Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Obama vs Romney Debate

Markinsa

128 members have voted

1. 1. Who Won?

• Obama
    • Romney
    • Tie
    • Didn't Watch

Finally we agree on something! Lol! But...this particular administration (regime) is intent on making it extremely difficult to do business. Everything is more expensive (and going up). A healthy economy is essential to have a thriving business. Our economy is in free-fall and either these people are completely incompetent or they're doing it on purpose. Either way - they've got to go! (Are we still in agreement? Didn't think so! Still blaming Bush? Lol!) Obama has had plenty of time to turn things around or at least steer us away from the cliff and I see NO evidence of that. Incompetent or on purpose? Take your pick - Obama sucks!

Snotrocket, we really can agree on quite a lot. Do you have a thought of where the fault lies? There's hardly a place to truly place a fault. We can play Monday morning quarterback for years to come. History easily allows us to apply fault.

Not very much in the world depreciates; so yes, just about everything goes up year after year. Where or how would it stop --- I have no idea but a president will not change it.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Snotrocket, we really can agree on quite a lot. Do you have a thought of where the fault lies? There's hardly a place to truly place a fault. We can play Monday morning quarterback for years to come. History easily allows us to apply fault.

Not very much in the world depreciates; so yes, just about everything goes up year after year. Where or how would it stop --- I have no idea but a president will not change it.

Yes, I think I have a pretty good idea. The short answer is inflation caused by the fed's disastrous monetary policies - printing money that deflates the value of our dollar. In addition to that, we have the refusal of the regime to allow us to move toward energy independence - in fact O has been determined to drive up energy costs for everyone (causing the closure of coal fire electricity plants and denying permits to drill on public lands and off-shore making us more - not less - dependent on foreign oil) which drives up the cost of everything. Add to that the exploding burdens on taxpayers due to policies that invite, rather than deter illegal immigrant's dependence on our welfare system (healthcare, food, housing, etc.). Foreign aid - especially to countries that hate us, a seemingly endless string of social programs that keep people just comfortable enough in poverty that they lose their incentive to rely on themselves, the rising cost of healthcare due to lack of true reform (free market choice and competition, tort reform), the devastated housing market caused by years of banks being forced to make loans to folks that didn't qualify, artificially low interest rates that deter people from saving and investing, bail outs to the "too big to fail" banks and the auto industry......there are so many more examples of progressive/liberal policy (throwing money at a problem)...but I did say "short list"! Basically, mortaging our future by borrowing money from China to pay for crap we don't need with money we don't have.

A president can and does influence the economy and O has been a disaster. My hope (and I'm willing to stake my children's future on it) is that Romney can and will stop the bleeding of the "THOUSANDS of knife wounds" Divemaster so artfully referred to in post #95. He wasn't my first choice but I do think he has what it takes.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

Yes, I think I have a pretty good idea. The short answer is inflation caused by the fed's disastrous monetary policies - printing money that deflates the value of our dollar. In addition to that, we have the refusal of the regime to allow us to move toward energy independence - in fact O has been determined to drive up energy costs for everyone (causing the closure of coal fire electricity plants and denying permits to drill on public lands and off-shore making us more - not less - dependent on foreign oil) which drives up the cost of everything. Add to that the exploding burdens on taxpayers due to policies that invite, rather than deter illegal immigrant's dependence on our welfare system (healthcare, food, housing, etc.). Foreign aid - especially to countries that hate us, a seemingly endless string of social programs that keep people just comfortable enough in poverty that they lose their incentive to rely on themselves, the rising cost of healthcare due to lack of true reform (free market choice and competition, tort reform), the devastated housing market caused by years of banks being forced to make loans to folks that didn't qualify, artificially low interest rates that deter people from saving and investing, bail outs to the "too big to fail" banks and the auto industry......there are so many more examples of progressive/liberal policy (throwing money at a problem)...but I did say "short list"! Basically, mortaging our future by borrowing money from China to pay for crap we don't need with money we don't have.

A president can and does influence the economy and O has been a disaster. My hope (and I'm willing to stake my children's future on it) is that Romney can and will stop the bleeding of the "THOUSANDS of knife wounds" Divemaster so artfully referred to in post #95. He wasn't my first choice but I do think he has what it takes.

Thanks for your reply!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Spot on!

• Upvote 1

No, not spot on as accurate but you may regard his thoughts as spot on of yours.

The fact that you felt that you had to clarify my statement/opinion well, frankly makes you sound pretty SIMPLE..... and I did not neg you....

• Upvote 3

The fact that you felt that you had to clarify my statement/opinion well, frankly makes you sound pretty SIMPLE..... and I did not neg you....

