Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

a financial advisers recommendation

I got out of this ride about three months ago based on sound advice from financial sources. The advice was to sell all but 10% of your holdings and recoup your costs. So i put all but 10% on ebay and sold it for what I paid less the ebay fees.

The rationale is this: "The economics of currency dictate that Iraq will RD first". That would be the time to buy, when the par value is established based on the newly issued currency and it is internationally traded. You wouldnt have to worry about how you will echange your holdings for a neutral or negative event. (the best adivce was ( "you may be stuck with non tradeable currency outside of Iraq") your costs would be far less than some dealer would charge you to exchange and with the dealer out of the equation, he's out of business. Ride the investment buying the new currency through ETF"s, FOREX, or your bank for phyiscal holdings based on what you can afford as the new currency rates RV. You will have a liquid investment that you can sell or reinvest through any exchange at any time. The increase in value will offest any operational costs and in most cases all taxes will be deferred resulting in a slow but steady profit on your new investment. The 10% holdback is your emotional cushion and will allow you to get a life outside of the dinar world...it worked for me and i feel like i am still part of this, but I have a plan based on reality.

• Upvote 12
  • Downvote 28

***///

BLACK77.... you lost all 3 of us here in the very 1st sentence...

..."sound advice from financial sources"..... :lol::lmao::P

Son, like Old Sarge used to say,

"if your crazy enough to let somebody else tell you what to do with your money,

you're too irresponsible to have it in the first place"!

• Upvote 9

I got out of this ride about three months ago based on sound advice from financial sources. The advice was to sell all but 10% of your holdings and recoup your costs. So i put all but 10% on ebay and sold it for what I paid less the ebay fees.

The rationale is this: "The economics of currency dictate that Iraq will RD first". That would be the time to buy, when the par value is established based on the newly issued currency and it is internationally traded. You wouldnt have to worry about how you will echange your holdings for a neutral or negative event. (the best adivce was ( "you may be stuck with non tradeable currency outside of Iraq") your costs would be far less than some dealer would charge you to exchange and with the dealer out of the equation, he's out of business. Ride the investment buying the new currency through ETF"s, FOREX, or your bank for phyiscal holdings based on what you can afford as the new currency rates RV. You will have a liquid investment that you can sell or reinvest through any exchange at any time. The increase in value will offest any operational costs and in most cases all taxes will be deferred resulting in a slow but steady profit on your new investment. The 10% holdback is your emotional cushion and will allow you to get a life outside of the dinar world...it worked for me and i feel like i am still part of this, but I have a plan based on reality.

There you go. You just had to go outside and find some sound source for financial advise. Come on, now. Does this guy, who happens to have a degree in economics or commercial finance, actually know what he/she is talking about? Especially someone with perhaps years, if not decades, of hands-on experience in how to accumulate wealth. :twothumbs:

The person that negged you is mad that you didn't go them first for advise. You broke their heart, man. You broke their heart. ;):(

• Upvote 3

***///

BLACK77.... you lost all 3 of us here in the very 1st sentence...

..."sound advice from financial sources"..... :lol::lmao::P

Son, like Old Sarge used to say,

"if your crazy enough to let somebody else tell you what to do with your money,

you're too irresponsible to have it in the first place"!

The financial advisor was referred to me by the branch manager at WF. He reviewed my portfolio and gave me his recommendations. Thats all there is to it. I found it to be sound advice.....I would also like to say: welcome home, Sarge and thank you for your service to our country....De Opresso Libre

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Well, good for you. Risk and reward has always been the norm in the currency game. I don't even have to bother with; why you would need to come in here and announce your decision. I guess we all need a little attention. BTW, my dog is in this fight, for the duration. Thanks for playing!!!! :lol:

• Upvote 1

Sound advice is based on experience. While some point to Kuwait as an an example of an RV, I think the Iraqi situation will be a unique event and your sound advice may not anticipate all outcomes. In fact I'm betting on it.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Well, good for you. Risk and reward has always been the norm in the currency game. I don't even have to bother with; why you would need to come in here and announce your decision. I guess we all need a little attention. BTW, my dog is in this fight, for the duration. Thanks for playing!!!! :lol:

I joined this forum to gain insight and share my personal experience. I believe this is posted under the correct topic...I'm just giving you my 25 dinars worth....

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

I joined this forum to gain insight and share my personal experience. I believe this is posted under the correct topic...I'm just giving you my 25 dinars worth....

Does that represent your 10%? Just joking!!!! I understand you wanting to state your position. It is just like, you're rubbing salt into a wound. I mean you are coming onto a forum, that in the whole, feels as if some profit will be made.

You are throwing your hands up and giving up the majority of your position and you expect a warm and fuzzy response. Hey, glad to hear that you kept a little. :D

• Upvote 1

Does that represent your 10%? Just joking!!!! I understand you wanting to state your position. It is just like, you're rubbing salt into a wound. I mean you are coming onto a forum, that in the whole, feels as if some profit will be made.

You are throwing your hands up and giving up the majority of your position and you expect a warm and fuzzy response. Hey, glad to hear that you kept a little. :D

I'm sorry you feel this way....my motives were driven by greed and fear. It was controlling my life. Even @ 10% I feel that i am too heavy in this venture...I do not expect anything warm and fuzzy...Maybe i was looking for some support and rapport....I did not expect negatives and I hope you do not represent the majority of the members feelings in the way i was welcomed to this forum....

