Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Why I believe it will RV @ $1 to $1

Lol @fox news correcting themselves. Thanks for the laughs. Sure they correct thrnsekvs here and there but what about all the other times they mislead and exaggerate. Seems to me you're a loyal fox viewer.....sucks for you. Oh here's that article lol enjoy the read.

An Indiana man convicted of setting fire to a mosque in Ohio told a judge on Wednesday that he committed the crimes because Fox News and conservative talk radio had convinced him that “most Muslims are terrorists.”

Randolph Linn, 52, accepted a plea deal in which he pled guilty to all charges in connection to setting a fire in the prayer room at the Islamic Center of Greater Toledo on Sept. 30. Under the deal, Linn is expected to serve 20 years in prison instead of 40.

Linn explained to the court that he had gotten “riled up” after watching Fox News.

“And I was more sad when Judge [Jack] Zouhary asked him that, ‘Do you know any Muslims or do you know what Islam is?’” one mosque member who attended the hearing recalled to WNWO. “And he said, ‘No, I only know what I hear on Fox News and what I hear on radio.’”

“Muslims are killing Americans and trying to blow stuff up,” Linn also reportedly told the judge. “Most Muslims are terrorists and don’t believe in Jesus Christ.”

Linn claimed that he had consumed 45 beers in the 6 hours before leaving his Indiana home to set fire to the mosque, which he had discovered while working as a truck driver.

After his arrest on Oct. 2, Assistant U.S. Attorney Ava Dusten said that Linn had told officers, “**** those Muslims… They would kill us if they got the chance.”

Linn is due back in court on April 16, 2013 for a formal sentencing.

A survey released by Fairleigh Dickinson University earlier this year determined that Fox News viewers were actually less informed than Americans who watched no news at all. In fact, at least seven studies in recent years have confirmed that Fox News viewers are more likely to be misinformed than other Americans.

A survey released by Fairleigh Dickinson University earlier this year determined that Fox News viewers were actually less informed than Americans who watched no news at all. In fact, at least seven studies in recent years have confirmed that Fox News viewers are more likely to be misinformed than other Americans.

• Upvote 3

some people think every show on the fox cable chanel is fox news . theresa difference between red eye on fox and fox news ..

i guess the shows about prisons on msnbc are msnbc news ..  and to catch a preditor is msnbc news .. ..

i guess the  cartoons in the new york times  is the news .. or the op - ed   articles is the new york times news ..

thats why they have different show names on fox ..

thats why the new york times has op-ed columns  .. and news columns

i guess thats all they know . and cant diferentiate between the two

• Upvote 1

I pointed out fox because of a members response to something and was providing proof at how dumb fox news makes individuals. Msnbc comes in second at making people dumb but fox news viewers are the least informed and there's been studies done in it. You can argue opinions all day but you can't argue facts.

Did you read about that story about a Ohio man that burned a mosque in Indiana because he was watching fox news and was drunk and raging because fox made him hate Muslims? The judge asked him what made him do it and he said fox news. Fox creates panic and fear. That's what they sell.

Just so you understand......fox, msnbc, CNN are all worthless but some more than others.

Dontlop, you were doing so well earlier until this dumb comment. Time to ignore you again

That's what liberals like you do.  Pick out one example on e the right and ignore the thousands of your own.  Ted Kasinsky anyone?  the cop who turned into a murderer who was finally killed in CA was a leftist.  Nothing about it in the press.  You have thousands of hedonists who call themselves "occupiers" destroying private property, confronting police, camping out illegally while defacating, raping, using drugs and saying that they demand food and housing and transprotation from the taxpayers.  And what does MSNBC call them.  "huggable teddy bears".  But the the tea party crowd, who is just protesting out of control govrnment spending, with very orderly and law-abiding protesting is called a terrorist group by MSNBC. 

I mean FOX was the only network who reported and had on tape a black conservative who was wheel chair bound, being beat unconscious by a bunch of union thugs at a tea party rally.  How do you defend that?

The standard is always much higher for conservatives.

I have a strong suspicion you've never watched FOX News.  If you had, you wouldn't post what you're posting.       

