Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Welfare Recepients

Joker017

Joker 017

Are you serious?????????

"Are you calling me stupid? It's Ok that's your opinion. You state above that not everyone on Welfare wants a hand out... Correct me if I'm wrong but that's exactly what you've stated above right?. Now, if They didn't want a handout why in the H*** did they apply for welfare? If they didn't want welfare (a hand out) they would have went out and gotten them selves a Job. Stands to reason doesn't it? "

Do you know that thousands of the people who defend our country can not make ends meet without assistance?

Yes, soldiers and sailors in the military drawing food stamps and assistance!

If you ever find yourself un-employed what do you do? Let your children go hungry?

15 million Americans out-of-work. If you have children and you take a minmimum wage job you can not even pay for child care these days!

Are you so out of touch????????????????????????????????????????

• Upvote 1

I never stated anything about wanting the Welfare system to go away. Nor Did I say I look down upon those receiving welfare, What I said Is I personally am a prideful man and would Not personally ever consider going that route. I never stated that anyone should join the Military, Where did that come from? I never said Homeless veterans are not entitled to benefits. WTF...

So what you are saying is that you would allow your pride to interfere with your ability to provide, by what ever means necessary, for your family... O.K.... Point taken...

So basically, you are stating that for those that are willing to put their pride aside in order to provide for their family (which you state you could not do), veteran or not, they should be relieved of their ability to vote. Nice sentiment for those that have served this country, or any other citizen of this country that has paid in one way or another into the 'system' and now YOU state they should not be able to use it and still have a voice in how the government is run. You seem to want to focus on the ones that abuse the system, not the ones that funded it for many years and are now in need of the very system they supported!

You start testing people on welfare and you'll watch a ton of Red states turn Blue!

And by the way, do we get to start testing all the people that work for companies that receive government contracts? All the construction companies, all the oil companies, all the "war support" companies. We get to test all of them too? They're taking our tax dollars too! And everyone knows there is plenty of fraud and abuse in those programs also.

Ya'll good with that too?

Old Timer there is a wealth of information out there on the subject, and to be fair when I said white I meant all non black, but the fact remains Blacks are amongst the smallest % of welfare recipients in the country: Of course you will get conflicting answers some studies will say blacks comprise, from 23-37%, but the prevailing fact remains they do not make up the largest race of welfare recipients, as many would lead you to believe, but of course when the truth comes out they of course want to sweep it under the rug at that point, but in reality thats not whats important what is is the fact there are a lot of hurting and suffering people and this type of ignorance and propaganda is spread with no thought of the conseqences.

According to the latest statistics, 39% of welfare recipients are white, 37% are black, 17% are Hispanic. Promoting the notion that welfare is a black problem plays into old and dangerous racial stereotypes.

Edited by tarsi

Let me say it one more time for all the Twosie's out there. If you are working and paying Taxes into the system, Yes you have the right to vote, even if you're working a minimum wage job but you still need Government Assistance NOT A PROBLEM VOTE all you want! If you are Not Working and Not Paying taxes into the system, That's OK too VOTE ALL YOU WANT! If you are NOT WORKING and NOT PAYING TAXES INTO THE SYSTEM but You're Collecting WELFARE while sitting on your A** playing Video Games and Smoking Dope Then NO YOU DON'T DESERVE THE RIGHT TO VOTE!

To You, armondtoth,

I guess you didn't apply at Walmart for a door greeter position! I see plenty of 70-80 year old women standing there all the time! Is it, that the position wasn't good enough for you? Maybe you didn't have the qualifications? Hell go get a Job delivering pizza's! I'm betting Laziness and the fact that you had no need since you were receiving unemployment compensation extension after extension after extension, (that's probably what you paid for your Dinar with, Free Government Money) was the biggest factor that kept you from taking a job that you felt was beneith you! 500 resumes in 2.5 years tells me that you were enjoying being on Unemployment biding your time being pretty particular as to the job or pay scale you'd accept. I'd bet that you sat on your A** behind your computer and sent out resumes to craigslist ads! How many of those 500 resumes did you hand deliver in person, Wearing a Suit and Tie? And while you were there did you ask to speak to the Hiring Manager? I'd hazard a guess that maybe just maybe there might have been a hand full, maybe! Sending a resume out doesn't show me a whole lot of initiive, desire or effort on your part. Correct me if I'm wrong but to receive unemployment benefits aren't you required to apply for a minimum of two jobs per week? So two applications per week for 2.5 years is 260 jobs minimum you were required to apply for in order to get your weekly unemployment benefits! You said you sent out 500 resumes.. Hmmm... works out to less than 4 resumes a week! that's barely twice the minimum, Doesn't sound like a guy who was really motivated to find a job! Why weren't you applying for 4 jobs each day? If a Person wants to work there is work available and don't tell me there isn't! He** go dumpster diving for scrap metal and recycle it, just do something for gods sake! Takes what about 1 hour a week to send out 4 resumes, what did you do for the other 168 hrs every week! I'm tired of people who whine and cry like a baby that they can't find a job.... My 15 yr old daughter had a job within 5 days of starting her search, But I guess it's because she was raised with a work ethic and a desire, much differently than you. I don't feel sorry for you and nobody else should either!

