Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Sinus Troubles

bamagirl

Anybody have any sure fire sinus remedies? I have got the worst sinus infection I have had in years....we were suppose to go to the beach tomorrow for the day and night but I am MISERABLE and don't even feel like going to he Dr.....anybody have any suggestions?

Anybody have any sure fire sinus remedies? I have got the worst sinus infection I have had in years....we were suppose to go to the beach tomorrow for the day and night but I am MISERABLE and don't even feel like going to he Dr.....anybody have any suggestions?

sorry to here that ---i got them alot and the worst one was up agaist my brain and had to do surgery asap after the surgery never had another one since---knock on wood.mine cost my ins co.26,000.00 it was worth it---hope you feel better ---go to the doctor dont take any chances

I have bad sinuses as well. Really bad!

I use a neti pot and take mucinex-d twice a day at 12 hour intervals. Works like a champ. However, it only works if you make sure and spit all that stuff out. Don't swallow it back down because you think spitting is gross. It's called an expectorant for a reason. :blink:

I have had chronic sinus problems for years, and the neti pot didn't really help me, although it should have. It is a great solution for most people. I'd encourage you to at least try it.

I do a few things:

1. I use homemade goldenseal. you can buy organic goldenseal tincture at the health food store, I think it's better than nothing. I'll tell you how to make it if you're serious about a remedy that will cost you towards $100 for a pint bottle supply (unless you give it away!). The purchased stuff isn't that potent, and 2 oz of it will cost towards $30 for one small bottle you'll go thru quickly, and mine only uses a few drops a day. Shelf life: forever if stored in a cool, dark place. It's antifungal, antibacterial, antiviral.

2. I fill a bowl with steaming water and use one drop only (keep your eyes shut) of a mixture of essential oils. Cover your head with a towel, stay put for at least 3 minutes, but 5-10 is much better if you can do it. I purchase the oils from AromaticsInternational.com because I believe they are the best. They're the best I've found, anyway. And the prices are very reasonable. I do not recommend Young Living; they intermittently have quality control problems that affect the therapeutic value of the oils, although they're touted as the best out there, and I definitely would not buy them from the health food store.

The combination is: Eucaluptus Globulus, Niaouli, Ravintsara, Honeymyrtle. It smells WONDERFUL and really works well. It will cause the sinuses to clear; spit, don't swallow :) and you can steam as often thru the day as you feel like it. You can also drop a few on a handkerchief or cotton swab to keep near for inhaling, or use in an ultrasonic mister to clean the air too.

If you dilute it in a carrier oil, like cold-pressed olive, almond, sesame, jojoba, or other, you can massage it on your chest and feet, and put in a little with a bath. Directly on your skin it could burn.

Mucinex D and the Sudafed from behind the pharmacy counter (the stuff over the counter is crap) works really well too, but I don't use it as I'm getting away from chemical medicines for my health care, and I find my natural remedies work as well.

Bama,

With the weather changes..sometimes you don't know if it's allergy or cold...what works for me is Advil allergy and sinus.

I have had chronic sinus problems for years, and the neti pot didn't really help me, although it should have. It is a great solution for most people. I'd encourage you to at least try it.

I do a few things:

1. I use homemade goldenseal. you can buy organic goldenseal tincture at the health food store, I think it's better than nothing. I'll tell you how to make it if you're serious about a remedy that will cost you towards $100 for a pint bottle supply (unless you give it away!). The purchased stuff isn't that potent, and 2 oz of it will cost towards $30 for one small bottle you'll go thru quickly, and mine only uses a few drops a day. Shelf life: forever if stored in a cool, dark place. It's antifungal, antibacterial, antiviral.

2. I fill a bowl with steaming water and use one drop only (keep your eyes shut) of a mixture of essential oils. Cover your head with a towel, stay put for at least 3 minutes, but 5-10 is much better if you can do it. I purchase the oils from AromaticsInternational.com because I believe they are the best. They're the best I've found, anyway. And the prices are very reasonable. I do not recommend Young Living; they intermittently have quality control problems that affect the therapeutic value of the oils, although they're touted as the best out there, and I definitely would not buy them from the health food store.

The combination is: Eucaluptus Globulus, Niaouli, Ravintsara, Honeymyrtle. It smells WONDERFUL and really works well. It will cause the sinuses to clear; spit, don't swallow :) and you can steam as often thru the day as you feel like it. You can also drop a few on a handkerchief or cotton swab to keep near for inhaling, or use in an ultrasonic mister to clean the air too.

If you dilute it in a carrier oil, like cold-pressed olive, almond, sesame, jojoba, or other, you can massage it on your chest and feet, and put in a little with a bath. Directly on your skin it could burn.

Mucinex D and the Sudafed from behind the pharmacy counter (the stuff over the counter is crap) works really well too, but I don't use it as I'm getting away from chemical medicines for my health care, and I find my natural remedies work as well.

Brokenomore,

Yes..I use natural remedies too... love essential oils I use a lot of eucaluptus oil... I bathe myself with it :)

AFTER you see a Dr. to confirm it is in fact an infection, or not. If so he should give you antibiotics. Take them religiously and all of them.

When the infection clears up, go out and buy a whole house HEPA filter. Keep it clean and change the filter as needed.

Colloidal Silver will knock it out, works for me.

Although, whatever is causing the infection if still in the air, will reoccur. Just reapply. :)

Having lived in the far east for many years I am a firm believer in acupuncture. First thing I did when i returned to USA was find one locally.

Worked wonders for me. When I arrived in Phillipines was quite ill with sinus infection. Local friend recommended a "Doctor" and took

me there. What a surprise to find he was an acupuncturist. He placed 3 or 4 think needles in my head and neck, we chatted about 5 minutes

and he asked, how do you feel? I felt great!!. It was 2 years before I had any other sinus problems. Made a believer out of me. Good luck