Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-07-15/montana-passes-sweeping-anti-government-spying-bill

Montana Passes Sweeping Anti-Government Spying Bill

Tyler Durden's pictureSubmitted by Tyler Durden on 07/15/2013 20:03 -0400

Recession SPY

Submitted by Michael Krieger via Liberty Blitzkrieg blog,

What is so interesting about Montana’s House Bill 603, which passed overwhelmingly the state Senate by a 96-4 margin, is that it was passed in April, or several months before Edward Snowden’s NSA revelations. Talk about some foresight. Hopefully, we will see many more such bills sweep across the nation, as “change” will have to be done at the local level. The central government in D.C. is hopelessly corrupt and I don’t see that changing. We must just decentralize away from the District of Criminals on our own. From the Atlantic Wire:

Privacy advocates, behold the Montana legislature and House Bill 603, a measure that requires the government to obtain a probable cause warrant before spying on you through your cell phone or laptop. HB 603 was signed into law this past spring, effectively making Montana the first state to have an anti-spy law long before anyone heard of Edward Snowden. To be clear, HB 603 passed the state Senate overwhelmingly by a vote of 96-4 in April and was signed into law on May 6.

At the time, the law might have seemed extraneous, or even paranoid. But knowing what we know now, the law seems prophetic. The law is pretty straightforward—the government can’t spy on Montanans through their electronic devices unless they obtain a warrant:

That effectively makes Montana the first state in the country’s history to pass an electronic privacy law that protects you from the government. The bill’s sponsor, Rep. Daniel Zolnikov, and Montana’s lawmakers outpaced all the states in the country when it comes to privacy.

“The younger Democrats and Republicans were the ones really for the bill. The older legislators in Helena didn’t say much for or against it,” Zolnikov told the Daily Interlake.
The above line explains precisely why the government is concerned about “an increasingly disgruntled, post-Great Recession workforce and the entry of younger, ‘Gen Y’ employees who were ‘raised on the Internet,’” as noted in the recent “Insider Threat” article from McClatchy. 

MORE:

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/national/2013/07/if-you-dont-want-government-spy-you-move-montana/66962/

If You Don't Want the Government to Spy on You, Move to Montana

flickr user: archerwl

Share Share Print article Email article Comments Comments
ALEXANDER ABAD-SANTOS 7,704 ViewsJUL 9, 2013
Privacy advocates, behold the Montana legislature and House Bill 603, a measure that requires the government to obtain a probable cause warrant before spying on you through your cell phone or laptop. HB 603 was signed into law this past spring, effectively making Montana the first state to have an anti-spy law long before anyone heard of Edward Snowden. To be clear, HB 603 passed the state Senate overwhelmingly by a vote of 96-4 in April and was signed into law on May 6. That's almost one month to the day when we first found out about the NSA's secret order to collect phone records from Verizon, which has since ballooned into a world-wide scandal and chase. "The NSA reports hadn’t even come out at that time," said one of the law's supporters to the news website The Daily Interlake. 

That we didn't find out about the extensive NSA spying and Edward Snowden until June, is probably the reason HB 603 passed without much fanfare in the spring. At the time, the law might have seemed extraneous, or even paranoid. But knowing what we know now, the law seems prophetic (not unlike the way Shia LaBeouf warned us about spying back in 2008) and is getting some new-found attention. The law is pretty straightforward—the government can't spy on Montanans through their electronic devices unless they obtain a warrant: 

And "electronic device" is meant to encompass laptops, cell phones and tablets: 

That effectively makes Montana the first state in the country's history to pass an electronic privacy law that protects you from the government. The bill's sponsor, Rep. Daniel Zolnikov, and Montana's lawmakers outpaced all the states in the country when it comes to privacy—Texas signed an email privacy bill into law last month, and Massachusetts and a handful of other states are considering their own privacy laws when it comes to electronic surveillance and wiretapping. 

"The younger Democrats and Republicans were the ones really for the bill. The older legislators in Helena didn’t say much for or against it," Zolnikov told the Daily Interlake. Zolnikov actually wanted a harsher bill that would have limited federal authority. "This is very small compared to what we want to accomplish," he added.

Yea that Flathead area is pretty cool. Have some money to get in though.

Come on RV

A little town in Colorado passed a law (and I mean small town) that if any drones were found flying over the town, that the airspace above the town is sovereign to the town and all citizens have the right to shoot the drones down. ............

sorry for the tiny font size - my computer makes it look miniscule

Edited by Sage449

A little town in Colorado passed a law (and I mean small town) that if any drones were found flying over the town, that the airspace above the town is sovereign to the town and all citizens have the right to shoot the drones down. ............

sorry for the tiny font size - my computer makes it look miniscule

By the time the town folks take aim.......the "small" airspace will have been vacated.   :shrug: 

GO RV, then BV

This would have come in handy in Ted Kazinski's day.   :o 

GO RV, then BV

Now leave my Uncle Ted out of this....(just joking)

Yea that Flathead area is pretty cool. Have some money to get in though.

