Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iraqi Dinar: Scam or God-Send?

After being invested since 2004, I actually believe its a scam. I think the dinar will eventually lop then rd, however i expect nothing this year. Even though i expect to at least double my initial investment i still consider it a scam. We were told that this could make us rich and thats simply not true.

WERE WE SCAMMED? (IMO) YES! BUT ONLY INTO THINKING IT WAS A GET RICH "QUICK' INVESTMENT! THE ONLY WAY (IMO) IT WOULD CONTINUE BEING A SCAM IS IF I LOST MY INITIAL MONEY INVESTED AND MORE. SO, DO I THINK IT'S STILL A SCAM? (IMO) "ABSOLUTELY" NOT !

I DO BELIEVE IT'S A GOD-SEND AND HAVE FAITH IN MY LONG TERM INVESTMENT...... cool.gif SURE HOPE YOU CAN FIND FAITH IN IT AGAIN TOO! cool.gif

• Upvote 1

Awesome read, and great info. I completely agree with this. The one thing that really has me believing is Afghanistan. I know it doesn't have anything to do with Iraq but, I am in Afghanistan and i have been to Iraq. The diffence between these two countries and the people are too numerous to list. I do have more faith in Iraq and her people. i also know what both countries have to offer. Iraq has oil, natural gas and recourses that they have some freeedom to take advantage of. They also have a government (still growing) that is trying to fix what is broken. Afghanistan on the other hand has no oil, no reachable recourses (Due to the violence in the country) and a governement that would make Iraq's look like a juggernat.

I know this is a little rambaling but my point is this . How can a country that is as hopeless as Afghanistan have money that is worth more than Iraq. Just hold on my friends this investment really is a god send and those of us who took the leap and patiently waited will be rewarded.

I read that you are currently in Afghanistan. Are you serving our country in the military, or are you in the private sector?

After being invested since 2004, I actually believe its a scam. I think the dinar will eventually lop then rd, however i expect nothing this year. Even though i expect to at least double my initial investment i still consider it a scam. We were told that this could make us rich and thats simply not true.

/quote]

Now I'm no mathematician, but the best rate I could find (after only a cursory investigation when I read this post) on an 8-year cd was 3.05%apr.

8 years .... 3.05%apr ....you do the math.

The author posts that he believes he can double his money after 8 years --- let see: One hand: 8 years, 3.05% apr ---- other hand 8 years, 100% return: I'm in! The best I ever did was on Martha Stewart stock when she was headed to the hoosegow! It was SWEEEEEEEET, but nowhere near this kind of return.!!!!!! Glass half-empty? We are all extremely blessed to be able to watch this country recover, help them do it, and help ourselves in the process. GO RV!!!!

I don't think you deserved to be negged on your comments. I like most got into this with very little knowledge of the investment because a friend told me it could happen any minute and I didn't want to miss out. Now, 3 years later I wouldn't buy more dinar at a 50% discount, but on the other hand I wouldn't sell mine either. Just hope this works out for all of us.

You Gotta pull your head out your ###, I have also been invested for years and if I had that MIND SET I sure wouldn't be here wasting my time. Do yourself a favor and visit a little place called EBAY and rid yourself of this HORRIBLE INVESTMENT. If you have been invested since 2004 you have made a profit already! Some of us have been watching the money pouring into Iraq and the goal to be Internationally Recognized and simply do not need your Negativity :angry:

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Awesome read, and great info. I completely agree with this. The one thing that really has me believing is Afghanistan. I know it doesn't have anything to do with Iraq but, I am in Afghanistan and i have been to Iraq. The diffence between these two countries and the people are too numerous to list. I do have more faith in Iraq and her people. i also know what both countries have to offer. Iraq has oil, natural gas and recourses that they have some freeedom to take advantage of. They also have a government (still growing) that is trying to fix what is broken. Afghanistan on the other hand has no oil, no reachable recourses (Due to the violence in the country) and a governement that would make Iraq's look like a juggernat.

I know this is a little rambaling but my point is this . How can a country that is as hopeless as Afghanistan have money that is worth more than Iraq. Just hold on my friends this investment really is a god send and those of us who took the leap and patiently waited will be rewarded.

Yup - simple truth paints a clearer picture.

I got you +1 back George. I agree with you. Must of been a guru not liking the read.laugh.gif

Thanks B)

I read that you are currently in Afghanistan. Are you serving our country in the military, or are you in the private sector?

I'm in the Military... This is my 15th year in the Air Force and my 10th trip to some kind of conflict. I'm spending a year over here as an Air Advisor to the Afghan Air force. Thanks for wondering.

• Upvote 2

Oooops! Typo!!! Before I get flamed, let's make that "appreciate!"

hahaha I knew that!!

I don't think you deserved to be negged on your comments. I like most got into this with very little knowledge of the investment because a friend told me it could happen any minute and I didn't want to miss out. Now, 3 years later I wouldn't buy more dinar at a 50% discount, but on the other hand I wouldn't sell mine either. Just hope this works out for all of us.