Again you're all entitled to your Opinion and so am I!

So what you are saying is that you would allow your pride to interfere with your ability to provide, by what ever means necessary, for your family... O.K.... Point taken...

So basically, you are stating that for those that are willing to put their pride aside in order to provide for their family (which you state you could not do), veteran or not, they should be relieved of their ability to vote. Nice sentiment for those that have served this country, or any other citizen of this country that has paid in one way or another into the 'system' and now YOU state they should not be able to use it and still have a voice in how the government is run. You seem to want to focus on the ones that abuse the system, not the ones that funded it for many years and are now in need of the very system they supported!

Not at all, My daughter comes before anything and everything in my life! I'm saying that I wouldn't accept Government Assistance! I work and never had a problem finding a job and never will, in other words I'm setting a Positive example for my child by not taking advantage of the system!

Say that again, how is receiving Welfare, providing for your Family? Sounds to me like the Government is Providing for their Family and you are correct, I can't let myself do that! Why is that wrong? I'm Not saying others can't use it obviously they are using the H*** out of the system, I'm just saying that while they are on Government assistance they shouldn't be able to vote. Can I make any Clearer?

• Downvote 1

Not at all, My daughter comes before anything and everything in my life! I'm saying that I wouldn't accept Government Assistance! I work and never had a problem finding a job and never will, in other words I'm setting a Positive example for my child by not taking advantage of the system!

Say that again, how is receiving Welfare, providing for your Family? Sounds to me like the Government is Providing for their Family and you are correct, I can't let myself do that! Why is that wrong? I'm Not saying others can't use it obviously they are using the H*** out of the system, I'm just saying that while they are on Government assistance they shouldn't be able to vote. Can I make any Clearer?

Sorry, but if at this point you are now trying to claim you are a single father providing for a daughter you have show absolutely nothing for those that are trying to do the same - unless you mean restricting the rights granted to them by the founders of this country...

You sound like someone that supported all the people that protested in NY, but relied on everyone else to pay their bills while they camped and lived in NYC for 3 months...

You state "My daughter comes before anything and everything in my life! I'm saying that I wouldn't accept Government Assistance!", which to me and I am pretty sure to everyone else states YOU ARE NOT A FREAKING PARENT!!!!

If that needs explanation then you are more far gone than I originally figured you were...

Basically, if you were as old as you claimed you were in the first place your children would already be on their own and wouldn't need you to make such claims...

So it basically comes down to quit trying to stir the pot and accept the way things are today... If you can't, then that is your problem - not everyone else's!

• Upvote 2

Ok, First off I am not or have EVER been on government assistance. I have to pay over $400 per month in health insurance.

But..I have worked for attorney's for the last 7 years and I will say this....

There may be a couple, young old (may surprise you) who together, made a very comfortable amount of money. Now they separate (honestly, usually a violent one, as sad as it sounds) Now, you have a someone who is making 1/3 of what they did with their partner, yet still working full time. They need help. Most I have encountered choose school, though some choose prostitution. Yes, even the seniors.

It truly is sad, because I have personally seen couples go through this. A husband may encourage solicitation because it pays bills.

Bottom line, I'd rather bus tables and clean $h!t than be a W****.

Sorry, but if at this point you are now trying to claim you are a single father providing for a daughter you have show absolutely nothing for those that are trying to do the same - unless you mean restricting the rights granted to them by the founders of this country...

You sound like someone that supported all the people that protested in NY, but relied on everyone else to pay their bills while they camped and lived in NYC for 3 months...

You state "My daughter comes before anything and everything in my life! I'm saying that I wouldn't accept Government Assistance!", which to me and I am pretty sure to everyone else states YOU ARE NOT A FREAKING PARENT!!!!

