Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

To Veterans Everywhere

krome2ez

To Veterans Everywhere....

Posted by Blanka Stratford (cause leader)

Tell your friends about this

Share this Note

When a Veteran leaves the 'job' and retires to a better life, many are jealous, some are pleased, and others, who may have already retired, wonder if he knows what he is leaving behind, because we already know.

1. We know, for example, that after a lifetime of camaraderie that few experience, it will remain as a longing for those past times.

2. We know in the Military life there is a fellowship which lasts long after the uniforms are hung up in the back of the closet.

3. We know even if he throws them away, they will be on him with every step and breath that remains in his life. We also know how the very bearing of the man speaks of what he was and in his heart still is.

These are the burdens of the job. You will still look at people suspiciously, still see what others do not see or choose to ignore and always will look at the rest of the Military world with a respect for what they do; only grown in a lifetime of knowing.

Never think for one moment you are escaping from that life. You are only escaping the 'job' and merely being allowed to leave 'active' duty.

So what I wish for you is that whenever you ease into retirement, in your heart you never forget for one moment that you are still a member of the greatest fraternity the world has ever known.

NOW... Civilian Friends vs. Veteran Friends Comparisons:

CIVILIAN FRIENDS: Get upset if you're too busy to talk to them for a week.

VETERAN FRIENDS: Are glad to see you after years, and will happily carry on the same conversation you were having the last time you met.

----------------------------------------------------

CIVILIAN FRIENDS: Have never seen you cry.

VETERAN FRIENDS: Have cried with you.

---------------------------------------------------

CIVILIAN FRIENDS: Keep your stuff so long they forget it's yours.

VETERAN FRIENDS: Borrow your stuff for a few days then give it back.

--------------------------------------------------

CIVILIAN FRIENDS: Know a few things about you.

VETERAN FRIENDS: Could write a book with direct quotes from you.

CIVILIAN FRIENDS: Will leave you behind if that's what the crowd is doing.

VETERAN FRIENDS: Will stand by you no matter what the crowd does.

CIVILIAN FRIENDS: Are for a while.

VETERAN FRIENDS: Are for life.

CIVILIAN FRIENDS: Have shared a few experiences...

VETERAN FRIENDS: Have shared a lifetime of experiences no citizen could ever dream of...

CIVILIAN FRIENDS: Will take your drink away when they think you've had enough.

VETERAN FRIENDS: Will look at you stumbling all over the place and say, 'You better drink the rest of that before you spill it!' Then carry you home safely and put you to bed...

-----------------------------------------------------

CIVILIAN FRIENDS: Will ignore this.

VETERAN FRIENDS: Will forward this.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, served one hitch, or reserve is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The Government of the United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life'.

From one Veteran to another, it's an honor to be in your company. Thank you for your service to our country and defending the freedoms we enjoy.

• Upvote 9

***/// ***/// ***///

Thank you for thinking of us.... and what's more -- telling us so. :)

Today we'll be over at the VA Hospital cheering up friends there....

and by 'Friends'... we mean every single Troop there.

We'll be feeling extra special ourselves today for all your kind words AND

we'll share this post with all of them today, as well.. :)

Have A Day Filled With Loving Thoughts of Those We Know & Love.

Happy St. Valentine's Day :wub:

• Upvote 2

I respect everything you have stated and agree. But however as a veteran of the British Army of 29 years’ service I think that your comments should include the UK forces as well. I served in Desert Storm (Gulf war one) with your Marines on forward recon going through on the Big Red One. On the second Gulf war I spent a total of 26 months in Iraq and then a 16 month straight stretch in Afghanistan. I would think all veterans of the collation forces deserve the same respect.

• Upvote 3

My closest friends are those I met in the military, I love them. My husband And I met at the Dallas MEPS in 2003! So Im also married to one. As much as the field I as in pissed me off, I have to admit I love my time in the AF because of the mutual bonds with people. It don't matter if your at chow, it was always easy to become instant friends with people cuz you all disliked the same **** mostly. Haha!

It's the only place I ever heard of a " mandatory 5k fun run" on a fn Saturday!

Here is a nice tale that happened to me...straight out of basic training, I was stationed at Keesler AFB, Biloxi MS. We were having a parade for our commander who was leaving anyways for my civilian friends what this means is you get to dress up in your blues on a Saturday ( i was severely dehydrated and hungover, cuz the previous night was Friday and I'd been drinking, a lot) ( no I was not allowed to drink but I did anyway) they call that derelection of duty btw! So I had to be in formation at 0630 am in that hot, humid MS heat. We march to the parade grounds where they had at least 200 of us standing at ease in formation waiting for the fn hooplah to begin, meanwhile I'm sweating profusely and dying out there, my MTL is walking through making sure we are squared away and no irish pendants are exposed and no scuffs on our low quarters, stops at me and says "well what the hell happened to you?" of course I'm not going to admit that I drank!! he continues by saying "monville you better not fall out."

