Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

WILD CBI Site Data Change

fnbplanet

Just my :twocents:. . . All of these people have posted over 1000 posts - and all but one has over a 1000 reputation - yet the one with minimal rep (less than half that of the others) and others like him are running off the ones who contribute the most - we've lost enough good people! How many more names have to get a line through them before this nonsense is stopped? I don't like the thought of having to report every time these guys rear their ugly, negative, nasty, mean attitudes, but if that's what it takes then that's what I will do . . . This is DinarVets, not DownerVille!

Fnb 1640 rep 2204 posts

Yota 2924 rep 5291 posts

Zig 1774 rep 4355 posts

JustInTime 1021 rep 1063 posts

Stryker 2309 rep 2182 posts

Carrello 3607 rep 5875 posts

TimS 447 rep 1672 posts

There are a handful of trouble makers on both ends of the spectrums. dv is a public forum where people are engaged, discussing all topics.this isnt a fan club.....point is there are many many differing opinions and each individual has the opportunity to engage or the opportunity to overlook and ignore those opinions they dont like. problem is...instead of debating...we see it go to name calling and snid personal remarks. adam has made this a public forum......people need thicker skin and the discipline to ignore. negativity presents itself sometimes in the news....just because people elaborate on the possibilities, does not make them negative. if everyone here thought the same thing......it would be one boring place.

a few of the names in your list....were the first to attack any differing opinion. just because they say go rv...doesnt give them the right to resort to those things

Edited by truthful1
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Rep points really dont give any sort of exact representation to the individual. i could be three or four times my posts, if i responded based upon a populariry contest. im my own guru....i do my own research and often find myself challenging my theories or others. my true intent is to try and gain clarity. i dont post based on what will get me the most pluses. im not going to fluff everything, add a coat of sugar and all that. Thats not why im here......and based off your analysis i should be banned.........if adam and the mods want this to be a popularity contest or a fan club...then maybe i should be

• Upvote 2

Just my :twocents:. . . All of these people have posted over 1000 posts - and all but one has over a 1000 reputation - yet the one with minimal rep (less than half that of the others) and others like him are running off the ones who contribute the most - we've lost enough good people! How many more names have to get a line through them before this nonsense is stopped? I don't like the thought of having to report every time these guys rear their ugly, negative, nasty, mean attitudes, but if that's what it takes then that's what I will do . . . This is DinarVets, not DownerVille!

Fnb 1640 rep 2204 posts

Yota 2924 rep 5291 posts

Zig 1774 rep 4355 posts

JustInTime 1021 rep 1063 posts

Stryker 2309 rep 2182 posts

Carrello 3607 rep 5875 posts

TimS 447 rep 1672 posts

May I ask what changed ... I read your "About Me" post and fail to understand why there is such an about face on your initial input?. From being a nice little family unit with respect for the Service personnell, and reading these posts long before actually joining in, to posting comments like those above is indeed disturbing to see, is this the result of your exposure to this site?. The number of posts that anyone puts on here in no way means any knowledge of any subject, Carrello converses with many people on a multitude of subjects, and is a very pleasant and friendly member of DV, Yota is a more abrasive voice on DV, but is thick skinned enough to give and take without holding a grudge (I think). Plus & minus or numbers beside a name does not guage the person, it does in some cases guage the person that puts them there. You will if you continue to post at your present rate soon reach the dizzy heights of those whome you name above, but be aware that they were all at some stage abused or ridiculed by others, but they got over it and are still here. Respect all, ignore some, forgive others... it works... try it.

• Upvote 2

a few of the names in your list....were the first to attack any differing opinion. just because they say go rv...doesnt give them the right to resort to those things

It’s funny how a strong opinion believed to be based in fact and presented with vigorous enthusiasm is considered an attack.

I don’t know, I guess it’s just me but I don’t see anything wrong with it. One can ignore it or slip the lanyard off of the hilt and draw steel. A vibrant debate goes well with a morning cup of coffee IMO.

GH

• Upvote 1

It’s funny how a strong opinion believed to be based in fact and presented with vigorous enthusiasm is considered an attack.

I don’t know, I guess it’s just me but I don’t see anything wrong with it. One can ignore it or slip the lanyard off of the hilt and draw steel. A vibrant debate goes well with a morning cup of coffee IMO.

GH

I'm with you, I use to love drinking coffee and reading the mornings articles being vibrantly discussed....

I just now went back through the comments and saw where some of you ****** ran fnb off....whats wrong with yall??? He does MAJOR research and understands Iraqs economy better than most and when he says something is pertinent to this investment and is actually EXCITED about it he is ran off.......once again, what is wrong with some of you???