If that needs explanation then you are more far gone than I originally figured you were...

Basically, if you were as old as you claimed you were in the first place your children would already be on their own and wouldn't need you to make such claims...

So it basically comes down to quit trying to stir the pot and accept the way things are today... If you can't, then that is your problem - not everyone else's!

HopefulTxn,

So I'm not a good Parent because I have a work ethic that you could never even begin to understand and that I teach my daughter that there is No Need for the Government to hold her Hand? I'm a Proud father who has taught my daughter a good work ethic and she is a beautiful young lady with self confidence and a level of Self esteem that you my friend could never ever come close to possessing! If you are saying I should have compassion for people who abuse the Government assistance programs in this Country! And that I should roll over and just accept it like the good little sheep that you are, that'll never happen. If you are saying it's Ok for me to sit at home do nothing, and abuse the social assistance programs, well I'm glad I have you're permission.

NYC.. Camped out for 3 Months? - Can't comment on that because I have No idea what that was or what rock you brought it out from under!

So I guess you're the type of Parent... Cough Cough.. that would abandon your child and put them up for adoption if you couldn't feed them rather than take what ever job or jobs that were available in order to feed them.... Oops my bad.. That's right, rather than work to provide for your children you'd be Ok with sitting on your big Fat A** and letting the government support them! Why don't you have a couple more children? The Government will pay you even more money each month... and you'll be teaching your children another very valuable life lesson!

No explanation... answered that one above!

Actually I'm 48 had my daughter when I was 33, Maybe unlike you, that's why I've never needed to be on Government Assistance! And maybe that's why my daughter was brought up to stand on her own two feet! Because unlike you I do have a brain in my head and didn't have a bunch of kids out of wed lock during my teenage years that I couldn't afford to raise without the assistance of the government!

I have no choice but to accept things the way they are today because of you and people like you who have done their best to destroy this country! I'll bet your Father and your Grandfathers and their Grandfathers would be rolling over in their Graves if they could see what a well fed Big Fat sheep you've become.... a big Fat Sheep who Drinks the Government Kool-aid... Whoop's your glass is about empty but don't you worry someone will be by to fill up your cup for you, I'd hate for you to actually have to get up and exert the energy to go stand in line for a refill!!! Movement in the right direction might startle your Kids....

Have a Good Night HopefulTxn, I've enjoyed our time together but I'm completely ashamed of you and for what you stand for!

• Downvote 3

Pride goeth before the fall

Though the LORD is on high, he looks upon the lowly, but the proud he knows from afar

But when his heart became arrogant and hardened with pride, he was deposed from his royal throne and stripped of his glory

The pride of your heart has deceived you, you who live in the clefts of the rocks and make your home on the heights, you who say to yourself, 'Who can bring me down to the ground?'

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Not sayin it will ever come to pass,but imo its the fairest way.

Agree. Half the nation pays all the taxes & the other half pays nothing. Half the nation's adults will be excluded from the vote vote if only taxpayers were allowed to vote.

I'm all for it. If you contribute nothing, you shouldn't have a say so.

• Downvote 2

My Thoughts are, that if you are receiving a Government Welfare Check you should not have the right to vote!

Simply put This is a Huge Conflict of interest! If you want the right to Vote get a JOB....

Difference of opinion is what makes this country great, we can debate a subject on here and have everybody inject what or how they think about a subject. Some are serious and some are for fun to see what kinds of reactions it will draw......But we are missing the point here our system is broken and has been leaning they way for years even under other Presidents. The main key point is that alot of the same old senators are still in business that allowed this to progress from little to alot. In all honesty it is not just one persons fault that laws and regulations have been put into place that allows for our country's people to become more and more dependant of govt subsistance. Our govt meaning presidents and congress have moved in a slow fashion so as not to be detected to get our nations people to become dependant on the govt to survive. We the people have allowed this to happen by being caught up in the party political, left, right, conservative, liberal political mess that comes with the same old people being elected year after year. I blame me i blame you i blame all of us for not making our voices heard loud enough and sending these people home. A senator that has stayed in office 30 to 40 years has outlived his common sense to do the right thing. I have been screaming TERM LIMITS for years and it appears that not that many cares enough to drive this point home. This nation is falling and it is under attack from a govt that forgot the people have a voice. In my opinion it is not the presence of someone attacking this country from the outside, it is the attack from within and the mass of people for whatever reason seems to be numb to the reality of it. Until we the people stand together and let our voices be heard and demand change or else we will never be taken seriously.

