Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

BONDLADY'S CHAT This Afternoon

Hamels

HisHands,

You are right, she does a very good job of breaking down articles as she sees them. While I disagree with her on most of it, I'm not bashing her in that sense. I just thought it small of her when she left. There were legitimate questions on her opinions and there was no bashing on her whatsoever. She simply bailed at the first sign of confrontation. Just weak in my opinion.

It's not weak of her to avoid a fight. She provides a huge, important service, but she isn't doing this to argue with others. She feels that she doesn't have time to argue with those who wish to take the discussion further. If she provides a translation of the news, those who wish to do so can argue about it. She had her own website,a full-time job, and a life of her own, and she works long and dilligently to bring facts and data to her following, and sometimes to those of us here. It doesn't cost us a dime to get her news gatherings and translations, and she should not be called weak if she prefers to use her time doing what she does best instead of fighting or debating about the facts and information she provides. As to her being "small," again I would suggest that perhaps we are the ones being small to attempt to demand more from her than she has time or inclination to provide. Let others do the debating. She does what she does best, she does it extremely well, and she does it free of charge, and we receive the benefit of it, so who are we to complain about what else she doesn't do? I think it is small to try to force more from her than she has time or inclination to give. And weak--you could go search these articles out and analyse them for yourself, but since you don't do so, you don't have a dog in that fight and, by your failure, you have willingly destroyed your right to complain about what she doesn't do and, in doing so, perhaps lose for all of us the good that she freely offers. This is called, "biting the hand that feeds you."

• Upvote 5

I like what Bondlady does for us (or them). But I'm trying to picture something:

I cannot imagine what the auctions actually, physically look like, but I do not believe that they look like a hundred racetrack windows, with extremely long lines of Iraqis waiting to cash in their crumpled up dinars for US greenbacks! They are not simply taking cash, physical dinars "off the street".

It's an Auction of currencies. I imagine that it looks more like a small stock exchange, with about 29 guys representing the banks all yelling at each other to BUY! or SELL! USD, Dinar, Yen, whatever. Highest bid wins, the auctioneers make money either way.

I'm glad that they are able to pull that much dinar out of circulation, how much they keep out of circulation is what really counts.

I DO appreciate Bondlady's work.

I could easily be wrong, but this is what I have come to surmise in my readings. I hope someone will correct me or clarify points wherever it's needed. So here goes-- The auction is offered by their Central Bank, and it is not everyday citizens off the streets who are bidding on the money, but rather, other banks in Iraq when they need more money on hand in order to conduct business. I think Shabibi, as the Director of the Central Bank of Iraq, sets the amount the banks must pay for dinar. The banks have no choice but to pay, and thus, to charge their clients (the man on the street in Iraq as well las you and me), whatever the Central Bank charges for either currency, dinar or dollars, if they are to keep their doors open and stay in business. (Their Central Bank is like our US Treasury--our banks deal with the Treasury-- we don't). In an auction, Iraqi banks are buying one currency or another (meaning trading one currency for another, dinar and dollars) in order to meet the needs of their clients and depositors. When Shabibi puts a clamp on the availability of one or the other of these two currencies, he is manipulating which currency and how much of it the average Iraqi Joe on the street has in his pocket to buy his food, pay his bills, and stuff in his mattress. Thus Shabibi is manipulating the Price of Money, so to speak. How much is it worth? What will it buy? Only Shabibi knows. But that's what we are all waiting for--the time when Shabibi says the dinar is worth a great deal more in comparison to the American dollar than it was the day before.

• Upvote 1

Sweetheart, you don't need dinar. You need a farmer.

I've got a farmer. My son-in-law owns a large farm and is a farmer. I don't own the farm, but I do own the dinar. Thankfully. lol

Think about this. They would keep it electronically so when it RV's they have the bigger value also.

Water cop, I gave you a + to remove the neg someone gave you. I don't understand why they would do that since your comments were fine.

