Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Deputy calls on the Government to intervene to Preserve the Value of the Dinar and calls on all sides to the Iraqi dinar exchange rate to normal" ...

Double R

Deputy calls on the Government to intervene to Preserve the Value of the Dinar and calls on all sides to the Iraqi dinar exchange rate to normal" ...

09/4/2012

Deputy calls on the Government to intervene to preserve the value of the dinar

Baghdad/Bushra Al-shammari

Invited Member of the House of representatives of the parliamentary Economic Committee member on the Kurdistan Alliance Government to create mohama Khalil environment suitable for attracting venture capital funds and investment promotion, which calls on all sides to the Iraqi dinar exchange rate to normal.

Khalil said at a press conference at the Parliament building “necessary Central Bank policy towards maintaining the exchange rate of the Iraqi dinar against the dollar, demanding rapid intervention stakeholders to discuss this issue”.

That continued dollar equals 1166 dinars plus 13 Apr dinars became dollar 1179 dinars and there is impaired minds are make this dinar value which affects the income of the citizen.

http://www.microsofttranslator.com/bv.aspx?from=&to=en&a=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.almustakbalpaper.net%2FArticleShow.aspx%3FID%3D20245

• Upvote 5

Ya know, it appears Maliki is trying to force Shabibi to RV. I could be crazy but that's what it looks like. And Shabibi will not without the government in place. This government is in complete shambles because it is run by one guy. It is not a power play with the Kurds, it is the sharing of the power, and maliki will not do it. He is trying to make erbil unconstitutional. He knew good and well when he singed it that it was or was not. So if it was not he never planned on sharing power. Why did he sign? Case it bought him time and now he has been told it is constitutional. Go figure.

• Upvote 2

Uncirculd - - I agree with your assessment. Maliki wants the RV and the power that comes with it. Shabibi has always said he would RV when the government is set. Maliki and Shabibi are in a tug of war game, and I hope - for the sake of the Iraqi people - - that Shabibi wins.

Uncirculd - - I agree with your assessment. Maliki wants the RV and the power that comes with it. Shabibi has always said he would RV when the government is set. Maliki and Shabibi are in a tug of war game, and I hope - for the sake of the Iraqi people - - that Shabibi wins.

This has always been the debate who wants the RV? From what I can see Shabs wants an RD, with new currency. Then raising of the dinar. I have read Maliki wants the CBI to cover their deficit, and not to begin restructuring of the dinar until the counterfeiting issues are controlled, the banking structure sound and so forth. Right now the CBI is in need of a bottle of scotch and a quick decision.

The dinar needs a boost.

Maliki didn't want the RV at first. And then since that is all he lacks for his dictatorship he is getting aggressive. He didn't want the RV until the dinar kept losing value. Once that became apparent he was ready to take over the only thing lacking in his dictatorship. While the dinar was stable he didn't care.

Yes/No???

uncirculd now you are getting the picture.

It wasn't apparant until the dinar was losing value. Remember his advisors kept trying to stop it. Yes/No?

Edited by uncirculd
  • Upvote 1

It's getting down to the wire.... Maliki's stand is that the government isn't getting any stronger nor will there be an agreement on who should fill the empty seats. Shabbs is taking the approach of seating all persons within the GoI, fuflfill the Erbil Agreements and stabilize the securtiy situation in the country. Shabbs has shown that the CBI can raise the value of the dinar at will with no unforseen sides effects while Maliki has shown that HE can control and stabilize the government. Neither side is willing to concede to the other though both sides are "right". It's becoming a matter of principles now and the Iraqi people hang in the balance. Considering that Iraq is as sovereign as its' going to be under Chap 7, they now have to deal with each other with no "outside" interferance. I don't see either side giving in any time soon unless something changes from INSIDE the GoI, which is probably why Maliki wants to get rid of Shabbs and put a puppet in his place. IMHO, Shabbs is perfectly comfortable with not RVing under the current conditions and waiting Maliki out considering that Maliki has stated that he is not 'running' for a third term. It would not surprise me one bit if there was a 'situation' that suddenly developed that "required" Maliki to declare martial law thus extending his time in office. Maliki probably feels that he has played politricks long enough and it's time to show is true colors... Meanwhile, the fate of Iraq, the GoI, and possibly the Arab World hangs in the balance.

• Upvote 1

Ya know, it appears Maliki is trying to force Shabibi to RV. I could be crazy but that's what it looks like. And Shabibi will not without the government in place. This government is in complete shambles because it is run by one guy. It is not a power play with the Kurds, it is the sharing of the power, and maliki will not do it. He is trying to make erbil unconstitutional. He knew good and well when he singed it that it was or was not. So if it was not he never planned on sharing power. Why did he sign? Case it bought him time and now he has been told it is constitutional. Go figure.

Your forgetting the banking needs to be in place as well. Nobody is going to force anything prematurely. It will all fall apart if they are not ready.

I think Shabibi wants to RD and Maliki wants to RV. I have thought all along Maliki is better for us investors.

• Upvote 1

This article aligns with many from the weekend. The price of the dinar at market has skyrocketed to approx. 1260 per dollar. and the reason is becauseof the lack of us dollars in iraq. the auctions have been drastically reduced because ofthe new requirements.they are calling on the central bank to return the dinar to where it was a few weeks ago.

