Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

I'm just passing this along....I have no idea why this is funny huh.gif

Reasons Why Men Favor Handguns Over Women

#8 - If you admire a friend's handgun, he will probably let you try it out a few times.

#7 - Your primary handgun doesn't mind if you keep another handgun as a back up.

#6 - Your handgun will stay with you even if you run out of ammo.

#5 - A handgun doesn't take up a lot of closet space.

#4 - Handguns function normally every day of the month.

#3 - A handgun doesn't ask, "Do these new grips make me look fat?"

#2 - A handgun doesn't mind if you go to sleep after you use it.

And the number one reason a handgun is favored over a woman:

#1 - You can buy a silencer for a handgun!

Are you "sure" you have no idea why it's funny snotrocket???... looks like about 8 good reasons!!! laugh.gif

Check it out Rod. Gives a whole new meaning to Attack dog. smile.gif

Man... before you might have had a slight chance to outrun him... but now.. "not a chance in heyall" dog!!! emot-LMAO.gif

• Upvote 2

The Second Amendment Rights appear to be holding their ground. wink.gif

Concealed carry: Court strikes down Illinois' ban

Chicago Tribune reporter Ray Long provides details on the U.S. appeals court ruling regarding concealed weapons in Illinois.

By Ray Long, Annie Sweeney and Monique GarciaTribune reporters3:32 p.m. CST, December 11, 2012

The state of Illinois would have to allow ordinary citizens to carry weapons under a federal appeals court ruling issued today, but the judges also gave lawmakers 180 days to put their own version of the law in place.

In a 2-1 decision that is a major victory for the National Rifle Association, the U.S. Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals said the state's ban on carrying a weapon in public is unconstitutional.

"We are disinclined to engage in another round of historical analysis to determine whether eighteenth-century America understood the Second Amendment to include a right to bear guns outside the home. The Supreme Court has decided that the amendment confers a right to bear arms for self-defense, which is as important outside the home as inside," the judges ruled.

"The theoretical and empirical evidence (which overall is inconclusive) is consistent with concluding that a right to carry firearms in public may promote self-defense. Illinois had to provide us with more than merely a rational basis for believing that its uniquely sweeping ban is justified by an increase in public safety. It has failed to meet this burden.

"The Supreme Court’s interpretation of the Second Amendment compelled the appeals court to rule the ban unconstitutional, the judges said. But the court gave 180 days to "allow the Illinois legislature to craft a new gun law that will impose reasonable limitations, consistent with the public safety and the Second Amendment as interpreted in this opinion, on the carrying of guns in public."

David Sigale, an attorney who represented the Second Amendment Foundation in the lawsuit, called the decision by the appeals court in Chicago “historic.”

“What we are most pleased about is how the court has recognized that the Second Amendment is just as, if not at times more, important in public as it is in the home,” he said. “The right of self-defense doesn’t end at your front door.”

In the opinion, Judge Richard Posner wrote that “a Chicagoan is a good deal more likely to be attacked on a sidewalk in a rough neighborhood than in his apartment on the 35th floor of the Park Tower.”

Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan, a Democrat, is taking time to examine the ruling before deciding whether to appeal to the U.S. Supreme Court.

"The court gave 180 days before its decision will be returned to the lower court to be implemented,” said Natalie Bauer, Madigan’s spokeswoman. “That time period allows our office to review what legal steps can be taken and enables the legislature to consider whether it wants to take action."

Illinois is the only state in the nation not to have some form of conceal carry after Wisconsin recently approved law.

"The (Illinois) legislature, in the new session, will be forced to take up a statewide carry law," said NRA lobbyist Todd Vandermyde.

The lobbyist said prior attempts to reach a middle ground with opponents will no longer be necessary because "those compromises are going out the window."

House Majority Leader Barbara Flynn Currie, a longtime gun control advocate, said she hoped the state would appeal the ruling. But Currie also said lawmakers must “get cracking” on how to respond to the ruling and begin parsing its key points.

Currie, D-Chicago, said that “justices surely do not mean that we would have to have wide-open” laws in Illinois. She said Illinois must now look at what other states are doing, such as disallowing guns in day-care centers and other locations.

“If we need to change the law, let us at least craft a law that is very severely constrained and narrowly tailored so that we don’t invite guns out of control on each of our city’s streets,” Currie said. “I don’t want people out of control wandering the streets with guns that are out of control.”

Rep. Brandon Phelps, who has repeatedly sponsored concealed weapons legislation, hailed the measure as a “mandate."

“The justices more or less said Illinois has a mandate to get something passed within 180 days… to pass a concealed-carry law in the state of Illinois,” said Phelps, a Democrat from Downstate Harrisburg.

