial Law

Article by Dave Hodges

http://thecommonsenseshow.com/2013/10/30/obamas-hunger-games-is-a-prelude-to-martial-law/

Dave Hodges

October 30, 2013

The Common Sense Show

I have come to believe that America is poised to experience food riots. I have further come to believe that these food riots will precede riots which will likely occur when we have a banking holiday imposed on the American people. Congress is complicit with the Obama administration in cutting food stamp benefits for 50 million Americans with virtually no warning. On the surface this is reckless. The government is reducing life-sustaining benefits for a population which is conditioned to not seek out critical solutions to their daily problems.

Learned Helplessness

In 1967, Martin Seligman’s seminal research was published in the Journal of Experimental Psychology entitled, Failure to Escape Traumatic Shock. Seligman’s experiment led to the term often used today to describe why poor people do not take obvious steps to climb out of their poverty-stricken circumstances.   

In Seligman’s dog study, he used dogs that were shocked and at first, demonstrated the ability to escape.    

In the second phase of the experiment, when a barrier was erected, repeated shocks to the dogs led to them passively accepting the shocks.

In the third phase, when the barriers were removed, one would expect the dogs to return to escaping the shocks. Stunningly, even when the animal could see a clear path to escape, they continued to passively accept the shocks, hence the development of the “learned helplessness”. The dogs had been conditioned that their actions made no difference in the outcome, hence the term, learned helplessness.

Learned Helplessness and the Poor

Learned helplessness explains why so many poor people remain in their circumstances day after day, year after year and generation after generation. After so long, the recipients of Federal welfare programs such as food stamps have learned to become totally dependent on the government for their sustenance and as a result they become conditioned that their actions make no difference to the quality of their lives. Their life decisions become grounded in believing that success is rooted in luck which explains why the poor play the Lottery with far greater frequency than any one economic group.

Learned helplessness is a well chronicled psychological construct. The poor make for vulnerable victims and can easily be manipulated. The following is a humorous account of what learned helplessness looks like.

Learned helplessness, however, is no joking matter and these factors should be taken into account before cutting the welfare benefits of food stamp recipients. Symptoms of learned helplessness also include:

·         Passivity

·         Giving up

·         Procrastination

·         Decreased problem-solving ability

·         Frustration

·         Low self-esteem

The frustration aspect of learned helplessness is very concerning when it comes to the reduction of food stamp entitlements. The frustration element of this condition will put many poor people on the street in a desperate attempt to satisfy their basic needs. This cost reduction move, done in this manner and at this time, is a reckless and dangerous move which seriously and suddenly impacts the poor and the country as a whole.

Learned Helplessness, the Poor and Food Riots

One in six Americans are currently on food stamps. Most of the food stamp recipients are dependent and are in a state of learned helplessness. A whopping $80 billion was spent on the program last year, but now a significant cut will go into effect.

One in six Americans are on food stamps. Most of the food stamp recipients are dependent and are ina  state of learned helplessness. A whopping $80 billion was spent on the program last year, but a significant cut will go into effect.

On November 1, food stamp payments will decrease $36 per month for a family of four. This will prove to catastrophic for many poor families because each food stamp household receives an average of $272 per month.

On the Fox Business channel, anchor Neil Cavuto reported that the $80 million will go towards protecting government buildings from rioting American citizens. Cavuto proclaimed that, “This could be all Hell breaks loose day.” Actually, I believe that the danger date will not be November 1st. The damage being done to the poor needs time to coalesce. However, by mid-November, we will have some definitive answers as to whether this reckless action by the Obama administration will be the cause of widespread rioting and violence. Interesting to note that this event coincides with the timing of the Grid Ex II drill in which a “simulated” take down of the grid will occur beginning on November 13th. This coincidence opens a lot of possibilities.

Cavuto’s guest on the show, TeaParty.net Chief Strategist Niger Innis, said, “This is really frightening. We are on a slow march to becoming Greece. When 50 million people are on food stamps then you have a situation where it’s obvious that what government can give to you, government can take away.” In the long term, people will be better off if they are able to get off food stamps, argued Innis — even if the decrease in funding prompts violence in the short term.

I strongly disagree with Mr. Innis. Many poor people on welfare have been conditioned to be helpless and to demonstrate an external locus of control in which they seemingly cannot see the obvious solutions with regard to their life circumstances. However, even poor people will react to extreme hunger especially when it comes to their children, with vehemence and determination as natural human instincts will take over.

In the first stage of learned helplessness, the dogs do attempt to escape and they do so. The poor are conditioned that welfare is owed to them and if denied some of their “entitlement” they will demonstrate extreme frustration very early on when their full expected benefit is denied. Earlier this month, on October 14, we saw food stamp “riots” at two Louisiana Walmarts when the EBT cards were not working. What will happen when 50 million Americans do not have enough food stamps to sustain them until the end of the month? If individuals rioted after a couple of hours of having their EBT cards malfunction, what will happen when the food shortfall is permanent? The obvious answer is that they should look at improving their skills, getting a job and providing for themselves. However, as we now know, many poor people suffer from learned helplessness.  

