Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Time for RP Supporters to get behind Mitt Romney

TPSprayduster

Time For Ron Paul Supporters to Get Behind Mitt Romney

http://www.policymic.com/articles/8951/time-for-ron-paul-supporters-to-get-behind-mitt-romney

I know this is going to an irritant the base but just another opinion that is floating out there in Cyberspace. I hope this does not turn into the "Pot Stirrer has done it again or something other excuse". Basically what i am saying, i have been saying this for awhile and now someone has actually written this. If you choose to read it fine if not no worries. I won't negative you or do something else childish. I will close with thank you for reading this.

According to the Wall Street Journal and the New York Times, Mitt Romney has obtained 1,084 out of the 1, 144 delegates required to secure the nomination for president of the GOP. Ron Paul, on the other hand, while continuing to “rack up delegates,” has 119 out of 1,144. How, I ask you, how, are there still delusional Ron Paul fans that believe that he could be the Republican nominee for president? It is time for those who desire the end of the Obama administration to rally around the candidate who actually stands a chance of ousting the current President: Mitt Romney.

We have all enjoyed the Ron Paul revolution, but enough is enough. It is starting to get a little sad now. The Ron Paul fan club is undeniably admirable for their unquenchable spirit and steadfast faith in a principle. However, at this point, that is all that is left: a principle. There is no longer hope for the radical change of a Ron Paul presidency, so the time has come to make a decision: live in the real world and vote for the lesser of two evils (in what I am assuming is your opinion, Ron Paul supporter), or to continue to tout an ideology and allow President Obama to secure another four years in the White House.

Sticking behind the fallen Paul will, in fact, secure another term for Obama. Since, as every significant scrap of data shows, Ron Paul will not be the Republican nominee, the only way that one can continue to stick with him in the voting booth is if he runs as a third party candidate. You will vote for Ron Paul while most other Republicans who do not like Obama possibly just as much as you will vote for Mitt Romney, the Republican nominee. This will, in consequence, split the Republican vote and hand over the victory to a unified Democratic Party. Some discontented and disillusioned Democrats may hop the fence and join you in a Paul vote, but most of them would likely rather see the Obama presidency run its course than vote for a Libertarian. No true Democrat, believing in big government, could possibly bring him or herself to vote for Ron Paul. So Paul as a third party candidate will only hurt the Republican Party.

So what can you, devoted Ron Paul fan, do? You can be true to your party and accept defeat gracefully. You have shown the world that Dr. Paul and his message are not to be taken lightly. You have exposed many significant flaws in the mainstream media. You have stood up for your beliefs in the Middle East, shown true economic prowess of which Austria would be proud, and fought until the bitter end. There is much to be proud of. But there is another man out there who could really use your help. He is your only hope to get rid of Obama. His name is Mitt Romney. Who knows? If you took the time to get to know him, maybe you would like him.

• Upvote 12
  • Downvote 9

Lets say TPS you detested fish, so much it actually made you throw up if you consumed it. Lets say you go for dinner and chicken, which is really what you want, is off the menu. The waiter comes around and presumes to tell you it's time for you to start eating fish. Would you eat it?

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 3

We have all enjoyed the Ron Paul revolution, but enough is enough. It is starting to get a little sad now. The Ron Paul fan club is undeniably admirable for their unquenchable spirit and steadfast faith in a principle. However, at this point, that is all that is left: a principle.

Read more:

This is what I love about party politics they want us to abandon our principles so we can be seen as united

Romney or his supporters evidently don't have principles. So it would be easier for you to do the Romney flip flop then it would be for me.( seeing how as I have faith in a principle )

This country was founded on principles the reason we are in such a state of decline is that we have abandoned

our principles

Now is the time to grab hold of your principles and hold on like never before .

How dare anyone tell me I have to abandon my principles I am not nor will I ever be a traitor to my principles

OMG you don't how mad I am over that statement.

In Tampa the GOP is going to find the revolution is just getting started.

I will not under any circumstance support Capt.Flip Flop

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

We have all enjoyed the Ron Paul revolution, but enough is enough. It is starting to get a little sad now. The Ron Paul fan club is undeniably admirable for their unquenchable spirit and steadfast faith in a principle. However, at this point, that is all that is left: a principle.