Come on RV

I grew up in the MIssion valley, about a half an hour from the south end of Flathead Lake.  Things have sure changed in the last 30 years there.  I don't think I could buy a place there now. Cost of living is crazy. I looked about a month ago and a 2 bed 1 bath 730 sq. ft. 1998 mobile home on a half acre was $120,000.00!!

• Upvote 1

Well, it's easy to see which politicians in Montana need to be FIRED! Four of 'em. Get rid of the Commies, Montana!

Just a small handful to go . . . we'll get'em

Now leave my Uncle Ted out of this....(just joking)

I grew up in the MIssion valley, about a half an hour from the south end of Flathead Lake.  Things have sure changed in the last 30 years there.  I don't think I could buy a place there now. Cost of living is crazy. I looked about a month ago and a 2 bed 1 bath 730 sq. ft. 1998 mobile home on a half acre was $120,000.00!!

Confirmed, FREEDOM is not free!

"Who cares" says WH.......................ain't nuthin to spy on in Montana anyway,cept mountains. VP Joe Biden said " whats the big deal we spy on all foreign countries, not just Montana" - peace 

• Upvote 1

"Who cares" says WH.......................ain't nuthin to spy on in Montana anyway,cept mountains. VP Joe Biden said " whats the big deal we spy on all foreign countries, not just Montana" - peace 

Meaning that the VP thinks were a foreign country?

• Upvote 1

Meaning that the VP thinks were a foreign country?

Meaning the VP is kin to Chevy Chase (playin Gerald Ford) & Dan Quayle. Obama's Costello if you will

• Upvote 1

Abbott was the smart one........bad analogy.   :lol:   :peace: 

GO RV, then BV

Who's on first, What's on Second, I Don't Know's on third...

Abbott was the smart one........bad analogy.   :lol:   :peace: 

GO RV, then BV

It was a good analogy. Obama- Abbott    Biden-Costello  (Obama's Costello, not Obama acts like or is kin to)  

Who's on first, What's on Second, I Don't Know's on third...

Heck Biden has a hard enough time finding the ballpark

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By thegente
      http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-06-18/tell-next-idiot-who-thinks-youre-unpatriotic

Tell This To The Next Idiot Who Thinks You're "Unpatriotic" on 06/18/2015 22:00 -0400