• Upvote 1

If the violence and talk of political sectarian warfare wasnt happening, id maybe believe bondladys view. Its funny, how everyone says watch the money and in this case iraqis and others want dollars and not dinar. the type.of volume weve seen in the demand for the dollar tells us, these iraqis arent expecting the dinar to increase or they wouldnt be cashing out to dollars. something to think about.

There's a lot of insecurity over there since the Americans left Iraq. People don't trust the dinar, so they try to convert it to dollars, since they have always been able to trust American dollars. Could it be that putting dollars on the streets is a part of the process of later converting the people to use the new dinars? I've read that they are printed and ready for use. I think that was not long after the CBI bought all those DeLaRue machines a while back.

• Upvote 1

It's not weak of her to avoid a fight. She provides a huge, important service, but she isn't doing this to argue with others. She feels that she doesn't have time to argue with those who wish to take the discussion further. If she provides a translation of the news, those who wish to do so can argue about it. She had her own website,a full-time job, and a life of her own, and she works long and dilligently to bring facts and data to her following, and sometimes to those of us here. It doesn't cost us a dime to get her news gatherings and translations, and she should not be called weak if she prefers to use her time doing what she does best instead of fighting or debating about the facts and information she provides. As to her being "small," again I would suggest that perhaps we are the ones being small to attempt to demand more from her than she has time or inclination to provide. Let others do the debating. She does what she does best, she does it extremely well, and she does it free of charge, and we receive the benefit of it, so who are we to complain about what else she doesn't do? I think it is small to try to force more from her than she has time or inclination to give. And weak--you could go search these articles out and analyse them for yourself, but since you don't do so, you don't have a dog in that fight and, by your failure, you have willingly destroyed your right to complain about what she doesn't do and, in doing so, perhaps lose for all of us the good that she freely offers. This is called, "biting the hand that feeds you."

Touche' Francie. Touche'

There's a lot of insecurity over there since the Americans left Iraq. People don't trust the dinar, so they try to convert it to dollars, since they have always been able to trust American dollars. Could it be that putting dollars on the streets is a part of the process of later converting the people to use the new dinars? I've read that they are printed and ready for use. I think that was not long after the CBI bought all those DeLaRue machines a while back.

Francie, I gave you a + for this post of yours as well as your postings above...I enjoy all the info provided to us, seems to me some peeps are on a power trip,JMHO, I respect Bond Lady and her info., she puts a tremendous amount of time and effort into what she provides, I admire her...as well as a bunch of others here. :D

is Shabibi TRICKING the general pop. of Iraq into trading dinars for dollars...seems kinda underhanded to me....I thought Shabs was for the little guy...not now i guess :(

This isn't trickery. Shabibi is managing the currencies so that, eventually, the Iraqis will have a strong, solid currency, one that is worth something. This is his job. The Iraqis, themselves, are simply following how Shabibi has, no doubt wisely, set things up so they will have the best value for whatever currency they own as they go through this huge monetary change. Even if Shabibi's plan steers Iraqi citizens in the direction he wants them to go, they are hurt the least in this huge changeover by doing it his way. Remember, a lot of countries will be revaluing their currencies at nearly the same time. So Shabibi is not the only actor in the stage. But he is to be very admired. He has done his best in every instance to act in the best interests of the average Iraqi while he helps to execute this huge, world-wide monetary shift.

BondLady's Afternoon Chat 12/27/2011 Today at 7:56 pm

[Mr Rockett......Thank You!!!] Say BL, what do you make of the large auctions as of late?

[bondLady] 1 sec sybil plz an ill sure tell ya

[bondLady] its a bigggie tho

[bondLady] well i talked about this earlier

[bondLady] if ev 1 will sit on there hands a min

[bondLady] im gonna throw out for u all a theory of mine

[bondLady] and we did talk about it earlier in here an i did have help with the numbers

