Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Heard A Rumor It Might Not Heppen

What? I just innocently was inquiring if there was anything to substantiate the rumor that an RV might not be imminent. That's all - Peace

Of course you were......................hows the fishing on the lake?

Speaking of rumors... Has anyone heard anything from Lonnie Freels lately? Where's he been hiding? I kinda miss the old coot.

Dinarck/Seetrader/Fib- Have'nt seen him around...................you? Funny how some are'nt what they seem...eh?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Of course you were......................hows the fishing on the lake?

Dinarck/Seetrader/Fib- Have'nt seen him around...................you? Funny how some are'nt what they seem...eh?

Dinarck has forgotten more about this "investment" than I'll ever know. One of the sharpest people I've run into on any dinar site.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

If that's how you feel then why are you holding 1 Million yourself? :blink:/> P-L-E-A-S-E! :blink:/> Go hang with the rest of the naysayers in the LOPster Tank, the water is nice and COLD!

I'm not, Einstein. I was showing absurdity by being absurd. I almost bought a boatload though. Some gal really sold it to me persistantly with great passion. Now she's embarrassed. And to think I'm fairly gullable. I'm surprised I didn't. But when I looked up everything I could about the Dinar and what I know about basic economics, currency, history and basic math it just didn't add up. I mean "So yer tellin' me there's a chance" would be too optimistic. I believe it's just a mathamatical impossibility for the Dinar to appreciate at all.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 7

HIgh risk implies low probability of success but high returns. But low probability implies at least that it is possible. That is the issue, not how likely an huge (10x or greater) RV is, but if its possible at all. I don't think it is. A lotto ticket is very high risk (but the amount at risk is very low) as the odds of a pay off are wildly against you (100M to one or so), but it WILL pay someone. I don't think that is the case here.

Well, if the Revaluation of the Iraqi Dinar is considered high risk ... and it is ... then low probability of success ... which it has ... those who don't cave and sell off their dinar should, if the revaluation does succeed, score a high rate of return.

And, of course that is what we are all hoping, wishing, and in most cases praying for, a high return. Because we all believe, of course, that the risk is only high to those who have not been smart enough to buy dinar and join us on the RV roller coaster.

But I sometimes wonder if forum members and posters are not just deluding themselves hoping and wishing for a high return, and absolutely sure they will have it, and are not looking at the high risk factor. I know a lot of people seem to believe that this is the exception to the rule. This is the time when there is absolutely no risk. All those people who are laughing at us for being so single minded about the RV are the ones who will be sorry come RV time ... whenever that may be. Personally I expect it to happen for my heirs, not for me. Remember that our single minded belief in the dinar and the RV are based on nothing ... absolutely no proof at all.

[/font]

But whatever it is that keeps us here [/b]and "knowing" that we are right, I find it interesting how most of us back that up ... through the rumor category ... knowing that rumors are based solely on what someone has said ... with absolutely no proof whatsoever.

When there is a rumor that is good, that gives a great rate of revaluation especially, or maybe even sometimes when a rumor gives a date, or small chunk of time within which the RV will absolutely happen, with great reasons why it should happen then ... we seem to grab on to that rumor and go with it ... belief is rebuilt and faith is renewed ... with absolutely no proof at all.

But when there is a rumor that is negative, with a low revaluation rate, or maybe a date that is so far away it is just impossible to make any plans for using the money for the kids university costs, or some such thing that depends on or is limited by time ... well, then we tear the rumor apart, ruthlessly, deciding not to believe even one word of it, and justify our response with the reminder that rumors are, after all, based on nothing, absolutely no proof at all.

In reality, and this is not a rumor but observation, we, as dinar speculators, are prone to being a little deaf, dumb and blind when it comes to what we truly believe or disbelieve, and why or why not. We are too apt to let emotions, and wishes, and in a lot of cases 'need', factor into the equation. Not smart behavior at all. And, hey, I am not saying this about just other people on the forum, I am one of you. I have those hopes and wishes and I do my share of praying for the RV and making it a prayer about soon rather than how much. Yup, I am one of those who lets the emotions decide which rumors to throw away and which ones might just be on the money. And you guessed it ... with absolutely no proof at all either way.

Having such a "negative" rumor come to the forum is a great way to expose some of our dinar prejudices ... pro RV and con RV.

;)

smee2

Edited by smee2
  • Upvote 2

Dinarck has forgotten more about this "investment" than I'll ever know. One of the sharpest people I've run into on any dinar site.

