Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Government shuts down after Congress fails to pass spending bill

Tank Dude I was hoping that O would have giving you imunity... like the crongress has not.

What concerns me more is that our kiddos that are not prepared... and are going to be put in a hurtlock.

Really TankDude... it just pizzed me off that these folks in Washington DC want to mess with your pay check for their games.

I'm sure you know this... but as well prepared for this game... we have a whole kiddos that are not.

I know what you mean Maggie - We have one girl - who isn't as old as the number of years I've been in service - who was excited because she had just gotten hired about a month ago. She just got her first full paycheck - and now this.  She was pretty worried, especially since she had just moved into her own place. Now she is wondering if she will be able to make rent next month.

• Upvote 1

"we have a whole lot of kiddos that are not".

Thank you dear... I am so sad that this is happening... not only for you and for the young girl you spoke about... I am also sad that some very petty, small men even got to Washington DC in the first place.

I mean really... is this the "best of the best" that we have in this country?

I'm thinking the real best want no part of this game. We need to change that and support them when they step up...

No matter how much they have in their campaign fund. We need to know them when we see them. :)

Edited by Maggie123

I nominate House Republicans for the BONE HEAD PLAY OF THE DAY.

The GOP has lost it's mind. The American people have, and will continue, to turn AGAINST the Republican Party for it's disregard of the welfare of it's people.

IF the Republicans had come up with an alternative plan to Obama Care, then they might be able to say that they have the welfare of our country & it's people in mind while they shut down the government. HOWEVER, what they are telling the American people now is that they place the welfare of Big Business ahead of the individual worker.

Just plain STUPID.

This will hurt the Republican Party down he road. Take my word for it. Oh yeah, you still will not win the fight against Obama Care anyway. :)

The Democrates are pushing Obama Care & Republicans are pushing No Care. LOL

There is a reason they are called Representatives. They are supposed to represent the people who voted for them. I applaud them for standing strong for their constituents. This will not hurt them regardless of how many times our dictator calls it the "Republican Shutdown". Most Americans are smart enough to see through his rhetoric. Notice that I said MOST. Some people would buy cheerios thinking they were doughnut seeds. We can't do anything for them. They are beyond help.

Roadrunner

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

There is a reason they are called Representatives. They are supposed to represent the people who voted for them. I applaud them for standing strong for their constituents. This will not hurt them regardless of how many times our dictator calls it the "Republican Shutdown". Most Americans are smart enough to see through his rhetoric. Notice that I said MOST. Some people would buy cheerios thinking they were doughnut seeds. We can't do anything for them. They are beyond help.

Roadrunner

Yeah I know you like this Roadrunner :) This sh*t is your livelyhood.

Get a new job dude.

hahahahah  Jack booted thugs huh ?.

The man is earning a living doing what he knows how to do .

Why insult him. 

Why is the warrior class despised so venomously.

You sure don't mind when things are going to hell and 

you need somebody to pull their a$$ out of the fire.

Its a shame really 

• Upvote 1

hahahahah  Jack booted thugs huh ?.

The man is earning a living doing what he knows how to do .

Why insult him. 

Why is the warrior class despised so venomously.

You sure don't mind when things are going to hell and 

you need somebody to pull their a$$ out of the fire.

Its a shame really 

I can think of better ways to earn a living Dog.

"Warrior Class"? What is he fighting for?

We are NOT talking about our military here.

Edited by Maggie123

Maggie - I respect you and our exchanges have always been good.

I would like to point out that RoadRunner and I are not that much different. We probably have close to the same skill set. The only difference is my contract with the Federal Government means they have to supply me with the equipment and training. He has to supply his own.

Might be over-simplifying it - but I don't see RoadRunner as being any more of a thug than I am.  I turned down positions with KBR and Blackwater back in 06 because of family obligations. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

From the kit fox society

A Tokala Story:

"During the night the chief heard the coyote howl four times. The chief understood and gathered the men of his party together. There some Tokala, some Kit Fox warriors were there. They sang a Strongheart song:

I am the fox.

I am supposed to die.

I already threw my life away.

Something daring,

Something dangerous,

I wish to do.

Some times you fight mag

Simply because your good at it. 

From the kit fox society

A Tokala Story:

"During the night the chief heard the coyote howl four times. The chief understood and gathered the men of his party together. There some Tokala, some Kit Fox warriors were there. They sang a Strongheart song:

I am the fox.

I am supposed to die.

I already threw my life away.

Something daring,

Something dangerous,

I wish to do.

Some times you fight mag

Simply because your good at it. 

I understand Dog... I do.

Again I say "What is he fighting for"?

I am sorry some have lost their way...

I have found mine and no amount of KaKa yelling, threats or insults will take me away from my fight.

Tankdude I will have to respectfully disagree this time. :tiphat:

Obummer care has little to do with health care as a whole. If this issue was strictly about health care...I could give a flyin' friggin' duck...the problem's all the other issues that are written into this deceptive document. Why would anyone think the IRS can run health care...what does health care have to do with a civilian army...does anyone realise this proposial gives the government total power over our constitution. All this stuff about  the repucks and dumb_ucks is nothing more than the individual stating that they never read the Obummercare Bill. People the issue about this bill is it as a whole...I tried to read it but got totally confussed in it's substance when it started going in nine differant direction on around page 600...thanks to a constitutional lawyer that actually did sit down and study it in whole explaned it in laymans terms...it's a direct attack on the constitution and the rights of the American people. This bill would enact upon us the history that was equal to Hitler's raise of power...Obummercare give absolute power to the government and destroyes the constitution as we know it today. I never finished reading the Obummercare Bill because it was written above my pay grade...but thanks to an constitutional Lawyer that teaches this subject and took it upon himself to varify his expertice on it;s meaning and intent. I now stand on his point of view...

• Upvote 1

I don't understand this.  It has now been proven that people are either losing their jobs, being cut back to part time work, having to take on another job but the dems and President still want to shove this junk down our throats.  People are still supporting such a horrible bill, I just don't understand this.

My health insurance jumped 19% this month. I don't get that type of pay raise.

We all know that the health insurance company is greedy and the insurance is expensive. But, obamacare is hurting all of us and the spineless republicans are finally fighting for the little people.  

Dems blame the republicans and the republicans are weak at telling the American people the truth. Now the government is shut down and the politicians are still getting a check?  The President is so concerned about the American people that he is leaving for another trip???  I just don't understand.

Who is standing for the American people?  All I see is that politicians are standing for their party.  When someone says "We have to pass this 20,000 page bill first before we can know what is in it"  Where is the common sense???

I just don't understand.

• Upvote 2

What it boils down to is Congress is playing a game of semantics and rhetoric - and no one rally knows the rules.

In the end, it doesn't matter if your a conservative or a liberal - a Republican, Democrat, Libertarian or Tea Partier. I think we can all agree that we all lose.

• Upvote 2