Read more:

This is what I love about party politics they want us to abandon our principles so we can be seen as united

Romney or his supporters evidently don't have principles. So it would be easier for you to do the Romney flip flop then it would be for me.( seeing how as I have faith in a principle )

This country was founded on principles the reason we are in such a state of decline is that we have abandoned

our principles

Now is the time to grab hold of your principles and hold on like never before .

How dare anyone tell me I have to abandon my principles I am not nor will I ever be a traitor to my principles

OMG you don't how mad I am over that statement.

In Tampa the GOP is going to find the revolution is just getting started.

I will not under any circumstance support Capt.Flip Flop

Well noted thank you for your response. So regardless of the outcome of the convention and if DR Paul is not the nominee you will vote for him regardless is that the understanding your stating? I just want to make sure i have the correct understanding.

Lets say TPS you detested fish, so much it actually made you throw up if you consumed it. Lets say you go for dinner and chicken, which is really what you want, is off the menu. The waiter comes around and presumes to tell you it's time for you to start eating fish. Would you eat it?

I don't eat fish, but i would say i would not vote for a candidate that is not supported by the convention. I will say that much. As i said to other poster thank you for your response.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 4

Ron Paul supporters keep telling those who disagree with them to WAKE UP! Well now I'm telling you to GROW UP! I'm sorry you didn't get your way but why spoil the whole game by being a poor sport.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 4

Ron Paul supporters keep telling those who disagree with them to WAKE UP! Well now I'm telling you to GROW UP! I'm sorry you didn't get your way but why spoil the whole game by being a poor sport.

This is not a game. You're GOP has lied, cheated, and stolen votes while your media has ignored or badmouthed Paul every step of the way. Supporting Romney is no better than supporting hotdogs after finding out that they're made from pink slime and nitrites.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 6

This is not a game. You're GOP has lied, cheated, and stolen votes while your media has ignored or badmouthed Paul every step of the way. Supporting Romney is no better than supporting hotdogs after finding out that they're made from pink slime and nitrites.

At this point.....What would you suggest 40? :mellow:

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 2

Some of you guys just don't get it, there are some of us disillusional people as you call us have taken a view of our countries politics and found the party system to be nothing but a whithering system of people wanting in office for either their own self pride power or money. I for one detect someone calling me a name in the course of trying to make me change my mind. I do not and will not think along party lines for any one candidate just so i can say i rolled with the status quo. I have done more research on the candidates than most of you dared to spend the time to....when i decide to vote for a candidate it is because i have deemed him or her to be the closest to the best of the crop that might have integrity and honesty about them, but importantly cares about our country as a whole, our constitutional morals and our freedoms. I have seen that in neither one of the front runners. The only one that cared about the consititution and keeping this country running as our forefathers wished for it to be has been turned away because people does not want the truth they want to be glorified with the party system. If you think either party system cares about this country you are mistaken they care about winning. So does that leave truth and honor. I am not saying that you are wrong in your beliefs for Romney but your idea of trying to presuede others thinking buy labeling them with names is not at all cool. I have to live with the vote i cast but if i do it to the best of my ability and truthfulness then i can live with my self. And let me state this the door is not closed yet and won't be until i cast my vote with a prayer to help me do the right thing. God shall take care of the rest.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

Some of you guys just don't get it, there are some of us disillusional people as you call us have taken a view of our countries politics and found the party system to be nothing but a whithering system of people wanting in office for either their own self pride power or money. I for one detect someone calling me a name in the course of trying to make me change my mind. I do not and will not think along party lines for any one candidate just so i can say i rolled with the status quo. I have done more research on the candidates than most of you dared to spend the time to....when i decide to vote for a candidate it is because i have deemed him or her to be the closest to the best of the crop that might have integrity and honesty about them, but importantly cares about our country as a whole, our constitutional morals and our freedoms. I have seen that in neither one of the front runners. The only one that cared about the consititution and keeping this country running as our forefathers wished for it to be has been turned away because people does not want the truth they want to be glorified with the party system. If you think either party system cares about this country you are mistaken they care about winning. So does that leave truth and honor. I am not saying that you are wrong in your beliefs for Romney but your idea of trying to presuede others thinking buy labeling them with names is not at all cool. I have to live with the vote i cast but if i do it to the best of my ability and truthfulness then i can live with my self. And let me state this the door is not closed yet and won't be until i cast my vote with a prayer to help me do the right thing. God shall take care of the rest.

