Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Song Topics ?

one2one

certain members of our site have nothing better to do than post music videos all day long ?

why not go to a music--song website--instead of here ?

topics of interest to our dinar investment are wiped out [ recent posted topics ]

umbertino is the one posting these numerous song videos

certain members of our site have nothing better to do than post music videos all day long ?

topics of interest to our dinar investment are wiped out [ recent posted topics ]

Please click on What's New - scroll to the bottom of the left column and select "Filter by Forum" , click on the Music Videos forum which will remove it from your What's New List - click Save -  then you will not see any of them. They will not show in your What's New listing! :)

:rocking-chair:

• Upvote 2

I have asked this question numerous times : 

probably no big deal :

looks to me like Umbertino is trying to draw attention to himself by posting as many topics as possible :

all day long  ???

am I right or wrong ?---I want to read stories about our investment

:P

probably no big deal :

looks to me like Umbertino is trying to draw attention to himself by posting as many topics as possible :

all day long  ???

This site trys to offer a little bit for everyone.  You were given instructions on how to avoid Umbertino's posts.  If you are unable to follow instructions, then what else do you want us to do?

-

• Upvote 3

probably no big deal :

all day long  ???

Umb is trying to draw attention to himself is hard to argue if you’re going by his number of post…. Lol

I don’t believe Umb believes in God or Democracy but I truly feel he is a good person that I will pray for and wish the best for.. Take the mods advice on this one my friend… 

• Upvote 2

Umb is trying to draw attention to himself is hard to argue if you’re going by his number of post…. Lol

I don’t believe Umb believes in God or Democracy but I truly feel he is a good person that I will pray for and wish the best for.. Take the mods advice on this one my friend… 

Definately, since I removed the Music Forum from my list, I haven't even given Umbertino's music posts any thought, until now. :twothumbs:

-

• Upvote 1

I kind of like it.   He is not stuck on one type of music but all types.  Sometimes brings in a blast from the past and brings a smile.  Remember, music is a universal language.  He brings a clear your head energy and I value that.   I would rather listen to some music than to listen to pumped up gurus who are tooting their own horns.  It's all good.  

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

while here can someone pls explain to me how to post a u-yube video? tyvm

On the toolbar above your post: The third Icon from left to right, if you hover your pointer over it, it will say "Special BBCode".  Click on that, click on the drop down, select "Media" and then put in the link in the box below Media URL. :twothumbs:

-

I would like to suggest that those who are looking mainly for information on our investment ask the site owner to create other forums, besides music, that people can use, and hopefully will use, so that other postings can be eliminated also. I really think it would create a better "dinar investment" site, and make checking out the latest postings on the subject of dinar, if some of the more heavily non-dinar, non-investment were given their own forum.

Personally I sometimes come to look at the most recent dinar and Iraq developments, and find that having to search through pages of stuff totally not about  dinar or Iraq, puts me off even looking. For many people who don 't want to go through that search of all the chaff to find the wheat it may be a matter of time ... they don't have much and don't want to feel they are having to waste it on some on-site groups' postings that should be in their own forum. Some may say it doesn't take long, but when you are living with deadlines and sometimes not enough time to do everything, it can seem like a very long time. For me, it is a matter of the time causing a physical problem. Since I broke my back last summer I cannot sit upright, or stand upright, for very long without starting to bend forward in pain, and not be able to get upright again for some time.

So, if the move to put more of the postings that are popular with a specific group of members into their own forum were to come to a vote (I know, this isn't a democracy but sometimes the masses can influence change) I would vote for separate forums, and fairly strict adherence to them. I would suggest topics such as: military based postings, including military personnel, military hardware, guns military and non-military, maybe even hunting and related postings; humor, which might include jokes, humorous photos or cartoons, funny YouTube offerings, or humorous personal happenings; American political postings, to include sentiments about people in politics (such as the opinions about the U.S. president), as well as other people running for office, laws and changes to American life through political initiatives; and also a very popular topic that could easily create a large content for a Faith based forum, which could include prayers, and requests for prayer, faith based opinions about the dinar which, to be fair, could be posted in the main forum with a minimal posting advising those who are interested that there is something of interest to them in the Faith based forum, it could include personal testimonials, uplifting and encouraging words for those in need of them, updates on how your prayers have helped those who asked for them, and updates on the health, trials and tribulations of those who feel that the workings of faith are a large part of their lives. For those people a Faith based forum could  also be a large part of their lives, their forum lives.

There are likely more topics that could be separated off into their own forums for the people who come here hoping to find a specific topic. The break up of the topics into forums now is good as far as it goes. But it is mostly dinar and investment related information that has been assigned its own forum. (imagine that!) The makeup of forum membership, and the subjects of current postings, have made it a good time, now, to make some other forum choices. It is obvious from the variety of postings we see in the "off topic" and even the main forum, that we could all benefit from a forum base that is just a tad larger.

Any thoughts on this? Keep it polite, please.

