Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Parliamentary Finance: Central Bank starts during the current year measures the deletion of zeros from currency

yota691

this is saying iraq is going to start the canceling of the zeros. commence definition = to start or begin.

Notice it says "preparations to cancel...."

They are preparing to cancel because the cancellation of the zeros is the end game.

There is a process to get to the end game and it's proposed to start this year. As a matter of fact, IMO it has already started "in country" by dollarizing. They have been getting citizens to turn in their 3 zero notes for dollars, so that when they introduce lower denoms they will in turn buy them with those dollars. Per Kaperoni and team, it seems evident from the gathering of news articles, that there will be a gradual increase in the Dinar's value via free float to be determined by market demand. There have been articles stating that they wanted to start at 1000 to 1, so over time as the value rises those of us holding 3 zero notes will exchange at whatever threshold that we like thus they are drawing in large notes at the same time Dinar value increases.

I probably did not do this theory justice but I'm sure you get the jest.

My apologies ahead of time because I'm not very good at explaining this stuff. Hope I didn't butcher it.

From the horses mouth....

4-13-2013 Newshound Guru Kaperoni After last spring, when Shabibi was stopped by Maliki the plan changed. Since that time, numerous articles, reports and such have stated..."floating orbit of exchange." This is not what I think, want or say for a fact will happen. I simply am providing what "they" are saying. And IMO, that cannot be discounted. Now, I doubted that information..was skeptical at first and I personally needed some other information that either confirmed or contradicted it. But I cannot find it.

4-13-2013 Newshound Guru Kaperoni In fact, all I found was more evidence of a float which is supported by the IMF as an exchange regime. So personally, I believe a float is what is coming...gradual rise of the dinar via "floating orbit of exchange." All I do is present "what the information" says. Personally, I would love 3+ lol. But be assured, as much as I would love an overnight RV at 1 to $1 or greater just like all of you..I just cannot find any recent facts to support it.

Edited by Tripphood

Nice debate going on here guys. Everytime a LOP article rolls around the following thought hits my brain, and then my computer.

" If they were gonna lop, they could have easily done that a long time ago". That is JMO.

Also how would that help improve the conditions in Iraq?

Not to change the subject but>>>> What about all the recent articles that are positive?

Did they not say, Iraqs currency would be the most valuable in the World (or something like that)?

I know lot's of you will disagree with me, and that's ok.  Personally, I do not expect a Lop. How often do they tell the truth about anything?

I will not buy more dinar, but I'm not selling either.  Frankly, no matter the outcome, after almost 8 years of this...I just want it to be over.

RSS

• Upvote 12

Notice it says "preparations to cancel...."

They are preparing to cancel because the cancellation of the zeros is the end game.

There is a process to get to the end game and it's proposed to start this year. As a matter of fact, IMO it has already started "in country" by dollarizing. They have been getting citizens to turn in their 3 zero notes for dollars, so that when they introduce lower denoms they will in turn buy them with those dollars. Per Kaperoni and team, it seems evident from the gathering of news articles, that there will be a gradual increase in the Dinar's value via free float to be determined by market demand. There have been articles stating that they wanted to start at 1000 to 1, so over time as the value rises those of us holding 3 zero notes will exchange at whatever threshold that we like thus they are drawing in large notes at the same time Dinar value increases.

I probably did not do this theory justice but I'm sure you get the jest.

My apologies ahead of time because I'm not very good at explaining this stuff. Hope I didn't butcher it.

From the horses mouth....

4-13-2013 Newshound Guru Kaperoni After last spring, when Shabibi was stopped by Maliki the plan changed. Since that time, numerous articles, reports and such have stated..."floating orbit of exchange." This is not what I think, want or say for a fact will happen. I simply am providing what "they" are saying. And IMO, that cannot be discounted. Now, I doubted that information..was skeptical at first and I personally needed some other information that either confirmed or contradicted it. But I cannot find it.

4-13-2013 Newshound Guru Kaperoni In fact, all I found was more evidence of a float which is supported by the IMF as an exchange regime. So personally, I believe a float is what is coming...gradual rise of the dinar via "floating orbit of exchange." All I do is present "what the information" says. Personally, I would love 3+ lol. But be assured, as much as I would love an overnight RV at 1 to $1 or greater just like all of you..I just cannot find any recent facts to support it.

Kaperoni is a guru he just posts rumors  so he not credible at all

Edited by boomer113189

Kaperoni is a guru he just posts rumors so he not credible at all

You are completely wrong. Kap's opinion is formed from actual news articles. I take it that you are saying he is a guru because this particular site adds guru in front of the names of people who's opinions they post. Even Adam Montana the owner of this site has the word "Guru" in front of his name on this particular site. Sir, with respect, you can't say anything about Kap unless you have true knowledge of who he is and what he is about which obviously you don't. Because I cannot promote another site on DV you should google Kaperoni and learn.

I know it;s not Iraq. The language is the same. Dropping the zeros.

I understand but there are several meanings for dropping zeros. Edited by Tripphood
  • Upvote 2

You are completely wrong. Kap's opinion is formed from actual news articles. I take it that you are saying he is a guru because this particular site adds guru in front of the names of people who's opinions they post. Even Adam Montana the owner of this site has the word "Guru" in front of his name on this particular site. Sir, with respect, you can't say anything about Kap unless you have true knowledge of who he is and what he is about which obviously you don't. Because I cannot promote another site on DV you should google Kaperoni and learn.