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1.  Iraq has stated that they currently have the strongest currency in the region, so obviously they're not referring to the value.  They're referring to the fact that the dinar is backed 100% where the others in that region aren't

2. The CBI website says that there are 30 trillion dinar outside of banks.  If they're removed all of the dinar from the streets of Iraq where is that 30 trillion?

3.  The U.S. Treasury has stated that they hold no dinar for investment purposes, and they will not be involved in exchanging dinar in any aspect.

Conclusion:  This is all rehashed pumper BS.

• Upvote 3

That's what liberals like you do.  Pick out one example on e the right and ignore the thousands of your own.  Ted Kasinsky anyone?  the cop who turned into a murderer who was finally killed in CA was a leftist.  Nothing about it in the press.  You have thousands of hedonists who call themselves "occupiers" destroying private property, confronting police, camping out illegally while defacating, raping, using drugs and saying that they demand food and housing and transprotation from the taxpayers.  And what does MSNBC call them.  "huggable teddy bears".  But the the tea party crowd, who is just protesting out of control govrnment spending, with very orderly and law-abiding protesting is called a terrorist group by MSNBC. 

I mean FOX was the only network who reported and had on tape a black conservative who was wheel chair bound, being beat unconscious by a bunch of union thugs at a tea party rally.  How do you defend that?

The standard is always much higher for conservatives.

I have a strong suspicion you've never watched FOX News.  If you had, you wouldn't post what you're posting.       

Lol you clearly do watch fox because you can't comprehend.....did you see where I posted that I don't pick party lines and that I have some conservative views as well as some liberal views. Did you miss that or is it that since I disagree with you I'm automatically a liberal. HOW IGNORANT OF YOU.

Yes, I use to watch fox all the time until I saw the product they are selling...it's called ignorance and fear and I don't subscribe to stupidity.

There's been surveys done and fox viewers ALWAYS come in LAST. FACTS!!!

In case you missed it I will say it one last time: FOX, MSNBC, & CNN ARE ALL WORTHLESS. I AM NOT A LIBERAL OR CONSERVATIVE...I DON'T PICK PARTY LINES BECAUSE IT MAKES YOU IGNORANT AND SMALL MINDED.

I'm done responding to people who can't read.

Back to the discussion at hand which is dinar.

• Upvote 2

ya they watch pieces of some debate on a show on the fox news channel ... and because theres  a fox news ticker always running at the bottom of the fox news channels screen . the liberals  say thats fox news ,,

shawn hannity is not  fox news .. he does have a tv show that generates  income for the fox news channel , that otherwise would never be permitted on any of the liberal tv channels .. up till the mid 1990s there was only liberal tv channels . and fox decided to let the world see the other side of the arguement .. so the liberals hate fox news .. its as simple as that .. 

most americans were and still are greatful for fox news .. they have exposed the rst of the networks for what they are .. now fox has  higher  ratings than all of them combined ..

after 40 straight years of democrats running congress in the united states .. fox news showed the republican side of the arguement . and ended the 40 years of democrats running in the red .... and the republican congress shut down the govt and balanced the budget .. liberals hate that only because it makes the republicans look smarter than the liberals .. so they try to say clinton is responsible for balancing the budget ,, but the truth is the republicans  had to shut the federal govt down twice while clinton was president to force him to sign a balanced budget

Edited by dontlop
  • Upvote 1

Lol you clearly do watch fox because you can't comprehend.....did you see where I posted that I don't pick party lines and that I have some conservative views as well as some liberal views. Did you miss that or is it that since I disagree with you I'm automatically a liberal. HOW IGNORANT OF YOU.

Yes, I use to watch fox all the time until I saw the product they are selling...it's called ignorance and fear and I don't subscribe to stupidity.

There's been surveys done and fox viewers ALWAYS come in LAST. FACTS!!!

In case you missed it I will say it one last time: FOX, MSNBC, & CNN ARE ALL WORTHLESS. I AM NOT A LIBERAL OR CONSERVATIVE...I DON'T PICK PARTY LINES BECAUSE IT MAKES YOU IGNORANT AND SMALL MINDED.