:)

smee2 

On the toolbar above your post: The third Icon from left to right, if you hover your pointer over it, it will say "Special BBCode".  Click on that, click on the drop down, select "Media" and then put in the link in the box below Media URL. :twothumbs:

-

Thanks for the information. Can you describe how one can post an e-mail here? One with pictures? I have tried and it is beyond me. Getting too old to play with this toy I guess ... or perhaps the toy has outgrown me. hahaha

smee2

smee2 -

Thanks for the suggestion - would you believe that it is already in work and fairly close to all of your suggestions! Been watching that crystal ball have you! :eyebrows:

I would like to suggest that those who are looking mainly for information on our investment ask the site owner to create other forums, besides music, that people can use, and hopefully will use, so that other postings can be eliminated also. I really think it would create a better "dinar investment" site, and make checking out the latest postings on the subject of dinar, if some of the more heavily non-dinar, non-investment were given their own forum.

Thanks for the information. Can you describe how one can post an e-mail here? One with pictures? I have tried and it is beyond me. Getting too old to play with this toy I guess ... or perhaps the toy has outgrown me. hahaha

smee2

Unfortunately, there is no way I know of to post an email with pictures.  There have been times that I have received an email with pictures or videos that I wanted to share here.  The text of the email we can just copy and paste, but its the pictures that are the problem.  There is a limit to the number of images you can put in one post, and the pictures that are posted, need to have a link.  There is no other way around it.  Sorry. :(

-

ty Markinsa most appreciated.....I do have to say to the mods and all tyvm. any queries i had or tech support i needed has been answered promptly and courtiously. I only wish i could get this level of service everywhere I go. You guys run a first class organization and make me proud to be here. ty again awesome job folks. pls give yourselves a well deserved pat on the back. Can't wait to buy you guys a beer in Vegas when we get there.

Edited by puckster_guy
  • Upvote 2

Yes. With the permission of Adam  & Mods. They decided to create the music section.I don't post music anywhere else.

If one  ( as they're fully entitled not to, of course) doesn't enjoy music , they can easily avoid it by not going there. Simple and effective.It says "Music videos" very clearly for a reason.. One can't possibly miss that.

Just like if one doesn't like off-topic  stuff, they won't go to Off-Topic.

Please click on What's New - scroll to the bottom of the left column and select "Filter by Forum" , click on the Music Videos forum which will remove it from your What's New List - click Save -  then you will not see any of them. They will not show in your What's New listing! :)

Thanks.

Edited by umbertino

End Quote

No... Once again.. Nobody is getting forced ( no gunpoint that I'm aware of) to go to the Music Section just like nobody is forced to go to Off-Topic or just any Section on Forum. So your assumption ( draw att'n to myself) is wrong.

Everybody will obviously and rightly do what they want.. If they want to listen to Music (  btw, I'm not the only one posting... I am surely the one posting most, I'll concede... so what) they'll go to the Music section or else they won't. Simple, painless and effective. Ciao.

Edited by umbertino
  • Upvote 1

End Quote

No... Once again.. Nobody is getting forced ( no gunpoint that I'm aware of) to go to the Music Section just like nobody is forced to go to Off-Topic or just any Section on Forum. So your assumption ( draw att'n to myself) is wrong.

Everybody will obviously and rightly do what they want.. If they want to listen to Music (  btw, I'm not the only one posting... I am surely the one posting most, I'll concede... so what) they'll go to the Music section or else they won't. Simple, painless and effective. Ciao.

I myself really like the music section!! I was looking for a song the other day and I could not find it ( I could not remember the title but saw umbertino post it a week or so back) and I found it in our music section!!  Thank You umbertino

• Upvote 3

I myself really like the music section!! I was looking for a song the other day and I could not find it ( I could not remember the title but saw umbertino post it a week or so back) and I found it in our music section!!  Thank You umbertino

Thanks Bumper... That's appreciated.

while here can someone pls explain to me how to post a u-yube video? tyvm

Puckster... You just copy and paste the youtube video by opening the BBCode here on DV posts and then choose "media" and post the youtube link in here.

When the site went through changes some time ago I myself had difficulties because I'd try and do the simple copy/paste I was accustomed to and it wouldn't work anymore that way.... So I contacted Bumper who was kind enough to explain the new procedure to me. Thanks Bumper.

Edited by umbertino
  • Upvote 1

OK--maybe I was wrong to gripe about too many song videos --all at once : 

but--I still think that  " recent posted topics " should be relevant to our investment

Its ok to think that way too.  All you have to do is select the Forums you want to see in "What's New" in the "Filter By Forum" and that will pull in all the new topics "you feel" is relevant to your experience here. :twothumbs:

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I do not find "filter by forum"

Click on the "What's New" option on the top right of the menu bar.

Under the "New Content" the following menu options will appear on the left hand side of the Topics.

By content type

• Filter by forum <---- This is the option you are looking for.  You can either click on What's New up top, or click on this link to the left and it will take you to the Filter By Forum Configuration.