30 minutes before parade they have us at attention, now I'm really dying I thought for sure I needed a medic, I felt like throwing up, I was praying to god to stop the torture all I wanted to do was lay my head down. Well I got a chance to do just that!!! Finally the parade begins about 10 minutes in I see tunnel vision and know I'm about to fall out, but can't communicate it to the guys standing around me, but they noticed cuz right before passing out I remember being whispered to in a very loud commanding tone from my MTL who evidently had kept his eye on me, "DAmn it Monville" bam fall forward I just remember being carried to the back where they gave me water were fanning me and then said to fall back into ranks....hahahaha seriously!

Keesler AFB had a record fallout that day of 74 people! No, I'm not proud of that, but it is what it is.

• Upvote 2

To Veterans Everywhere....

Posted by Blanka Stratford (cause leader)

Tell your friends about this

Share this Note

When a Veteran leaves the 'job' and retires to a better life, many are jealous, some are pleased, and others, who may have already retired, wonder if he knows what he is leaving behind, because we already know.

1. We know, for example, that after a lifetime of camaraderie that few experience, it will remain as a longing for those past times.

2. We know in the Military life there is a fellowship which lasts long after the uniforms are hung up in the back of the closet.

3. We know even if he throws them away, they will be on him with every step and breath that remains in his life. We also know how the very bearing of the man speaks of what he was and in his heart still is.

These are the burdens of the job. You will still look at people suspiciously, still see what others do not see or choose to ignore and always will look at the rest of the Military world with a respect for what they do; only grown in a lifetime of knowing.

Never think for one moment you are escaping from that life. You are only escaping the 'job' and merely being allowed to leave 'active' duty.

So what I wish for you is that whenever you ease into retirement, in your heart you never forget for one moment that you are still a member of the greatest fraternity the world has ever known.

NOW... Civilian Friends vs. Veteran Friends Comparisons:

CIVILIAN FRIENDS: Get upset if you're too busy to talk to them for a week.

VETERAN FRIENDS: Are glad to see you after years, and will happily carry on the same conversation you were having the last time you met.

CIVILIAN FRIENDS: Have never seen you cry.

VETERAN FRIENDS: Have cried with you.

CIVILIAN FRIENDS: Keep your stuff so long they forget it's yours.

VETERAN FRIENDS: Borrow your stuff for a few days then give it back.

--------------------------------------------------

CIVILIAN FRIENDS: Know a few things about you.

VETERAN FRIENDS: Could write a book with direct quotes from you.

CIVILIAN FRIENDS: Will leave you behind if that's what the crowd is doing.

VETERAN FRIENDS: Will stand by you no matter what the crowd does.

CIVILIAN FRIENDS: Are for a while.

VETERAN FRIENDS: Are for life.

CIVILIAN FRIENDS: Have shared a few experiences...

VETERAN FRIENDS: Have shared a lifetime of experiences no citizen could ever dream of...

CIVILIAN FRIENDS: Will take your drink away when they think you've had enough.

VETERAN FRIENDS: Will look at you stumbling all over the place and say, 'You better drink the rest of that before you spill it!' Then carry you home safely and put you to bed...

-----------------------------------------------------

CIVILIAN FRIENDS: Will ignore this.

VETERAN FRIENDS: Will forward this.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, served one hitch, or reserve is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The Government of the United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life'.

From one Veteran to another, it's an honor to be in your company. Thank you for your service to our country and defending the freedoms we enjoy.

THIS IS WONDERFUL - Thank you for sharing !!!!

Happy Valentine's Day All Veterans

01.gif

• Upvote 1

I respect everything you have stated and agree. But however as a veteran of the British Army of 29 years’ service I think that your comments should include the UK forces as well. I served in Desert Storm (Gulf war one) with your Marines on forward recon going through on the Big Red One. On the second Gulf war I spent a total of 26 months in Iraq and then a 16 month straight stretch in Afghanistan. I would think all veterans of the collation forces deserve the same respect.

It says "Veterans Everywhere." :twothumbs:/>

Thank you for your service, sir. :salute:/>

Edited by krome2ez
  • Upvote 2

Well after 9 years in the infantry I can tell you that I served with several other countries and you are correct that you deserve and have earned my respect. Thanks duty.rec, and thank you to all my brothers and sisters in arms.

• Upvote 2

It says "Veterans Everywhere." :twothumbs:/>/>

Thank you for your service, sir. :salute:/>/>

Thank you +1

Go RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

Well after 9 years in the infantry I can tell you that I served with several other countries and you are correct that you deserve and have earned my respect. Thanks duty.rec, and thank you to all my brothers and sisters in arms.

Thank you +1

Go RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

• Upvote 2

After 20 years of service to the greatest country on this planet - I would not change one experience in that time frame. Many friends come and go in life - but the friends - comrades in arms, who I have ran across over the many years - will always have that bond that won't be broken. The experience of being a Veteran is new for me - but it's the next chapter in my life. I love looking back over it all - and I thank God that he gave me the wisdom, the strength and courage to face those many trials.

So if your not a Veteran - then I encourage you to visit with one. Talk to them about their experiences. I am sure that they will enjoy sharing with you their experiences.......

Oh - I am always up for hanging with Veterans and current military members and downing a few suds....Name the place - date and time!!!