Ignorance and fear?  You mean like the apocolypse Obama and his minions predicted because of sequestor?   You mean the 170 million lost jobs promised by Maxine Waters.  Flights being cancelled and poison water? Now Obama has to back away from the comments.   

You have not watched Fox News except for Hannity obviously.  You need to start with America's newsroom at 9:00am eastern with Bill Hemmer and Martha MacCallum and then Happening Now and America Live.  That will take you to Studio B with Shepherd Smith at 2pm eastern and then OPINION shows with Neil Cavuto and THE FIVE.  I'd watch The Factor also if you want to be educated.  O'Reilly calls people out right and left. 

I'm telling you these shows give both sides of the issue and that's the problem with the other networks especially NBC and PMSNBC.  They do not.  I mean FOX News could be forgiven if their general news coverage outside the opinion shows was in fact blatantly on the right because at least they could say there is a balance now in the media.  But Fox doesn't do that.  They do report and let the viewer decide. Fox has many liberals on staff like Juan Williams, Bob Beckel, Krysten Powers and many more all giving the other side.  NBC and MSNBC have no conservatives.  They are not objective nor do they try to be but yet claim to be.

I watch all the networks and keep track as best I can.  The leftist bias is so obvious on the other channels which stands to reason because it is dominated by liberals with no counter force by conservatives.  Same thing with major newspapers.  Of course they're bias towards the left because nearly all Publishers and Editors are liberals.  No big deal that's just the way it is. 

It is so ironic that you claim to be unbiased and apolitical.  If that were true then you would be a fan of FOX News because they do have both sides where the others do not.  You can only claim then that FOX is the 'ringleader" of fear and ignorance if in fact you are a liberal.   

ya they watch pieces of some debate on a show on the fox news channel ... and because theres  a fox news ticker always running at the bottom of the fox news channels screen . the liberals  say thats fox news ,,

shawn hannity is not  fox news .. he does have a tv show that generates  income for the fox news channel , that otherwise would never be permitted on any of the liberal tv channels .. up till the mid 1990s there was only liberal tv channels . and fox decided to let the world see the other side of the arguement .. so the liberals hate fox news .. its as simple as that .. 

most americans were and still are greatful for fox news .. they have exposed the rst of the networks for what they are .. now fox has  higher  ratings than all of them combined ..

after 40 straight years of democrats running congress in the united states .. fox news showed the republican side of the arguement . and ended the 40 years of democrats running in the red .... and the republican congress shut down the govt and balanced the budget .. liberals hate that only because it makes the republicans look smarter than the liberals .. so they try to say clinton is responsible for balancing the budget ,, but the truth is the republicans  had to shut the federal govt down twice while clinton was president to force him to sign a balanced budget

Nice Dontlop!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

So what's the bottom line guys?  Are we in for $1 or are we screwed?  Should we all sell our dinar?

I want to thank Captain Wingnut again for his astute and very detailed explaination of why this should go to $1. Frankly it's the only post that kept me awake. :P

Have a good evening y'all.

• Upvote 3

So what's the bottom line guys?  Are we in for $1 or are we screwed?  Should we all sell our dinar?

I want to thank Captain Wingnut again for his astute and very detailed explaination of why this should go to $1. Frankly it's the only post that kept me awake. :P

Have a good evening y'all.

lmao, Is that a loaded question or what?  :lol:

Seriously though I for one think at least a dollar. 

As an old behavioral psychologist :surgeon: I'm used

to looking at actions-reactions and asking WHY? :confused:

Okay HERE WE GO,

What if I were in charge of the RV? (scary)

If I were responsible for revaluing the Dinar

I would bring it in in at a 1 to 1 value with the U.S. Dollar

and hold that value for a time.

This could be done pegged at 1:1 and then released

later on a managed float.

Thanks All in advance

for reading my :twocents: worth of thoughts.

CaptainWingnut

Go RV :twothumbs:

SOON :woot::backflip:

Can you please explain how this would come about.

