Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

An Open letter to Ron Paul Supporters

TPSprayduster

I know as the letter writer says will fall on deaf ears but i had to try. This is not stirring the pot but a clear realization of what is about to happen.

An Open Letter to Ron Paul Supporters

http://hotair.com/greenroom/archives/2012/06/12/an-open-letter-to-ron-paul-supporters/

Dear Ron Paul Supporters,

It’s not easy to see your team lose. Trust me, I know. I grew up cheering for the Kansas City Royals. However, it’s time to concede defeat. Despite the fact that “Dr. Paul” has not officially dropped out of the presidential race, he himself has stopped actively campaigning. Unless Romney, Santorum and Gingrich mysteriously disappear, it’s borderline impossible for him to secure the nomination. In politics, sometimes you win and sometimes you lose. This time your candidate unfortunately came short. Hey, I feel your pain; Romney wasn’t my guy to begin with either. Up until a couple months ago, I was still pulling for a Paul Ryan presidency. However, it’s time for all of us to look past our differences and unite for Mitt Romney and against Barack Obama in November.

You may not agree with Mitt Romney’s policies, but would you rather have another 4 years of a Barack Obama presidency? If you believe our current president outshines his likely GOP opponent, then be my guest, vote against Governor Romeny. However, my guess is that most of you align more with Romney rather than Obama. Be aware that a vote for Ron Paul is now a vote against Mitt Romney. Some of you may claim that you plan on writing in Ron Paul because you vote on principle, not politics. Once again, I understand. I too am more of a principled, rather than a political voter. However, it is my principles that will be casting a vote for Mitt Romney in November. My values mostly align with our likely GOP candidate. On the other hand, my values strongly prevent me from casting a vote for Barack Obama. I believe that what we are fighting to protect, our republic and America values, is much more important than any political squabbles any of us have with Mitt Romney.

In the words of our current Commander in Chief: let me be clear. There are many Ron Paul fans in the United States who have thrust their support behind Mitt Romney to preserve the conservative cause in November. Rand Paul is one of these people. However, I would like to address the subset of Ron Paul fans who are so completely devoted to “Dr. Paul” that they are unable to see the irrationality in their own behavior. For example, please, please lay off Senator Rand Paul. Yes, the guy endorsed Mitt Romney. Yes, he has obviously given up on his father’s candidacy. Perhaps it’s time for many of you to do the same. Instead, many of you in the Ron Paul fringe have taken to attacking the younger Paul with the same fervor you scream “End the Fed!” at every turn. Message boards, articles, and blogs are blowing up all around the internet calling Rand Paul “Benedict Arnold” and predicting that he will “burn in hell” because of his endorsement of Mitt Romney. And here I was thinking the only people who have taken to cannibalizing their own kind came from Florida. Excuse me, but knock it off. The Occupy-esque “If you’re not for Ron Paul, you’re conspiring against him,” mentality has to stop. It damages not only conservative and libertarian causes. It also makes your message less effective.

Radical Ron Paul supporters, how do you expect to get your message across when you are a laughingstock? Your behavior is discrediting Ron Paul’s message, most of which I actually support (except for the whole foreign policy thing of course). There comes a time when passion needs to be offset by professionalism. This is that time. Interrupting other politicians’ speeches, flooding message boards with nasty comments and other irrational ploys will not help anyone. If you want Ron Paul’s message to endure, make sure you are respected by your audience. Right now, a subset of you is encouraging disrespect for your candidate’s entire fan base.

The battle are fighting in this election cycle is bigger than Ron Paul. Heck, it’s even bigger than Mitt Romney. If we are going to preserve a world where Ron Paul’s libertarian platform has the potential to make a difference, we need to ensure that Barack Obama is a one term president. Ron Paul fans, you constantly preach the importance of liberty and freedom. I agree. If we are going to preserve liberty and freedom in the future, let’s make sure that we evict the president who has done the most damage to liberty and freedom in American history.