Thanks...................Dinarck

I'm not, Einstein. I was showing absurdity by being absurd. I almost bought a boatload though. Some gal really sold it to me persistantly with great passion. Now she's embarrassed. And to think I'm fairly gullable. I'm surprised I didn't. But when I looked up everything I could about the Dinar and what I know about basic economics, currency, history and basic math it just didn't add up. I mean "So yer tellin' me there's a chance" would be too optimistic. I believe it's just a mathamatical impossibility for the Dinar to appreciate at all.

It's cool you got it all figured out................lol

Dinarck is so sharp,eh? hmmmmmmmmmm seems he invested in dinar as well. Now spends his time telling folks how stupid/foolish they are for same.............hypocrit imo-peace

• Upvote 3

Well, if the Revaluation of the Iraqi Dinar is considered high risk ... and it is ... then low probability of success ... which it has ... those who don't cave and sell off their dinar should, if the revaluation does succeed, score a high rate of return.

And, of course that is what we are all hoping, wishing, and in most cases praying for, a high return. Because we all believe, of course, that the risk is only high to those who have not been smart enough to buy dinar and join us on the RV roller coaster.

But I sometimes wonder if forum members and posters are not just deluding themselves hoping and wishing for a high return, and absolutely sure they will have it, and are not looking at the high risk factor. I know a lot of people seem to believe that this is the exception to the rule. This is the time when there is absolutely no risk. All those people who are laughing at us for being so single minded about the RV are the ones who will be sorry come RV time ... whenever that may be. Personally I expect it to happen for my heirs, not for me. Remember that our single minded belief in the dinar and the RV are based on nothing ... absolutely no proof at all.

[/font]

But whatever it is that keeps us here [/b]and "knowing" that we are right, I find it interesting how most of us back that up ... through the rumor category ... knowing that rumors are based solely on what someone has said ... with absolutely no proof whatsoever.

When there is a rumor that is good, that gives a great rate of revaluation especially, or maybe even sometimes when a rumor gives a date, or small chunk of time within which the RV will absolutely happen, with great reasons why it should happen then ... we seem to grab on to that rumor and go with it ... belief is rebuilt and faith is renewed ... with absolutely no proof at all.

But when there is a rumor that is negative, with a low revaluation rate, or maybe a date that is so far away it is just impossible to make any plans for using the money for the kids university costs, or some such thing that depends on or is limited by time ... well, then we tear the rumor apart, ruthlessly, deciding not to believe even one word of it, and justify our response with the reminder that rumors are, after all, based on nothing, absolutely no proof at all.

In reality, and this is not a rumor but observation, we, as dinar speculators, are prone to being a little deaf, dumb and blind when it comes to what we truly believe or disbelieve, and why or why not. We are too apt to let emotions, and wishes, and in a lot of cases 'need', factor into the equation. Not smart behavior at all. And, hey, I am not saying this about just other people on the forum, I am one of you. I have those hopes and wishes and I do my share of praying for the RV and making it a prayer about soon rather than how much. Yup, I am one of those who lets the emotions decide which rumors to throw away and which ones might just be on the money. And you guessed it ... with absolutely no proof at all either way.

Having such a "negative" rumor come to the forum is a great way to expose some of our dinar prejudices ... pro RV and con RV.

;)/>

smee2

Well said. Its a very natural thing to do (its a big part of why the "evidence" for WMD in Iraq was accepted by the Bush administration when really it was pretty poor evidence if looked at objectively). Its just the way our brains are wired up. You can really stop it, but you can recognize that it is happening and adjust your thinking to counter act it.

Dinarck is so sharp,eh? hmmmmmmmmmm seems he invested in dinar as well. Now spends his time telling folks how stupid/foolish they are for same.............hypocrit imo-peace

You can bang on him all you want...but he pretty much made a fool out of anyone who dared to dive into the LOPster tank and challenge him.

;)

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

It would only be hypocritical if he did NOT say that he was also stupid and foolish for doing so, but he DOES say that.
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Thanks...................Dinarck

It's cool you got it all figured out................lol

Hahahaha Caz... you are so spot on!!! Funny how the quiet innocence of "wonder" turns to the "absolute" absurdity of an RV, all within the span of a short thread!!! The real Pudge is revealed, as I remember! Hahaha.... Give it a rest! Guess the agenda needed to be stirred! How transparent is this?!!!! Guess the paychecks started to slow down...

Yep, most shills are hypocrites! Good job Caz! :D

• Upvote 4

Commonsense says that something sometime will happen.

End Quote

There might probably be some gain but not as told in the beginning ( 1,000 fold or more).....And still so told by pumpers and hypers.

South Korea, one of the most industrialized Countries in the World ( and has been for a few decades) with an Economy deemed as "strong" , has a currency almost similar to the IQD in value.

