Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

bump.gif Just to many nice gun pics to let this one fade Rod

pix469967201.jpg

Saweet!!!! biggrin.gif

Now... something to make us realize there are a whole lot

of stupid people out there... but this lady must top the list!!!! blink.gif

537015_488722021163175_1691106831_n.jpg

Senator Feinstein actually said this... Just a couple days ago on the manhunt for the manhunt of a former LAPD officer... http://www.palookavi...atewide-manhunt

• Upvote 2

(edited)

Saweet!!!! biggrin.gif

Senator Feinstein actually said this... Just a couple days ago on the manhunt for the manhunt of a former LAPD officer... http://www.palookavi...atewide-manhunt

It just amazes me how some of these people even get in office. I mean I've been hearing this kind of stupid coming out of the mouths of our politicians for years. Frickin unbelievable.

Ya, now that the gunman knows he has the upper hand he'll just give up, Riiiight. This lady has no knowledge of the reason people use guns in the first place to commit crimes. :huh:/> :blink:/>

Edited by fastarnie
  • Upvote 1

Saweet!!!! biggrin.gif

There is no way this women can be from this planet.

Illegal Alien is my guess.

• Upvote 1

I was just reading his book "American Sniper" when I heard the news of his tragic death. It's hard to keep reading when you know that not only did he risk his life for his country on a regular basis... he went a step further and worked with other soldiers PTSD...which is what looks like led to his death by a former Marine suffering from PTSD. Three words come to mind..."Respect", and "Thank You"!!!! No one know's how many lives were saved by this prolific sniper.

307477_436596856422551_581310042_n.png salute.gif

Here is a picture from his graveside service...

... no further words are necessary!!! R.I.P. Chris.

487656_436443716437865_1869288719_n.jpg

• Upvote 3

It's simple logic really!!! wink.gif

602974_550791314946057_1747802483_n.jpg

This picture sent me off on an interesting tangent..... Every time I see someone holding a long gun like this, I pay attention.... because, I'm right hand, left eye dominant which is a pain in the azz for long guns. especially with right port ejection. Sooo I was like, wow I didn't think of Regan as a left handed guy, and pretty sure he was right handed. So I looked it up and discovered that indeed he may be the first and only president considered ambidextrous as he writes with his right hand. Unfortunately, unlike him, I still shoot right with left eye.... blink.gif

Anyone else have the cross dominant prob they have to deal with?

• Upvote 1

This picture sent me off on an interesting tangent..... Every time I see someone holding a long gun like this, I pay attention.... because, I'm right hand, left eye dominant which is a pain in the azz for long guns. especially with right port ejection. Sooo I was like, wow I didn't think of Regan as a left handed guy, and pretty sure he was right handed. So I looked it up and discovered that indeed he may be the first and only president considered ambidextrous as he writes with his right hand. Unfortunately, unlike him, I still shoot right with left eye.... blink.gif

Yeah I am right handed but have a dominant left eye so when I shoot a compound bow or rifle I have to close my left eye. But if i'm shooting a hand gun I let my left eye dominant and it works out really well at 20 yards I will seldom stray off a 4" circle. or if I'm shooting my stick bow with no sites I let the left eye do the work.

I'm not ambidextrous but I can certainly drink beer with ether hand. smile.gif

• Upvote 4

I'm not truly ambidextrous, but I prefer to shoot handguns with my left hand and to shoot long guns right-handed; but that's just a preference, I can shoot either with either hand. I'm neither right nor left eye dominant so I have to close whichever eye I'm not using for aiming. Now if I could just hit the damn target...

• Upvote 3

I'm not truly ambidextrous, but I prefer to shoot handguns with my left hand and to shoot long guns right-handed; but that's just a preference, I can shoot either with either hand. I'm neither right nor left eye dominant so I have to close whichever eye I'm not using for aiming. Now if I could just hit the damn target...

You do actually have a dominant eye... may be slight, but is dominant nonetheless.... (and will help you hit the damn target if you get it figured out... lol ).

There's a pretty easy way to determine.... let me see if I can explain the hand thing.... put your right hand 4 fingers on on top of your left hand fingers, the right outstretched thumb over your left outstretched thumb. What you should have if you hold your hands up, is about a two inch hole to look through.... (hope that makes sense.... use both hands to make a hole to look through at an object 4 -5 feet from you).

With your hands in this position, hold them out in front of you, and with BOTH eyes OPEN.... find an object 4-5 feet away and center that object in the middle of the hole formed by your hands.

With the object centered with BOTH eyes open.......... Now CLOSE your LEFT eye, with your RIGHT eye open.