And you see I didn't neg you either.... I don't mind simplifying for some. :)

Lots of people have Snotrocket's view of the Obama administration but the things he listed were not accurate. It's merely a compilation of hearsay and phony writers.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

I don't mind simplifying for some. :)

Lots of people have Snotrocket's view of the Obama administration but the things he listed were not accurate. It's merely a compilation of hearsay and phony writers.

An inaccurate compilation of hearsay and phony writers...... :lol:

Uh, okay.....you just keep telling yourself that! It really does explain a lot. I find it very revealing that you can dismiss any and all evidence that O is a complete failure (unless you also would like to sink America in which case, you must be very proud!). You're right about one thing - history will shine a light on the truth and it won't be pretty for O and the leftists.

BTW...I'm not just a shameless and outspoken conservative...I'm also a gal ! ;)

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

An inaccurate compilation of hearsay and phony writers...... laugh.gif

Uh, okay.....you just keep telling yourself that! It really does explain a lot. I find it very revealing that you can dismiss any and all evidence that O is a complete failure (unless you also would like to sink America in which case, you must be very proud!). You're right about one thing - history will shine a light on the truth and it won't be pretty for O and the leftists.

BTW...I'm not just a shameless and outspoken conservative...I'm also a gal ! wink.gif

Yep! That's my gal, Dagny! wink.gif

• Upvote 3

th_smiley_two_thumbs_up.gif

424583_494447493899540_491353112_n.jpg

biggrin.gif

• Upvote 3

An inaccurate compilation of hearsay and phony writers...... :lol:

BTW...I'm not just a shameless and outspoken conservative...I'm also a gal ! ;)

One bone at a time:

The numbers speak for themselves. Since 2008, U.S. oil and natural gas production has increased each year, while imports of foreign oil have decreased.

• In 2011, U.S. crude oil production reached its highest level in 8 years, increasing by an estimated 110,000 barrels per day over 2010 levels to 5.59 million barrels per day.

• U.S. natural gas production grew in 2011 – the largest year-over-year volumetric increase in history – and easily eclipsed the previous all-time production record set in 1973.

Even if you fail to give the Obama Administration the credit it deserves in helping to expand this production, any notion that production has been blocked or slowed, doesn’t square with the facts.

• Upvote 1

One bone at a time:

The numbers speak for themselves. Since 2008, U.S. oil and natural gas production has increased each year, while imports of foreign oil have decreased.

• In 2011, U.S. crude oil production reached its highest level in 8 years, increasing by an estimated 110,000 barrels per day over 2010 levels to 5.59 million barrels per day.

• U.S. natural gas production grew in 2011 – the largest year-over-year volumetric increase in history – and easily eclipsed the previous all-time production record set in 1973.

Even if you fail to give the Obama Administration the credit it deserves in helping to expand this production, any notion that production has been blocked or slowed, doesn’t square with the facts.

All of the NEW Oil & Gas Prouduction has come from "PRIVATE" Lands. This production is in spite of what Obama has done, not because he encouraged it. There has been no NEW production from Government Lands.

-

• Upvote 2

All of the NEW Oil & Gas Prouduction has come from "PRIVATE" Lands. This production is in spite of what Obama has done, not because he encouraged it. There has been no NEW production from Government Lands.

Excellent reminder, Markinsa!! And true. Obama has done nothing to help our energy situation; indeed, has closed down every well he possibly could, and his flunkies tend to give numbers that, although they may be true, are distinctly misapplied. They do not reflect well on Obama doing anything to answer our desperate energy needs, but rather, highlight Obama's own huge failures.

Edited by Markinsa
Repaired Quote Box
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

-

That's duly noted Markinsa... The arguement was: O has been determined to drive up energy costs for everyone (causing the closure of coal fire electricity plants and denying permits to drill on public lands and off-shore making us more - not less - dependent on foreign oil) which drives up the cost of everything.

In the wake of the largest oil spill in U.S. history the Obama Administration put in place important new standards that ensured that drilling continued, but that the lessons of the Deepwater Horizon oil spill were recognized, and guided future production. Today drilling and production continues, but in line with these important new standards. In fact, since new standards were put into place last year, the administration has approved hundreds of permits for drilling in the Gulf of Mexico, including:

• 308 permits for deep water drilling activities for 94 unique wells in the Gulf of Mexico and;

• 113 permits for shallow water wells in the Gulf of Mexico.

In fact, we are now permitting at levels seen before the Deepwater Horizon oil spill, all while meeting these important new standards.

• Upvote 2