Respectfully Yours,

Amy Lutz

• Upvote 10
  • Downvote 6

I have a guy that works in a different department than me, that I sometimes have to deal with. Whenever I have a mission for him, he feels it is necessary to repeat my instructions back to me.....as many different ways as possible. I just ignore him now and go to someone else. I actually agree with this letter.....just wondering how many times I need to read it in different text. As always, just my opinion. ;)

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

What's the deal with the scare quotes around "Dr. Paul?" Is he not an actual medical doctor? I've had it with all the mocking. I'm not a diehard Paulite, I've never been to one of his speeches, and there are plenty of other people I would prefer as president (Dr. Thomas Sowell is the only person I've ever personally written to ask to run), but the Romney folks treat Paul people like crazy, idiot children who need to have their asses kicked into towing the GOP line, and I'm not having it. If they want to nominate the good-looking guy they think can win, that's their prerogative, but their guy is only marginally better than Obama, and that's just not good enough anymore.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

What's the deal with the scare quotes around "Dr. Paul?" Is he not an actual medical doctor? I've had it with all the mocking. I'm not a diehard Paulite, I've never been to one of his speeches, and there are plenty of other people I would prefer as president (Dr. Thomas Sowell is the only person I've ever personally written to ask to run), but the Romney folks treat Paul people like crazy, idiot children who need to have their asses kicked into towing the GOP line, and I'm not having it. If they want to nominate the good-looking guy they think can win, that's their prerogative, but their guy is only marginally better than Obama, and that's just not good enough anymore.

You're absolutely right. Romney is only marginally better than Obama, and that isn't good enough. Nope, can't force me to tow a line I don't believe in. That's the definition of a sheep.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

You're absolutely right. Romney is only marginally better than Obama, and that isn't good enough. Nope, can't force me to tow a line I don't believe in. That's the definition of a sheep.

No one is forcing you to do anything. That is your choice.

Definiation of a Sheep

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheep

So basically your are sticking together with your flock and i mine. So basically you are insulting yourself.

All sheep have a tendency to congregate close to other members of a flock, although this behavior varies with breed.[13] Farmers exploit this behavior to keep sheep together on unfenced pastures and to move them more easily. so you don't have to look far to see the meaning that most tend to call those who support other than Ron Paul.

Edited by TPSprayduster
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 5

+1 Amy . . . straight and to the point! It's time to unite . . . "A house divided can not stand." Mark 3:25

The difference between Obama and Romney is about 6 trillion dollars!!!

They both support fractional reserve banking and the Federal Reserve. And whoever doesn't understand those that should watch either "the money masters" or the "money as debt" series.

If enough people see those videos, then both the Republican and Democrat parties will dissolve due to a major drop in support.

Edited by Bandit795
  • Upvote 4

No one is forcing you to do anything. That is your choice.

Definiation of a Sheep

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheep

So basically your are sticking together with your flock and i mine. So basically you are insulting yourself.

All sheep have a tendency to congregate close to other members of a flock, although this behavior varies with breed.[13] Farmers exploit this behavior to keep sheep together on unfenced pastures and to move them more easily. so you don't have to look far to see the meaning that most tend to call those who support other than Ron Paul.

Sir, I agree with the fact that sheep tend to congregate with members of their flock. That is not my point, so, what point are you trying to prove exactly? The point you are missing about the mind of a sheep is that they tend to follow no questions asked or with little force as if apathetic or zombie like. So, no, I did not insult myself. If you weren't so quick to try and pick at anything someone you disagree with says, you would have seen this.

Edited by rightsonword
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I’m so grateful that the majority of the country is not in the grips of the fear for being labeled as sheep. Or in the terror of the bankers riding around us on horseback while beating us with bullwhips. Having the maturity to cross our bridges as they come without projecting to imaginary places and refusing to cross the only ones at our disposal. But as in war we must continue to carry our mortally wounded alone with us I only wish they would stop all the damn whimpering.

Edited by jonjon
  • Upvote 1

I find it amusing that some are deemed sheep because they

dont follow the Ron Paul Propaganda sheepishly :blink:

As has been said before, we must think outside the box. unless

it is the Ron Paul campaign box

Question everything, and dont believe anyone over 30, or is it

under 30?......anyway, question everything, unless it is the Ron Paul

agenda ;)

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

I’m so grateful that the majority of the country is not in the grips of the fear for being labeled as sheep. Or in the terror of the bankers riding around us on horseback while beating us with bullwhips. Having the maturity to cross our bridges as they come without projecting to imaginary places and refusing to cross the only ones at our disposal. But as in war we must continue to carry our mortally wounded alone with us I only wish they would stop all the damn whimpering.