Options for the Hungry Poor

What will food stamp recipients do when they do not have the resources to meet their basic needs? The answer is simple, they will do what any human being will do when they are hungry, they will take what they need.

When people lash out they generally victimize those who they have access to, their own. However, we could see entire neighborhoods who are hungry and desperate. They will then go to where the food is and we will have the beginning of food riots. This is predictable and the government should be firmly aware of this.

Obviously, the government has planned for this eventuality by spending $80 million dollars to protect government buildings and deploying personnel to prevent looting and damage to Federal buildings. Actually, the first target of a hungry mob will be the grocery and convenience stores. Disturbingly, the government does not seem concerned with protecting the merchant class. They only seem interested in protecting their own. This cavalier attitude which permits the protection of one’s own turf but seemingly ignoring the protection of obvious victims by a hungry mob constitutes depraved indifference to the highest degree. 

Is this really just a case of depraved indifference, or is it something more sinister?

Coincidence or Conspiracy?

On October 29th, I chronicled for listeners to the Voice of Russia in stations in New York City and Washington DC as well as in 39 countries how it is becoming increasingly apparent that American institutions such as the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) are moving with great rapidity towards the imposition of martial law through the purchase of 2.2 billion rounds of ammunition and 2700 armored personnel carriers. My article about the interview is chronicled here and the interview can be listened to at this link.  

The banking system is on the verge of collapse with a total debt load consisting of (1) $17 trillion dollars; (2) $238 trillion dollars of unfunded liabilities (e.g. Social Security, Medicare); and, (3) a derivatives debt of at least one quadrillion dollars. Please keep in mind that the entire wealth of the planet is placed at $65-75 trillion dollars. In short, there is no way to pay off these debts and the banking system is racing towards default as soon as they cannot pay the interest on these debts. Ultimately, the banks will collapse and the dollar will go down with them. This could trigger widespread civil unrest, perhaps, even a civil war. Shouldn’t the government be preparing? Maybe they are, just not in the way that we would anticipate.

Conclusion

Can there be any question that bank runs and subsequent riots lay in our future? How does the cutting of food stamp entitlements factor into this scenario?

The imposition of martial law is not a simple process in a country with the population and the size of the US. Assets would need to be prepositioned, deployed and ready to act.  

Please consider that the cutting of $36 of food stamp benefits cannot be considered a budget reduction matter if some of these people are going to riot. The cost alone of repairing a riot torn area, along with the cost of deploying troops will dwarf any federal savings with regard to these cuts. Therefore, I see the food stamp cuts as an antagonistic move by the Obama administration as a pretext to get troops on the street. Obama has to be aware of these facts. Obama had complete control over this situation as he could have issued an Executive Order to override the Congressional cuts.  And why have not the poor people been warned before now that these cuts were coming? Maybe some of them would have had time to prepare. Regardless, the short window between announcing the cuts and the actual implementation of these cuts was far too short.

If Obama can use food riots as an excuse to deploy troops, the government will be poised to deal with larger civil unrest when the banks fail. Perhaps some will consider these notions that I have set forth as “reaching”, however, when the Obama administration is acting with such reckless disregard towards both the poor and the merchant class that supplies them their food, one is forced to make sense out of the nonsensical.   

13 thoughts on “Obama’s Hunger Games Is a Prelude to Martial Law”
  1. All part of the Chocolate Messiah’s agenda ! Stock in food, water and wait.

2. Another brilliant article Dave, you really hit the nail on the head and tie in the psychological dilemma with regards to our welfare society. We could be very close to the end as the water is almost at a rolling boil and the frogs are ready to eat. Now would be a good time for everyone to prepare physically, mentally, and spiritually. We must now use all of our spiritual weapons to take down these strongholds or delay the inevitable collapse of our once great nation. To deny what Dave so passionately warns about would be suicide.

3. When I was a kid in WY, a man we knew who lived along the highway had a cattle guard painted on the paved approach to his house which was set back about 50 yards from the road. Cows will not cross this type of barrier, but dogs are different so when this guy got a new Labrador puppy, he would walk it up his driveway every day, then carry the pup back and forth across the “cattle guard.” For many years, whenever you drove by, this dog would charge up the driveway and stop at the edge of the painted barrier and bark his fool head off at passing cars. I felt sorry for him, denied his doggy right to chase cars, but he did live to a great old age, saved from getting hit on the road.

Hadn’t thought about that man and his dog in years….