Edited by umbertino

I'm sure you just missed adding "in your opinion" for I'm sure your not stating this as fact. If so you've just created a new definition-peace

No I am stating it as a fact. Clearly I am stating my view of things, but it is not an opinion in the sense of not having sufficient information to form a clear conclusion. A fact to some is not a fact to all. There are folks of course who do not acknowledge the fact that the earth and the universe are billions of years old. If you think there is some path that leads to Iraq having a money supply with a higher value than the money supply of the entire rest of the world, then by all means spell it out for us. Small RV's (0.1% or 1% or maybe even 5%) happen routinely and Iraq has sufficient reserves to do 5%, maybe even 10%. but 100,000% is not possible. Its not unlikely, its impossible. That's a fact.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I think that everyone should be prepared emotionally, mentally and financially for the dinar to never appreciate in value as it is a huge possibility that noting will be gained from owning it. That said though, I do see it appreciating over time but slowly. Just hang in there and give it time .

• Upvote 1

I enjoy discussion and to provide a counter to all the false info for folks like me who might get sucked into this. Why do you hang around here? (few who ask this seems to be willing to answer it).

Hello MakeCents.

I'll throw in my two cents here and tell you why I believe many hang around here and why we have dinar .

I'm not sure how old you are and what kind of quality of life you grew up with. I'm 50 and have steadily seen the quality of life in our Great country erode. My father was able to raise 3 kids, buy a house , and support his family while my mother stayed at home. We had all that we needed and more. We watched as our Government spent and spent and imposed hidden taxes upon us in the form of inflation. Eventually Mom had to go to work to maintain our simple lifestyle. Over the years it became harder and harder to save and finally in the last decade in order to maintain our lifestyles we had to borrow. I believe the majority of Americans live week to week as I see with my employees. I own several of my own businesses and fortunate but not by accident. 60-70 hours a week is the Norm as many small business owners will tell you.

But even as a business owner I truly have trouble saving, seems there is always something breaking down or unexpected expense coming out of nowhere. To be honest these expenses are Most often in the form of a tax.

Most people rely on their employeers to have some type of savings plan 401 K etc... for there retirement. Including Social Security which an employeer pays 50% of. We small business owners are being squeezed by our governments that I can no longer keep up with inflation with yearly pay increases. ( Headline Inflation is easliy in the double digets!!! )

So somehow we hear about the IQD and how we could make a lot of money. Most people I know have a very modest amount Say 1/2 a million dinars. So they put $500.00 down whether they could or could not afford it.

Was it greed that made them buy it? I don't think so. So many are unable to save let alone invest that this seemed like maybe , just maybe this was their one shot at making it. Now that the money is in a shoebox somewhere most have forgotten about it. In fact we were actually able to save our money ( who cares if its IQD ) the big thing is we were able to save!!! Truth is if we had not bought dinars we would have just pissed it away elsewhere and have nothing to show for it anyway.

If in fact Iraq Redenominates before increasing the value and we are forced to cash in it will be found money for many of us. Even with the spread!!

So I hang around listen to all and try to keep an open mind. Do I like hearing Lop talk? Doesnt really matter to me as Im not selling until forced to.

A far bigger risk in my opinion than spending a few hundred bucks on Dinar is our Governments spending problem. I'm sure you will agree with me that a collapse of the USD is possible.

End Game!

• Upvote 2

Hi SocalDinar,

I can relate to your story for sure. I'm a bit older than you (59) and indeed have been hard pressed to match the lifestyle my parents were able to generate. However I have been a careful investor for my entire life, taking a value based approach (with a few, small, high risk ventures, none of which ever paid off) and have done quite well in that regard, which is a good thing since I've been laid off now for nearly a year. So I understand the motivation for looking for a magic bullet, but alas the IQD is not going to be it. This is one of the things that is sad about this whole mess. A lot of nice folks have been fooled into thinking something is possible that is not. You're likely going to lose around 50% of your initial $500 with the spreads on both ends. Starting out in investing is really the hard part as you see so little gain in absolute terms. But, for your principal to grow to the point that normal percentage gains are looking good, you have to be patient and keep the seed corn in the ground so to speak.

Indeed government spending is a big problem in the US. Though I don't think we need (or can afford for our future) to make too drastic of cuts. We should certainly means test all government programs so they only go to those that need them. What we need to do for sure is keep the growth of spending lower than economic growth (i.e. so pretty flat year to year while the economy grows, all be it very slowly at present). In theory any currency can collapse, but I don't see this being remotely likely for the dollar. Its value can certainly erode (as it has been doing) by our spending (i.e. printing since most of our debt is owned by the Fed). Rather like early investing, we need to make some modest course corrections in our governments actions and stick to them, so 10 or 20 years from now things will be much better. There is no magic bullet for that problem either.