[bondLady] ok follow me on this ok

[bondLady] ok

[bondLady] for over a month now

[bondLady] iraqs been talkin bout troop withdrawl

[bondLady] and how it was gonna cause inflation

[bondLady] usa wouldnt be spending in the markets

[bondLady] unemployment

[bondLady] cause so many worked at the embassy

[bondLady] the iraqis

[bondLady] and how shabibi came out and said like 6 weeks ago

[bondLady] if inflation got out of hand in the double digets

[bondLady] that he would act QUICKLY and control it

[bondLady] ok where was i

[bondLady] shabibi says

[bondLady] he had the means to do this an he would not hesitate

[bondLady] so then in the last month

[bondLady] we see a lot of articles

[bondLady] sayin how the usd was raising in value

[bondLady] an the dinar was devalueing

[bondLady] due to troop withdrawl an unemployment an inflation

[bondLady] so then the cbi just kept on putting articles out almost daily or every other day

[bondLady] about the iqd devalueing

[bondLady] even to the point it said it was down to 1200 and something

[bondLady] and that the cbi was working on this to stop the loss an get back the gains of the iqd

[bondLady] even tho we saw every day that the cbi showed 1170

[bondLady] he still said it was 1200 something

[bondLady] now

[bondLady] we knew in order to rv

[bondLady] they had to dry up the biggest part of the 000 that was in iraq

[bondLady] what we as investors hold sure it counts but what the iraqis hold is what trully matters

[bondLady] now like 6 months ago

[bondLady] when the cbi kept on showing articles

[bondLady] about how much they had still out in circulation

[bondLady] i had figured it to be a lil over 6 trillon dinar back then

[bondLady] and shabibi had said also in articles

[bondLady] how it needed to be brot back down into the billons to bring on a rv basically

[bondLady] so we had thot back then wow if they still got that many trillons still out in circulation

[bondLady] it would take a long time

[bondLady] cause the cbi been pullin the 000 notes back into the cbi with every auction

[bondLady] in these auctions u see them buying us dollars not selling dinars

[bondLady] they are useing the dinar to buy usd

[bondLady] so by doin this dryin up the supply

[bondLady] so we come back up to date now

[bondLady] to say 3 an 4 weeks ago

[bondLady] the cbi kept talkin about inflation

[bondLady] an kept talkin about the economy

[bondLady] and all the while thru this troop withdrawl

[bondLady] kept sayin how the troops when they left

[bondLady] would cause the dinar to go up in value

[bondLady] it would support the economy

[bondLady] but then he says in the last 2 to 3 weeks

[bondLady] the dinar is devalueing?

[bondLady] well how can this be shabibi

[bondLady] u said troops leavein would strengthen the dinar and make it grow in value?

[bondLady] but instead shabibi is sayin it was devalueing

[bondLady] and he was workin franticly to restore its rate to what it was

[bondLady] so he says

[bondLady] here we go to the tricky part

[bondLady] he says in order to control the inflation

[bondLady] caused by troop withdrawl and the spike in the dollar rate

[bondLady] was cause because the troops had taken there usd out when they came home

[bondLady] causein the dinar to devalue

[bondLady] so he says

[bondLady] im gonna flood the iraqi streets with the dollar

[bondLady] to keep it from devalueing any more

[bondLady] and he did

[bondLady] so this brings us to the work i had our team do today

[bondLady] i had them go back the last 10 auctions

[bondLady] and get the amounts

[bondLady] i kept thinkin about all the things shabs had said over the last 6 months

[bondLady] and why the devalue and why the high auctions

[bondLady] shabibi is so dang smart

[bondLady] too smart

[bondLady] but this is it and i think i did figure it out

[bondLady] so i had our team do the figures an tell me what they were

[bondLady] for the last 10 auctions

[bondLady] in that period

[bondLady] i was shocked at the amount

[bondLady] the cbi was able to pull back into the cbi

[bondLady] 2.29 trillon and some change in the last 10 auctions

[bondLady] are u as shocked as i was?