4. Thank you Dave for another great article.

Many of your feature articles lately have been discussing the USA and World economy, with a lot of figures getting talked about. I just wanted to clarify of couple of things. GWP (gross world product), according to a number of sources is 85 trillion dollars (2012) dollars. Total assets for the USA is roughly 180 trillion dollars. Total assets for the entire world is 750 trillion dollars. I don’t know how these numbers are figured. Common sense would tell me that the figure is the net profit and loss figure (assets minus liabilities). When one considers that anywhere between 50-90% (depending on the source) of the world’s assets are owned by roughly 3500 people, it puts a much less fatalistic light on the world’s current financial mess. Debt forgiveness would hurt only the super rich. Debt forgiveness would IMMEDIATELY bring back the middle class and put most people back to work because the rich would need to get their money producing machine going full tilt right away. MOST of the world’s wealth has been produced by the USA in the past 100 years. I’ve seen figures of 300 – 500 trillion dollars being the amount that the Federal Reserve has STOLEN from the American people since 1913. If the masses were aware of how badly they have been taken advantage of by the satanic bankers, there would be immediate rioting in the streets.

Debt forgiveness is the ONLY solution and the rich know it.

God has a different plan and we need to be ready for that.

5. I talked to a RUSSIAN SOLDIER in the springs,(theres 450,000) of them in COLORADO,most are stationed at ft.carson,AIR FORCE guys I know tell me a lot of them live under the denver airport,in nice rooms,THEY ARE PAID 500.00 a DAY to be here,that says nothing of the germans,and 7-8 other groups of foreign military,I believe we have around 1.5 million-2million foreign troops in the USA,…RIGHT NOW,and they are being paid 500.00 a day to be in the USA, in full blown VIOLATION OF THE “MONROE DOCTRINE”,now a RUSSIAN army captain at wal-mart, told me they were here to do what ever they were ORDERED TO DO,I told him he might want to be careful what that is, or him and his people might be going home in a body bag……he said we’ll see……………

6. I live and work in the UAE as an expat. My contract is up in June 2014. I was planning on coming home but should I not? Should I also stop sending money to my bank back in CA?

7. Pingback: Obama’s Hunger Games Is a Prelude to Martial Law | BY THE BLOOD OF THE LAMB
  8. NOW,last summer I was in downtown TRINIDAD,co.THERE were groups of chinese kids.(20-30yr.old) walking around town,BOYS and GIRLS,in summer clothes,with back packs,with fully auto-matic AK-47′s in them,WELL you know I stopped them and asked how they got into the USA,with full auto weapons,AND WHAT WERE THEY DOING HERE,they came down from the springs,IN A FT.CARSON ARMY BUS,that someone in the ARMY loaned them,THEY said they were driving around COLORADO to see what towns they wanted to BE IN CHARGE OF,(they were deciding who was going to get what)they were all chinese army commanders,FROM CHINA,…….YOU GUYS THINK FOOD STAMPS ARE A PROBLEM?? …I got news for you, we got way bigger problems then food stamps……………..

9. “But when a long train of abuses and usurpations,pursuing invariably the same Object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government and to provide new Guards for their future Security.
    (Declaration of Independence)

What Obama is doing is not “reckless”. He has reckoned. His handlers have reckoned. They have a plan to starve us and wreck us and to get us to killing each other.

The obvious cure is for each family to take up some form of production to sustain itself.

The “Learned Helplessness” is by design. I have no idea how to break past that. Such people may be like the two stuck on the escalator, and just sit on the curb and starve to death. Some may start asking people for money. Some may bust into people’s houses, kill them and eat all the groceries — and then sit there in comfort while they starve to death.

Many millions have no idea at all about work or production. The parents were given an allowance when they were children, and graduated to the Big Allowance of Welfare when they became of age.

Many who are able to do so will take in a single woman with children and try to teach them to do something productive, with mixed results.

Obama has fixed the economy so that hardly anyone can just go out and get an entry-level position and start earning wages.

The Learned Helpless will hardly go door-to-door with a bucket and a squeegee offering to wash windows in exchange for a sandwich.

We cannot carry them on a silken cushion. “In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread . . .” Genesis 3:19

The Ten Commandments tell us TWICE, “Thou shalt not covet anything that is thy neighbor’s.” God knew what He was talking about when he told us not to covet. Now we have only a slim chance to recover from all this covetousness.

10. AND last, WE have a problem with more then food stamps,DHS is going around to ALL the reserve food warehouses in this country ,and their taking ALL the food to the LANDFILLS and burning it,CAN anyone say “FAMINE”..is coming to america,everyone better be getting ready, cause I see a SH*T STORM COMING and it won’t be a little one either,get out your BULLET PROOF UNBRELLA,cause your going to need it….RED DAWN,was a movie,I think it was a warning to everyone of whats coming,and judging by what I’ve seen in the last couple years,IT WAS A WARNING TO GET READY FOR WAR………………

11. You disagree that in the LONG TERM people are better off NOT being on food stamps? Surely that’s a typo. What’s the other option? Why not put the entire nation on food stamps then? We cannot afford an entire nation of helpless parasites who are not actually helpless.

