Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

I just posted a joke and it has been dissapeared already ?

delta22

Smee 2 for your edification I am a retired vietnam vet.I did my 20 and since 2004 have been back supporting the Military in several war zones. As to the joke it was probably the cleanest most family friendly joke I ever posted.

Yes Delta, I was trying to reply when it was pulled....it was hilarious and clean IMO.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Markinsa-thats for keeping an eye out for us. I don't know what the joke was, and frankly I don't care. If the mod's and Adam think it was not appropriate, then that is the way it is. I agree with the comments about the thread on the Crazy Side, I read a few posts and have never went into it again. I am surprised that it is allowed to keep going. My husband had never been on DV until a few weeks ago, and it was one of the first threads he read. To say the least, he was very disappointed in the content. I assured him that usually that kind of thing is not allowed. We both now simply choose not to go into that area.

• Upvote 1

I've enjoyed your jokes from time to time. Not always funny but hey that's what make the world go round. If the site is going to censor post you should add the Obama post to that list. No matter if you don't agree , don't like and want to vote him out of office, there should be no disrespecting the president. Just get out and vote. No different when a lopster gets in on a thread and starts bashing away on what we believe. There are ways to disagree without being disrespectful. Back on subject. Delta post should be aloud People can choose not to read them. I think we're all adults ..

Oh and go RV

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I think there are certain "jokes" that can be handled "delicately" but some just don't bend that far. They are gross and not "family friendly". Having said that, I also feel that if we are going to be concerned about "all ages" and the "family" we should be landing a lot harder on all the bashing of the American President. I don't care who it is, it is the American President. The office itself carries some requirement for respect but I have yet to read anything here that respects the office or the man.

And posting somewhere else? I agree! There are lots of places where off colour jokes and political mudslinging are welcomed, and even encouraged. I would love to see those two elements disappear from DV. My original take on the site was that this was a site mostly frequented by military, former military (But are you even not military having once been? I don't think so!) and their families, and that gave me hope that it was going to be not only informational regarding dinar, but posted to by people who are respectful, polite ... you know ... all that good stuff that the guardians of your homeland are supposed to be.

Markinsa, good on ya mate ... for sticking up for the rules. They have a purpose.

:)

smee2

I could not agree more smee2. I have stated many times, the office of U.S. president deserves respect. There is a pinned thread, Obama Lovers and Haters, that everyone should read. Referring to our president as Obummer, Bo, Barry, etc.....is completely disrespectful and unnecessary. People may not agree with the man, but the position demands and deserves respect. ;)

GO RV, then BV

I for one am sorry I didn't get to see delta's joke. Dirty or Clean, I have an obscure sense of humor and appreciate the effort.

Markinsa, if you took the time to read the post you would realize it is for all ages. I have encountered the warnings here and wouldn't have posted it if I thought it would upset anyone. But I guess some are so frightend of offending the narrow minded that they don't mind trampeling over the rest. Take the time to read the joke and then tell me what was offensive.

I read it, it reminds me of a joke a teenage boy would tell in the locker room. The "all ages" means that you curb the subject matter that is appropriate for everyone. And since you are having a hard time grasping the concept, If you post a topic, a joke, or some other form of humor, it shouldn't include sexual body parts, bodily excrement, sexual activity, things you wouldn't want your 11 year old granddaughter or your grand mother reading. And if you want your granddaughter and grandmother reading the type of garbage that I've seen you post... Well then you just need help...

-

• Upvote 2

I think there are certain "jokes" that can be handled "delicately" but some just don't bend that far. They are gross and not "family friendly". Having said that, I also feel that if we are going to be concerned about "all ages" and the "family" we should be landing a lot harder on all the bashing of the American President. I don't care who it is, it is the American President. The office itself carries some requirement for respect but I have yet to read anything here that respects the office or the man.

smee2

I wish we could travel back to the 8 years of the Bush era and have this discussion about respect for the Office of the President. Also, try living here under this regime - I think your opinion would change rather quickly.

PS. Sorry we couldn't do business on that oil pipeline. Maybe if we elect someone who loves this country in November, we can take over for the ChiComms.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Mod's haven't we beat this to death yet? Delta is upset his joke was pulled, you have all of these folks screaming from the nose bleed seat about free speech don't you think it's time to just close this and move on. Make this a lesson learned, if you don't want your daughter, grand daughter or Grand Ma reading some like you posted then don't post it. Easy fix. Go RV and have a nice day.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I read it, it reminds me of a joke a teenage boy would tell in the locker room. The "all ages" means that you curb the subject matter that is appropriate for everyone. And since you are having a hard time grasping the concept, If you post a topic, a joke, or some other form of humor, it shouldn't include sexual body parts, bodily excrement, sexual activity, things you wouldn't want your 11 year old granddaughter or your grand mother reading. And if you want your granddaughter and grandmother reading the type of garbage that I've seen you post... Well then you just need help...

-

This will be my last remark about this so I genuinely hope it doesn't offend you. But from the scripture you've used on your page I'm guessing you are a Christian and realize the implications of sowing and reaping. That being said, I go back to my original question about the post concerning the crazy side of DV. If you take the rules you just layed out to Delta and try to make that post fit inside them there is no way it works. Just out of curiosity what kind of "special circumstances" allows that to run for 751 pages when it is totally full of innuendos, insinuations, descriptive terminology, and other phallic humor. I'm not perfect by any means but what kind of "special circumstances" allows about a dozen people to go on and on with this when there are many others who get their chain yanked within 5 minutes. If its teenage boys or old folks wanting to act young, its all the same. Oh well, you did leave us an out...if we don't like it we are welcome to go play somewhere else. The "mature" folks might get offended if we posted one that said "Christian content"...if you are an atheist, agnostic, spiritist, occultist, witch, warlord, universalist, or some other "ist" don't read! From now on Delta put a disclaimer on it or at least a warning label.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

This will be my last remark about this so I genuinely hope it doesn't offend you. But from the scripture you've used on your page I'm guessing you are a Christian and realize the implications of sowing and reaping. That being said, I go back to my original question about the post concerning the crazy side of DV. If you take the rules you just layed out to Delta and try to make that post fit inside them there is no way it works. Just out of curiosity what kind of "special circumstances" allows that to run for 751 pages when it is totally full of innuendos, insinuations, descriptive terminology, and other phallic humor.

They said give us a thread so we can say whatever we want!!! Adam said ok.

If Delta22 wants to post his joke in there, I could care less. But when members have to scroll through topics, and keep getting visually attacked by the word Scrotum, and other words you haven't seen, well then that's where I draw the line.

-

• Upvote 3

I wish we could travel back to the 8 years of the Bush era and have this discussion about respect for the Office of the President. Also, try living here under this regime - I think your opinion would change rather quickly.

PS. Sorry we couldn't do business on that oil pipeline. Maybe if we elect someone who loves this country in November, we can take over for the ChiComms.

What He or She said. +1

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I personally want to say thankyou to Markinsa, altho a few folks have brought many cute, inspirational and funny jokes and poems there have been a few that just were not acceptable to the "narrow Minded" as you guys call us. I have been in the crazy side once and left in less than 5 seconds as I knew immediately, I did not want to read that kind of material. I'm not condemning but I think Markinsa hit the nail on the head when he said keep your jokes in there...That thread.

I appreciate you Markinsa

• Upvote 4