Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

CBI Currency Auction - Sunday, 21 July 2013

Currency Auctions - Announcement No. (2430)

The latest daily currency auction was held in the Central Bank of Iraq on Sunday, the 21-Jul-2013 . The results were as follows:

DETAILS -------------------- & -------------------- NOTES

Number of banks ---------------------------------- 10
Auction price selling dinar / US$ ----------------- 1166
Auction price buying dinar / US$ ----------------- -----
Amount sold at auction price (US$) -------------- 83,717,000
Amount purchased at Auction price (US$)  ------- -----
Total offers for buying (US$) --------------------- 83,717,000
Total offers for selling (US$) --------------------- -----

Exchange rates
Dollar's exchange rates / in Baghdad markets

• Upvote 3

Thank you so much for posting. I was wondering what the numbers would be today. It seems like a very low number and low number of banks participating. That is a good sign I think.

Well, only 10 banks today with a lower than normal sales ratio of purchases per bank.  Nevertheless, I don't believe we'll see the RV until they fulfill the requisite Laws of the Erbil Agreement, and implement those conditions, primarily the HCL.  WE are close, but still no cigar (LOL).  

Have a blessed Sunday .. RON  :tiphat: 

• Upvote 2

We may not see any type of re-evaluation until certain laws are passed, but what laws are absolutely necessary to move the IQD forward?  Other than the Law of Indebtedness, which would be nice to have in place, is there another law that must be passed to RV, or can Parliament be forced into passing the requisite laws after the fact, after a "disorderly exit" ?  Shabibi was willing in 2011 and 2012 to put the RV into motion, and there was no stability, Erbil, HCl, etc., at that point.  

What laws do they absolutely need to pull the lever?  I don't think there are any.

• Upvote 1

We may not see any type of re-evaluation until certain laws are passed, but what laws are absolutely necessary to move the IQD forward?  Other than the Law of Indebtedness, which would be nice to have in place, is there another law that must be passed to RV, or can Parliament be forced into passing the requisite laws after the fact, after a "disorderly exit" ?  Shabibi was willing in 2011 and 2012 to put the RV into motion, and there was no stability, Erbil, HCl, etc., at that point.  

What laws do they absolutely need to pull the lever?  I don't think there are any.

I agree.  GM Ms C.  My thoughts is if there is a hold up it might be the qi cards.  I am thinking the dinar on the streets of Iraq is so mangled, which means they are not replacing the bills with fresh ones.  So why not?  If they can get the qi cards out to the people, they bring them into the bank to set up accounts.  No more lines, no more hassle, easie peasie.

me either.

The fact is that we only get bits of information that they want us to hear.I'm with Carrello,I think they are still hammering out some laws that will need to be in place before they move ahead with the RV and I also think we are not going to see an RV until after Ramadan.

Semper Fi !!!

Well, only 10 banks today with a lower than normal sales ratio of purchases per bank.  Nevertheless, I don't believe we'll see the RV until they fulfill the requisite Laws of the Erbil Agreement, and implement those conditions, primarily the HCL.  WE are close, but still no cigar (LOL).  

Have a blessed Sunday .. RON  :tiphat: 

I would tend to agree 100%

• Upvote 1