EDITOR’S NOTE: I CHASTISE THE WELFARE STATE, HOWEVER, TO CUT BACK IN THIS DRAMATIC AND SUDDEN OF A FASHION IS TO COURT DISASTER.

12. Pingback: Obama’s Hunger Games Is a Prelude to Martial Law | RevolutionRadio.org
  13. Excellent job explaining why each generation goes deeper and deeper into assumed dependence. It’s not easy to live independently, but it can be done, and the rewards are great.

• Upvote 2

Maybe they will do what these people did to avoid being hungry.

In fact i own my entire life to being poor as a child, not having food at the end of the month, etc...

Guy Laliberté ate fire on the streets before introducing Cirque du Soleil to the world

John Paul DeJoria lived in his car before John Paul Mitchell Systems took off

Ursula Burns grew up in a housing project on Manhattan's Lower East Side and now runs Xerox

Howard Schultz grew up in the Brooklyn projects before discovering, and now leading, Starbucks

Li Ka-shing quit school at 15 to work in a plastics factory and is now the world's richest East Asian

Francois Pinault was a high school dropout who now leads luxury goods group PPR

Leonardo Del Vecchio was an orphaned factory worker whose eyeglasses empire today makes Ray-Bans and Oakleys

Kirk Kerkorian went from boxer and Royal Air Force pilot to Las Vegas mega-resort owner

Sheldon Adelson is another Las Vegas hotels magnate who tried his hand at a few industries

Ingvar Kamprad was born in a small village in Sweden and created a mail-order business that became IKEA

Roman Abramovich was an orphan who turned an expensive wedding gift into an oil empire

Richard Desmond went from living above a garage to creating an empire that published magazines like Penthouse

J.K. Rowling lived on welfare before creating the Harry Potter franchise

Before Sam Walton founded Wal-Mart, he milked cows and sold magazines in Oklahoma

Oprah Winfrey turned a life of hardship into inspiration for a multi-billion-dollar empire

http://www.businessinsider.com/rags-to-riches-stories-2011-11#now-try-to-follow-in-their-footsteps-16

• Upvote 4

Naa life is all about the choices YOU make.

I know

In 1958 I slept on steel springs covered with rag rugs on a  dirt floor .

If my dad didnt kill it. 

There was potatoes to eat and that was it.

When I was 9 I was given 3 16 GA  shells and 

shown how to hunt and provide for my family

while my dad worked for $1 a hour for a nursery.

Naw man you can use whatever crutch you want to use.

Oh my parents were drug addicts

Oh im black

Oh Im latino

Oh im a alcoholic

Oh I have 4 kids and the ole man ran off

It`s still about choices. 

• Upvote 4

Article by Dave Hodges

http://thecommonsenseshow.com/2013/10/30/obamas-hunger-games-is-a-prelude-to-martial-law/

Dave Hodges

October 30, 2013

The Common Sense Show

I have come to believe that America is poised to experience food riots. I have further come to believe that these food riots will precede riots which will likely occur when we have a banking holiday imposed on the American people. Congress is complicit with the Obama administration in cutting food stamp benefits for 50 million Americans with virtually no warning. On the surface this is reckless. The government is reducing life-sustaining benefits for a population which is conditioned to not seek out critical solutions to their daily problems.

Learned Helplessness

In 1967, Martin Seligman’s seminal research was published in the Journal of Experimental Psychology entitled, Failure to Escape Traumatic Shock. Seligman’s experiment led to the term often used today to describe why poor people do not take obvious steps to climb out of their poverty-stricken circumstances.   

In Seligman’s dog study, he used dogs that were shocked and at first, demonstrated the ability to escape.    

In the second phase of the experiment, when a barrier was erected, repeated shocks to the dogs led to them passively accepting the shocks.

In the third phase, when the barriers were removed, one would expect the dogs to return to escaping the shocks. Stunningly, even when the animal could see a clear path to escape, they continued to passively accept the shocks, hence the development of the “learned helplessness”. The dogs had been conditioned that their actions made no difference in the outcome, hence the term, learned helplessness.

Learned Helplessness and the Poor

Learned helplessness explains why so many poor people remain in their circumstances day after day, year after year and generation after generation. After so long, the recipients of Federal welfare programs such as food stamps have learned to become totally dependent on the government for their sustenance and as a result they become conditioned that their actions make no difference to the quality of their lives. Their life decisions become grounded in believing that success is rooted in luck which explains why the poor play the Lottery with far greater frequency than any one economic group.

Learned helplessness is a well chronicled psychological construct. The poor make for vulnerable victims and can easily be manipulated. The following is a humorous account of what learned helplessness looks like.