default Iraq Kuwait  

inShare   Submitted by Simon Black via Sovereign Man blog,
      I’ll never forget the Oath of Office I took when I was commissioned as an Army Intelligence Officer all those years ago.
      The most important part is where you swear to “support and defend the Constitution of the United States against ALL enemies, foreign and domestic.”
      That was the part that kept ringing in my head as George W. Bush went on TV in the run-up to the Iraq war talking about weapons of mass destruction.
      We had been on the ground in Kuwait since late 2002, months before the invasion of Iraq kicked off. And every time Bush told that lie, I thought about my oath.
      I’m disappointed to admit that, back then, I didn’t have the courage to go up against the big Army machine… to march into my Battalion Commander’s office and say, “Sir, we must defend the Constitution against the President of the United States.”
      I knew I would get crushed.
      When I left the military, I started noticing all the other ways in which the government turned the Constitution into a punchline. And that practice has only accelerated.
      I came up with a different solution. Instead of fighting some faceless machine, I voted with my feet and left the country.
      That, coupled with my drastically reduced tax bill thanks to being an overseas expat, has prompted a lot of use of the word ‘unpatriotic’ since I started writing this letter six years ago.
      I find this appallingly ignorant.
      The American Revolution itself was predicated on the inequity of taxation without representation.
      Are your interests represented when they buy bombs and body scanners? Mine certainly aren’t.
      Yet people who define patriotism by the frequency and rapidity of their flag-waving think that we all have some collective duty to ignorantly believe whatever we’re told by the government.
      I disagree. So does the New Oxford American Dictionary, which defines ‘patriot’ as
      “a person who vigorously supports their country and is prepared to defend it against enemies or detractors.”
      There’s that phrase again– ‘defending against enemies.’
      Who exactly are these ‘enemies’, by the way? Are they men in caves who hate us for our freedom? Arab teenagers with intense sexual angst and a collection of firearms?
      No. The real enemies are not foreign… but domestic. It is the apparatus of government itself that has collapsed upon the founding document of the nation.
      It’s not unpatriotic to lament how far a government’s practices have diverged from its Constitution.
      It’s not unpatriotic to want to be free.
      And it’s not unpatriotic to take steps to make that happen.
      In fact, people who think it’s everyone’s patriotic duty to pay taxes are only feeding the beast that makes them less free.
      And it’s entirely delusional to think that all of this can change by going to a voting booth.
      There’s no politician that’s going to change this.
      Nobody is going to stand on stage and say, “My plan is to eliminate entire departments of government, fire half of all government workers, terminate social security, and default on the debt.”
      Elections are pointless charades. But rather than vote for new people, we can simply vote to restrict the resources they have available.
      Yes, there are legal obligations to pay tax. And everyone should abide those obligations or risk pointless imprisonment.
      But with proper planning, tax obligations can be minimized.
      In my case, I left the country.
      This provides up to $100,800 in tax-free income based on the Foreign Earned Income Exclusion, and that’s before taking into account additional deductions, allowances, and exclusions.
      Recently I used my tax savings to finance a new prosthetic leg for an amputee war veteran that had been abandoned by the US government, and to buy food for earthquake victims here in Nepal.
      Had I not taken steps to reduce my tax bill, a big chunk of my income would have paid for more soldiers to get their legs blown off, and more bombs to be dropped by remote control on brown people.
      Instead, now I get to decide how my income and savings can best have an impact on the interests that I believe in.
      Let’s call it “representation without taxation”. And it’s completely legal as long as you follow the rules.
      Sure, not everyone has the ability to leave the country. But there are options to fit any lifestyle and circumstance.
      In addition to taxes, for example, it’s important to consider moving a portion of your savings abroad where it can’t be confiscated or frozen by capital controls.
      Safeguarding your wealth is a huge part of this strategy, in fact.
      The larger point is that taking steps to preserve your wealth and freedom is not unpatriotic.
      And for anyone who truly cares to defend your country from its domestic enemies, starving the beast is one of the most powerful tools you have available.
    • By thegente
      http://topconservativenews.com/2014/07/operation-hornets-nest-alleged-snowden-document-says-usukisrael-are-behind-isis/
      Operation Hornets Nest: Alleged Snowden document says US/UK/Israel are behind ISIS

The former employee at US National Security Agency (NSA), Edward Snowden, has revealed that the British and American intelligence and the Mossad worked together to create the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS).
      Snowden said intelligence services of three countries created a terrorist organisation that is able to attract all extremists of the world to one place, using a strategy called “the hornet’s nest”.
      NSA documents refer to recent implementation of the hornet’s nest to protect the Zionist entity by creating religious and Islamic slogans.
      According to documents released by Snowden, “The only solution for the protection of the Jewish state “is to create an enemy near its borders”.
      Leaks revealed that ISIS leader and cleric Abu Bakr Al Baghdadi took intensive military training for a whole year in the hands of Mossad, besides courses in theology and the art of speech..
      Facts:
      1) ISIS leader Al-Baghdadi was once a super-high level prisoner of the US government. Despite the fact that the US had offered a ten million dollar reward for him, the Obama regime ordered his release in 2009.
      2) The Obama regime, with major support from Senate neo-cons John McCain and Lindsey Graham, gave hundreds of millions in military aid to Sunni Jihadists in Syria. Thousands of individuals receiving US aid are now members of ISIS. In fact, ISIS has even posted pictures of ISIS fighters with US Senator John McCain on the internet.
      3) Israel has directly aided Sunni Jihadists in Syria by bombing Syrian military assets during Jihadist attacks.
      4) The Israeli Prime Minister has reacted to the ISIS spearheaded Sunni/Shia Civil War in Iraq with borderline glee. The president of Israel has also suggested that a Sunni/Shia war is beneficial to the future of Israel.
      5) The US and Britiain provided Sunni Jihadists with Toyota trucks in Syria. When, an army of ISIS fighters rolled over the Syria/Iraq border it looked like a commercial for Toyota.

http://inquiringminds.cc/uk-911-truth-according-to-document-released-by-nsa-whistleblower-edward-snowden-abu-bakr-al-baghdadi-leader-of-isis-is-a-mossad-intelligence-asset-alex-james
      [uK-911-Truth] According to document released by NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, leader of ISIS, is a MOSSAD intelligence asset – Alex James
      Posted on July 23, 2014 by Admin  
      Subject: According to document released by NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, leader of ISIS, is a MOSSAD intelligence asset

Editor’s note: The validity of the document mentioned below cannot be verified due to the exclusivity of the Snowden cache. Cryptome sent a letter to various sources in possession of the documents, including The New York Times, Washington Post, The Guardian, Barton Gellman, Laura Poitrias, Glenn Greenwald, ACLU, EFF and others demanding an accounting. The allegation about ISIS and al-Baghdadi, however, pairs up with other information demonstrating ISIS is an intelligence asset.