:rolleyes: Many are labeled sheep because they know nothing about the issues and simply vote based on the letter in front of some politicians name, regardless if they know anything about the person. Yes, this person is a sheep, and sadly, there are many of them in the world. People who know the issues and have decided to vote based on an educated attempt to know the facts aren't sheep. If they believe whatever is fed to them and don't question it, then even if they know the issues they are like sheep. Is that clear enough?

I find it amusing that some are deemed sheep because they

dont follow the Ron Paul Propaganda sheepishly :blink:

As has been said before, we must think outside the box. unless

it is the Ron Paul campaign box

Question everything, and dont believe anyone over 30, or is it

under 30?......anyway, question everything, unless it is the Ron Paul

agenda ;)

No one is deemed a sheep because they don't follow the RP mantra. Someone who follows RP without knowing the issues or what RP is about is a sheep as well. A sheep follows and decides without questioning. Even the most educated person in politics can be a sheep if all they do is accept what the powers tell them and don't question it. The term "sheep" really isn't that difficult to understand. A person who listens to opposing views and investigates their claims is respected even if they ultimately disagree. They are not sheep. Someone who instantly dismisses a critics claims without investigation is a sheep as they have not done their due diligence. :bulb: oyyyy.

Edited by rightsonword
  • Upvote 4

:rolleyes: Many are labeled sheep because they know nothing about the issues and simply vote based on the letter in front of some politicians name, regardless if they know anything about the person. Yes, this person is a sheep, and sadly, there are many of them in the world. People who know the issues and have decided to vote based on an educated attempt to know the facts aren't sheep. If they believe whatever is fed to them and don't question it, then even if they know the issues they are like sheep. Is that clear enough?

No one is deemed a sheep because they don't follow the RP mantra. Someone who follows RP without knowing the issues or what RP is about is a sheep as well. A sheep follows and decides without questioning. Even the most educated person in politics can be a sheep if all they do is accept what the powers tell them and don't question it. The term "sheep" really isn't that difficult to understand. A person who listens to opposing views and investigates their claims is respected even if they ultimately disagree. They are not sheep. Someone who instantly dismisses a critics claims without investigation is a sheep as they have not done their due diligence. :bulb: oyyyy.

Ahhh, good. By that definition, none of the posters in this thread

are sheep......Thanks for clearing that up ;)

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

When the person is informed and still goes along with the current system it is more like Stockholm's Syndrome and not sheeple.

lol, pretty much. You can lead someone to the truth, but you can't force them to accept it.

This is you stirring the pot.... just saying.

You hit the nail on the head as usual. Shame purposely stirring the pot isn't against the forum rules apparently.

• Upvote 1

Paulers= Down with the Fed. or Legalize Drugs or Both.

Romney= Hate Obama and Paul won't win or Like the current system and think that Romney is going to save this ship.

The two are not even in the same ballpark or the same sport for that matter. Nobody is going to change anybodies minds in these arguments very easily. And it just seems to be stir the pot and then take pot shots at one another.

• Upvote 3

not trying to start an argument rather stating an unsolicited dumb opinion...sheepherders that control the majority of wealth and power on planet earth are able to control the destiny of not only the economies and future of countries but handpicked politicians as well...what is it that keeps so many intelligent people in the dark about the elites that are power brokers??...he who controls the money controls a lot of other things...The Bilderberger group doesn't hold their meetings in absolute secrecy guarded by a small private army of top security forces because they are having a weenie roast!!! Who are the top dogs in that group? Do you suppose there are any "common" millionaires invited? Roths and Rockies as usual are the string pullers, along with a few handpicked pals like ole George S. Take it back to Iraq...why is mass confusion the norm at the moment? Who really owns controlling interest in the CBI? Who put the faces on the front burner there? Why is it that powers that could help the situation in iRAQ seem to care less about immediate closure. Sure there are factions in constant battle but they are stirred by foreign interests. My stoooopid pointless post is this...there is a lot of water not visible under the surface of a river, especially if it's muddy only the surface water is visible. A lot of us are getting cranky, me too, but we only hope and pray things will work out for the best for the common folks of Iraq. If we profit a tiny bit...good! My honest opinion is whether we were Paul supporters or not...the power brokers were not going to let it happen just like they didn't let Ross Perot. The political outcome just may have already been decided here as well as in Iraq.....Maybe!!! cheers