Learned helplessness, however, is no joking matter and these factors should be taken into account before cutting the welfare benefits of food stamp recipients. Symptoms of learned helplessness also include:

·         Passivity

·         Giving up

·         Procrastination

·         Decreased problem-solving ability

·         Frustration

·         Low self-esteem

The frustration aspect of learned helplessness is very concerning when it comes to the reduction of food stamp entitlements. The frustration element of this condition will put many poor people on the street in a desperate attempt to satisfy their basic needs. This cost reduction move, done in this manner and at this time, is a reckless and dangerous move which seriously and suddenly impacts the poor and the country as a whole.

Learned Helplessness, the Poor and Food Riots

One in six Americans are currently on food stamps. Most of the food stamp recipients are dependent and are in a state of learned helplessness. A whopping $80 billion was spent on the program last year, but now a significant cut will go into effect.

One in six Americans are on food stamps. Most of the food stamp recipients are dependent and are ina  state of learned helplessness. A whopping $80 billion was spent on the program last year, but a significant cut will go into effect.

On November 1, food stamp payments will decrease $36 per month for a family of four. This will prove to catastrophic for many poor families because each food stamp household receives an average of $272 per month.

On the Fox Business channel, anchor Neil Cavuto reported that the $80 million will go towards protecting government buildings from rioting American citizens. Cavuto proclaimed that, “This could be all Hell breaks loose day.” Actually, I believe that the danger date will not be November 1st. The damage being done to the poor needs time to coalesce. However, by mid-November, we will have some definitive answers as to whether this reckless action by the Obama administration will be the cause of widespread rioting and violence. Interesting to note that this event coincides with the timing of the Grid Ex II drill in which a “simulated” take down of the grid will occur beginning on November 13th. This coincidence opens a lot of possibilities.

Cavuto’s guest on the show, TeaParty.net Chief Strategist Niger Innis, said, “This is really frightening. We are on a slow march to becoming Greece. When 50 million people are on food stamps then you have a situation where it’s obvious that what government can give to you, government can take away.” In the long term, people will be better off if they are able to get off food stamps, argued Innis — even if the decrease in funding prompts violence in the short term.

I strongly disagree with Mr. Innis. Many poor people on welfare have been conditioned to be helpless and to demonstrate an external locus of control in which they seemingly cannot see the obvious solutions with regard to their life circumstances. However, even poor people will react to extreme hunger especially when it comes to their children, with vehemence and determination as natural human instincts will take over.

In the first stage of learned helplessness, the dogs do attempt to escape and they do so. The poor are conditioned that welfare is owed to them and if denied some of their “entitlement” they will demonstrate extreme frustration very early on when their full expected benefit is denied. Earlier this month, on October 14, we saw food stamp “riots” at two Louisiana Walmarts when the EBT cards were not working. What will happen when 50 million Americans do not have enough food stamps to sustain them until the end of the month? If individuals rioted after a couple of hours of having their EBT cards malfunction, what will happen when the food shortfall is permanent? The obvious answer is that they should look at improving their skills, getting a job and providing for themselves. However, as we now know, many poor people suffer from learned helplessness.  

Options for the Hungry Poor

What will food stamp recipients do when they do not have the resources to meet their basic needs? The answer is simple, they will do what any human being will do when they are hungry, they will take what they need.

When people lash out they generally victimize those who they have access to, their own. However, we could see entire neighborhoods who are hungry and desperate. They will then go to where the food is and we will have the beginning of food riots. This is predictable and the government should be firmly aware of this.

Obviously, the government has planned for this eventuality by spending $80 million dollars to protect government buildings and deploying personnel to prevent looting and damage to Federal buildings. Actually, the first target of a hungry mob will be the grocery and convenience stores. Disturbingly, the government does not seem concerned with protecting the merchant class. They only seem interested in protecting their own. This cavalier attitude which permits the protection of one’s own turf but seemingly ignoring the protection of obvious victims by a hungry mob constitutes depraved indifference to the highest degree. 

Is this really just a case of depraved indifference, or is it something more sinister?

Coincidence or Conspiracy?

On October 29th, I chronicled for listeners to the Voice of Russia in stations in New York City and Washington DC as well as in 39 countries how it is becoming increasingly apparent that American institutions such as the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) are moving with great rapidity towards the imposition of martial law through the purchase of 2.2 billion rounds of ammunition and 2700 armored personnel carriers. My article about the interview is chronicled here and the interview can be listened to at this link.  

The banking system is on the verge of collapse with a total debt load consisting of (1) $17 trillion dollars; (2) $238 trillion dollars of unfunded liabilities (e.g. Social Security, Medicare); and, (3) a derivatives debt of at least one quadrillion dollars. Please keep in mind that the entire wealth of the planet is placed at $65-75 trillion dollars. In short, there is no way to pay off these debts and the banking system is racing towards default as soon as they cannot pay the interest on these debts. Ultimately, the banks will collapse and the dollar will go down with them. This could trigger widespread civil unrest, perhaps, even a civil war. Shouldn’t the government be preparing? Maybe they are, just not in the way that we would anticipate.