• Upvote 1

:lol: :lol: :lol: You are pretty funny mojack!!! I think you missed it....He said those receiving Government WELFARE Checks....Not Government checks paid to people who actually work or have worked to receive a pension check....There is a huge difference!!!!

Maybe you should think about it longer before you post things that make no sense!!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

He questioned conflict of interest. You can't separate the interests.

Pay is Pay - Check is a Check ---- Who will add to the budgets? Who will cut budgets? Who will cut or raise programs? There are interests in all matters and all matters are conflicting.

These are directly related to government decisions unlike most non-governmental jobs.

Edited by mojack
  • Upvote 1

Well you didn't completely answer why you voted. First thing he said is he would bring healthcare - he did!

Class warfare was create over 2000 years ago. But let's talk about the more recent years - when the difference in personal wealth (top 1% and poverty) widen to an abnormal amount.

The racist creates segregation...

Comment regarding MSNBC; boy you're w a y out there...

This is the kind of babble you get when the sheeple have to deviate from there assigned talking point. :D

My Thoughts are, that if you are receiving a Government Welfare Check you should not have the right to vote!

Simply put This is a Huge Conflict of interest! If you want the right to Vote get a JOB....

I had to weigh in on this...

Yes. It seems that it is a conflict of interest. However, this as with all things is a very small piece of the puzzle. Not all, who are on the government dole, are deadbeats. What you suggest here is another regulation with no constitutional basis. The left regulates its agenda. The right regulates its agenda. Pretty soon you have a government run amok. HEY... you'd have present day America. The real solution to this issue seems to be the one less favored by Americans in general. Get involved at the local level. Fulfill your civic responsibilities. If the shoe doesn't fit, don't be offended by it, but don't think another regulation will solve the sins of government. Until individuals and neighborhoods get a grip on the local politicians what is happening at the national level will never change. You cannot get more out of something than what is put into it. Politics begins with mayors, judges, councilmen, tax assessors, school boards and all manner of individuals who are clamoring to get a cut of the big pie. Build the foundation correctly so the house can endure. The Constitution Of The United States Of America is a very good place to start. It is NOT a living document, but an ENDURING one. It should not be changed with the wind of whimsy. Welfare is UN-Constitutional. It is an emotional issue that few wish to handle. No one wants to push grandma over a cliff, but if the FAMILY was doing what families have done since the begining of time and taking care of grandma welfare wouldn't be needed by her. Churches and communities could do more. Look at the Mega churches everyone wants to be a part of... where do the millions go? Do they really need a Gulfstream jet? Was a billion dollar sports arena and Monday night football more important than families and neighbors? Why do we send money overseas to help the poor in preference to the poor in our own neighborhood? How can we solve the world's problems until we get a grip on our own reality?

When I was a young boy many years ago, my grandmother's neighbor would bring bushels of fresh peaches to share with us. Grandmother processed and canned or dried those peaches along with other produce for later use. We shared from our garden and from our apple trees. We fished and hunted for food, not for sport and another head to hang on a wall to collect dust. There was always something good to eat and welfare didn't provide it for us. I would go to the garden to hoe and pick when I was five years old. I was taught to cook for myself. If I didn't have enough clothes to make a load, but had a preference for something to wear, I washed it by hand. I learned to iron and sew my own buttons. It didn't hurt me a bit to have responsibility. I would get wood for the fire and sometimes my brother and I would find a snake, but we were ready for one because we were taught that snakes could be in the wood-pile. Many modern day parents have abdicated the responsibility to teach their children because our grand and benevolent uncle has persuaded many that the government can do a better job. Then we scratch our asses in wonderment when we get a poor result and try desparately to find anyone other than ourselves to blame. So what do we do? I know... Let's find another suitable regulation. That will fix everything. While we're at it, let's elect the most attractive person because surely attractive people couldn't be narcissistic devious. I don't intend to condescend with this diatribe, but it amazes me wants to put a bandage over a festering sore and never really deal with the pain of killing the infection. Our people have become lame and crippled while believing lies. Class warfare is dividing us and a divided house will not stand. The truth is that life is hard. It can be very harsh. There have always been rich people and poor people as there have always been charlatans, carpet-baggers and other criminal elements ready to exploit any sign of weakness. Regulation will not dilute the poison our government is pushing toward us, but truth will make us free. Education will not free us any more than practice will make perfect. TRUTH in education will free our minds just as PERFECT practice will make a practice perfect. Hard work and perseverence will help us to overcome. Honesty with ourselves and others enables us to comprehend lies when we hear them and neighbors loving neighbors will help us through lean times.