• Upvote 3

There are a handful of trouble makers on both ends of the spectrums. dv is a public forum where people are engaged, discussing all topics.this isnt a fan club.....point is there are many many differing opinions and each individual has the opportunity to engage or the opportunity to overlook and ignore those opinions they dont like. problem is...instead of debating...we see it go to name calling and snid personal remarks. adam has made this a public forum......people need thicker skin and the discipline to ignore. negativity presents itself sometimes in the news....just because people elaborate on the possibilities, does not make them negative. if everyone here thought the same thing......it would be one boring place.

You are right truthful, there are a handful of troublemakers on both sides - and it seems that it is the rudeness of those who cause good people to leave. I don't mean good by way of Go RV cheerleading, I mean good as in they give insight, provoke thought, enlighten those of us who may not understand with their knowledge, do not repeat the exact same thing over and over in attempt to cram in down our throats, but actually discuss the articles and the information in them. The conversations on this site are minimal in comparison to the past because those that debate and bring insight are leaving. There are a lot of good articles that go without comment - we read in silence and move on. A forum needs discussion and debate and should be thought provoking, but if we keep losing people that comment and/or post articles what will be left? It saddens me to see the changes this forum has gone through and it scares me to think what will happen if it continues. And I am not denying faults of anyone - I am saying if we used respect more liberally in our wording maybe we could have better debates/conversations, etc and the forum would be more enjoyable for us all. However, for that to happen those who post only to cause frustration must stop and I do think there is a good bit of that going on.

As for the reps - in my opinion they do matter - and not as a popularity contest but as a measurement tool. If pluses are given for bringing beneficial info/insight and negs are given not for bringing a difference of opinion but for rudeness and trouble making then the system works and it is a successful tool to measure contribution. If people are using it differently then that is their right although it is unfortunate.

When did Carrello leave? Thought she was still here..

She may post on occasion but it is minimal in comparison to the past - previously she brought so much insight to the forum.

• Upvote 2

I for one will be sad to see fnb leave. This person is one of the best to give insight on what articles say. I've been in this since '09, and still have major problems understanding arabish. So much so that I quit reading the articles and just read the comments. While TimS does have a valid point the manner in which he states it is all wrong. I don't think rep points really measure anything either. I have over a 1,000 posts, but yet only 341 rep. I'm not negative, but I also don't go out of my way to make friends. Kinda a lonewolf type. Hope everyone has a nice day. :)

• Upvote 1

May I ask what changed ... I read your "About Me" post and fail to understand why there is such an about face on your initial input?. From being a nice little family unit with respect for the Service personnell, and reading these posts long before actually joining in, to posting comments like those above is indeed disturbing to see, is this the result of your exposure to this site?. The number of posts that anyone puts on here in no way means any knowledge of any subject, Carrello converses with many people on a multitude of subjects, and is a very pleasant and friendly member of DV, Yota is a more abrasive voice on DV, but is thick skinned enough to give and take without holding a grudge (I think). Plus & minus or numbers beside a name does not guage the person, it does in some cases guage the person that puts them there. You will if you continue to post at your present rate soon reach the dizzy heights of those whome you name above, but be aware that they were all at some stage abused or ridiculed by others, but they got over it and are still here. Respect all, ignore some, forgive others... it works... try it.

mcjockey - same person just very discouraged. The number of posts may not mean knowledge and understanding, but it is a direct reflection of time, commitment, and contribution to this forum. Is it completely accurate - of course not - but it is all we have. And to not recognize how much these guys do and not respect their efforts is in my opinion why so many good articles now go uncommented on - we are losing those who contribute. I do not have the knowledge or understanding to ever reach those kind of numbers nor is it something I am concerned with - I am here to learn and grow, contribute if and when I can, and hopefully offer my appreciation and congratulations when this ride is over. In the meantime we need to appreciate those who bring us news and insight rather than display rudeness and disrespect or I am afraid this great forum is going to continue to get quieter and quieter.

• Upvote 1

mcjockey - same person just very discouraged. The number of posts may not mean knowledge and understanding, but it is a direct reflection of time, commitment, and contribution to this forum. Is it completely accurate - of course not - but it is all we have. And to not recognize how much these guys do and not respect their efforts is in my opinion why so many good articles now go uncommented on - we are losing those who contribute. I do not have the knowledge or understanding to ever reach those kind of numbers nor is it something I am concerned with - I am here to learn and grow, contribute if and when I can, and hopefully offer my appreciation and congratulations when this ride is over. In the meantime we need to appreciate those who bring us news and insight rather than display rudeness and disrespect or I am afraid this great forum is going to continue to get quieter and quieter.

Why discouraged?, I hear what you say , but perhaps as you put it "good articles now go uncommented on" could that be that "time commitment and contribution" of ( in some cases ) complete balderdash, is not worth the backlash from a limited few that do push their own oppinions very forcefully. As you say you watched before joining surely you have noticed over a period of time that some that chose to leave had very little to bring to the table and were rightfully challenged on statements that they made and were very quickly disproved. I assure you that you will outlast some of those who are at the moment quit vociferous in their comments, but really have very little to actually say. Although now retired, I still maintain contact with friends who are still "over there" and like to see their response to some of the stuff I send them from some lesser sites. Questioning information posted here or elsewhere is not rude or disrespectfull and believe me like you, others will join and the cycle will continue. Enjoy your time on here, but don't be afraid to ease off occasionally, I do at times, and it is noticeable at times those that dissappear, but on the other hand some you never really miss. Respects Dave.

