Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

The project to delete three zeros from Iraqi currency accompanied by significant inflation in the country

carlablum

The project to delete three zeros from Iraqi currency accompanied by significant inflation in the country

Member of the Finance CommitteeTranslated by Iraqdirectory.com - [1/23/2012]

A member of the Finance Committee MP / Kurdistan Alliance / Najiba Najib called to find the means and studies in order to strengthen the Iraqi currency, stressing that the proposed deletion of the three zeros will be accompanied high inflation in the country and does not lead to the strengthening of the Iraqi currency.

Najiba explained in a statement to the Agency (news) on Saturday: the project to delete three zeros from the Iraqi currency will not lead to increase the value of the Iraqi currency, but the project was accompanied by significant inflation in the country, which would put particular strain the shoulders of the Iraqi citizen.

She pointed out: that the Central Bank of Iraq is determined to implement the project to delete the three zeroes from the Iraqi currency under the pretext of restructuring, wondering: What is the feasibility of restructuring the currency without increasing its value, citing the need to lay the foundations and studies by the Central Bank in order to increase the value of Iraqi dinar against the foreign currencies.

She said: The Finance Committee representative asked the central bank to provide full studies on the project to delete the three zeros to stand on the negative aspects and positive for this project, as well as he needs new legislation and submitted to the House of Representatives for a vote, as a project of interest to all the Iraqi people.

The member of the parliamentary finance committee added that the project needs to have plenty of time to be implemented, and must develop a new mechanism and accurate by the central bank to ease the currency switch to the Iraqi people.

The CBI had announced earlier that the project to delete the three zeroes from the Iraqi currency exists in spite of the criticisms directed against him by the officials and the two economies, and will be implemented after two years from now, adding that he will include the publication of three large groups: the (200 ) dinars, equivalent to (200) thousand dinars currently, and the category (100) dinars, equivalent to (100) thousand dinars, while the third category (50) dinars, equivalent to (50) thousand dinars, the currency of the current, as well as the issuance of small metal categories.

http://www.iraqdirec...s.aspx?id=18126

• Upvote 5

Ummm.....actually folks what this person is articulating is imo what we would prefer.

She pointed out: that the Central Bank of Iraq is determined to implement the project to delete the three zeroes from the Iraqi currency under the pretext of restructuring, wondering: What is the feasibility of restructuring the currency without increasing its value, citing the need to lay the foundations and studies by the Central Bank in order to increase the value of Iraqi dinar against the foreign currencies.

• Upvote 1

Ummm.....actually folks what this person is articulating is imo what we would prefer.

Zig, no sooner had I copied that line to paste it than I got to where you did just that. Makes me think they are saying "Do not remove zeroes from a currency...but rather...remove them from the rate", but that was what I chose to read from it, lol. Speculator to the bone on this issue.

B)

• Upvote 1

Zig, no sooner had I copied that line to paste it than I got to where you did just that. Makes me think they are saying "Do not remove zeroes from a currency...but rather...remove them from the rate", but that was what I chose to read from it, lol. Speculator to the bone on this issue.

B)

I kind of wet my pants when they start talking about deleting zero's, kicking them out of the car, throwing them in the ditch.....in stage whatever....wherever they are at this stage.... ;) So there is a debate still going on.....

B)

caughtinthecrossfire,.....your right.....they are just like our lopsters/RD followers are here...only because of what the CBI can tell the masses about the project .....the masses there think the CBI is going to lop/RD......so she is saying it doesn't make sense we need to increasing the value of the currency against the foreign currencies......MPO...

• Upvote 1

caughtinthecrossfire,.....your right.....they are just like our lopsters/RD followers are here...only because of what the CBI can tell the masses about the project .....the masses there think the CBI is going to lop/RD......so she is saying it doesn't make sense we need to increasing the value of the currency against the foreign currencies......MPO...

Interesting when I look at this, it is the Finance Committee from the Kurdistan Alliance from my understanding. We know they hold weight. I hope they do.

Just on the side, wouldn't it be funny, the Kurds make the deal, "We will hand Hashimi over, just don't hang the zero's!"

Interesting when I look at this, it is the Finance Committee from the Kurdistan Alliance from my understanding. We know they hold weight. I hope they do.

Just on the side, wouldn't it be funny, the Kurds make the deal, "We will hand Hashimi over, just don't hang the zero's!"

Yes.... it would be funny...Zig

teddyJay reposted (from our VIP section) the well thought out words of the possible RV process. It was originally written by CaptainWingNut in response to a newb/and new VIP member's request for opinion.

For those who do not have VIP to read the original, do a search for "Makes Me Wonder" with no quotations of course, or follow my direct link below. TeddyJay copy/pasted what the Captain wrote just halfway down the first page (follow link to jump straight to section). Long read, but really well done. If you have time, check out, folks, but be sure you give CaptainWingNut credit where credit is due.

http://dinarvets.com...826700__hl__and

Anyway, Stryker...thanks amigo. Thank you all, too, and appologies if i highjacked this thread by posting this reply.

• Upvote 1

The CBI had announced earlier that the project to delete the three zeroes from the Iraqi currency exists in spite of the criticisms directed against him by the officials and the two economies, and will be implemented after two years from now, adding that he will include the publication of three large groups: the

(200 ) dinars, equivalent to (200) thousand dinars currently, and the category

(100) dinars, equivalent to (100) thousand dinars, while the third category

(50) dinars, equivalent to (50) thousand dinars,

the currency of the current, as well as the issuance of small metal categories.

http://www.iraqdirec...s.aspx?id=18126

Has anyone noticed that the three items in RED don't exist?

-

• Upvote 1

teddyJay reposted (from our VIP section) the well thought out words of the possible RV process. It was originally written by CaptainWingNut in response to a newb/and new VIP member's request for opinion.

For those who do not have VIP to read the original, do a search for "Makes Me Wonder" with no quotations of course, or follow my direct link below. TeddyJay copy/pasted what the Captain wrote just halfway down the first page (follow link to jump straight to section). Long read, but really well done. If you have time, check out, folks, but be sure you give CaptainWingNut credit where credit is due.

http://dinarvets.com...826700__hl__and

Anyway, Stryker...thanks amigo. Thank you all, too, and appologies if i highjacked this thread by posting this reply.

I'll take a look..thanks

Has anyone noticed that the three items in RED don't exist?

-

Yes Markinsa.....it would make it..... 1:1

example;.......200 thousand dinar now = $200 USD now but will = 200 dinars when the new exchange rate is announced.................................$200 USD = 200 IQD

I thought this was pointed out in another article so I did not point it out here..

hope that makes sense..I'm tired and turning in now

Edited by Stryker365

This is what you get from MPs that show up to work once every two months. They come in, read the agenda, then copy off of someone else and use their speech to another news agency. I remember kids in school like that too.

Thanks Carla!

Cliff Notes for Parliament.............or was it Parliament Cliff Notes for Dummies ?

• Upvote 1

I'll take a look..thanks

example;.......200 thousand dinar now = $200 USD now but will = 200 dinars when the new exchange rate is announced.................................$200 USD = 200 IQD

I thought this was pointed out in another article so I did not point it out here..

Me too! Iraq is just going to have to tuck itself into bed without me worrying about if they turned out the lights. Good night all, sweet dreams of good stuff and tomorrow is another extraordinary day!

I'll take a look..thanks

Yeah I know that, I was just thinking back to some other articles that mentioned issuing New Dinar Notes in those denominations to help ease the financial transactions.

-