Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cjh

Aljazera Brokerage

14 posts in this topic

Yesterday I got an authorization form to transfer my Asiacell dividends to my brokerage account. I didn't like the looks of it because it was dated 2015, it was a different email address and it was blank. I'm awaiting confirmation from the Aljazera Broker.

Has anyone else received a similar document ?

Hi cjh,

I received the same form and asked for confirmation from Hasan.

Hasan usually replies within 24 hours so i am expecting a reply soon.

I will let you know as soon as I hear anything.

Cheers,

Scott

I did as well . It is one of the e-mails listed on his web site.

I have gotten them before. It's the best they can do for use. Not as sophisticated as I would expect, but it is legit.

Just to let you guys know I got an email back from Hassan, as we thought we sign the form, scan it and send it back to him. He will take care of the rest. 

Does anyone have a bank account other than with Warka? I would assume anyone with an ISX account has a bank account somewhere as well. For the purpose of getting your profits from the ISX wired back to your home country.

I have a Warka account but am looking for other alternatives to sending money home from the ISX through another bank hopefully.

Can anyone share which bank they use and any contact information in order to open an account.

Thanks,

Hi jb4388,

I don't have an Iraqi bank account, I just sent any payments from my HSBC account to Hasan at Aljazera. Everything has worked very smoothly so far. 

Cheers, 

Scott 

2 hours ago, Scott McD said:

Hi jb4388,

I don't have an Iraqi bank account, I just sent any payments from my HSBC account to Hasan at Aljazera. Everything has worked very smoothly so far. 

Cheers, 

Scott 

Thanks for your reply Scott.

i have been with Warka for 10+ years and have stock "in my good name" at the ISX . Recently I  switched brokers to Al Karmal. At least Karmal answer emails very promptly. Have you ever received a  cash dividend from an ISX company? In the past I have received free shares but for the past several years when a company offers shares at reduced amount Warka has been unable to perform my purchase request since they themselves are not listed on the ISX. I feel things are picking up on the ISX ( you wouldn't think so with only 20 or so companies trading at this time) but I believe the ISX are tightening their requirements for companies and everyone will need to anti up in order to be listed. I am looking for another bank other than Warka to send profits from the ISX to my account and possible obtain a VISa/Mastercard linked to my account. Karmal might be able to wire funds back to my US account but I was looking to have an Iraqi account.

Exactly

The brokerage gives you wiring instructions from your bank.

You wanna determine if you want a business or personal account.

Hey guys,

I was just checking out the website for aljazera. Is that 10g minimum legit?

Yeah, it used to be any amount, but new regs state $10,000.00 min.  Really put a stop to my trading. No penny stocks here!

On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 7:25 AM, haymon said:

Yeah, it used to be any amount, but new regs state $10,000.00 min.  Really put a stop to my trading. No penny stocks here!

Damn! Thanks Haymon,! Guess I'm stuck waiting for Warka to get their shite together, which may be a long time considering they're sunnis 

On 16/08/2017 at 11:38 PM, jb4388 said:

Thanks for your reply Scott.

i have been with Warka for 10+ years and have stock "in my good name" at the ISX . Recently I  switched brokers to Al Karmal. At least Karmal answer emails very promptly. Have you ever received a  cash dividend from an ISX company? In the past I have received free shares but for the past several years when a company offers shares at reduced amount Warka has been unable to perform my purchase request since they themselves are not listed on the ISX. I feel things are picking up on the ISX ( you wouldn't think so with only 20 or so companies trading at this time) but I believe the ISX are tightening their requirements for companies and everyone will need to anti up in order to be listed. I am looking for another bank other than Warka to send profits from the ISX to my account and possible obtain a VISa/Mastercard linked to my account. Karmal might be able to wire funds back to my US account but I was looking to have an Iraqi account.

Hi jb,

Sorry for the delay in replying.

Good points, I too have received the free shares allowances no problem through Aljazera, but, possibly, naively, I assumed them going international before an RV would mean any future cash related transactions would be handled through 'normal' international banking procedures (IBAN, Swift, etc).

I then wouldn't need an Iraqi bank account. 

Hopefully by the time they RV a foreigner getting an in country Iraqi account would be easy???

mmmh something to think about.

Scott