Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Kuwait''s Amir sends cable to Iraq''s leader, PM

Kuwait''s Amir sends cable to Iraq''s leader, PM 30/06/2013   |   10:54 PM | Kuwait News text-size-minus.pngtext-size-plus.pnge4359d03-5986-447f-bd6e-3c4a18e4fda8_oth HH the Amir Sheikh Sabah Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah

KUWAIT, June 30 (KUNA) -- His Highness the Amir Sheikh Sabah Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah sent Sunday a cable to Iraqi President Jalal Talabani congratulating him, his government, and the Iraqi people on Iraq's removal from Chapter VII of the UN Charter.

His Highness the Amir also expressed best wishes that such a step would contribute to rebuilding trust between the two nations and boost bilateral relations in various fields to best serve the interests of both nations.

His Highness the Amir sent a similar cable to Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri Al-Maliki applauding the ending of Iraq's Chapter VII status, as he expected, would have great positive impacts on Iraqi-Kuwaiti relations as well as on Iraq's restoration of its normal relations and status in the regional and international arenas. (end) bsr.mb KUNA 302254 Jun 13NNNN

http://www.kuna.net.kw/ArticleDetails.aspx?id=2319829&Language=en

• Upvote 1

Well, well, well for all of those doubters this says it all does it not?  KUWAIT, June 30 (KUNA) -- His Highness the Amir Sheikh Sabah Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah sent Sunday a cable to Iraqi President Jalal Talabani congratulating him, his government, and the Iraqi people on Iraq's removal from Chapter VII of the UN Charter.

As to why this has not been on CNN, Fox etc?  I suspect the US is in hot water, maybe boiling water with the revelations from Mr. Snowden.  The US is preoccupied as well as all nations to say the least and journalists follow a story, Iraq is a blip on their screen.  hmmmmm  good time for an RV I think. ;)

• Upvote 2

Zigmeister, 

I had the same thoughts.  One would think that the release from Chapter 7 would be huge news in the U.S..  The end of supporting Iraq with tax dollars, etc...  But, I could not find one network that carried the news.  What's up with that.  I feel that you are spot-on...........  Perfect time for a RV  :)

Here is to hoping.

• Upvote 1

Well, well, well for all of those doubters this says it all does it not?  KUWAIT, June 30 (KUNA) -- His Highness the Amir Sheikh Sabah Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah sent Sunday a cable to Iraqi President Jalal Talabani congratulating him, his government, and the Iraqi people on Iraq's removal from Chapter VII of the UN Charter.

As to why this has not been on CNN, Fox etc?  I suspect the US is in hot water, maybe boiling water with the revelations from Mr. Snowden.  The US is preoccupied as well as all nations to say the least and journalists follow a story, Iraq is a blip on their screen.  hmmmmm  good time for an RV I think. ;)

I wondered why we never saw anything on the news. You would have thought Fox or CNN would have shown the removal of CH7.

Exactly, nuff said

WM13