According a document recently released by NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, the leader of ISIS, now the Islamic State, is an intelligence asset.
      The NSA document reveals the United States, Israel, and Britain are responsible for the creation of ISIS.
      Earlier this month Nabil Na’eem, the founder of the Islamic Democratic Jihad Party and former top al-Qaeda commander, told the Beirut-based pan-Arab TV station al-Maydeen all current al-Qaeda affiliates, including ISIS, work for the CIA. [just like Qari Zainuddin revealed that TTP Mehsud is CIA and like Siebel Edmons revealed Bin Lade was CIA until 9/11]
      ISIS is a well-armed and trained terrorist group now in control of large areas of Iraq and Syria.
      The NSA document states the group was established by U.S., British and Israeli intelligence as part of a strategy dubbed “the hornet’s nest” to draw Islamic militants from around the world to Syria.
      The former employee at US National Security Agency (NSA), Edward Snowden, has revealed that the British and American intelligence and the Mossad worked together to create the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS).
      Snowden said intelligence services of three countries created a terrorist organisation that is able to attract all extremists of the world to one place, using a strategy called “the hornet’s nest”.
      NSA documents refer to recent implementation of the hornet’s nest to protect the Zionist entity by creating religious and Islamic slogans.
      According to documents released by Snowden, “The only solution for the protection of the Jewish state “is to create an enemy near its borders”.
      Leaks revealed that ISIS leader and cleric Abu Bakr Al Baghdadi took intensive military training for a whole year in the hands of Mossad, besides courses in theology and the art of speech.

Prior Evidence of al-Baghdadi Link to Intelligence and Military
      Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi “took intensive military training for a whole year in the hands of Mossad, besides courses in theology and the art of speech,” the documents explain, according to Gulf Daily News, a Bahrainian source.
      In June a Jordanian official told Aaron Klein of WorldNetDaily ISIS members were trained in 2012 by U.S. instructors working at a secret base in Jordan. In 2012 it was reported the U.S., Turkey and Jordan were running a training base for the Syrian rebels in the Jordanian town of Safawi.
      VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FVywIgR0Ns

There are only two known photographs of Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, who now controls the most extreme Islamist army on earth. When the American military closed its Camp Bucca prison in Iraq, Baghdadi was handed over to Iraqi security forces, who let him go. Elizabeth Palmer reports.

Corporate media has added weight to myth of Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, repeatedly exposed as an intelligence asset.
      Al-Baghdadi was reportedly a “civilian internee” at Camp Bucca, a U.S. military detention facility near Umm Qasr, Iraq. James Skylar Gerrond, a former U.S. Air Force security forces officer and a compound commander at Camp Bucca in 2006 and 2007, said earlier this month the camp “created a pressure cooker for extremism.”
      “Circumstantial evidence suggests that al-Baghdadi may have been mind-controlled while held prisoner by the US military in Iraq,” writes Dr. Kevin Barrett.
      Creating a Fake Terror Threat
      The hornet’s nest strategy was designed to create the perception that Israel is threatened by an enemy near its borders.
      According to the personal diary of former Israeli prime minister Moshe Sharett, however, Israel never took seriously an Arab or Muslim threat to its national security.
      “Sharett’s diary reveals in explicit language that the Israeli political and military leadership never believed in any Arab danger to Israel,” writes Ralph Schoenman. “They sought to maneuver and force the Arab states into military confrontations which the Zionist leadership were certain of winning so Israel could carry out the destabilization of Arab regimes and the planned occupation of additional territory.”
      In 1982 Oded Yinon, an Israeli journalist with links to the Israeli Foreign Ministry, wrote The Zionist Plan for the Middle East.
      The white paper proposed “that all the Arab states should be broken down, by Israel, into small units” and the “dissolution of Syria and Iraq later on into ethnically or religiously unique areas such as in Lebanon, is Israel’s primary target on the Eastern front in the long run.”
      The destruction of the Arab and Muslim states, Yinon suggested, would be accomplished from within by exploiting their internal religious and ethnic tensions.
      For more background see our ISIS and the Plan to Balkanize the Middle East.
    • By Butifldrm
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dymKIrcXArw&feature=player_detailpage
    • By Bandit795
      http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2013/aug/08/lavabit-email-shut-down-edward-snowden

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.