Under International accounting standards,companies cannot change in value,have to be valued on historical cost basis. If a company was 116 billion dinar, it would become 100 million dinar. Only common sense, take Bank of Baghdad, part of an international group, one bank cannot suddenly become worth more than the rest of the group put together.

Banks are just like companies their capital would also be reduced. It is my understanding that money on deposit is an asset of the bank and would also be reduced. Makes sense,cannot really reduce one without the other or bank would be immediately bankrupt.

So we would have a situation where people with money in the bank would be no better off but you become quite wealthy if it is in your hip pocket. Is this really feasible?

I wish someone would come along and explain how this RV could be implemented in the real world.

• Downvote 1

Under International accounting standards,companies cannot change in value,have to be valued on historical cost basis. If a company was 116 billion dinar, it would become 100 million dinar. Only common sense, take Bank of Baghdad, part of an international group, one bank cannot suddenly become worth more than the rest of the group put together.

Banks are just like companies their capital would also be reduced. It is my understanding that money on deposit is an asset of the bank and would also be reduced. Makes sense,cannot really reduce one without the other or bank would be immediately bankrupt.

So we would have a situation where people with money in the bank would be no better off but you become quite wealthy if it is in your hip pocket. Is this really feasible?

I wish someone would come along and explain how this RV could be implemented in the real world.

iraq doesnt have an international currency right now so they dont have to conform to anything ..i believe we are all waiting for them to make these changes before they become an internatrional currency ..not after .. anything they do has to be before they go international with the dinar ..after that yes i agree they have to play by the rules ..  .. iraq is not listed with the imf .... no one has a dime in iraqs currency except us  here speculating .. its not like iraq has debts to pay in dinars .. so they cant change their  valuation.. all iraq foriegn payments  right now are in dollars or  euros or what ever foriegn currency they have but most of it is dollars from oil sales ..the only place they use dinars is in iraq . the international community has no say .. till they use their own currency  abroad .

you cant apply the dinar to international standards yet .

heres the link for  currencies under the imf .. iraq is not on the list   http://www.imf.org/external/np/fin/data/rms_five.aspx

Edited by dontlop

In the real world it can not happen. However, this is a dinar blog on the Internet. Here, anything is possible. The problem is that most of the people that read this stuff don't realize that they are reading someone's creative writing and they take it for fact. If I triple my initial investment, I will sing from the mountain tops. This isn't a lottery ticket, it's a long term investment. The kool aid is flowing and the brains are getting a good washing.

• Upvote 1

They wil be a donor country and thats directly from the world bank and you and I know that they cannot achieve this with a rate of 1166.  As far as a world reserve currency down the road doesnt seem like a bad idea with what is happening around the world involving currencies right about now.  The U.S dollar and the euro will decrease and will continue until something is done.

it does not matter if they become a donor nation it has nothing to so with there currency rate at all. it just means they will help other countries that are in need

there has been countless countries the are joined with there world bank and they are donors it did nothing to there currency. i read alot of articles about alot of other countries that did the same thing. and none of them said anything about there currency rate. i actually do research instead of saying woohoo this article must be about currency must be ready to rv

• Upvote 1

fiat currencys are not backed by anything . its the same thing as writing a check ..as far as domestically in iraq the fiat currency will be redeemable for goods and services ... just like here in the united states .. when i spend a dollar  its not backed by anything .its just a understanding  of its value  for exchange for goods and services ..  its just transfered to the next time its used .. it doesnt go to the federal reserve to be accounted for .. it goes from my pocket to the next guys pocket .. to the next guys pocket .. but if it leaves our country then it  must be given the same right  we  have here .. good for goods and services.. if someone wants to accept the dollar in their country . thats up to them ..most people dont except pesos in america because we have legal tender  laws.. we dont except canadian dollars ..or euros .. or any other currencies .. but they are exchangable ..therefore must meet the standards of tradable currencies

• Upvote 1

Where the IMF Gets its Money

Most resources for IMF loans are provided by member countries, primarily through their payment of quotas. Multilateral and bilateral borrowing arrangements provide a further backstop to IMF resources. In March 2011, the expanded and more flexible New Arrangements to Borrow (NAB) came into effect and was activated shortly thereafter. In addition, the Fund has signed a number of bilateral loan and note purchase agreements, which can be used to finance IMF-supported programs approved prior to the NAB activation. In the context of continued global financial instability, the Fund and creditor members are currently negotiating a 2012 round of bilateral loan and note purchase agreements to backstop quota and expanded NAB resources. Concessional lending and debt relief for low-income countries are financed through separate contribution-based trust funds.