Best of luck.

Edited by makecents
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I respect your opinion Make Cents,

I hardly think of this as an investment, More like Vegas LOL, Easy enough to lose $250 on a blackjack table in an hour, But with this every day Im still playing. I do have to admit that I have quite a it more than 1/2 a million but its kind of like the equity in my properties, Really of no value unless I sell.

As far as the dollar goes Im a bit more wary than you. I invest only in tangible goods. Not paper. Every Fiat currency in the world has eventually failed. It could be as simple as a bank auction going bad and then the hedge funds wanting out selling dollars and then the domino effect will take over. This 40 year worldwide dollar backed fiat currency experiment is over and over sooner than you think.

Germany calling in it's gold is just the start!

thanks for the conversation

• Upvote 1

I respect your opinion Make Cents,

I hardly think of this as an investment, More like Vegas LOL, Easy enough to lose $250 on a blackjack table in an hour, But with this every day Im still playing. I do have to admit that I have quite a it more than 1/2 a million but its kind of like the equity in my properties, Really of no value unless I sell.

Except that your properties could produce a good return on your investment. If you can easily blow $250 in an hour in Vegas, and have quite a bit more than 1/2M IQD that is certain to be a lose, maybe your difficulty in getting ahead is not so much about the government's actions but your own. I don't mean to be out of line here since I know essentially nothing about you, but just food for thought.

Thanks for the conversation as well.

Edited by makecents

Thanks for looking out for me. Truth is I am way ahead. Two beautiful kids wonderful wife lots and lots of friends

I am blessed. Spend my spare time hunting, fishing. Scuba diving, dirt bike riding , off road racing . Money is not everything especially since you cant take it with you.

Playing it safe is boring my friend. Its Not really living but just waiting on death. Take a chance once in a while, try bungee jumping and see how it feels. At 59 you don't have many years left, take a chance and have some fun make cents. Try something new.

I have more than I need and could ever spend... But i like this game!! I love Vegas and the risk.@

But I do hate big government and they are the biggest single problem Americans face today.

When they dip into my bottom line sadly I am forced to let someone go. Just the way it is.

I take the risk not them. Just part of the game and I do know how to play it well.

Self employed my whole life , can you say the same?

Thanks for looking out for me. Truth is I am way ahead. Two beautiful kids wonderful wife lots and lots of friends

I am blessed. Spend my spare time hunting, fishing. Scuba diving, dirt bike riding , off road racing . Money is not everything especially since you cant take it with you.

Playing it safe is boring my friend. Its Not really living but just waiting on death. Take a chance once in a while, try bungee jumping and see how it feels. At 59 you don't have many years left, take a chance and have some fun make cents. Try something new.

Your making some unsupported assumptions about me. I've treked in Napal, biked in France, love SCUBA, been sky diving, and have a sport bike (though on that one I don't ride much anymore as I was not doing it enough to keep my skills up, though back a few years taking a course at Laguna Seca, now that was a rush!). I've worked for numerous startups all of which were fun but all eventually went under (but they paid my salary so no problem) as well as having my own consultancy that was very successful. I'm a careful investor and that has what has let me grow a great portfolio, not going for the quick buck/scheme.

I have more than I need and could ever spend...

Perhaps I misunderstood your previous lament about not being able to get ahead and so on. Edited by makecents

Sorry did not mean to assume anything. Good to see that you have adventure. Thats important. How much did it cost to Trek Nepal? Some might think that was a waste of money. Its all relative Make cents. Glad you enjoy Scuba ( hope you are not one of those Sport chalet divers ) had to through that in because I have been diving since I was 12 Years old. Not resort diving either.

Having your own business is important IMO also. Shows me that you have guts.

How much does one need to be happy? Im able to put my kids through a good college, Beans on the table and do ok, but it pisses me off seeing Government employees who take NO risk getting insane salaries on the backs of others ( US citizens ) How much should a librarian make? My small town pays out $160,000 a year, The meter maid makes $90 K.

As far as why people buy into the Dinar thats there choice. Is the IQD undervalued? I think so, Could we see an increase in the rate? Well we already have until it stopped moving on Jan 17 2009.

Will it make a difference if it does not change ? I dont think so as most here have somewhat small amounts involved. Is our money making anything in the bank? Not really.

Just answering your question why I hang around Dinar Vets. Its not to poke fun at people or tell them they are mad.

This I dont understand at all. Its like some people feel the need to protect others from themselves. Kind of like Government!!!!

I really enjoy this game. I watch it and play it like a game. Am I crazy or a fool. Maybe, but its only money.

I learned long ago that you can always make more.