Is the object still in the center of the hole? then you are RIGHT EYE dominant (if no then)

Now.... CLOSE your RIGHT EYE.... with your LEFT eye open.

Is the object now in the center of the hole? then you are LEFT EYE dominant.

And if for some reason the object stays center in both cases, you are extraordinary, and perhaps the first of your kind..... I don't think there's been a documented case of such if this is done correctly (make sure the hole formed by your hands is not more than maybe 3 inches in diameter, 2 inches is better)....

So what eye dominance did you end up biggrin.gif

• Upvote 3

I was going to add.... (but editing timer ran out):

I found out I was left dominant the first time I went deer hunting at age 12 (having gotten my ears pierced the night before... it was a momentous weekend rolleyes.gif)....

Walking forever with my dad, we suddenly stopped short....there in front us was this huge 5 point....just waiting to become family dinner..... My trusty 250/3000 Savage, sighted in by grandpa to perfection.... I'm right handed so of course lined Mr Buck up in the cross hairs with my right eye... and started shooting like a mad man... Unloaded on that buck..... Must of scared the hell out of him as he ran like a rabbit to get away from that noise....

My dad was roaring with laughter, tears running down his cheeks as he said Sis!! You're not supposed to make him dance! I've never seen such amazing shooting to get a deer to dance like that without hitting him... He was laughing so hard, he got me laughing, and if all those shots didn't scare everything away, our laughter did.

Fortunately it dawned on my dad what was probably going on, and we spent the rest of the morning with me target practicing and getting used to holding right handed and sighting with the left eye.

Modified Webber stance works great for hand guns, but I think it would have been easier had I worked on shooting left handed on the long guns.

And yeah, I totally love my dad.... he's still the best... (though I have some pretty great hunting with grandpa stories too.... biggrin.gif)

• Upvote 4

I think I'm naturally a righty... I can however focus with effort with my left eye (ahum... once I take the patch off of course) and bring things into clarity... but I think you mean what eye automatically focuses on the target... which would be my right eye.... except when I walk the plank... then they are both covered!!! unsure.gif

piratesp2wp.jpg

I've always had this problem Razur, I'm a lefty but learned to shoot Righty because my Remington 1100 ejects the spent shot into my face when i shoot lefty. I've learned to shoot both ways but now my eyes are giving me trouble, so shooting righty is tough.... I've gone to a Ruger over and under (Red Label) for bird hunting. Bolt action Rifles can be just as tough if they are made for a righty so you make the 1st shot Count....

• Upvote 2

Just go ahead and try to take his right to his "bear arms"!!! wink.gif

481100_261270457339473_1535935285_n.jpg

And once again... trying to see the logic isn't that hard!!! wink.gif

525597_261083160691536_1017902098_n.jpg

Finally... someone willing to tell the truth...

he knows when seconds count the police are minutes away!!!

521484_260495257416993_1725838295_n.jpgwink.gif

65272_258936317572887_602389565_n.jpg

• Upvote 1

You do actually have a dominant eye... may be slight, but is dominant nonetheless....

Actually, the quip about hitting the damn target was self deprecating...

I'm probably right eye dominant. Years ago, during a flight physical when I was in the Navy, I failed - completely due to vision. The first optometrist referred me to another to verify findings, etc. What was placed in my record is that I have "binocularity without diplopia." Huh? In most folks vision, the image from both eyes are automatically placed together for stereoscopic vision. Mine are offset a little with the left image slightly lower, but the vision center in my brain corrects it so that I have seemingly normal vision. If I really think about it and look at an object, I do in fact see two images, but I normally don't have double vision (diplopia). When I'm very tired, I do sense more of the double vision and I usually choose the obect on the right. (I don't drink alcohol nearly as much as I once did and I can't remember the last time I was drunk so that's not the issue.)

All that having been said, when I was a sailor attached to a Marine Corps Unit, I qualified Expert with both the 1911 (left-handed, left eyed) and the M16 (right-handed, right eyed). But I couldn't receive the Navy "Expert" Medal because I didn't qualify on a Certified Navy Range in front of a Certified Navy Range Master. When I was asssigned to a Fast Attack Submarine in the early 90s, I qualified on the M14. My target showed 24 or 25 of 30 hits in the 10 ring with no other markings on on the target but the center of the 10 ring no longer existed. The Range Master wasn't specifically watching my target as I qualified and couldn't verify for certain that the other rounds passed through the portion that no longer existed versus me completely missing the target. So while I was qualified to use the weapon, I was not qualified as an "Expert." Oh well.

Now my son on the other hand, Mr. 20/10 vision, can see a flea on the dog's butt at 50 yards and has peripheral vision at approx. 210 degrees... Yeah, he hits the target naturally.

• Upvote 1