Heavy Duty i agree with you and so i will cast my vote for the best qualified candidate. Some my say my choice is wrong but it is my choice. No name calling from this voter.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

TSP: You may have sold out your principles along time ago....frankly that's your problem, you can justify it to yourself anyway you want to. I believe a vote for Romney is a vote for the status quo. There is no point in actually voting to keep things as they are! To me it means abandoning my principles and values, to just roll over and admit defeat, and that won't happen.

To me this is the hallmark of a weak, spineless POS!

Romney is a VULTURE CAPITALIST with no morals or integrity, he comes from a class of people who believe in a dog eat dog way of doing things, that I can't abide by in any way. The main problem is that the vast majority of the American people are just as brainwashed as you are TSP, and the sad truth is that these sheeple will vote for Romney simply because they were deceived into believing he stands for the same values they do, and this is not true!

There will be no future in this country if the GOP is elected. I would rather see Obama in office again, than a vulture capitalist disguised as a human being! However, TON PAUL IS NOT OUT OF THE RACE YET! He will get my vote, even if I must write it in!

Carlos

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 5

Heavy Duty i agree with you and so i will cast my vote for the best qualified candidate. Some my say my choice is wrong but it is my choice. No name calling from this voter.

As will Ron Paul supporters since they seem him as the best qualified candidate. So how are you any different for voting for who you think is the most qualified?

Well said TPS. I will also cast my vote for the "best qualified candidate", AS I SEE IT. ;)

GO RV, then BV

If I recall, earlier you said you weren't voting for Romney because you didn't like him and not for Paul because if he wasn't the nominee, so not much voting going on with you . . .

TSP: You may have sold out your principles along time ago....frankly that's your problem, you can justify it to yourself anyway you want to. I believe a vote for Romney is a vote for the status quo. There is no point in actually voting to keep things as they are! To me it means abandoning my principles and values, to just roll over and admit defeat, and that won't happen.

Romney is a VULTURE CAPITALIST with no morals or integrity, he comes from a class of people who believe in a dog eat dog way of doing things, that I can't abide by in any way. The main problem is that the vast majority of the American people are just as brainwashed as you are TSP, and the sad truth is that these sheeple will vote for Romney simply because they were deceived into believing he stands for the same values they do, and this is not true!

There will be no future in this country if the GOP is elected. I would rather see Obama in office again, than a vulture capitalist disguised as a human being! However, TON PAUL IS NOT OUT OF THE RACE YET! He will get my vote, even if I must write it in!

Carlos

Well said Carlos! The problem also is that a lot of otherwise intelligent people simply seem to self-absorbed with their own lives to even consider the possibility that that they are being governed by liars, cheats, murderers, and evil.

An analogy would be the old science experiment of boiling a frog in water. The frog feels fine in his little world because he's provided with just enough to be content. He doesn't care to take note of the evidence around him that the water is actually getting hotter until it is too late.

• Upvote 1

Carlos

Sir, that is not going to accomplish the mission. If you write in Ron Paul, you will split the vote and 4 more years. You don't have to name call Carlos it is a fact sir, that Dr Paul is not going to win the nomination if he was he would have won some of the contest. But writing Dr Paul that is your choice.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

As will Ron Paul supporters since they seem him as the best qualified candidate. So how are you any different for voting for who you think is the most qualified?

The simple answer would be.......an endorsed candidate at least, has a shot at victory. As always, just my opinion. :)

If I recall, earlier you said you weren't voting for Romney because you didn't like him and not for Paul because if he wasn't the nominee, so not much voting going on with you . . .

You hit the nail on the head.....As an American, I have the opportunity and the right to change my mind.....I still won't vote for Romney or an unendorsed Paul. :D

Well said Carlos! The problem also is that a lot of otherwise intelligent people simply seem to self-absorbed with their own lives to even consider the possibility that that they are being governed by liars, cheats, murderers, and evil.

An analogy would be the old science experiment of boiling a frog in water. The frog feels fine in his little world because he's provided with just enough to be content. He doesn't care to take note of the evidence around him that the water is actually getting hotter until it is too late.

