Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Obama issues new executive orders against guns

Obama issues new executive orders against guns

President Obama ordered two more executive actions Thursday to restrict guns, banning the re-importation of military surplus firearms to private entities and proposing a regulation that would close a loophole in background checks.

On the day B. Todd Jones is being sworn in as the new director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, the White House said the ATF is proposing to conduct background checks on firearms registered to a trust or corporation. The administration said felons and others prohibited from having firearms currently are able to avoid background checks by choosing this route.

“ATF reports that last year alone, it received more than 39,000 requests for transfers of these restricted firearms to trusts or corporations,” the White House said.

Also, the administration said it will deny requests to bring military-grade firearms back into the U.S. to private entities, with a few exceptions, such as for museums. Currently, when the U.S. provides military firearms to its allies, either as direct commercial sales or through the foreign military sales or military assistance programs,

those firearms may not be imported back into the United States without U.S. government approval.

Since 2005, the U.S. government has authorized requests to re-import more than 250,000 of these firearms.

The orders follow 23 other executive actions on gun control that the White House unveiled in January. In the spring, the Democratic-controlled Senate rejected a proposal to require expanded background checks for gun purchases.

“Even as Congress fails to act on common-sense proposals, like expanding criminal background checks and making gun trafficking a federal crime, the president and vice president remain committed to using all the tools in their power to make progress toward reducing gun violence,” the White House said.

Mr. Obama told a group of big-city mayors on Tuesday that he would be taking more executive actions to curb gun violence.

From another source....the top article if you hit the link it will show another video, that I can't get to load...

http://youtu.be/uIFU6JjOMAw

• Upvote 1

“Even as Congress fails to act on common-sense proposals,

DOING THEIR JOB TO PROTECT OUR RIGHTS. WHAT YOU CALL "COMMON SENSE PROPOSALS" TRANSLATES TO "DIS-ARM PATRIOTS" BECAUSE YOU FEAR US.

like expanding criminal background checks and making gun trafficking a federal crime,

YOU KNOW DARNED WELL THAT'S NOT ALL YOU WERE TRYING TO DO THERE, HOBUMMER. GUN TRAFFICKING A CRIME?... LOOK TO FAST & FURIOUS ERIC HOLDER, PAL.

the president and vice president remain committed to using all the tools in their power to make progress toward reducing gun violence,” the White House said.

THEN WHY ARE YOU NOT TAKING THE GUNS AWAY FROM THE THUGS?  WHY TARGET

PATRIOTS AND NOT YOUR VOTING BASE? TOOLS OF THE PROGRESSIVES INDEED.

Mr. Obama told a group of big-city mayors on Tuesday that he would be taking more executive actions to curb gun violence.

JUST LOVE WIELDING THAT ALL-POWERFUL PEN, HUH, MASSAH....? JUST LOVE HOW IT ALLOWS YOU TO CIRCUMVENT THE TRUE WILL OF THE PEOPLE AND OUR REAL LAWS, EH?

Edited by SgtFuryUSCZ
  • Upvote 7

"Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed; as they are in almost every kingdom of Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any bands of regular troops that can be, on any pretense, raised in the United States"  

Quote: Thomas Jefferson

Thanks Yota

• Upvote 5

No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.- Thomas Jefferson

I will give up my guns when they pry them from my cold dead hands.- unknown

No law Obammy or others write, will I abide by, my founding fathers have given me the RIGHT to keep and bear arms.- Me

The "cold dead hands" thing came from Charlton Heston. 

And oh really?  They really are dumb.  So you're telling me that the supply of Mosin Nagants is going to dry up now?  Because that scary old bolt action rifle with a 5 round capacity has been used in so many mass shootings.  They're doing for the AKs, mostly.  That's my opinion.  But I don't really understand it, they're saying you cannot import military surplus rifles?  Well technically, that would only cover fully automatic variants of AKs and such, and then old bolt action and semi autos from days past.  Another fine example of willful ignorance.