Conclusion

Can there be any question that bank runs and subsequent riots lay in our future? How does the cutting of food stamp entitlements factor into this scenario?

The imposition of martial law is not a simple process in a country with the population and the size of the US. Assets would need to be prepositioned, deployed and ready to act.  

Please consider that the cutting of $36 of food stamp benefits cannot be considered a budget reduction matter if some of these people are going to riot. The cost alone of repairing a riot torn area, along with the cost of deploying troops will dwarf any federal savings with regard to these cuts. Therefore, I see the food stamp cuts as an antagonistic move by the Obama administration as a pretext to get troops on the street. Obama has to be aware of these facts. Obama had complete control over this situation as he could have issued an Executive Order to override the Congressional cuts.  And why have not the poor people been warned before now that these cuts were coming? Maybe some of them would have had time to prepare. Regardless, the short window between announcing the cuts and the actual implementation of these cuts was far too short.

If Obama can use food riots as an excuse to deploy troops, the government will be poised to deal with larger civil unrest when the banks fail. Perhaps some will consider these notions that I have set forth as “reaching”, however, when the Obama administration is acting with such reckless disregard towards both the poor and the merchant class that supplies them their food, one is forced to make sense out of the nonsensical.   

13 thoughts on “Obama’s Hunger Games Is a Prelude to Martial Law”
  1. All part of the Chocolate Messiah’s agenda ! Stock in food, water and wait.

2. Another brilliant article Dave, you really hit the nail on the head and tie in the psychological dilemma with regards to our welfare society. We could be very close to the end as the water is almost at a rolling boil and the frogs are ready to eat. Now would be a good time for everyone to prepare physically, mentally, and spiritually. We must now use all of our spiritual weapons to take down these strongholds or delay the inevitable collapse of our once great nation. To deny what Dave so passionately warns about would be suicide.

3. When I was a kid in WY, a man we knew who lived along the highway had a cattle guard painted on the paved approach to his house which was set back about 50 yards from the road. Cows will not cross this type of barrier, but dogs are different so when this guy got a new Labrador puppy, he would walk it up his driveway every day, then carry the pup back and forth across the “cattle guard.” For many years, whenever you drove by, this dog would charge up the driveway and stop at the edge of the painted barrier and bark his fool head off at passing cars. I felt sorry for him, denied his doggy right to chase cars, but he did live to a great old age, saved from getting hit on the road.

Hadn’t thought about that man and his dog in years….

4. Thank you Dave for another great article.

Many of your feature articles lately have been discussing the USA and World economy, with a lot of figures getting talked about. I just wanted to clarify of couple of things. GWP (gross world product), according to a number of sources is 85 trillion dollars (2012) dollars. Total assets for the USA is roughly 180 trillion dollars. Total assets for the entire world is 750 trillion dollars. I don’t know how these numbers are figured. Common sense would tell me that the figure is the net profit and loss figure (assets minus liabilities). When one considers that anywhere between 50-90% (depending on the source) of the world’s assets are owned by roughly 3500 people, it puts a much less fatalistic light on the world’s current financial mess. Debt forgiveness would hurt only the super rich. Debt forgiveness would IMMEDIATELY bring back the middle class and put most people back to work because the rich would need to get their money producing machine going full tilt right away. MOST of the world’s wealth has been produced by the USA in the past 100 years. I’ve seen figures of 300 – 500 trillion dollars being the amount that the Federal Reserve has STOLEN from the American people since 1913. If the masses were aware of how badly they have been taken advantage of by the satanic bankers, there would be immediate rioting in the streets.

Debt forgiveness is the ONLY solution and the rich know it.

God has a different plan and we need to be ready for that.

5. I talked to a RUSSIAN SOLDIER in the springs,(theres 450,000) of them in COLORADO,most are stationed at ft.carson,AIR FORCE guys I know tell me a lot of them live under the denver airport,in nice rooms,THEY ARE PAID 500.00 a DAY to be here,that says nothing of the germans,and 7-8 other groups of foreign military,I believe we have around 1.5 million-2million foreign troops in the USA,…RIGHT NOW,and they are being paid 500.00 a day to be in the USA, in full blown VIOLATION OF THE “MONROE DOCTRINE”,now a RUSSIAN army captain at wal-mart, told me they were here to do what ever they were ORDERED TO DO,I told him he might want to be careful what that is, or him and his people might be going home in a body bag……he said we’ll see……………

6. I live and work in the UAE as an expat. My contract is up in June 2014. I was planning on coming home but should I not? Should I also stop sending money to my bank back in CA?