I understand but there are several meanings for dropping zeros.

I happen to agree with you about Kap. I haven't spoken to him in person, but we have communicated via email. Good guy, analyzes news, gives his opinion. Most people are quick to give an opinion. Few take the time to actually analize that opinion before giving it. This is my opinion and "yes" I analized it b-4 I gave it.

One more thing....We are all entitled to freely give our opinions here on this forum provided it is done in a respectable way.  That does not mean we all have to agree with each other.

RSS

Edited by rsskelton
  • Upvote 1

I don't dismiss Kaperoni like I do so many other "gurus", but I do end up having to fact-check his assertions - and often I find that even though his conclusions are possible, that they tend to be supposition rather than provable fact.  I don't think he is making things up, per se, but I do think he overreaches on occasion by claiming the articles are documents he's read "spell it out" when really they just supply a foundation from which to draw conclusion.

I personally think everything happening lately points to a gradual appreciation over time rather than an overnight RV - although I definitely have not seen anything that rules it out.  If they do go with a LOP/redenomination, I think we'll see that appreciation begin immediately.

But, I won't lie - I sure do wish they'd just RV instead.  

• Upvote 1

I happen to agree with you about Kap. I haven't spoken to him in person, but we have communicated via email. Good guy, analyzes news, gives his opinion. Most people are quick to give an opinion. Few take the time to actually analize that opinion before giving it. This is my opinion and "yes" I analized it b-4 I gave it.

One more thing....We are all entitled to freely give our opinions here on this forum provided it is done in a respectable way. That does not mean we all have to agree with each other.

RSS

Rsskelton, respectfully, I agree. We are all entitled to our own opinions. I was simply trying to give helpful information which could better help one to have an informed opinion. I have no enemies here. We are all in this together. I didn't mean to come off any other way. Edited by Tripphood
  • Upvote 2

Rsskelton, respectfully, I agree. We are all entitled to our own opinions. I was simply trying to give helpful information which could better help one to have an informed opinion. I have no enemies here. We are all in this together. I didn't mean to come off any other way.

Hey my, friend, this was not meant to be directed at you in any way. Actually, I was trying to point out that we all have differing opinions, but theres nothing wrong with that when done respectfully. Actually, I thought this thread was progressing in just that manner and certainly did not mean to insinuate you were disrespectful. Actually, I thought what you said was done quite appropriately. I agreed with you completely. You did read my reply right? I'm on your side with this one. Also, your right...We're all here for the same reason. +1 to ya

Edited by rsskelton
  • Upvote 1

I understand but there are several meanings for dropping zeros.

there is only 1 meaning to dropping the zeros not several.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Hey my, friend, this was not meant to be directed at you in any way. Actually, I was trying to point out that we all have differing opinions, but theres nothing wrong with that when done respectfully. Actually, I thought this thread was progressing in just that manner and certainly did not mean to insinuate you were disrespectful. Actually, I thought what you said was done quite appropriately. I agreed with you completely. You did read my reply right? I'm on your side with this one. Also, your right...We're all here for the same reason. +1 to ya

Yes, I read it. I guess I misunderstood the last part. Sorry and thank you.

i am with ya the zero articlas are all bad

yes thats why this thing is a 50 50 chance , a gamble it could work in our favor or not in are favor

"are" favor?

Dude. Dudette. If we are to take you seriously, would you please type beyond the third grade level?

this is a lottery ticket

U paid a thousand dollars for a lottery ticket?

Stop talking it down.

Lopster?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

So in your explanation.....a person in iraq that has a million dinar (worth about a thousand dollars before and after a RV in iraq) can get on a plane and travel to the US and turn their thousand dollars into a million (if it's a 1:1 RV) That makes no sense. We would have a whole new immigration problem. You just thought Mexican Immigration was a problem.........lol

Exactly.

Not only that, but "stuff" in Iraq would be cheaper because the dinar would buy more imported goods from abroad at a much cheaper price. Much of their stuff is imported.

And I do not believe it will go to 1:1 - too high. .25 cents approx like the Saudis would be likely...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

So they want to take three billion notes out of circulation. Sounds good to me.

It's weird how this turned into a rumor of it being a 4USD to 1IQD exchange rate, when the use of the word "reduce" clearly means the article is saying a removal of currency notes to reduce the current from 4 billion notes in circulation to 1 billion - for the purpose of a LOP and then a redenomination.  I wish it were otherwise, though!

[

I stand corrected but in the instance that they use "remove the zeros" , in the case of Iraq, there is more than one meaning.

go to google and type in removal of zeros or deletion of zeros on a currency and tell me what comes up. in all my results i get is redenomination i don't know about you but it sounds like there only 1 meaning. you say there are several meaning to removal of zeros on currency can you give me a few links

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

"are" favor?

Dude. Dudette. If we are to take you seriously, would you please type beyond the third grade level?

U paid a thousand dollars for a lottery ticket?

Stop talking it down.

Lopster?

you can call me whatever you want if you wish to label as a lobster so be it does not t bother me one bit. :)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1