If necessity is the mother of invention, there needs to be more necessity and less regulation. The regulatory side should be such that if you are hungry and prefer stealing from your neighbor's garden then your punishment should be that you are required to hoe and pick for your neighbor until you know how to hoe and pick for yourself. If you kill someone in cold blood and are caught with certitude, you should be swiftly tried and then hang from a tree until you are dead, dead, dead. The horror of this should be televised for all to see. If you want to take the risk for yourself, you should know without doubt what the possible outcome will be. Standing on the street-corner waiting for the check from uncle Sam should simply end and punishment for defending your family and livelyhood should go away. There will probably be riots. It will probably result in civil war. Eventually enough law abiding citizens will band together and decide that they've had enough of the terror they feel everytime a child gets out of their sight or every time they turn their backs on the things they've worked so hard to acquire, and something good will come from something terrible or we will simply take a much shorter path to where we are no doubt headed... enslavement by the ruling class. Federal Judges who regulate by UN-Constitutional decree should be fired, but the people are too busy keeping up appearances to deal with substance. Politicians who line their own coffers with the blood and sweat of their constituents should be impeached, tarred and feathered, and then run out of office on the point of a goad, but no one wishes to discuss politics in public because of lies and division. The truth is that people wish to effect policies that favor them. There are many things that SHOULD happen, but we content ourselves to live an irresponsible, knee-jerk reactionary existence having its basis in feelings and emotions never really solving problems while we run each other off the roads to be first to get somewhere. Who did you cut off or run down on the road today? Okay, take away welfare, it is the one true option, but stand ready to help those who need help. If you are a fisherman, teach them to fish. If you are skilled, teach them a skill. Do NOT expect anything other than chaos if you are not prepared to stand in the gap to fill a need... Most would rather just b**** about welfare recipients than do something to help them overcome their poverty mentality. Poverty is a spirit and it seeks to possess all who are weak enough to fall victim to divisive rhetoric. Be part of the solution and not the problem. B)

• Upvote 2

I love how people want to quote the bible to reason away some ones right to vote.

Lets not forget "what ever you have done unto the least of these you have done unto me"

or how the bible says to not ignore the widows and the orphans, matter of fact it flat out says it is your DUTY to help them.

This whole topic in all honesty wouldn't even need to exist if every one who claimed to be a Christian actually acted like one.

If they did, and churches were able to do what God called them to do, we would have no need for a welfare system.

News flash to all of you out there on this sanctimonious self absorbed ego trip, not every person who is on welfare is cheating the system, not every person who is on welfare is on drugs. Matter of fact the last statistic stated only about 8%. That is still a lot of people but no where near the amount most people assume and use to justify their discriminatory state of mind.

• Upvote 1

I love how people want to quote the bible to reason away some ones right to vote.

Lets not forget "what ever you have done unto the least of these you have done unto me"

or how the bible says to not ignore the widows and the orphans, matter of fact it flat out says it is your DUTY to help them.

This whole topic in all honesty wouldn't even need to exist if every one who claimed to be a Christian actually acted like one.

If they did, and churches were able to do what God called them to do, we would have no need for a welfare system.

News flash to all of you out there on this sanctimonious self absorbed ego trip, not every person who is on welfare is cheating the system, not every person who is on welfare is on drugs. Matter of fact the last statistic stated only about 8%. That is still a lot of people but no where near the amount most people assume and use to justify their discriminatory state of mind.

The qualifier here, however, is whatsoever YOU do... NOT Robin Hood or the Federal government. It is NOT one's duty to give unto Caesar that which is theirs so it can be redistributed by an enlightened federal employee... The Almighty ONE only expects ten percent for the "storehouse", where do sheeple get the idea that a government entity has the right to tax and spend without limits?

• Upvote 2

The qualifier here, however, is whatsoever YOU do... NOT Robin Hood or the Federal government. It is NOT one's duty to give unto Caesar that which is theirs so it can be redistributed by an enlightened federal employee... The Almighty ONE only expects ten percent for the "storehouse", where do sheeple get the idea that a government entity has the right to tax and spend without limits?

Which is why I also stated we would not need welfare in the first place if churches would step up ... its right there in the middle. I haven't had my coffee yet so I even double checked

looked a little like your avatar pic

• Upvote 1