• Upvote 1

I agree with you Roth It seems like TP, cris, jonjon and a few others are hell bent on trying to change minds... Havent you ever heard We just need to agree to disagree. The difference is you guys attack RP and the people who believe in him. Maybe your energy would be better served in trying to get us to understand why you want us to vote for your guy. OTHER than he's not Obummer...

and if he does not have the issues that are important to me then why should I bother like,,,

End the Fed or at least audit and control it.

End the useless wars and bullying of other countries

and Sorry Cris but I do believe legalizing drugs should be done. If we have cigs and booz why not drugs. And I also think you are right do the education so people can decide for themselves if they want to put poison in their bodies but it should be the individuals decison not the Gov. I am tired of the Gov policing ever part of our lives.

End the massive give out programs

I could go on and on but you get the drift, so far RP is the only one that stands up for the issues I care about.

• Upvote 1

not trying to start an argument rather stating an unsolicited dumb opinion...sheepherders that control the majority of wealth and power on planet earth are able to control the destiny of not only the economies and future of countries but handpicked politicians as well...what is it that keeps so many intelligent people in the dark about the elites that are power brokers??...he who controls the money controls a lot of other things...The Bilderberger group doesn't hold their meetings in absolute secrecy guarded by a small private army of top security forces because they are having a weenie roast!!! Who are the top dogs in that group? Do you suppose there are any "common" millionaires invited? Roths and Rockies as usual are the string pullers, along with a few handpicked pals like ole George S. Take it back to Iraq...why is mass confusion the norm at the moment? Who really owns controlling interest in the CBI? Who put the faces on the front burner there? Why is it that powers that could help the situation in iRAQ seem to care less about immediate closure. Sure there are factions in constant battle but they are stirred by foreign interests. My stoooopid pointless post is this...there is a lot of water not visible under the surface of a river, especially if it's muddy only the surface water is visible. A lot of us are getting cranky, me too, but we only hope and pray things will work out for the best for the common folks of Iraq. If we profit a tiny bit...good! My honest opinion is whether we were Paul supporters or not...the power brokers were not going to let it happen just like they didn't let Ross Perot. The political outcome just may have already been decided here as well as in Iraq.....Maybe!!! cheers

Oops Tandy you're genius is peeking out..... good post!!

• Upvote 1

This is you stirring the pot.... just saying.

Bama read the comments, it is a fact not stirring. When something is posted and is not favorable with the Ron Paul thought process it goes negative. Watch and learn. MO is this, post something not positive about the seeker of liberty, cutting a trillion dollars from the budget. Here we go with sheeps and general wailing until the topic is closed. Take over just like the conventions. You have not seen this have you. Same play book same results a take over. So according to you i am stirring the pot.

No problem TP.....Its all in fun, some folks could use a

sense of humor....Its free :D

it is funny to see the process in the works. Oh well, let me find something to cause thought. Not change minds but cause one to think.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Bama read the comments, it is a fact not stirring. When something is posted and is not favorable with the Ron Paul thought process it goes negative. Watch and learn. MO is this, post something not positive about the seeker of liberty, cutting a trillion dollars from the budget. Here we go with sheeps and general wailing until the topic is closed. Take over just like the conventions. You have not seen this have you. Same play book same results a take over. So according to you i am stirring the pot.

it is funny to see the process in the works. Oh well, let me find something to cause thought. Not change minds but cause one to think.

Yes you are a pot stirrer Instead of posting everything negative you can dig up about RP why dont you spend your energy posting about Romney???

• Upvote 3