7. Pingback: Obama’s Hunger Games Is a Prelude to Martial Law | BY THE BLOOD OF THE LAMB
  8. NOW,last summer I was in downtown TRINIDAD,co.THERE were groups of chinese kids.(20-30yr.old) walking around town,BOYS and GIRLS,in summer clothes,with back packs,with fully auto-matic AK-47′s in them,WELL you know I stopped them and asked how they got into the USA,with full auto weapons,AND WHAT WERE THEY DOING HERE,they came down from the springs,IN A FT.CARSON ARMY BUS,that someone in the ARMY loaned them,THEY said they were driving around COLORADO to see what towns they wanted to BE IN CHARGE OF,(they were deciding who was going to get what)they were all chinese army commanders,FROM CHINA,…….YOU GUYS THINK FOOD STAMPS ARE A PROBLEM?? …I got news for you, we got way bigger problems then food stamps……………..

9. “But when a long train of abuses and usurpations,pursuing invariably the same Object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government and to provide new Guards for their future Security.

(Declaration of Independence)

What Obama is doing is not “reckless”. He has reckoned. His handlers have reckoned. They have a plan to starve us and wreck us and to get us to killing each other.

The obvious cure is for each family to take up some form of production to sustain itself.

The “Learned Helplessness” is by design. I have no idea how to break past that. Such people may be like the two stuck on the escalator, and just sit on the curb and starve to death. Some may start asking people for money. Some may bust into people’s houses, kill them and eat all the groceries — and then sit there in comfort while they starve to death.

Many millions have no idea at all about work or production. The parents were given an allowance when they were children, and graduated to the Big Allowance of Welfare when they became of age.

Many who are able to do so will take in a single woman with children and try to teach them to do something productive, with mixed results.

Obama has fixed the economy so that hardly anyone can just go out and get an entry-level position and start earning wages.

The Learned Helpless will hardly go door-to-door with a bucket and a squeegee offering to wash windows in exchange for a sandwich.

We cannot carry them on a silken cushion. “In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread . . .” Genesis 3:19

The Ten Commandments tell us TWICE, “Thou shalt not covet anything that is thy neighbor’s.” God knew what He was talking about when he told us not to covet. Now we have only a slim chance to recover from all this covetousness.

10. AND last, WE have a problem with more then food stamps,DHS is going around to ALL the reserve food warehouses in this country ,and their taking ALL the food to the LANDFILLS and burning it,CAN anyone say “FAMINE”..is coming to america,everyone better be getting ready, cause I see a SH*T STORM COMING and it won’t be a little one either,get out your BULLET PROOF UNBRELLA,cause your going to need it….RED DAWN,was a movie,I think it was a warning to everyone of whats coming,and judging by what I’ve seen in the last couple years,IT WAS A WARNING TO GET READY FOR WAR………………

11. You disagree that in the LONG TERM people are better off NOT being on food stamps? Surely that’s a typo. What’s the other option? Why not put the entire nation on food stamps then? We cannot afford an entire nation of helpless parasites who are not actually helpless.

EDITOR’S NOTE: I CHASTISE THE WELFARE STATE, HOWEVER, TO CUT BACK IN THIS DRAMATIC AND SUDDEN OF A FASHION IS TO COURT DISASTER.

12. Pingback: Obama’s Hunger Games Is a Prelude to Martial Law | RevolutionRadio.org
  13. Excellent job explaining why each generation goes deeper and deeper into assumed dependence. It’s not easy to live independently, but it can be done, and the rewards are great.

Yep that is the plan. When the riots(planned) break out. next you will see martial law. Planned! Next you will see the Constitution of the United States be completely floshed and then you will see the likes of marxistkenyansodomitepresident declare himself as United States  Dictator.     Just my humble opinion.

• Upvote 1

Trying to wade through Hodges meanderings in effort to figure out wtf he's actually saying is kind of like a chasing a kitty cat on acid through a rocking chair factory....

After he theoretically and conceptually butchers "learned helplessness" we dart past failing banks into riots... and then something else happens, all of which we could apparently avoid if we did.... well I'm not sure what....

Learned helplessness is engendered through experiencing some inability to avoid an adverse situation.... even if there is in fact the actual power to perhaps change the circumstance. I don't remember what Marty did with dogs but when it came to people in his attempt to understand depression and other components of mental illness, his experimentation led him to suggest the following core features of the learned helplessness phenomenon:

(1) following an uncontrollable situation, people exhibit a variety of learning, motivational, and emotional deficits, including increased vulnerability to depression and anxiety; (2) previous exposure to controllable aversive events immunizes people against learned helplessness; and (3) forced exposure to controllable contingencies reverses learned helplessness.

Mr. Hodges has to really bend, ignore and re-invent what Seligman said, meant and applied, in order to somehow connect food stamp recipients to this concept... 

