Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

World Bank: There is a plan to restructure the banking Rafidain and Rasheed

yota691

Lets clear this up for everyone.... heres the breakdown

If theres a lop 10,000 old dinar is still 10,000 old dinar. the thing is its still worth approx. $10

A LOP LOOKS LIKE THIS...

exchange rate ( old dinar= .00086) (new dinar= .86)

1,000 old dinar =1 new dinar

10,000 old dinar x (.00086) = $8.60

10 new dinar x (.86)= $8.60

A lop is neutral......you delete three zeroes....by just changing the equation equally by three zeroes.

Caz1104, i broke my promise. ive asked the mods to delete my profile.....so i hope it happens soon. God bless

LOL!! The only one you need to answer to is yourself & god(presuming you believe in one). My understanding the mods can't or won't delete a profile(just ban). If you choose to leave its on your own accord.If you choose to leave enjoy life, it's to short to sweat the small stuff.

I'm sorry but who in the heck is Helen Maria??? If its not coming from Shabibi I'm not believing it :lol: :lol:

I put an article in which gives her title. She is the Director of the World Bank in Baghdad. ;)

• Upvote 2

We have a lot of discussion on this, and possibly a translation problem, but when a banking expert makes a statement like the one below, and is not sure if a redomination took place in Turkey, or it may have been someplace else, I wonder about anything Ms. Helen says:

"On the issue of deletion of zeros from the currency "I think that this may have been in Turkey and will not have any effect, either positive or negative."

Are we sure Helen wasn't the one with the mop and bucket?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I believe she had a hit song, "I Am Woman", and "I Don't Know How to Love Him". I heard she was in Iraq on tour. She hit Iraq by storm with her hit songs, "Shabby Baby", "We're going to RV Tonight', and

"Camel Crossings in the Sands of Time". Its a big deal, its so big you can't even read it in the Iraq papers.

Too bad if Maliki would have signed the Erbil agreement the boys were going to get him front row seats.

I am pretty sure Helen knows nothing about money or how to wear it.

• Upvote 2

Several articles have stated that the redenomination will not affect the value or purchasing power of the dinar. $1000 dinars will still be worth $1000 dinars, and it won't be worth any more or any less than the value it holds at the time the redenomination takes place. The big question is, will it increase in value before redenom, or afterward, or ever? I can't see how it cannot increase in value sooner or later. JMO

• Upvote 1

you are reading to far into it read what is says right in front of you "But if what has been implemented correctly and I mean here properly is to keep the same purchasing power of the currency after deletion of zeros if there was a thousand dinars, and after deletion of zeros has become a must for this dinars dinar to have the same purchasing power of one thousand dinars. " this is what we are looking at don't added anything to it 1000 dinars before lifting the zeros is 1000 dinars so after lifting the zeros our 25k notes will be worth 25k & that is what it says as long as they do it right & we know that the IMF & world bank would not back them if they do anything else but doing it right.

Great sentiment and I don't see how a country like Iraq can survive in this economy with such an inferior currency and rate of exchange. Let it ride.

• Upvote 2

I believe she had a hit song, "I Am Woman", and "I Don't Know How to Love Him". I heard she was in Iraq on tour. She hit Iraq by storm with her hit songs, "Shabby Baby", "We're going to RV Tonight', and

"Camel Crossings in the Sands of Time". Its a big deal, its so big you can't even read it in the Iraq papers.

Too bad if Maliki would have signed the Erbil agreement the boys were going to get him front row seats.

I am pretty sure Helen knows nothing about money or how to wear it.

Badda Bing Babee!

PS I think Helen should add "Climb Every Mountain" to her repetoire - it is right up Maliki's alley. Helen needs a gift certificate to Victoria's Secret too - pink or red?

Edited by KamelKeeper
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Badda Bing Babee!

PS I think Helen should add "Climb Every Mountain" to her repetoire - it is right up Maliki's alley. Helen needs a gift certificate to Victoria's Secret too - pink or red?

Yes Helen would like pink. She will do pink every time. What a babe that Helen. She can still hit those high notes. Sounds like a great show. I heard the camels will be wearing pink bras stuffed with dinar. Trixie is pissed she tried out for the show, but Helen thought a handicapped camel would take away from the routine. Of course it didn't help she pooped on the stage in try outs. Boy was I embarrassed.

• Upvote 1

Yes Helen would like pink. She will do pink every time. What a babe that Helen. She can still hit those high notes. Sounds like a great show. I heard the camels will be wearing pink bras stuffed with dinar. Trixie is pissed she tried out for the show, but Helen thought a handicapped camel would take away from the routine. Of course it didn't help she pooped on the stage in try outs. Boy was I embarrassed.

Now you know why camels legs are so long.............high steppers, and they dance and sing in troupes of 20 and more. Messy.

Now you know why camels legs are so long.............high steppers, and they dance and sing in troupes of 20 and more. Messy.

KamelKeeper I knew I liked you right away! wink.gif

You and Ziggie are great together, and oh my are you two on a roll!

Thanks for the laughs. laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Zig... Change of order Helen.... has to do red !!!!!

KK, Stop giving my pink to every Tom, Dich and Helen :D

Edited by Shelley
  • Upvote 1

;)

Several articles have stated that the redenomination will not affect the value or purchasing power of the dinar. $1000 dinars will still be worth $1000 dinars, and it won't be worth any more or any less than the value it holds at the time the redenomination takes place. The big question is, will it increase in value before redenom, or afterward, or ever? I can't see how it cannot increase in value sooner or later. JMO

This is my opinion exactly. I think they are going to RD. The question is will they raise the value before or after. If they do it before, we are rich as well as Iraq. If they do it after, well we all made a little money but not what any of us have been dreaming of. One thing that keeps me hopeful is that they would be stupid to announce to the world that they are about to RV, so the plan could very well be out there and of course we would hear NOTHING about it beforehand.I don't think they want to keep a worthless currency with all their wealth. It basically makes them look like a laughingstock to the rest of the world. So I think no matter how many articles they put out there describing what they plan to do I think basically we know nothing more than we did a few years ago. I do think it is positive however the strides they have made in the last year with chapter 7, HCL, etc. To me that points to something big on the horizon. The best scenario is to wake up tomorrow and find that they have RV'd at a dollar or more and then at least all of our financial worries would be over. I like the saying: They say money can't buy happiness but I'd like to at least try to prove them wrong! In the meantime I try to remember all the blessings I have been given, but a little dreaming never hurt anyone! It sure would be nice if the day ever comes to not have to stress over money, bills, and keeping my family fed! ;)

• Upvote 9

Can somene bring the car around?

It's time. :P :P :P

It's a good thing Trixie steals wallets.....we would never make any money with her three long legs.

You CANNOT possibly promote investment and an IDEAL environment in IRAQ for the banking sector by LOPPING the value of the Dinar. That would be a stupid move and undermine everything Iraq has worked for...IMO

http://www.usatoday.com/money/world/story/2011-12-28/foreign-business-quadruples-iraq-2011/52260544/1

Thats with the dinar in its inflated, low valued state as is.....dont think they are worried about a neutral event taking place....

• Downvote 1