• Upvote 1

TimS seems to be the one that likes to pour salt in everyone's cereal in these threads. I have put him on permanent mod review as of now.

fnb, thanks for the contributions to the site. TimS won't bother you any more. :tiphat:

I don't mean to be a stickler for staying on subject, but lets move back to fnbplanets original post, What could the surplus mean?

Great idea. :twothumbs:

• Upvote 7

I don't mean to be a stickler for staying on subject, but lets move back to fnbplanets original post, What could the surplus mean?

Like Adam said in chat. The CBI lies, and this is only forecast. I hope it means something positive for us all. I would like to see movement on something besides oil that makes money for Iraq. That would be most excellent. Sorry your guess is probably better than mine. I would also like to see insight from people with more understanding than myself. If I was in this all alone I would be lost truth be told. :)

TimS seems to be the one that likes to pour salt in everyone's cereal in these threads. I have put him on permanent mod review as of now.

fnb, thanks for the contributions to the site. TimS won't bother you any more. :tiphat:

Great idea. :twothumbs:

Thank you , Thank you , Thank you ! ;)

• Upvote 1

Like Adam said in chat. The CBI lies, and this is only forecast. I hope it means something positive for us all. I would like to see movement on something besides oil that makes money for Iraq. That would be most excellent. Sorry your guess is probably better than mine. I would also like to see insight from people with more understanding than myself. If I was in this all alone I would be lost truth be told. :)

I am hoping they are selling bonds. But we will see in the next two weeks when they post their new stats.

• Upvote 1

This was posted by the CBI back in January. Looks like they only update the website when they feel like it.

"Central Bank of Iraq announced that it revaluated Iraqi Dinar 3.4% in exchange with Dollar. This decision will affect the exchange rate of Iraqi Dinar against US dollar in Iraqi markets, Central Bank stressed.

“During his daily auction of foreign currencies’ exchange, Central Bank raised the value of Iraqi dinar against the dollar with a percentage of 3.4% which counts 4 Dinars,” deputy governor of Iraqi Central Bank Mazhar Mohammad Saleh told Alsumarianews noting that after the current change each 1166 Iraqi Dinars equal 1 Dollar. “Nominal rate of Dinar doesn’t coincide with its purchasing power or with its real exchange rate against the Dollar,” Saleh revealed.

The current account of Iraq payments has a surplus of 5 to 8% in comparison with the GDP,” Saleh advanced stressing that this surplus is a strength indicator and points that Central Bank has major reserves."

Edited by sandyf
  • Upvote 1

Came across this off the CBI!! Any thoughts anybody!! SECTION 2—CAPITAL, RESERVES AND NET PROFITS

Article 5 Capital and reserves

1. The authorized capital of the CBI shall be 100 billion dinars and shall be fully paid in by

the State in exchange for one hundred percent of the CBI’s capital stock.

2. The authorized capital stock of the CBI shall held solely by the State, shall not pay a

dividend, and shall not be transferable or subject to encumbrance.

3. The authorized capital may be increased by such amounts as the Minister of Finance may

approve upon the recommendation and approval of the Board.

4. The CBI shall hold a general reserve account, an unrealized profits reserve account and

such other reserve accounts as may be appropriate under INTERNATIONAL ACCOUNTING STANDARDS.

Article 6 Computation of profits and losses; allocation of net operating loss

1. Within three months after the end of each financial year, the CBI shall determine in

accordance with the rules set out in Articles 7 and 45 its net profits available for distribution

or its net losses.

2. If the CBI incurs a net operating loss for any financial year, that loss shall first be charged

to the general reserve and subsequently to capital.

Article 7 Treatment of unrealized gains

1. Where unrealized gains for a financial year on assets or liabilities of the CBI that are

RECORDED AT FAIR VALUE OR ARE DENOMINATED IN FOREIGN CURRENCY are included in the net income

of the CBI for that year, the net profits of the CBI available for distribution under Article 8

shall be determined as follows:

a. by deducting from the net income the total amount of any unrealized gains included

in the net income, and by allocating an equivalent amount to the unrealized profits

reserve account; and

b. by deducting from the unrealized profits reserve account and adding to the net

profits available for distribution as determined in sub-paragraph (a) the amount of any

unrealized gain that was deducted from the net income for one or more previous years

and was realized during the financial year.

2. No other deductions shall be made from the unrealized profits reserve except those

permitted under this Article. http://www.idlo.int/MF/Documents/Regulations/IRAQ3.pdf