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

Out of this ride 3 months ago, and joined Dinar Vet forum, 3 days ago,,,blink.gif

• Upvote 6

Thanks for the post. The feeling must be that They might be rving a little soon, right? Lol...money to be made everywhere....

The financial advisor was referred to me by the branch manager at WF. He reviewed my portfolio and gave me his recommendations.

***///

BLACK77:

Think about what Sarge said....

If that WF guy who referred you knew this guy he referred you to as a financial wizard,

how come both of them are STILL working for a living dispensing referrals & advice and

not super rich and off living their dream(s) somewhere...?

Neither one owes a perfect stranger such as yourself anything,

but the pair of them seem interested in finder's/referral fees, percentages, and hourly consulting fees.

The 3 of us here at Camp Sarge suggest you DO THE HOMEWORK yourself and be responsible. No one knows

you better than you and what your true financial needs/requirements are.

"Financial guys are like teachers - those who can DO, those who can't TEACH.

They're leeching off your hard earned money. That's how/what they do.

DUH. <_<

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

***///

Reference our last post, don't anybody get your panties in a wad,

we're not talking about true educators (teachers),

just the know-it-alls who like to take advantage of people by telling them they're ignorant and only THEY can tell them what to do with THEIR money!

(Wall street got filthy rich doing this to the confused masses.) (bernie madoff, too...) et al....

Never hand your money over to someone who say's they know better than you what to so with it!

If they were THAT smart, they'd have their own money that they worked for and wouldn't have to take it away

from someone they deem more ignorant than themselves. Don't be a rube, boy!

And if the guy who referred you to the WIZARD works for WF,

he should probably be fired for sending you to an outside "wealth advisor"...

Of course, if he DID refer you in-house, he would miss out on that nice little "finder's/referral fee...)

wake up, son! :cigar:

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Out of this ride 3 months ago, and joined Dinar Vet forum, 3 days ago,,,blink.gif

Hey RW my friend...glad to see you posting. :tiphat:

Black77.....My investment (substantial) in this speculation adds up to less

than 1% of my portfolio.....So I guess Im close to being in the same boat as

you. However, you may have wanted to state your position a little differently.

Good advice might have been, to tell folks, that having diversified in other

areas, is a little safer than just counting on this one avenue.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

***///

Reference our last post, don't anybody get your panties in a wad,

we're not talking about true educators (teachers),

just the know-it-alls who like to take advantage of people by telling them they're ignorant and only THEY can tell them what to do with THEIR money!

(Wall street got filthy rich doing this to the confused masses.) (bernie madoff, too...) et al....

Never hand your money over to someone who say's they know better than you what to so with it!

If they were THAT smart, they'd have their own money that they worked for and wouldn't have to take it away

from someone they deem more ignorant than themselves. Don't be a rube, boy!

And if the guy who referred you to the WIZARD works for WF,

he should probably be fired for sending you to an outside "wealth advisor"...

Of course, if he DID refer you in-house, he would miss out on that nice little "finder's/referral fee...)

wake up, son! :cigar:

Ok Pop, wow sounds like you've been slammed a time or two by wizards...the info was free and the decision was mine. chill out with the blusterous comments...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I have been an investor for 40 years+

Attended a lot of classes and seminars.

Way back learned 2 basic rules.

1. DIVERSIFY

2 DO NOT invest in something you do not understand.

Oh one more , When you discover you made a mistake, get out. Completely

Edited by rockfl9
  • Upvote 2

ok here we go again with this or these pumpers trying to get you to sell off your dinars so you lose your dream..Black77 are you working for some one that wants to pump people to dump their dinars? so you can sweep up. but it has been said that if they remove most of the mcurrency out of ciculation then we will see an RV, well let me tell you.. you can sell yours but im keeping mine...keep 10% my asset, im keeping 100% and when we cash in see what your 10% nets you.....hayeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Hey RW my friend...glad to see you posting. tip_hat.gif

Black77.....My investment (substantial) in this speculation adds up to less

than 1% of my portfolio.....So I guess Im close to being in the same boat as

you. However, you may have wanted to state your position a little differently.

Good advice might have been, to tell folks, that having diversified in other

areas, is a little safer than just counting on this one avenue.

Hey Cris,,How you been, its great to see you, Hows Arizona?

There you go. You just had to go outside and find some sound source for financial advise. Come on, now. Does this guy, who happens to have a degree in economics or commercial finance, actually know what he/she is talking about? Especially someone with perhaps years, if not decades, of hands-on experience in how to accumulate wealth. th_smiley_two_thumbs_up.gif

The person that negged you is mad that you didn't go them first for advise. You broke their heart, man. You broke their heart. wink.gifsad.gif

You're response may be partially true. I know of at least four Fin/Adv that i've dealt with over years whose combined wealth is less than mine. So i ask you who should be asking/advising who? Experience and a degree are nice but does'nt necessarily equate to sucess.

• Upvote 2

I have been an investor for 40 years+

Attended a lot of classes and seminars.

Way back learned 2 basic rules.

1. DIVERSIFY

2 DO NOT invest in something you do not understand.

Oh one more , When you discover you made a mistake, get out. Completely

Seems there are A LOT that need to follow that one!! LOL

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

Fyi....there's very little insight to be gained on this forum. It's mostly wishful thiking and kool-aid drinkers that dominate the discussion.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2