Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

How many really think by end of March

pbrman71

pbrman71, I don't know about the end of March but probably by September, if they do release the lower denomination currencies at that time. Why have a 100 dinar coin or note on the street at the current 1166 value? Doesn't make much sense to do that, but maybe they intend to make the 10k and 25k the equivalent of 10 and 25 dinar at that time. I'm interested to hear anyone's thoughts on this. Peace!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Absolutely it will RV by the end of March ... some March ... .just not the one we are in now.

No way will it be done in the next 30 days. And with a birthday on the 30th of March I was really hoping for a cashing in type of Birthday Gift for myself. I mean ... if I have to keep getting older, and older, and older ... there should be some compensation ... The RV would be acceptable.

:)

smee2

• Upvote 3

Quote:

Well jeez! This is just getting more and more depressing...I just had to ask didn't I...?!

pbrman... it seems the wind has been taken out of many of the dinarians sails lately... so many hopes have hung on certain events that have not materialized in the desired result... which is totally understandable. But in reality... it may not be as far away as a lot of folks are "feeling" right now.

Lets review a few key points that remain here...

*The HCL has been discussed, and for all we know most, if not all of the details could already have been worked out... and Adam believes it could pass at any time.... I agree!

*Security Minister needs to be seated... again, just a little while back three more names were presented to Maliki to choose from... and as far as I know nothing has been announced one way or the other. In the meantime they have filled the post albeit it with a temporary minister.

*Chapter 7... so much good information has come out with everyone from the UN and China weighing in on the bandwagon to get them out. M is going to Kuwait soon... and some feel like that may just be a photo opp to celebrate it being completed. We can only hope.

*More and more money keeps showing up in the Iraqi coffers... good news for a healthy RV.

*Security-Iraq has ordered fighter jets worth billions. U.S. Military has pulled out of Iraq, but in reality are not too far away from what it sounds like. I am thinking if Iran attacks it would be a huge mistake and guarantee their downfall.

*Iraq is hosting the Arab Summit- though a lot of folks are not getting their hopes up about this event I think it is very significant. "Logic" would tell you that this is Iraq's chance to prove themselves, that they are back in the game and pressing hard to restore some of the grandeur of old. Articles implying that they want to have the most valuable currency in the M.E. (that would put it in the $3.70 to $4.00 range... immediately or over time... who knows?).

*Lower Denominations- I hear a lot of people saying they are not printed... o.k... so my response is ... "so what?" rolleyes.gif If they RV at a 1 to 1 rate, or more, they can do two things that would enable them to transact business without any glitches. First, they could use USD to give change, or they could process the transactions electronically to ensure correct change in a transaction. What's so difficult to understand about that? They have already announced there will be education to help folks make an easy transfer to the new rate and currency... that isn't rocket science, so I can not seriously imagine that taking too long, imo.

*Other factors... Shabb's hates inflation... it is about at the max he will allow. Also they need a huge shot in the arm of their budget to really get going at the rebuilding in their country. For Iraq to lead once again in the M.E. they have to have their own viable currency... and not be dependent on the USD.

This is just a partial list that I am sure some of the sharp folks here at D.V. can add to. Does this guarantee it will RV in March... no... but it sure leads me imo to believe "it could happen"! When will it actually happen???... I hope you realize pbrman... no can give you an absolute answer to that one... but we can hope.

Also... we will continue to pray for your health and well being pbrman, it sounds like you, like many of us, have others depending on you, and we hope and pray for the best for everyone here. Blessings to all! wink.gif

• Upvote 11
  • Downvote 1

Quote:

Well jeez! This is just getting more and more depressing...I just had to ask didn't I...?!

pbrman... it seems the wind has been taken out of many of the dinarians sails lately... so many hopes have hung on certain events that have not materialized in the desired result... which is totally understandable. But in reality... it may not be as far away as a lot of folks are "feeling" right now.

*The HCL has been discussed, and for all we know most, if not all of the details could already have been worked out... and Adam believes it could pass at any time.... I agree!

*Security Minister needs to be seated... again, just a little while back three more names were presented to Maliki to choose from... and as far as I know nothing has been announced one way or the other. In the meantime they have filled the post albeit it with a temporary minister.

*Chapter 7... so much good information has come out with everyone from the UN and China weighing in on the bandwagon to get them out. M is going to Kuwait soon... and some feel like that may just be a photo opp to celebrate it being completed. We can only hope.

*More and more money keeps showing up in the Iraqi coffers... good news for a healthy RV.

*Security-Iraq has ordered fighter jets worth billions. U.S. Military has pulled out of Iraq, but in reality are not too far away from what it sounds like. I am thinking if Iran attacks it would be a huge mistake and guarantee their downfall.

*Iraq is hosting the Arab Summit- though a lot of folks are not getting their hopes up about this event I think it is very significant. "Logic" would tell you that this is Iraq's chance to prove themselves, that they are back in the game and pressing hard to restore some of the grandeur of old. Articles implying that they want to have the most valuable currency in the M.E. (that would put it in the $3.70 to $4.00 range... immediately or over time... who knows?).

*Lower Denominations- I hear a lot of people saying they are not printed... o.k... so my response is ... "so what?" rolleyes.gif If they RV at a 1 to 1 rate, or more, they can do two things that would enable them to transact business without any glitches. First, they could use USD to give change, or they could process the transactions electronically to ensure correct change in a transaction. What's so difficult to understand about that? They have already announced there will be education to help folks make an easy transfer to the new rate and currency... that isn't rocket science, so I can not seriously imagine that taking too long, imo.