The world is frustrating and we all want someone or something to blame.... and its become very chic to blame a group of people we believe to be lazy azz free loaders who are unwilling to work and for whom we must give our hard earned money to support. Sure they exist, however that group of food stamp recipients is so teeny tiny small (relatively) to the much larger group of children and working poor and working elderly  who receive food stamps...  (I'll go back and find the actual stats I posted about a year ago...)... Its NOT inner city blacks... its old white working people....

Its also much more convenient for the BIG corporate infra structures that we al focus on blaming lazy people... and turn our anger on them, instead of getting much more righteously pizzzed off at the bizillion dollar pay offs to banks and corporations and CEOs who are exponentially having laws passed to serve their interests at everyone's expense..... I will swear to my death that the word "entitlement" was coined to manipulate the emotions of the 'common man' further manipulating our attention away from the corporate rape of the middle class, and toward a group that has very little voice or power...... Not to mention its whole hellava lot easier to finger them as individuals and vent our anger in that direction......

And all of that wrapped up in the biggest joke of em all.... Welfare??... food stamps??.... it serves but one purpose in a corporatist... (mistakenly called capitalist) system.... its a pay off... a buy off.... just enough money to keep the significantly large and exponentially growing population of have nots, from taking to the streets demanding more.... Honestly, genuinely.... and especially these days.... that is its primary purpose...... apart from anything anyone says or states.... I remember the first time a shadow guy ever told me that.... I was like... no its to help those less fortunate.... (the reply is too long to go into.... but is basically, no, its the cheapest way possible to keep everyone walking the direction needed and in support of the corporate structure)...

Don't think so? Watch what happens as more of it is withdraw from the ever growing population of people who have less now than they did 5 years ago, and are yet being asked for more..... The middle class is all but gone, and those remaining  continue to serve as the buffer between corporate wealth, and the growing population living below the line of poverty....

If it were all as black and white simple as its so often stated, it would be so very simple to solve.... it really would.... Though, no one is really actually looking to solve any of it.... and that's probably the biggest punch line of em all.......

• Upvote 6

OKay I must add my opinion... there are more than 22 million children on foodstamps... you folks want to tell them to "get a job"?

What about the elderly... disabled... and working poor? Probabably the other 47%. :)

Where are the JOBS?

Go Get A Pancake At Denny's... then come home and tell me we should not feed our hungry people.

Edited by Maggie123

OKay I must add my opinion... there are more than 22 million children on foodstamps... you folks want to tell them to "get a job"?

What about the elderly... disabled... and working poor? Probabably the other 47%. :)

Where are the JOBS?

Go Get A Pancake At Denny's... then come home and tell me we should not feed our hungry people.

You really cant blame the little children but you can definitely blame the irresponsible parents that have these kids and cant support them.  Some women actually have kids where the government can support them AKA welfare.  They are along for the free ride and its becoming a plague especially in the U.S and Obama loves people like them because they support him and rely on Big brother which a marxist or dictator desires. I live in California and its a compete nightmare also they have made it so discreet for people to use food stamps is no one really knows anymore used to be very different. Now its like a ATM card loaded every month so regular folk say well if they get free food why can't I? it becomes a WIN WIN situation for our Government because this is exactly what they want complete control.

Edited by easyrider
  • Upvote 1

You really cant blame the little children but you can definitely blame the irresponsible parents that have these kids and cant support them.  Some women actually have kids where the government can support them AKA welfare.  They are along for the free ride and its becoming a plague especially in the U.S and Obama loves people like them because they support him and rely on Big brother which a marxist or dictator desires. I live in California and its a compete nightmare also they have made it so discreet for people to use food stamps is no one really knows anymore used to be very different. Now its like a ATM card loaded every month so regular folk say well if they get free food why can't I? it becomes a WIN WIN situation for our Government because this is exactly what they want complete control.

May I have the nerve to say if you ignore my points... you are an ignorant punk. :)

• Downvote 2

Learned Helplessness is a reality and this post makes a good point.  I beseeched our small community to spend money on setting up a community garden that could go year round and could be used to feed the poor and also require them to work in the garden for so many hours a week to receive their allotment of food, but no one cared to look into this idea and it got ignored.  It was a good idea - people could donate their time to getting their food and it would help to take them out of this feeling of helplessness and being controlled by the outer government.  How many of us really feel in control of our lives even if not on welfare?  How many of us feel trapped by the government's policies that have increasingly taken over parts of our lives?   Health care, unemployment, housing, mortgages, banking, etc.?  This learned helplessness can also be applied to the people who give up their states rights because they need help from the government subsidies, to those who give up control of their guns, who don't believe in voting in the elections because it feels as though our vote doesn't count?

How can we empower people to feel more control over their lives?  Is the feeling of helplessness when rioting occurs, when the masses desire to feel in control again?  I can see the dangers this article is talking about.

• Upvote 2