Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Finally lost my virginity

wpsmit

Well if any of you read my posts, you may know I've been contemplating gun ownership for almost a year. I spent the last 10 days at the range renting every brand, every model that I thought would work for me. One of the first I tried was a Glock 19, and try as i might, I could not find a pistol I liked better. That is until I tried the Glock 26 gen4. What a sweet weapon. Bought it yesterday, and am proud to say that after 62 years I have finally exercised my 2nd amendment constitutional right. Now for a couple of classes, and probably a cc permit. I feel very calm about my well being.

Welcome to America's Great Militia of gun owners................ you thought that after you narrowed it down to the gen 4, the decision making was over now, wrong,..... lets get down to brass tacks and bullets...choices....choices. There is a brand and bullet type out there that your gun will love and will shoot tight groups with, but you have to find it. What does that mean?..........lots of target shooting with different brands and types. Don't just buy any cheap ammo, remember your life could be on the line. I see some of my fellow hunters buy cheap ammo for their rifles and wonder how they missed that deer in the woods

:goodnews:

Edited by Mongo
  • Upvote 4

Well if any of you read my posts, you may know I've been contemplating gun ownership for almost a year. I spent the last 10 days at the range renting every brand, every model that I thought would work for me. One of the first I tried was a Glock 19, and try as i might, I could not find a pistol I liked better. That is until I tried the Glock 26 gen4. What a sweet weapon. Bought it yesterday, and am proud to say that after 62 years I have finally exercised my 2nd amendment constitutional right. Now for a couple of classes, and probably a cc permit. I feel very calm about my well being.

God Bless you..., and wise move!

When reading this post in the context of the title........I start to giggle. Nice work! :DGO RV, then BV

Buwhahahaha! Good one Shabib!

Hey I didn't go on a +'s hunt by posting this info, but thanks for all the support. Conversations I've had and read here on DV helped me make the decision to arm myself (not to mention 6 breakins in 4 or 5 months in my subdivision). I pray that I will never have to use my 26 for anything but target practice, but in the event the need ever arises, I will be prepared to defend myself against anyone who decides to try and make me a victim! Thanks again y'all.

• Upvote 1

To many moving parts.......................stick with Direct Impingement

Alright you guys. You are way over my head now. Remember, I just lost it (little round red fruit with stem) yesterday, haven't fired a single round with my new 26. Going to range in 3 minutes. Will post results of my first experience with MY weapon tomorrow....Also have pool league until late tonight or I would report sooner.

Alright you guys. You are way over my head now. Remember, I just lost it (little round red fruit with stem) yesterday, haven't fired a single round with my new 26. Going to range in 3 minutes. Will post results of my first experience with MY weapon tomorrow....Also have pool league until late tonight or I would report sooner.

That is a nice gun! Another good pistol is the M&P 9MM Smith & Wesson. I love it too!!!!!!!!!

To many moving parts.......................stick with Direct Impingement

What do you have?

:lol: Good for you sweetie!! Chalk one up for firearms owners. :lol:

personally, me would have recommended a M1911 or a Sig226 .40....however, as some may already know this about me....me arsenal has its place, me have no bias to what me will own or fire. me still have me wish list. heheh ^_^ but u are correct, for most ppl, it is about feel and preference. if it don't feel right when you fire it...than it isn't right.

Be Safe and enjoy! :lol:

• Upvote 2

Welcome to America's Great Militia of gun owners................ you thought that after you narrowed it down to the gen 4, the decision making was over now, wrong,..... lets get down to brass tacks and bullets...choices....choices. There is a brand and bullet type out there that your gun will love and will shoot tight groups with, but you have to find it. What does that mean?..........lots of target shooting with different brands and types. Don't just buy any cheap ammo, remember your life could be on the line. I see some of my fellow hunters buy cheap ammo for their rifles and wonder how they missed that deer in the woods

:goodnews:

Here's a good choice for carry ammo:

56780-D-05.jpg

Time for an assault rifle now.....HK-416 should do the trick. Luv mine!

As the say'n goes....

you use a pistol to fight your way to your rifle. :D

My primary assault rifle is the DPMS Oracle in 7.62x51/.308

Of course, it's not stock any more. ;)

I usually have a hard time trying to figure out what I want to shoot!!! laugh.gif

All guns are registered and I have not messed with any internal parts! Stock internal parts!smile.gif

:lol: ah an assault firearms enthusiast after me own heart....

nice collection of AK's and AR's you got there! :lol::twothumbs:

• Upvote 2

:lol: ah an assault firearms enthusiast after me own heart....

nice collection of AK's and AR's you got there! :lol::twothumbs:

Thank you brother!

I have a few pistols and rifles also, got to have a good balance in case the SHTF and zombies attack!! laugh.gif

Thank you brother!

I have a few pistols and rifles also, got to have a good balance in case the SHTF and zombies attack!! laugh.gif

:huh: "Brother" ??? "u talkin' to me?" :huh:

*sighs* -_-

heheh....well me was kinda wonder what you would need with that bayonet....hehehe :lol:

• Upvote 1