*Other factors... Shabb's hates inflation... it is about at the max he will allow. Also they need a huge shot in the arm of their budget to really get going at the rebuilding in their country. For Iraq to lead once again in the M.E. they have to have their own viable currency... and not be dependent on the USD.

This is just a partial list that I am sure some of the sharp folks here at D.V. can add to. Does this guarantee it will RV in March... no... but it sure leads me imo to believe "it could happen"! When will it actually happen???... I hope you realize pbrman... no can give you an absolute answer to that one... but we can hope.

Also... we will continue to pray for your health and well being pbrman, it sounds like you, like many of us, have others depending on you, and we hope and pray for the best for everyone here. Blessings to all! wink.gif

GREAT POST,VERY WELL THOUGHT OUT PEACE DAVE

• Upvote 3

Agreed...very well thought out, and I appreciate the personal concern. Too many both here and elsewhere tend to just spout off with sarcasm...intended or unintended either way. The facts you have brought out and reiterated here are what I was looking for when I started the thread. No, unfortunately no one can predict with certainty when it will happen or at what figures, but I do know that I am not the only one who has been in this for so long that it has become more than just aggravating and laborious. It is what it is, and I am sure everyone who has been in it more than a week can understand that after so many months and years of hearing and reading the same old rhetoric, it can get more than little discouraging and depressing. It becomes difficult at best to maintain a high degree of faith under these circumstances, so it's a good thing to have some of the "good" and "positive things" reiterated now and again. Thanks rodandstaff....I agree with you 100% that there is a distinct possibility for this month, although after all these years I refuse to hold my breath anymore!

• Upvote 5

I think they have more to do. They will get it right.

I think the late spring could be but summer or fall looks more like it..

That way it does'nt,t consume my days and if it goes tommorow great.

I don't want to know the date or time. I just want to wake up one morning and be well you know.

How cool will that be.

• Upvote 1

No idea, but wow... wouldn't it just be the best!?!

I have some very good practical ideas that would assure me to never be dependent again.

Plus for those of us who have had money, then been frauded out of it I think you may be ones to appreciate it the most.

A second chance. :rolleyes:

Edited by BLINDSIGHT
  • Upvote 2

Quote:

Well done!!! Thanks for putting that together. :D :D :D

• Upvote 1

The truth is, the new notes have not even been printed as of yet, so I would venture to say that there is very little, to no chance of seeing this ride end by the end of this month.

In fact, there was a recent article that came out about a week or so ago, that once again speaks of the new dinar that will be printed, and that they are currently still designing them, and never has any article spoke of them as notes that have been printed.

There has been much speculation on this matter in the last couple years because of certain "gurus" out there that have claimed to know that they have been printed, one going as far as to say he has even seen a picture of them, but not a single one of them have ever been able to produce the evidence to support their claims, or the pictures. I have personally asked to see this, and they have never been able to produce anything.

I do believe that one way or the other, whatever it is the outcome may be for our investment, we are still in for a bit of this wait. My opinion, that being at least until the 2nd half of this year to 2013 at the earliest. In the meantime, we sit back, learn, and enjoy the company of one another! :)

Nobody should be negged for giving a rational respectful opinion.

C'mon, y'all, even 'em out :)

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

I really think we will only see a small series of increases..like what was just done, 1170 to 1166 over a long period of time. Just have a feeling they will milk this until the teat runs dry.

I don't know how many people come on here and read these. But, i don't think it will happen this month. are next. But, maybe the middle of dec. :(<_<:angry:

these are unpopular views, but I gave you guys a +1 because I think it's a distinct possibility.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I think it will happen in March, very possible next 3 days.

On the rate, no doubt , the same as Kawait plus 10 cents.

That would be $4.00 today. It is really costing alot for them not

to be R Ving !! It does'nt look good for Iraq, if they don't PUSH

THE BUTTON. I can't believe whats going on over there, it's really a

sad deal. If we can get everyone to pray, for a speedy recovery, for Iraq,

might help. Man i'm glad i live in the USA. Pray people pray......Go R. V.

• Upvote 2

Chapter 7 discussion scheduled in june with unsc. No early release from ch7, no hcl, no security, no effective economic laws equals. zero chance of rv in march. political turmoil, a non working, distracted parliament, talk of withdrawl and walkout, middle east i. regional uprising, israel getting ready for iran. so once again, not a chance

Edited by truthful1
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Absolutely, i think this will happen by the end of March. Basically everything they need is already in place. Its just a matter of what the rate will be!

Everyhing they need is in place? Can you give a physical description line item of everything. because everything on my checklist isnt done

Edited by truthful1

I understand there are still a few things they need to accomplish.. And then there are the many internal conflicts among Powers That Be and also among the various political and sectarian and tribal factions which will be hard to settle...

So I'd say no..... Still a medium to long way...Unfortunately....

I hope I'm wrong and it's done by tomorrow.

I think it will happen in March, very possible next 3 days.

On the rate, no doubt , the same as Kawait plus 10 cents.

That would be $4.00 today. It is really costing alot for them not

to be R Ving !! It does'nt look good for Iraq, if they don't PUSH

THE BUTTON. I can't believe whats going on over there, it's really a

sad deal. If we can get everyone to pray, for a speedy recovery, for Iraq,

might help. Man i'm glad i live in the USA. Pray people pray......Go R. V.

I have some swamp land in Florida, would you be interested??

• Upvote 1

At this point with all the confusion, and ups and downs, I am wondering how many of y'all really think this thing could actually r/v and be over and done with by the end of this month (March) ? Serious question...please give serious answers...not a "well, it may or it may not..."

I wish, but would say end of year to Jan 1st more likely.