This reminds me of when I was a little girl growing up in a tiny town in Arkansas. My mother used to tell my sister and me, "I wouldn't take a million dollars for either of you, but I wouldn't give a plug nickle for another one just like you." Many years later as a mother, myself, I understood this sentiment better. haha

I'm in the Military... This is my 15th year in the Air Force and my 10th trip to some kind of conflict. I'm spending a year over here as an Air Advisor to the Afghan Air force. Thanks for wondering.

I appreciate very much what you have done and are doing for our country. Thank you very much for your service!!

***///

Swami-D....!

How about flyin' a swell desk in TPA BAY for the final 5....?

That Golf Course out there is pretty sweet! B)

We'll put the baby in the back of the golf cart and park the wife at the NCO Club bar w/ her gal pals for a few hours!

Edited by SgtFuryUSCZ

***///SWAMI-D!...

Seeing as how you are where you are, all you need is a wedge and a putter to get started...

Use the wedge to practice your sand bunker shots and the putter in your office...

By the time you get back to the CONUS you would have perfected 70% of the game!

(the rest is 10%Woods, 10% fairway irons, and 10% the ability to hold your scotch & cigars whilst doing the other 90%!)

Bring Jambi back with you... he can carry your bag! :ph34r:

We can also use him to cut chum & bait the hooks when we take the boat out for Grouper! B)

Su-weet!

What the.... ?!?! Someone popped me a neg for this with out comment?!?!?

Annnd, it's the only neg on whole thread? U know what that tells me...?

Yea, that's right, the neg button is now operational :P

Got you with a +1

Yes, why would you neg somebody that never has anything good to say. Once, once, I saw a positive post from graciepoo. This is just his/her modus operandi. I wouldn't expect anything else but negativity from this person.

Carry on, graciepoo. Keep swimming in the negative swill.

The stock market could make u rich or could make u poor. Facevook made a lot of people rich for every fb theres probably ten other socialnetworks that pooped up and failed and lost a lot of people money. If every investment were a guranteed moneymaker everyone would b rich. Im kind of pesssimistic myself and have no expectations of 3 to 1 or even one to one but a scam is something where the deck is stacked against you from the jump. If u bought back in '04 you at least are up a few hundred bucks

The stock market could make u rich or could make u poor. Facevook made a lot of people rich for every fb theres probably ten other socialnetworks that pooped up and failed and lost a lot of people money. If every investment were a guranteed moneymaker everyone would b rich. Im kind of pesssimistic myself and have no expectations of 3 to 1 or even one to one but a scam is something where the deck is stacked against you from the jump. If u bought back in '04 you at least are up a few hundred bucks

I understand what you are saying, but Facebook may not be the best example when referencing the stock market making someone rich or poor considering the company is not yet trading on any exchange. But when they do, the people that have been paid for work and services in shares of the company will potentially be sitting on a gold mine.

• Upvote 1

***///

G.Hayduke...!

Thanks so much for pic of Carrello...!

(insert LOUD wolfwhistle here!)

Yessirreee....! ;)

Foxhole candy, baby!

Don't have a plane or a big missile anymore, so I'm paintin' her picture on the side of my golf cart!

LOL! Believe you me - Corrello knows all about golf carts - she's got the best sunshades this side of Palm Desert.

...and no, I don't get a cut - but I will take a drink in Vegas at the RV party B)

I understand what you are saying, but Facebook may not be the best example when referencing the stock market making someone rich or poor considering the company is not yet trading on any exchange. But when they do, the people that have been paid for work and services in shares of the company will potentially be sitting on a gold mine.

I wasn't really saying facebook made some people rich as like you said it has not IPO yet, there were early investors who gave money at the beginning and people involved with the company early on who are filthy rich. For every person who got rich investing in facebook early on I'm sure there are ten others who had a friend or colleague come to them about another "up and comming" social network that wound up going bust and losing money.

I bought some copper a few years back at $3 jumped to almost $5 and it's right back to where it started. Precious metals only go up right that's what people were saying for a while when silver was skyrocketing people who got in at $11 a few years back are doing pretty well, people who bought at almost $50 and now it's back down to the $30 range probably aren't too happy.

My main point being a scam would be selling you stock in a company that doesn't exist, selling you a car that I know is bad and is going to die on you a block away, or other fraudulant scheme.

The dinar if you view it as an investment is an EXTREMELY risky one. I doubt the person selling you the dinar made you any promises or gurantees or even said anything about it going up in value. I'm up a few hundred bucks from when I bought origionally back in 04 obviously that's not great as I could have gotten a better return on a cd or stock market or silver or a number of other things but I am up money and at any time I could cash out my dinar and get most of my money back on some and turn a small profit on others

A scam is basically a no win situation you bought into a VERY risky investment that may see a loss, a small gain, a big gain nobody knows. My point being if "investments" were a sure thing we would all know where to put our money and all be rich

• Upvote 1