I dont know any of the inside details between maliki and shabs like you all, but the article falls right in line with situation they describe

Edited by truthful1
  • Upvote 2

Yota, you could be right.....as usual - wait and see.

Well I ty, but I make plenty of mistake!! an yes we wait as I'm trying to finish all of my uncle sam!! :D I heard about the butting of the heads months ago between the 2!!

Edited by yota691

Don't Forget whom Shabibi is connected to!

Shabibi worked for the United Nations and with the IMF. I don't think they will let Maliki dispose of Shabibi. The IMF and the UN have too much invested in Iraq to let Shabibi fall. What matters the most to them is the new cash flow from Iraq into the UN and IMF coffers. They can find 1000 Malikis to fill his position. There are very few Shabibis that can do what he has done.

http://www.facebook....150546378316820

234 like this44 talking about thisCreate a Page

Sinan Al Shabibi

LikePublic FigureWant to like this page?To interact with Sinan Al Shabibi you need to sign up for Facebook first.Sign UpIt's free and anyone can join. Already a member? Log in.

Description

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaDr. Sinan Al-Shabibi is the current governor of the Central Bank of Iraq. He has held this position since 2003.

Born in Baghdad on 1 July 1941 and son of the prominent Iraqi figure Mohammed Ridha Al-Shabibi, Dr. Al-Shabibi holds a B.Sc. in Economics from Baghdad University (1966), a Diploma in Advanced Studies in Economic Development, an M.A. in Economics from the University of Manchester (1970, 1971), and a Ph.D. in Economics from the University of Bristol (1975).

From April 1977 to December 1980, Sinan Al-Shabibi was the Chief of plan Preparation and Co-ordination Division at the Iraqi Ministry of Planning, and from May 1975 to March 1977 he worked as the Head of Imports and Marketing Section at the Iraqi ministry of oil.

Immediately after the start of the Iran–Iraq War, he moved to Geneva in Switzerland where he spent from December 1980 to October 2001 working as a Senior Economist in the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD).

On August 1, 2002 Al-Shabibi testified among other witnesses at the Hearing Before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee about possible military action in Iraq. The topics that he addressed were the state of the Iraqi economy and its stabilization post a possible military campaign.

Source

Description above from the Wikipedia article Sinan Al Shabibi, licensed under CC-BY-SA full list of contributors here. Community Pages are not affiliated with, or endorsed by, anyone associated with the topic.

Here is the difference in the two!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nouri al-Maliki

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Jump to: navigation, search His Excellency

Nouri al-Maliki

نوري المالكي‎ Prime Minister of Iraq Incumbent Assumed office

20 May 2006 President Jalal Talabani Deputy

See list[show]

Preceded by Ibrahim al-Jaafari Minister of the Interior

Acting Incumbent Assumed office

21 December 2010 Preceded by Jawad al-Bulani In office

20 May 2006 – 8 June 2006 Preceded by Baqir Jabr al-Zubeidi Succeeded by Jawad al-Bulani Minister of Defence

21 December 2010 Preceded by Qadir Obeidi Minister of National Security Affairs

21 December 2010 Preceded by Shirwan al-Waili Leader of the Islamic Dawa Party Incumbent Assumed office

1 May 2007 Preceded by Ibrahim al-Jaafari Personal details Born 20 June 1950 (age 61)

Hindiya, Iraq Nationality 22px-Flag_of_Iraq.svg.png Iraqi Political party Islamic Dawa Party

State of Law Coalition Spouse(s) Fareeha Khalil Alma mater Usul al-Din College

University of Baghdad Religion Shia Islam Nouri Kamil Mohammed Hasan al-Maliki (Arabic: نوري كامل محمّد حسن المالكي‎ Nūrī Kāmil al-Mālikī; born June 20, 1950), also known as Jawad al-Maliki or Abu Esraa, is the Prime Minister of Iraq and the secretary-general of the Islamic Dawa Party. Al-Maliki and his government succeeded the Iraqi Transitional Government. He is currently in his second term as Prime Minister. His first Cabinet was approved by the National Assembly and sworn in on May 20, 2006; his second Cabinet, in which he also holds the positions of acting Interior Minister, acting Defense Minister, and acting National Security Minister, was approved on December 21, 2010.

Al-Maliki began his political career as a Shia dissident under Saddam Hussein's administration in the late 1970s and rose to prominence after he fled a death sentence into exile for 24 years. During his time abroad, he became a senior leader of Dawa, coordinated the activities of anti-Saddam guerillas and built relationships with Iranian and Syrian officials whose help he sought in overthrowing Saddam. While having worked closely with US and coalition forces in Iraq since their departure by the end of 2011, there have been claims that al-Maliki has been trying to gain control over the armed groups in his country as means to consolidate the Prime Minister's power and marginalize Sunni opposition.[1] [2]

Basically Maliki is a Liberal in education and religion. He wanted to overthrow Saddam so that He could become the new dictator and set up another Islamic state with himself as the new Dictator.

• Upvote 3

Your forgetting the banking needs to be in place as well. Nobody is going to force anything prematurely. It will all fall apart if they are not ready.

Or force the RV. woo hooo

Shabbs is ready but needs the government. So if Shabbs is ready, the banks are read. He won't until Maliki is no longer a dictator. Share the power and we can't get this RV.

Edited by uncirculd