You seem like a well spoken and educated person......"otherwise intelligent" seems misplaced and arrogant. Once again, just my opinion. ;)

GO RV, then BV

"You seem like a well spoken and educated person......"otherwise intelligent" seems misplaced and arrogant. Once again, just my opinion. ;)"

I don't mean it to sound arrogant, so please don't take it as such. A lot can be lost in translation with the written word, but to clarify, I just think of some of the people around me. Some are extremely bright, but they are more concerned with "insert activity" than what is going on in the world around them and simply vote for someone based on the letter in front of their name.

The winner will emerge on the GOP convention floor in Tampa and only then. This crap coming from the media, the polls, the commentaries, designed to make up your mind for you is subterfuge. At the convention the delegates are not bound by the popular vote that pinned them to one candadate or the other in they're states, a second vote on the convention floor could render past tallies( delegates) null and void!!!

If Romney had delegates in some states because of the popular vote those same delegates are not bound to him at the convention(unpledged), that's why Ron Paul focused his time and money on winning over delegates because in the end the delegates are all that matter

• Upvote 2

+rep

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

"You seem like a well spoken and educated person......"otherwise intelligent" seems misplaced and arrogant. Once again, just my opinion. ;)"

I don't mean it to sound arrogant, so please don't take it as such. A lot can be lost in translation with the written word, but to clarify, I just think of some of the people around me. Some are extremely bright, but they are more concerned with "insert activity" than what is going on in the world around them and simply vote for someone based on the letter in front of their name.

Thanks for the clarification ROW. I agree completely. ;)

GO RV, then BV

"So what can you, devoted Ron Paul fan, do? You can be true to your party and accept defeat gracefully."

I'm not a Republican. I sometimes vote in Republican primaries, when there's someone worth voting for, as there was this year in Dr. Paul. That said, there is no Republican left worth voting for. I see Romney as slightly better than Obama, which, I'm sorry to say, just isn't good enough anymore. Electing Romney might delay the ultimate economic collapse a little, but it won't prevent it, and it certainly won't return our government to any semblance of the limits imposed on it by our Constitution.

Sorry if I'm helping to re-elect the Kenyan, but I'm voting my conscience this year, as I did when I was an idealistic teenager. I have that luxury, as I live in Alabama, and we're not in much danger of electing Obama here. I'm voting for Gary Johnson (L), the one man I feel believes in the Constitutional Republic as I understand it.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Mit Romney will never allow the Federal Reserve to be audited, neither will Obama. No democrat and no republican (other than Ron Paul) will allow this.

The Federal Reserve is THE MAIN PROBLEM in the U.S. economy today.

Don't believe me? Take a look at this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlxKtDOkEj4

Ron Paul at least got a partial audit of the fed while under Obama's presidency.... I'm not trying to defend Obama here, just trying to point out facts. Also, I've never heard Obama say that the Fed isn't a problem....BUT I have heard Romney state such things, which tells me exactly what I need to know about where he stands, he's one of them, and being one of them makes you a criminal, not in my book, but under the United States Constitution, and I hope we start dealing with real criminals accordingly.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Lutie

This is our lives this is definitely not a game.

Forgive me if I am a poor sport. But when it comes to losing my freedoms or my rights

I am a poor sport. When I see the government keep sending our jobs and spending our money anywhere but here I am a poor sport.

By the evidence from the debates in the media from anywhere you look we all know

That Romney supports all the same polices that Obama does.

How could anybody vote for someone who you know is going to do the opposite of what he said he was going to do. That’s Insanity and I cannot on Principle vote for Romney.

That leaves me few choices. Strategically speaking it would behoove me to vote for Obama. I don’t believe Romney will run again if he loses this time.

So four more years and I don’t have to worry about either one of them.

But on Principle again I cannot vote for someone who is going to screw me.

So that leaves me with don’t vote or write in Ron Paul

What is good for the party is not good for us.

You always hear for the good of the party never do you hear for the good of the country

or the good of the people.

Party politics is what got us into this mess. It will take rugged independent individuals to get us back on the right track

It is time to abandon the political parties they sold us out years ago.

This is so important that we cannot delegate this to the people who are trying to screw us.

We have to get out be a poor sport and demand that they start following the constitution.

There is only one candidate out there that is willing to lead us back to prosperity and freedom Ron Paul.

The revolution is here don’t fear it embrace it

Revolution every now and then is a good thing.

I personally hope the GOP gets humiliated in Tampa they need a little bit of humility.

No surrender No retreat and definitely no comprise.

Again I am sorry for being a poor sport