[bondLady] 2.29 trillon

[bondLady] 10 days not even 2 weeks

[bondLady] 10 days

[bondLady] so then from the time shabs 1st started talkin about it

[bondLady] we can assume that within the last 4 to 5 weeks time

[bondLady] the cbi has pulled back in every bit of 4 trillon

[bondLady] and higher give or take a few billon

[bondLady] or trillon

[bondLady] id have to go back farther than 10 days to figure out that

[bondLady] so if indeed there was only 6 trillon left in circulation 6 to 8 months ago

[bondLady] and what shabibi has done now to draw back in the 000 notes

[bondLady] he pulled off the biggest strategic plan of all times

[bondLady] he got the iraqis who have been hordeing there dinars waitin on a rv

[bondLady] to go and cash them in for usd

[bondLady] for the purchasing power

[bondLady] look at the auctions

[bondLady] huge amounts of banks

[bondLady] 23 to 28 and 29 banks

[bondLady] 100's of billons of dinar being used to buy usd

[bondLady] cause they were told the dinar was devalueing rapidly

[bondLady] causeing them to let go of the 000 notes an buy usd

[bondLady] so theyd have better purchaseing power

[bondLady] flooding the iraqi streets with usd

[bondLady] to control the dinar indeed

[bondLady] and as ive said they did need to reduce the money supply in order to rv

[bondLady] man wtg shabs

[bondLady] reducing it at 2.29 trillon in 10 days is huge

[bondLady] so then we look over here at parliment

[bondLady] parliment split to the 3rd of january suposedly

[bondLady] with 3 or 4 of the hugest laws sitting on there table to be passed

[bondLady] they leave for 2 weeks

[bondLady] the hcl

[bondLady] the budget

[bondLady] the investors laws

[bondLady] theres 1 more but cant rem what it is

[bondLady] theres many that need to be

[bondLady] but the 1s that will affect the peoples lives the most are those 3 right now

[bondLady] now in the budget

[bondLady] is 1 share of the oil rights to each iraqi citizen

[bondLady] sadr wanted that

[bondLady] it was in the budget

[bondLady] theres articles that state that

[bondLady] that 1 share

[bondLady] has hcl written all over it

[bondLady] to give any thing of the ouil to the people like that

[bondLady] has to have the hcl

[bondLady] its in the budget

[bondLady] to be able to pass the budget

[bondLady] to pass the hcl and the budget

[bondLady] the biggest in iraq history

[bondLady] they have to have the investors laws

[bondLady] these 3 things with out any of the 3 wont work

[bondLady] ok

[bondLady] so what did shabibi do

[bondLady] knowin they need to get thes laws passed asap

[bondLady] and open the budget on time not like theve done thru the recent yrs

[bondLady] they had to do stuff fast an make some genious moves by shabibi

[bondLady] how could he make the iraqis let go of there dinars theve been holdin onto thinkin it was gonna rv any day

[bondLady] and shabs knowin he had to dry up the supply

[bondLady] so the dinar is devalueing

[bondLady] rapidly

[bondLady] were doin all we can to contain it right now

[bondLady] the dollar rate is riseing fast

[bondLady] the dinar is goin down

[bondLady] articles sayin how iraqis were rushin to buy usd with there iqd

[bondLady] how brillant

[bondLady] 2.29 trillon dinar in the auctions in 10 days

[bondLady] un heard of

[bondLady] he did and is pullin it off

[bondLady] as he said he wants to begin the new currency or raising the 000 in early 2012

[bondLady] he couldnt do that with so many trillons left out in iraq

[bondLady] same as the ld's

[bondLady] if the whole world had the new lower denominations

[bondLady] but iraq didnt have them

[bondLady] it would be useless

[bondLady] it only matters if there in the hands of the iraqi citizens

[bondLady] same as the 000

[bondLady] the whole rest of the world can have them

[bondLady] but they needed to be almost gone off the streets of iraq

[bondLady] for this to happen

[bondLady] there had to be aa huge strategic move by the cbi

[bondLady] to get the people to quit hordeing the 000 notes

[bondLady] the usd is raising its rates its goin up in value

[bondLady] the dinar is fallin

[bondLady] hurry hurry buy usd while u can still get the rate before the dinar falls any farther

[bondLady] see where im goin with this?

