Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

What are your thoughts?

wealthhound

What do you think is the right thing to do?

When someone is in office and running for reelection, what would you consider the appropriate way to campaign while in office?

I am a bit confused as far as what my own opinion on this is.

When one is in office as has a job to do in that position, doesn't campaigning for reelection take lots of time away from that individuals current responsibilities? My hubby says there is a right way to do both, I'm not sure how I feel about this, certainly one's focus would be greatly divided trying to do both at the same time??? Come on all you smartie pants here, what insite can you bring???

sorry that my I have areyour together, can anyone fix the words in my topic???

I was brought up to do my job first, after that, it was on my own time...

Me too, but in this situation, when would one be on their own time, except if they took a vacation or sick or personal day,now that's another subject....

Depending on circumstances, it may take longer that one term to accomplish the people's goals. In that respect, one may be justified in efforts to gain re-election while in office. Of course, one would need to convince the electorate that they not only agree on the goal(s), but how and why they could not be addressed in only one term.

• Upvote 1

Depending on circumstances, it may take longer that one term to accomplish the people's goals. In that respect, one may be justified in efforts to gain re-election while in office. Of course, one would need to convince the electorate that they not only agree on the goal(s), but how and why they could not be addressed in only one term.

I get your point, but how, in your opinion can it be done without losing focus on one's current responsibilities...if it were me, I would think is easy to get caught up in the excitement ect. with the reelection stuff and maybe easy to lose focus on my current sponcies (responsibilities) don't ya think?

The only thing Obama is any good at and has been doing every since he got into office, is campaign.

If he knew how to do a good job, he wouldn't need to campaign.

Well the only fortunate thing about Obummer campaigning all the time is it gives him less time in the White House to screw more $#%@ up! 2012 can't come soon enough! :angry: He hasn't stopped campaigning since he took office. What makes me wonder is what could he possibly be campaigning about, all his great achievements as President? That would be a short speech. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by DiveDeepSix
  • Upvote 1

If someone wants to run for office and campaign is one thing but not on my dime. If you want to do this then travel at your own expense. I do not care to pay for Obama to travel across the US promoting his agenda on a trip that is nothing more than a campaign stop. He should pay for it himself and not out of taxpayer money which is exactly what is happening as he travels Air Force One. I am tired of paying for our king to travel the globe and do nothing more than stump his agenda and party.

• Upvote 1

What do you think is the right thing to do?

When someone is in office and running for reelection, what would you consider the appropriate way to campaign while in office?

I am a bit confused as far as what my own opinion on this is.

When one is in office as has a job to do in that position, doesn't campaigning for reelection take lots of time away from that individuals current responsibilities? My hubby says there is a right way to do both, I'm not sure how I feel about this, certainly one's focus would be greatly divided trying to do both at the same time??? Come on all you smartie pants here, what insite can you bring???

It is what it is... there's no way of avoiding the resemblance of a campaign even when "not campaigning" after 1 term. Similar to public relations while at any normal job. Trying to obtain a favorable relationship with your peers or public to be allow to continue doing your job.

If someone wants to run for office and campaign is one thing but not on my dime. If you want to do this then travel at your own expense. I do not care to pay for Obama to travel across the US promoting his agenda on a trip that is nothing more than a campaign stop. He should pay for it himself and not out of taxpayer money which is exactly what is happening as he travels Air Force One. I am tired of paying for our king to travel the globe and do nothing more than stump his agenda and party.

There are separate budgets... ask any ex-president.

The only thing Obama is any good at and has been doing every since he got into office, is campaign.

If he knew how to do a good job, he wouldn't need to campaign.

Can't see light for the darkness.

Thank you to all that posted their thoughts here...seems to me that maybe there should be some kind of accountability but I do see now that would be quite difficult, I just don't want any bozo spending my tax dollars on his own efforts(especially when I don't agree with him) biased, I know!

I think if they are already in office they shouldn't be able to actively campaign...the voters should have to go on the merit of the work already accomplished. I know everything can't always be done in one term but they should have a good enough record that you could go on.

• Upvote 1

I guess you need to remind all who are running for the office of president who are currently serving in congress needs to also adhere to the non campaigning close. All presidents in office that seek re-election have campaign now what is the big deal. Stop moving the goal post, vote in November and be happy with the results. Or fund your candidates election campaign and seek ownership in what you believe instead of talking out your six.

• Upvote 1