“I never thought we’d get a victory of that magnitude,” Phelps said.

Phelps fought unsuccessfully in the House to pass concealed weapons legislation with a long set of restrictions, but he warned opponents of his legislation may regret they had not supported it when they had a chance. Now, he said, he “can’t see us” going forward with legislation that has as many restrictions as the bill that failed.

The prior bill largely limited carrying weapons to when a person was in a car, walking into a house and out on a sidewalk, and it specifically disallowed guns to be carried in churches, schools, gymnasiums, sporting events, bars and businesses, Phelps said.

He said no decision has been made on which restrictions in his previous legislation would be removed in a new bill.

Phelps warned that gun control groups who might want to appeal the issue to the U.S. Supreme Court might put strict laws in other states in jeopardy. He said he would consult with the National Rifle Association and the Illinois State Rifle Association.

A spokeswoman for Gov. Pat Quinn said the administration is reviewing the decision. The governor has previously said he was firmly opposed to any law allowing citizens to carry loaded guns in public. He threatened to veto previous attempts by lawmakers to pass legislation allowing concealed carry in Illinois.

Mayor Rahm Emanuel said through a spokesman that he was “disappointed with the court’s decision.” The city is reviewing the opinion and will work with others “to best protect the residents of Chicago and still meet constitutional restrictions,” Bill McCaffrey added.

“As the mayor has said all along, the City of Chicago is committed to maintaining the fullest degree of lawful handgun restrictions possible while still respecting the Second Amendment rights of law abiding citizens, because maintaining common-sense restrictions is an issue of public safety.”

• Upvote 2

Are you "sure" you have no idea why it's funny snotrocket???... looks like about 8 good reasons!!! laugh.gif

Yeah...I'm pretty sure most of this humor went right over my head......except maybe #4...Handguns function normally every day of the month.... :blink: Weird....because every 28 days I feel the need to remove the bullets from my revolver and dry-fire at the TV..... I'm just not sure why that's funny! ;)

• Upvote 6

Yeah...I'm pretty sure most of this humor went right over my head......except maybe #4...Handguns function normally every day of the month.... blink.gif Weird....because every 28 days I feel the need to remove the bullets from my revolver and dry-fire at the TV..... I'm just not sure why that's funny! wink.gif

HAHAHAHA!!! That's great Snot!!! Is this you???

eyebrows.gifscreen-shot-2012-07-09-at-23-29-38.png?w=627&h=464eyebrows.gif

• Upvote 4

Snotrocket... better to dry fire at the T.V. than to see you on the national news for "America's Most Wanted"!!! rolleyes.gif You just keep dry firing... although may I suggest Paint Ball... it's a great way to take out your aggressions in a "non-lethal way!!! laugh.gif

64630_3469263389082_1832198892_n.jpgwink.gif

Aaaaaaaah!!!! Brunette huh, well how bout this then??? eyebrows.gif

7726889092_2d7b1a7879_z.jpg

Ummmm... may I suggest a new title for this one Timberwolf? ... "The Good, The Bad, And the Gorgeous!!! blush.gif

• Upvote 4

Aaaaaaaah!!!! Brunette huh, well how bout this then??? eyebrows.gif

7726889092_2d7b1a7879_z.jpg

Timberwolf.... you're very sweet! Not being into chicks myself, the first thing I noticed is that her finger is on the trigger..... that's just wrong! She's not even aiming at anything! But, after I got over that... I must say..... not too far off. I do look great in a hat! I could definitely be her......... much older sister! (You did catch the part where I'm in my late, late...... late 40's.... right? Lol!) ;)

@ RodandStaff..... thanks for the advice. Sounds as though you may know where of you speak! Hehe! I'm only aggressive with liberals and that's 24/7/365.... (I might need a prescription for that!) :lol:

• Upvote 5

PS Can someone tell me how to blow this up to adult size... so to speak....

"Non-Techie" here, but it seems that some photo's just don't blow up... maybe their just too hot??? blush.gifrolleyes.gif

• Upvote 2

Who Sez Snipers Can't be Stylish?

I notice if you click on the ? box above the close picture X (once you tap picture to open and make bigger).... you get a normal size picture..... Okay, what's up with thatbiggrin.gif

• Upvote 2

68852_551291741565046_1738808881_n.jpg

That couldn't be said any better Bumper... and considering the fact that when seconds count the police are minutes away it's time that a few more "good guys and gals" be positioned throughout society to keep those bad guys at bay!!! wink.gif

Here is one sweet gun I wouldn't mind putting on the post RV list!!!biggrin.gif

779_400270326721871_14770902_n.jpg

• Upvote 1