[bondLady] an so they did

[bondLady] 2.29 trillon in just 10 days times sucked back into the cbi to be destroyed

[bondLady] its what had to happen

[bondLady] u all should be feelin really good right now

[bondLady] to know this

[bondLady] to see this

[bondLady] we are trully at the door

[bondLady] pass the budget

[bondLady] pass the hcl

[bondLady] pass the investment laws

[bondLady] the gov will take care of itself

[bondLady] an the bombings wont totally stop but they will fade to black soon

[bondLady] lots of these people blow them selves up because alqueda would pay them 200.00 for there family

[bondLady] an some would sacrifice themselves because they loved there family

[bondLady] thot they was doin the right thing to help them live

[bondLady] and to survive

[bondLady] so they would

[bondLady] lots of that will stop when there money is worth more

[bondLady] anyways

[bondLady] i thot this was pretty dang huge

[bondLady] what do yall think

[bondLady] as i drop the mic an walk off

Central Bank intervenes in defense of Iraqi dinar Today at 1:11 pm

The Central Bank says it will not allow the Iraqi dinar to depreciate and has been selling hundreds of millions of dollars to keep the currency stable.

The Iraqi dinar weakened in December last year, prompting the bank to sell dollars in a bid to withdraw cash from Iraqi markets.

The bank did not say what brought the dinar to plummet to lows it had not seen for years, but officials privately say the plunge might have been due to political uncertainty in the region.

Mudher Saleh, Central Bank’s deputy governor, has said there were no sound economic reasons for the currency’s weakening.

The bank coffers are said to be brimming with hard cash from oil sales.

Saleh said the bank would not let the dinar fall and in one day in December last year it sold $200 million on the open market to squeeze liquidity.

“We withdrew in one single day about one quarter of a trillion dinars, thereby brining stability to the currency,” Saleh said.

One reason for the dinar’s fall, according to Saleh, might be the economic difficulties Iraq’s neighbors are facing, particularly Syria and Iran.

He said Iraqi traders and industrialists have turned into middlemen for these countries, the thing which has led to a substantial growth in demand for hard currency.

http://www.azzaman.com/english/index.asp?fname=news\2012-01-02\kurd.htm

now for a quote from bond lady on this

[bondLady] gh u see that art dn showed eddie posted [bondLady] i was freakin right about the auctions [bondLady] fricken awsome [bondLady] [bondLady] prompting the bank to sell dollars in a bid to withdraw cash from Iraqi markets. [grashopa] and I just said that about you........ [bondLady] to withdraw cash (iqd) from iraqi markets [grashopa] your freekin awesome.............. [bondLady] ty so much this is huge [bondLady] i knew we would know soon if i was right [bondLady] nothing if i wasnt [bondLady] but i was [bondLady] shabs tricked the people to make them let go the 000 [bondLady] he had to was no other way an without that would be no rv [grashopa] .......they are usually about 24 - 48 hrs behind you......... [bondLady] freakin huge im so glad [bondLady] that made my day [grashopa] can I post this convo? [bondLady] now i gotta finish this work i looked in just in time to see dn spam that an i was like whatttttttttttttt [bondLady] yes u can [grashopa] YOU ROCK [bondLady] i am so happy we got confirmation of my chat [bondLady] freakin awsome [bondLady] it had to happen to dry up the iqd on the street or we wouldnt see a rv at all any time soon [grashopa] BL BATS 1000............ LOL3 [bondLady] i dunno when itll happen but we did fig shabs strategic plan out long before any 1 else did we smoked this 1 yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh [bondLady] im so happy about this, most times im pretty sure bout ev thing i post but this i wasnt 100% about and thankfully great news hounds that we have just confirmed it yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! [bondLady] [bondLady] ok bk to work keep spammin that too thru out the day this is so huge [bondLady] tyvm [grashopa] ....RIGHT ON.... [bondLady] u can show them all what i had said [grashopa] ..I will ....if you stop typin... [bondLady] sry im done [grashopa]

I thought this should also go with her chat so it make sense.