Each member of the IMF is assigned a quota, based broadly on its relative size in the world economy, which determines its maximum contribution to the IMF’s financial resources. Upon joining the IMF, a country normally pays up to one-quarter of its quota in the form of widely accepted foreign currencies (such as the U.S. dollar, euro, yen, or pound sterling) or Special Drawing Rights (SDRs). The remaining three-quarters are paid in the country’s own currency.

if iraq plans on using its own currency at the imf . it will have to be globally exchangable .. because all the quotas go into the pot .. the fund .. and is used by all members when they need it and its used to help fund  developing countrys . if you are paying into the fund your a donor country or a creditor nation

Edited by dontlop

I remember years back, 2008, I used to read CNN a lot in my downtime/boredom and one thing I realized that they were very biased. I would like to note that I was introducing myself into reading into the media frequently and for politics as well. I noticed that CNN really had some sort of love for Obama while Obama was campaigning against Hillarious. Once Obama overtook Hillarious, the perspective of Hillarious had changed from the media perspective. Back than, the criticism of McCain didn't really start to come out until it was deteremined Obama vs. McCain. The articles changed depending on the situation where many postiive articles of democrats and negative articles of republicans. I used to find it interesting to read the comments because 95% of the commenters would post how they liked or favored the article and the 5% who opposed were bashed by the other 95%. Keep in mind, I realized this prior to having any personal opinion of my own. The end conclusion is that I ended up realizing that media outlets are quite biased and so are the people who follow them.

But to bring this article back on topic, I believe the 1:1 argument seems logical from a psychological standpoint, it also is not a reason to say they "have to..."

If people were to argue that the value needs to be on par to the dollar (i.e., 1:1) and it was only the successful value to be at, it would completely push them to re-denominate.

Any significan value increases is good for the people of Iraq, because we can view it similar to a stimulus package to their economy (similar to how Bush & Obama put forth a stimulus package)

More money to the people may help reduce conflict as the standard of living increases. And as we view how any value increase helps the people, raising the value can help bring wealth to the people. To what extent will it okay for the people, the economy, and without hurting the reserves of the banks.

iraq doesnt have an international currency right now so they dont have to conform to anything ..i believe we are all waiting for them to make these changes before they become an internatrional currency ..not after .. anything they do has to be before they go international with the dinar ..after that yes i agree they have to play by the rules ..  .. iraq is not listed with the imf .... no one has a dime in iraqs currency except us  here speculating .. its not like iraq has debts to pay in dinars .. so they cant change their  valuation.. all iraq foriegn payments  right now are in dollars or  euros or what ever foriegn currency they have but most of it is dollars from oil sales ..the only place they use dinars is in iraq . the international community has no say .. till they use their own currency  abroad .

you cant apply the dinar to international standards yet .

heres the link for  currencies under the imf .. iraq is not on the list   http://www.imf.org/external/np/fin/data/rms_five.aspx

If you think that Iraq does not have to conform to international accounting standards, you ought to have a word with the IMF and the Auditors, save them a lot of time and effort.

• Downvote 1

In the real world it can not happen. However, this is a dinar blog on the Internet. Here, anything is possible. The problem is that most of the people that read this stuff don't realize that they are reading someone's creative writing and they take it for fact. If I triple my initial investment, I will sing from the mountain tops. This isn't a lottery ticket, it's a long term investment. The kool aid is flowing and the brains are getting a good washing.

You could well be right. When I first started, the prediction was about 10 cents in 7 to 10 years. What is being talked about now just seems to be an accounting impossibility. The problem is that I have a background in accounting software and cannot give credibility to most of what gets said. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1